Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rutgers is a Football Program

Started by jfb4ever, May 09, 2007, 10:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfb4ever

I would say wait and see, but some of you have your heads deep in the sand. There will be many upsets this year, I hope Troy isn't one of them, but S. Florida has a chance at Auburn?

gangstaback

Quote from: hawgwilde on May 10, 2007, 12:29:52 am
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 09, 2007, 11:36:46 pm
If Arkansas played in the Big East we would in the top ten every year

If Arkansas had a coach worth a crap, we'd be in the top ten every year REGARDLESS of conference!

Really??? Seems to me that we couldnt compete in the PAC-10 or the Big Ten cuz of our game style.

And if we were in the Southwestern Conference still, we wouldnt be Top 10.

Stop with the "outrages" and lets think logically...

jfb4ever

The game and recruiting is passing us by!!!!!!

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 04:20:51 pm
             Other than North Carolina, Florida, and probably a couple of others, Rutgers has the youngest team in the country. I would like to see us building for the future like these teams are.

Florida? What are you talking about? They lost half of their starters from last years team.

Do you even have a clue to what you are saying half the time?

ilovepinebluff

And what makes Rutgers a football program? 152 bad seasons and 1 good season?

You have no football knowledge.

hogtheznutts

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:15:52 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 10, 2007, 10:17:59 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:07:16 am
The Big East has really come up in the last couple of years.
LOL!!!  That is freakin hilarious!!!  Oh wait...you weren't being serious, were you? 
I am not saying they are at our level by any means, I just said they had come up. (meaning they had improved from their previous state)
3 out of the 8 teams (Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers) spent a significant amount of the season in the top 10 last season. (and finished 6, 10, and 12 respectively) No doubt Rutgers is the biggest surprise, but looking at how they were a few years ago, no one can deny they have improved a lot as a conference.

We got it already...Your not really saying anything!  They improved as a conf.?  Why because they all won the pansy games?

jfb4ever

Check the numbers yourself, Florida has a really young team. Florida, Rutgers, South Florida, and North Carolina will all be better than us soon. But, if we make changes the potential is here!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 09, 2007, 10:23:11 pm
               Rutgers, is set to be Top Ten for at least 4 years, where will we be the next 4 years?

Houston will be begging for another two year pass.

jfb4ever

Houston will get his 2 year pass, unless we demand Frank's 8 year contract is burned.

WilsonHog

If Arkansas had a coach worth a crap, we'd be in the top ten every year REGARDLESS of conference!

Yeah, cause we have such a track record of that since they started letting black kids play football.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2007, 06:38:16 pm

Yeah, cause we have such a track record of that since they started letting black kids play football.
Huh,  - What kind of a remark is this?
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

WilsonHog

May 10, 2007, 06:47:10 pm #61 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:49:05 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: budcampbellfan on May 10, 2007, 06:42:25 pm

It's a remark recognizing that from 1959 to 1969 we were ranked in the top 10 at the end of season eight times, but that from 1970 (i.e., when the SWC was integrated) to 2006 we've only finished in the top 10 five times.

That's five times in 11 years pre-integration, and five times in 37 years post-integration.

That kind of remark. 

WADHOG

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2007, 06:47:10 pm

It's a remark recognizing that from 1959 to 1969 we were ranked in the top 10 at the end of season eight times, but that from 1970 (i.e., when the SWC was integrated) to 2006 we've only finished in the top 10 five times.

That's five times in 11 years pre-integration, and five times in 37 years post-integration.

That kind of remark. 
OK, how about this, what's your point?

WilsonHog

Quote from: WADHOG on May 10, 2007, 06:50:40 pm

That kind of remark. 

What's my point...

What is my point...

Hmmm...

Well - and I'm just spitballing here - maybe my point is that it's a little outrageous to make the statement that we would be in the Top 10 every year with the right coach WHEN WE'VE ONLY BEEN IN THE TOP 10 FIVE TIMES IN THE LAST 37 YEARS WITH FRANK BROYLES, LOU HOLTZ, KENNY HATFIELD, JACK CROWE, DANNY FORD, AND HOUSTON NUTT.

Five times in 37 years. That's uh, that's a track record!

Perhaps - and I'm just stretching a bit here - perhaps those numbers also indicate that our football program was more successful in the 1960s (pre-integration) than at any time since.

Yes. Yes. I'm almost certain that is indeed my point.

Two points, in fact. 

gatecrasher

Quote from: hogfursty on May 10, 2007, 01:23:05 am

be realistic even the national champs from this year werent ranked a couple of years ago.
I am being realistic...
We've been waiting 10 years for a championship.  We still don't have it.
I don't care about who wasn't ranked a couple of years ago. 

WADHOG

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2007, 07:02:41 pm

That kind of remark. 

