Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I like this Pelphrey guy...

Started by bobbybouchet, November 18, 2007, 06:12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbybouchet

Not just because of a win today, but I just like his demeanor on the sidelines.  Both with his players, officials, and even opposing teams and coaches after the game.  He just seems like he has a way that we haven't had in a while.  I know it sounds like the obvious, but he acts similar to Donovan who I have admired.

hogman1974

I agree.  I was watching Pel when Townes got that basket and the foul, Pel pumped his fist like he was on the court.  I like the fire.  I also like the fact that we took care of the ball.  Looked like a different team today.  That is coaching.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: hogman1974 on November 18, 2007, 06:14:46 pm
I agree.  I was watching Pel when Townes got that basket and the foul, Pel pumped his fist like he was on the court.  I like the fire.  I also like the fact that we took care of the ball.  Looked like a different team today.  That is coaching.

I agree. Would Heath have made the team practice twice on their day off? Doubtful.  If the fans give this man time I have no doubt he will be a consistent winner at UA. No doubt.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

40MINSOFHELL

Boarcephus

Ya gotta like what you've seen so far.   Ervin may have been able to slip one over on Heath but this Pelphrey dude is hardcore.   Dana Altman may have done us the biggest favor since Rollie declined Franks offer and he went with Nolan.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

slopinhogs

hed just never quits coaching does he.  he called time out today and saved two turn overs because of the trap. help needs to come to the ball and not stand 20 feet away and expect someoine in a double trap to getd you the ball.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

HogMavFan

Quote from: slopinhogs on November 18, 2007, 09:54:11 pm
hed just never quits coaching does he.  he called time out today and saved two turn overs because of the trap. help needs to come to the ball and not stand 20 feet away and expect someoine in a double trap to getd you the ball.

I agree. Many of the turnovers are the fault of the other four players not coming to the ball. Also, why do they have Beverley buried down on the baseline and Weems up top with the point guard. I would rather see Beverley shooting 12 times instead of Weems(unless they are penetrations and dunks).

p.s. I love Pelphrey too.

40MINSOFHELL

i love for pelphrey to win his first national championship as a hog coach and maybe win back 2 back....then he would be considered arkansas best basketball coach lol

HawgG

Quote from: bobbybouchet on November 18, 2007, 06:12:55 pm
Not just because of a win today, but I just like his demeanor on the sidelines.  Both with his players, officials, and even opposing teams and coaches after the game.  He just seems like he has a way that we haven't had in a while.  I know it sounds like the obvious, but he acts similar to Donovan who I have admired.
Quote from: hogman1974 on November 18, 2007, 06:14:46 pm
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2007, 07:42:47 pm
2009 Arkansas National Champions
Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2007, 08:52:59 pm
Ya gotta like what you've seen so far.   Ervin may have been able to slip one over on Heath but this Pelphrey dude is hardcore.   Dana Altman may have done us the biggest favor since Rollie declined Franks offer and he went with Nolan.
Quote from: slopinhogs on November 18, 2007, 09:54:11 pm
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2007, 10:33:19 pm
i love for pelphrey to win his first national championship as a hog coach and maybe win back 2 back....then he would be considered arkansas best basketball coach lol
Quote from: HogMavFan on November 18, 2007, 10:20:59 pm

I agree. Many of the turnovers are the fault of the other four players not coming to the ball. Also, why do they have Beverley buried down on the baseline and Weems up top with the point guard. I would rather see Beverley shooting 12 times instead of Weems(unless they are penetrations and dunks).

p.s. I love Pelphrey too.
Quote from: TorsinAHog on November 18, 2007, 07:37:49 pm

I agree. Would Heath have made the team practice twice on their day off? Doubtful.  If the fans give this man time I have no doubt he will be a consistent winner at UA. No doubt.

AND/OR

florence_nitecap

It's refreshing to watch a passionate coach again.
Pelphrey is a fire ball!
I'm so psyched for the Hogs this season and it's a great feeling.

Nashville Fan

You see the look he gave the player that was mad and threw the towel on the court after the time out? Definitely different than last year.
Pittman or Bust!

JAMAHog

He sure seems like just what we needed.  I like his fire and work ethic.  I feel like we have legitimate hope that we'll be back either on top, or very close, in the future. 

Dr Swineglove

I loved reading today about how hard Pel worked the team in practice on Saturday - a lesser coach would have just done a shoot around.  The man has confidence in his team's conditioning, that's for sure.

I also love how he let the media know the team was putting the Friday night 'embarrassment' behind them.  He took responsibility, didn't blame the players, and then showed leadership preparing the team for Sunday's game.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient