Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All in all, Good Tourney

Started by aristotle, November 19, 2007, 07:39:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotle

Looking at the big picture this was a successful trip to PR. Yes, we all know we should have won it, but there is a bigger picture to paint here. These kids are still trying to unlearn bad habits of a previous system and learn a new system at the same time. Playing 3 games in 4 days against quality opponents was a great trial by fire for these guys. Our defense is good already. Bigs need to get a little tougher but I think Pel can instill this into them. Guards need to take care of the ball...plain and simple. Looks like getting embarrassed by Providence hit their pride a little bit, and they did a much better job against VCU.

Just my 2 pennies. Go Hogs.

slopinhogs

A few hours in a hot gym helped out a lot. the guys know what they are expected to do. they are just trying to see what coach will put up with . i'd say don't try this man out. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PeytonManningSUCKS

Plus 1 Wells, We had some sloppy play, but this is early in the season with a new offense.  We gots to have Erv settle down and start playing some quality PG. 

Ouachihog

I agree. Don't underestimate this win over VCU.  They are a quality team who will win a lot of games this year. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

chiefsfan

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on November 19, 2007, 10:25:14 am
Well we all wanted to take home the trophy, but I think some lessons were learned this weekend in PR.

We will have to protect the basketball v Mizzou. Anxious to see how that plays out.

That will be one fast paced game
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Ouachihog on November 19, 2007, 09:19:18 pm
I agree. Don't underestimate this win over VCU.  They are a quality team who will win a lot of games this year. 

I agree. Enjoy the win against Anthony Grant because those are going to be scarce in the coming years.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Daymond Catlett

I think in the past we managed to win most of our games early in the year and were way to over confident when SEC play rolled around. It doesn't bother me to see them loose a game early like this. I think Pel has been giving an honest account of where his team was at and I didn't see him getting caught up in all the preseason hype just because we had all returning starters. That tells me he knew where his players really stood. Hence him saying that he thought they would get to see some adversity quickly in PR. I am sure he is the man to get the most out of this group of kids what ever that may ultimately turn out to be. I agree with you Aristotle that they have some bad habits to unlearn and that will take some time. I can't wait to see who Pel will be able to get to come here over the next few years.  He seems to have a better grasp of the type of players needed to compete in the SEC. Of course playing 4 years at Kentucky under RP and with the talent that was in the SEC during that time would obviously help make that clear.