What's my point...

What is my point...

Hmmm...

Well - and I'm just spitballing here - maybe my point is that it's a little outrageous to make the statement that we would be in the Top 10 every year with the right coach WHEN WE'VE ONLY BEEN IN THE TOP 10 FIVE TIMES IN THE LAST 37 YEARS WITH FRANK BROYLES, LOU HOLTZ, KENNY HATFIELD, JACK CROWE, DANNY FORD, AND HOUSTON NUTT.

Perhaps - and I'm just stretching a bit here - perhaps those numbers also indicate that our football program was more successful in the 1960s (pre-integration) than at any time since.

Two points, in fact. 
Thanks for spelling it out for us non moderators/scholars.  NOW, it makes sense.

WilsonHog

Quote from: WADHOG on May 10, 2007, 07:12:55 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2007, 07:02:41 pm

That kind of remark. 

What's my point...

What is my point...

Hmmm...

Two points, in fact. 
Thanks for spelling it out for us non moderators/scholars.  NOW, it makes sense.

No problem. Glad to help out.

jfb4ever

While many are amused by mentioning North Texas, S. Florida, Rutgers, and other non-traditional powers improving their football programs. I know of one program that was not Top Ten, that made it to being top ten, made it all the way to the National Championship, had other chances to play for it all. In fact, I believe this school was in the top ten quite a few times in the 60's and 70's. That school is right here in Arkansas. So I know it is possible for a small school to improve their football, but it is very frustrating that we seem to be headed in the wrong direction!     

budcampbellfan

May 10, 2007, 07:50:04 pm #68 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:54:47 pm by budcampbellfan
So Wilson has given up on us ever being anything because blacks are allowed to play now.  Unbelievable!

Look, I could go through that whole line of coaches and tell you their failures but I don't have the energy and you would not read the pages it would take.  Lou Holtz was fired (by Frank Broyles) after one 6-5 season.  He was the best of the bunch.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

jfb4ever

Frank brought us to the top, but now he is taking us the wrong direction. His new 8 year contract is our major problem.

JEM

Rutgers, is set to be Top Ten for at least 4 years, where will we be the next 4 years?

whaaaat????  ??? ??? ??? joke right!!
:razorback:

jfb4ever

Wrong, Rutgers is for Real!

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 09:00:11 pm
              Wrong, Rutgers is for Real!

They have 1 decent season, and you think they are for real?

jfb4ever

If you would check them out, instead of call people names you might learn something! I kind of enjoy the names knowing the real person they come from!!!!

JEM

May 10, 2007, 09:13:10 pm #74 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:15:30 pm by JEM
Rutgers will not be in the top 10 with Arkansas at the end of next year!!

Go Hogs!!

jfb4ever

I hope you are right, but they are building a good program.

z-pak

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on May 10, 2007, 04:30:02 pm

I can't decide whether you are 13 or just have the cognitive capacity of a 13 year old.  Can anyone else help me on this?
You are reading my mind
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

jfb4ever

Enjoy for comedy if you like, we all need a laugh. I am not trying to change anyones mind, just remember in a few months we need to start building a program.

JEM

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 09:16:34 pm
         I hope you are right, but they are building a good program.

I hope I am right too :) , looks like they have two preseason all-americans (playboys)
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=5388

VoR

The difference being, Rutgers is set to be in the top 10 nationally, we'd be in the top 10 of the Big Least just like we are in the SEC.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: VoR on May 10, 2007, 09:38:18 pm
The difference being, Rutgers is set to be in the top 10 nationally, we'd be in the top 10 of the Big Least just like we are in the SEC.

Umm...no.

jfb4ever

We might beat S. Florida, but Rutgers, West Virginia, or Louisville, I would only hope so????

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogtheznutts on May 10, 2007, 05:33:24 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:15:52 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 10, 2007, 10:17:59 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:07:16 am
The Big East has really come up in the last couple of years.
LOL!!!  That is freakin hilarious!!!  Oh wait...you weren't being serious, were you? 
I am not saying they are at our level by any means, I just said they had come up. (meaning they had improved from their previous state)
3 out of the 8 teams (Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers) spent a significant amount of the season in the top 10 last season. (and finished 6, 10, and 12 respectively) No doubt Rutgers is the biggest surprise, but looking at how they were a few years ago, no one can deny they have improved a lot as a conference.

We got it already...Your not really saying anything!  They improved as a conf.?  Why because they all won the pansy games?
Yes I am saying something. I said they improved a lot over the last few years. If you would like to say how they have either 1) gotten worse over the last few years, or 2) stayed the same over the last few years, I would love to hear it. By all accounts from anyone in the know, they have improved.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: VoR on May 10, 2007, 09:38:18 pm
Lol, Top 10 out of 8 teams. That is how good we are.