Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas -vs- Virginia Commonwealth U. Game Thread

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 18, 2007, 04:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas looks as though they have cut down on the Turn Overs although they have had a "few" with that being the key word.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

They need to continue to break their press and get easy baskets... but Hill keeps missing layups....his second one!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chillinhoggie

razorbackfan4life

jrparrish

good god...they should have put him through the football strength training program

Ulysses_S_Grunt

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razorbackfan4life

jrparrish

hognelson

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Refs seem better in this game than in the first two

jrparrish

way to go washingtion......yeah...they aren't calling BS carry calls

Ulysses_S_Grunt

razorbackfan4life

hognelson

Ulysses_S_Grunt

I hope pelphrey can get this team to actually keep a big lead, keep our foot on their throat

MDH

Looks like Pel made the most of Saturday.  They are looking better.

Of course, you can't look too much worse than we did Friday.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

The_Bionic_Pig

See what I mean when we limit our on unforced errors we tend to walk away from teams.... VCU's press is 5X better than Providence so that makes me all the more upset thinking about what could have been.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: MDH on November 18, 2007, 04:30:05 pm
Looks like Pel made the most of Saturday.  They are looking better.

Of course, you can't look too much worse than we did Friday.

2 Practices, no sightseeing they lost that privilege
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrparrish

they look better..that is the difference between heath and pelphrey...under heath, they looked the same every game...inconsistent and unimproved....at least with pelphrey, you can see the adjustments and when he has jumped their ass after a loss.

TorsinAHog

I forgot that anthony grant was my choice for HC.  not that I am complaining. I would have.complained w dana
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

MDH

Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 04:33:28 pm
dana is female....

Not a female, just altered at a young age so he could stay in the boys choir...
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Hogginitall

Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 04:33:28 pm
dana is female....

So is Fran.  Did you guys know he was an assistant coach at PROVIDENCE for 13 years??!?  No wonder he was hating on us during our game against them. He's a b1tch....

razorbackfan4life

razorbackfan4life

MDH

jrparrish

GD it...these turnovers are rediculous.....but they aren't coming to the ball either to help

Pignominious

We're playing hard.  Weems looks good.  Rebounding is good.  Fran is spot on with the analysis.  Ervin is not an SEC pg.  He looks eratic along with the rest of our half court offense.  Defense is very good.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

jrparrish

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on November 18, 2007, 04:38:35 pm
We're playing hard.  Weems looks good.  Rebounding is good.  Fran is spot on with the analysis.  Ervin is not an SEC pg.  He looks eratic along with the rest of our half court offense.  Defense is very good.

missed one element...TTTUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNNNOOOOVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

MDH

The need to stop with the TOs... My dog keeps thinking I'm yelling at her...

If not for the hogs boys, do it for my dog!

Hollywood_HOGan45

no lead is safe

none at all

this team turns the ball over so much its not even funny

jrparrish

has anyone figured out why pelphrey buttons the top button on his shirt????

MDH

November 18, 2007, 04:44:52 pm #37 Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:47:23 pm by MDH
Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 04:43:21 pm
has anyone figured out why pelphrey buttons the top button on his shirt????

He's kind of a nerd, really.  A cool one, but still a bit nerdy.

Like I'm one to talk ;)

jrparrish

HouSwine

Much more fun style of play for the fans and players, even if he is nerdy looking.

jrparrish

Hollywood_HOGan45

just seems like they are not letting us play defense but they let VCU do the exact same stuff they are calling us for

MDH

40MINSOFHELL

well we need a pg, but um the turnovers dont seem to be a factor haha i guess pelfrey got that fixed

Hollywood_HOGan45

nice half

much much better than what we layed on the floor the other day but still gotta keep the TOs under control

really wish we  coudl get the ball inside but when they rape us under the goal theres not much else you can do.

good half but we can do better and no lead is safe with VCU

The_Bionic_Pig

I have yet to see one single Arkansas player show any kind of smile.  This team looks very, very focused.  If they win convincingly they remain in the top 25 easily.  They all look very reserved and calm.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrparrish

alot of the ranked teams by us lost this weekend...stanford....i forgot the others...bucknell is beating #23 nova...so hopefully we won't fall out like kentucky

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2007, 04:56:36 pm
nice half

much much better than what we layed on the floor the other day but still gotta keep the TOs under control

really wish we  coudl get the ball inside but when they rape us under the goal theres not much else you can do.

good half but we can do better and no lead is safe with VCU

Steven Hill "bless his heart" is not a agressive finisher.  He's 7' being gaurded by a 6'7 guy and is attempting to knock it "ever so gently" off the glass.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 04:59:25 pm
alot of the ranked teams by us lost this weekend...stanford....i forgot the others...bucknell is beating #23 nova...so hopefully we won't fall out like kentucky

Kentucky's showing the previous game against lil ole UCA made quite a few voters suspicious but when they were blowed out by Gardner Webb, at home, on National TV it only confirmed their doubts.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*