Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you think Gus wants Houston to succeed?

Started by Porkem, May 08, 2007, 01:06:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Honestly?

Yes
95 (41.1%)
No
136 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 215

gangstaback

seems to me like gus wanted nutt's job.

things didn't go the way gus wanted because nutt didn't want to expose gus that much (he wants to keep his job). plus, gus messed up the USC game for us.

gus didnt go that far (2 hours... hour and a half?)... he's keeping an eye on this job when it comes up for grabs.

so i voted "no".

slopinhogs

he probably don't want to be involved with concern for Ark but i gurantee he wishes HDN the best of luck. it's just the man that Gus is. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

JEM

Quote from: coach5779 on May 08, 2007, 03:39:21 pm
Who cares?  Gus is no longer a part of the Razorbacks (FOR WHATEVER REASON).  He should, and probably is more worried about Tulsa then what is going on here.  The "fans" are trying to make a bigger deal out of things by continuously asking questions like this.

+1

Priceless

hogfursty

who cares what gus thinks. he is no longer w/ the program.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The official thread of the uninformed, uneducated fans.......of Houston Dale Nutt.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

blue

I honestly think gus feels sorry for HDN. It doesn't matter what you wish on someone. He knows what will happen to HDN in the end. As any great coach, he took the events from the U of A as a valuable experience. I would think he learned a few things, as well as a few things got reaffirmed in his philosophy. I think he would tell you that he is a better coach from the experience. Sympathy is what I think he feels for HDN.

HITCHER

Gee, it's kinda funny that Houston sold us a bill of goods all last year, "things are great on the hill, Gus is happy." We then find out he was filling us full of sh**. Gus has more class in his little finger that Houston has in his entire being. And the funny thing is, these thing have a way or working themselves out. Bet Houston wishes he had the "David Lee for Gus" move back. We would not be having all of this sh** going on then would we?

rocksalt

Quote from: seeya on May 08, 2007, 04:39:23 pm
Quote from: schweine on May 08, 2007, 09:23:23 am
If I was Gus, and I'd had to put with a piss poor coach like Nutt, I'd want him to fail big time.

Gus is the root cause of this. He was a brand new coach and he encouraged an ego-mom to go over his bosses head. That is insubordination. He was a key to MM success. When they couldn't get it done on the field they started behind the back high school antics. Gus was demoted, mitch was run off and ego-mom was cancelled. Gus failed miserably as a coach here. He won games, won awards but never won the players or bosses respect on the field or in the locker room. MM failed greatly as a player and leader here. Neither gained acceptance by the players or the coaches. That's the reason he and MM are gone. They produced poor results in leadership, then challenged the system of a winning team and lost.

Gus didn't have the respect of the players ? Then ask HDN why he hired Gus in order to get the Springdale players to sign up. If he didn't want Gus and the players didn't like him, why was Gus the deciding factor in their decisions on where to play, and why are some of them gone now that Gus is gone ? Oh yeah, one left BEFORE Gus because he saw the writing on the wall. By the way, how do you RESPECT that ? I really feel sorry for you when reality finally hits and you realize YOU were suckered by YOUR HEAD COACH too. I hope you're mommy has a beach towel ready for you, you are going to need it. I also hope you remember this in the fall when you are losing games and the guys in Tulsa are having the best season they ever had. You had a coach to respect and admire, but you were lied to about him and you bought it - Hook, Line and Sinker. My youngest son is in Junior High and HE IS SMARTER THAN THAT ! Good Luck Son !
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

Porkem

notshavin are you on crack?  What are you talking about?  Put the pipe down and talk to me,
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 08, 2007, 09:43:03 pm
The official thread of the uninformed, uneducated fans.......of Houston Dale Nutt.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

toshortrock

Gus will be watching when he has a chance,but Gus seems to be a nice guy,and maybe one day down the long road he will let the cat out of the bag a little,when nutt finally goes,i say gus will not lose any sleep over it
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

May 09, 2007, 06:06:06 pm #61 Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 06:08:21 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
The quotes below is what I was referring to:

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 09, 2007, 12:34:47 am
notshavin are you on crack?  What are you talking about?  Put the pipe down and talk to me,
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 08, 2007, 09:43:03 pm

Quote from: hogfursty on May 08, 2007, 09:40:34 pm
who cares what gus thinks. he is no longer w/ the program.
Quote from: Priceless on May 08, 2007, 09:38:49 pm
Who cares?
It's time to move on.
Quote from: gangstaback on May 08, 2007, 05:36:48 pm
seems to me like gus wanted nutt's job.

things didn't go the way gus wanted because nutt didn't want to expose gus that much (he wants to keep his job). plus, gus messed up the USC game for us.

gus didnt go that far (2 hours... hour and a half?)... he's keeping an eye on this job when it comes up for grabs.

so i voted "no".
Quote from: JEM on May 08, 2007, 09:02:25 pm
Quote from: coach5779 on May 08, 2007, 03:39:21 pm
Who cares?  Gus is no longer a part of the Razorbacks (FOR WHATEVER REASON).  He should, and probably is more worried about Tulsa then what is going on here.  The "fans" are trying to make a bigger deal out of things by continuously asking questions like this.

+1
Quote from: seeya on May 08, 2007, 04:39:23 pm
Quote from: schweine on May 08, 2007, 09:23:23 am
If I was Gus, and I'd had to put with a piss poor coach like Nutt, I'd want him to fail big time.

Gus is the root cause of this. He was a brand new coach and he encouraged an ego-mom to go over his bosses head. That is insubordination. He was a key to MM success. When they couldn't get it done on the field they started behind the back high school antics. Gus was demoted, mitch was run off and ego-mom was cancelled. Gus failed miserably as a coach here. He won games, won awards but never won the players or bosses respect on the field or in the locker room. MM failed greatly as a player and leader here. Neither gained acceptance by the players or the coaches. That's the reason he and MM are gone. They produced poor results in leadership, then challenged the system of a winning team and lost.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07