Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida RB Jeff Demps has Razorbacks in his top 4

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 25, 2007, 02:08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Jeff Demps is 5'10 180 with 4.35 speed from South Lake HS, Groveland Fl. I talked to Jeff during lunch. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: What are your offers?

Jeff: Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Kansas St., Arizona St., Wake Forest, Auburn, Ole Miss, FIU and UCF.

TRG: Who offered first?

Jeff: Virginia Tech offered me first.

TRG: What about Arkansas?

Jeff: They offered me a couple of weeks ago.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Jeff: Coach Vaughn. He's a pretty nice guy and down to earth. He seems like he's funny guy to be around.

TRG: How often does Coach Vaughn contact you?

Jeff: He texts me a lot. He texts me about 2 times a day. He texts me the most.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Jeff: Florida. They send me a lot of mail.

TRG: Do you have a list of your top schools?

Jeff: Yes. I have a top four. Florida, Tennessee, Florida St. and Arkansas.

TRG: What were your stats this past season?

Jeff: I had 170 carries for 1761 yards and 21 TDs.

TRG: You excel in track. What are your best times?

Jeff: I had a 10.32 at the Florida Relays but they said that was wind aided. I ran 10.34 last weekend at the regional and a 21.2 in the 200 last weekend

TRG: Have you visited any schools?

Jeff: I've been to 2 Florida games and I've been to their Orange and Blue game.

TRG: Do you plan to visit any schools this summer?

Jeff: I doubt it.

TRG: When do plan to take your official visits?

Jeff: I'll probably take some visits during the season and after the season.

TRG: When do you plan to make an decision?

Jeff: Probably in January.

It's early but Jeff told me he definitely plans to take an official visit to Arkansas. He also hopes to run track and play football in college. He's very aware of Arkansas' track program. I'll stay in touch with Jeff.

bd93

jhudson84

From this and what else I have read sounds like he really likes Florida, the pitch will be Natl. Championship vs Heisman

U.P. HOGG

Our track program could be the difference here.  Right now it sounds like he is in for Florida at this point.

Since 1894

"Jeff: He texts me a lot. He texts me about 2 times a day. He texts me the most."

That's a good sign, as long as it is legal.

Thanks "double R"
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

wooly

I think whatever Vaughn's coaching abilities are will be overshadowed in his recruiting effort.

The Recruiting Guy

I have no doubt Florida is his favorite right now but he has yet to see any other campus. Who knows what he'll think once he's been to other schools and see what they have to offer.

blueshog2001

Glad to see we are making our presence known in Florida. We can also push a national championship, and who knows we could get lucky in football also. ;)

HollywoodHawg

Not to be too negative here, but if any top notch recruit with a lot of options reads a majority of the posts on this site....Arkansas would be up Ish Creek.

PAHog

Sounds like Florida has the inside track.  McFadden is most likely leaving after this season with Jones perhaps following the season after.  That would leave him competing for time with only one other proven back--Smith.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Hollywood_HOGan45

that kid will probably not leave the state of florida if i had to guess

HogNuttz

Quote from: bd93 on April 25, 2007, 02:22:26 pm
Good, hopefully we can get him.

It sounds like we are 4th on his list and at best second.  We only take kids that want to be Hogs, not Gators and then Hogs.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

jhudson84

Quote from: PAHog on April 25, 2007, 04:13:41 pm
Sounds like Florida has the inside track.  McFadden is most likely leaving after this season with Jones perhaps following the season after.  That would leave him competing for time with only one other proven back--Smith.

One other proven back as of this time, Barnett, Harris, Franklin, and whoever we bring in..(curtis, johnson) are all going to studs.  We run the ball and thats why these guys are here.  They are all great players.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 25, 2007, 02:23:42 pm
From this and what else I have read sounds like he really likes Florida, the pitch will be Natl. Championship vs Heisman

Florida lost a ton of talent this past season....
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 25, 2007, 04:16:08 pm
that kid will probably not leave the state of florida if i had to guess

Its easy to make the Florida games he referred to because his High School (30 Minutes West of Orlando, FL)  is about 88 Miles (A little over a hour's drive) from the University of Florida campus.  Its not like he went well out of his way to get their.   The Gators have yet to offer him a full ride yet has already offered 10 other RB's (according to the recruits) in the 08' Class.  For whatever reason whether it be the signing of   Chris Rainey #5 RB & Bo Williams #19 RB in the 07' Class or the fact that they redshirted 2 top RB's in the 06' season they are not making Mr. Demps a high priority.

Arkansas is expecting a commitment from De'Anthony Curtis in the next few weeks while still in hot persuit of  LaMichael James, Chris Adkins (Jenks, OK) for the 08' Class.   Keep in mind we just got Brandon Barnett & Michael Harris in the fold.  Also Felix Jones will be a Junior this season. So its not like we are hurting at that position.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

501Ben

Stewie don't forget about Carlton Thomas, if we somehow land him we are set at RB for next few years. His film is amazing.

Proud Hog

Sounds like a great player but going against Florida,Tennessee,and Florida St will be very difficult.Maybe our track program will make the difference.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 501Ben on April 25, 2007, 04:42:34 pm
Stewie don't forget about Carlton Thomas, if we somehow land him we are set at RB for next few years. His film is amazing.

Good Point I knew I was forgetting someone...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BigPapaHawg

Sounds like he is Florida's to lose, but sure hope we can get him.
WOO PIG

LowDownDirty

I'm just glad we have Vaughn recruiting him!  He seems to relate to the players better that most of our recruiters! 

rljjr

Get Johnny Mc on the track recruiting trail. We need sprinters to compliment our awesome team! WPS!

IcEwalker

i guarantee if we get this guy, he will win a national championship here at arkansas. mark my words...

(in track at least)

PrescottHog

I was just wondering where does rivals get there info., because i coach LaMichael James at Liberty Eylau and Tulsa nor Nebraska have contacted him but we are high up on his board bc me and some coaches here are trying to influence him, he went down to Houston two weeks ago and liked it

Shocktheman

Quote from: Proud Hog on April 25, 2007, 05:09:48 pm
Sounds like a great player but going against Florida,Tennessee,and Florida St will be very difficult.Maybe our track program will make the difference.

A NC is nearly guaranteed so long as John McDonnel is the boss!  Come on over Jeff, help the Hogs win a NC in track and football! 

PigWig

Its about time we start recruiting some more dual sport athletes. Our track program should be a big draw for him and similar players.

jhudson84

Quote from: PrescottHog on April 25, 2007, 11:20:56 pm
I was just wondering where does rivals get there info., because i coach LaMichael James at Liberty Eylau and Tulsa nor Nebraska have contacted him but we are high up on his board bc me and some coaches here are trying to influence him, he went down to Houston two weeks ago and liked it

are you an assist. or the head coach?