Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Linebacker has Arkansas in his top 2

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 08, 2007, 04:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 08, 2007, 04:54:56 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:06:40 pm by Richard Davenport
Danny Trevathan is a 6'2 211 pound OLB with 4.59 speed from Leesburg HS, Leesburg, FL. I talked to Danny 30 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: What are your offers?

Danny: Arkansas, Ole Miss, Purdue, Buffalo, Arizona St., Indiana, Illinois.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Danny: They offered in March.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Danny: Coach Vaughn. He seems real cool. I can't wait to meet him in person. He texts me about once a week. I'm real interested in them.

TRG: What were some of your stats this past season?

Danny: I had 97 tackles with 24 of them for losses. I had 2 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.

TRG: What other schools are showing interest?

Danny: North Carolina St., Penn St., Florida and I got something from Miami today.

TRG: Do you have any favorites?

Danny: Arkansas and Purdue.

TRG: What's the best part of your game?

Danny: I like to play physical and use my speed to get to the QB.

TRG: Do you plan to make any visits this summer?

Danny: I want to go to Arkansas and some other schools this summer.

TRG: What standouts about Arkansas?

Danny: I like the way their defense played against Florida.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Danny: Probably after my Sr. year.

Danny said Arkansas is recruiting him the hardest and he's being recruited as OLB by Arkansas. It appears the Coach Vaughn is developing a real good relationship with Danny.

arkjay19

Arkansas seems to be hitting Florida much harder than usual this year.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

southern hawg

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 08, 2007, 07:06:44 pm
Wasn't this one of the reasons given for accepting the invite to the Capital One Bowl as opposed to going to a bowl game closer to home, to try and tap into Florida for some recruits?  I could be mistaken but I've heard this influx into Florida has been in the works for a while.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: southern hawg on May 08, 2007, 07:26:20 pm
Wasn't this one of the reasons given for accepting the invite to the Capital One Bowl as opposed to going to a bowl game closer to home, to try and tap into Florida for some recruits?  I could be mistaken but I've heard this influx into Florida has been in the works for a while.

EXACTLY!!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

IcEwalker

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 08, 2007, 07:39:59 pm

EXACTLY!!!!

if we can get into florida (already got michael smith) as well with our success in texas and mild success in the miss/alabama area, we could have a nice recruiting class and base for the future. no offense to arkansas athletes (cause i am one), but id talk a 3 star from florida or texas over one from arkansas.

hawgsav1

I think the Capital One Bowl was the best bowl we were invited too.  It's better than the Cotton and usually the teams that barely miss out on the BCS end up in the Capital One Bowl (formerly known as the Peach Bowl).  However, I hope it provides us some recruiting inroads.  We need those.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Box Swine

501Ben

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 08, 2007, 08:15:22 pm
I think the Capital One Bowl was the best bowl we were invited too.  It's better than the Cotton and usually the teams that barely miss out on the BCS end up in the Capital One Bowl (formerly known as the Peach Bowl).  However, I hope it provides us some recruiting inroads.  We need those.

Formerly known as Citrus Bowl....and your right it is the best bowl outside of BCS bowls.

pig_sooie

Actually, the Capitol One Bowl used to be the Citrus Bowl.

oldbear

VenturaHog

more fla? I love it! very pleasantly surprised to hear we are on someones top 2

Brewerfan10

I agree, can't really beat those Florida athletes

CarolinaHog1176

it doesn't seem practical to get kids to travel half way across the nation to go to school, but we've been moderately successful in florida.  it seems that when it comes down to it, having family and friends at the games to watch them play seems to weigh very heavy on a recruits decision.  but if we can get a good grip on florida, we're already pretty prominate in texas... now if we can just get into california then we'd basically have all 3 hotbeds for recruiting covered.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Hogstocking

Great stuff Richard. 

Would love to see him and Tinsley playing beside each other.

arkjay19

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on May 09, 2007, 06:15:37 am

it doesn't seem practical to get kids to travel half way across the nation to go to school, but we've been moderately successful in florida.  it seems that when it comes down to it, having family and friends at the games to watch them play seems to weigh very heavy on a recruits decision.  but if we can get a good grip on florida, we're already pretty prominate in texas... now if we can just get into california then we'd basically have all 3 hotbeds for recruiting covered.

LSU, Florida, USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee, MIchigan, Texas, and the other big time schools are able to do it year in and year out.  the Clausens are from California but all ended up at Notre Dame, Tennessee, and LSU (and then to tennessee).  Green, McKnight, and Booty are from this area and are at USC.  Mallett at Michigan.  The list goes on and on.

Hogstocking

May 09, 2007, 12:38:42 pm #16 Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:51:34 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: arkhog9 on May 09, 2007, 12:10:40 pm
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on May 09, 2007, 06:15:37 am

LSU, Florida, USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee, MIchigan, Texas, and the other big time schools are able to do it year in and year out.  the Clausens are from California but all ended up at Notre Dame, Tennessee, and LSU (and then to tennessee).  Green, McKnight, and Booty are from this area and are at USC.  Mallett at Michigan.  The list goes on and on.

Texas???  It's very rare to see a kid commit to them that ISN'T from Texas.   In 6 years they've had a total of 10 out of state commitments and 5 of those 10 came in one class..  Florida has no real need to go out of state either, but when they do it's generally the southeast region and occasionally TX.   LSU's main recruiting base is LA then MS and TX. 

ND, Tennesse, and Michigan do it on a constent basis.  But Nebraska is the best example, that state basically produces nothing.  Only 2 of their 27 commits were from Nebraska last year and it was a very good class.  USC is on a different stratosphere than anyone else when it comes to recruiting. 

Torqued pork

Obviously in-state recruiting is important, but if we're ever going to win consistantly our out-of-state recruiting needs to be raised a notch or two. Hearing about quality players from as far away as Florida being interested in Arkansas is encouraging, but I'm not getting my hopes up this early.

hogsmaster

our chances of landing him is good if the big FL schools do not offer

arkjay19

Quote from: hogsmaster on May 09, 2007, 10:55:29 pm
our chances of landing him is good if the big FL schools do not offer

just like with kids from Alabama.

BigPapaHawg

Nice to see the Hogs hitting Florida harder here lately!
WOO PIG

forttownpimp

Once again it's great to see us offering before these big schools start hitting on him.