Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition Arkansas/LSU in Fayetteville not Little Rock

Started by tigerLSU, April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

Quote from: NinoHog on April 24, 2007, 04:26:06 pm
Quote from: humphrey on April 24, 2007, 04:21:21 pm
Quote from: NinoHog on April 24, 2007, 04:18:26 pm
Go ahead and do it. Burn the bridges you have with the coaches in Central Ar.....

I really thought the name was The University of Arkansas.......  Not University of Northwest Arkansas.....  But They would lose some big Time Boosters... Really Big...

You're absolutely right, it IS the University of Arkansas.  If you want to see a game, you can drive to the campus and watch one.  If you don't want to drive to the campus, you can watch the game on TV, listen to it on the radio, catch the updates on Hogville, or do something else.

But, you are still correct.  This is the University of ARKANSAS, not the university of LR and the university of your front lawn. 

Heck I have to watch the games on TV anyway.... I am gettin married got a new car and a new place...I am BROKE!!!!!!!!!!  But still you say move it now but remember that when the Next DMac,MH, or JA leaves the state. When every school in Central Ar maybe even further Turns into Warren...

I'm not sure that that sentence even makes sense.  But, anyhow, we wouldn't be having this recruiting issue if we had a coaching staff who were effective recruiters.  The University of Michigan draws fans from all parts of Michigan, including those in the Upper Peninsula, which is 500 miles from Ann Arbor!!!  They get recruits from all over the state, plus guys from Texarkana and farther!  I don't hear anyone suggesting that they play in Ludington, do you?

If our coaching staff effectively recruits, then we will have the players, expecially when we get rid of that dump in LR.  If they choose to leave the state, we need to get a coach who can effectively recruit.  A number of good players have left because they don't want to have to play in that dump in LR.

JAHOGS

Who do i sound like?

"I for one will stop going to the games and take all of my money out of the program" if they quit playing the LSU/Arkansas game in Little Rock!!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Go ahead and do it. Burn the bridges you have with the coaches in Central Ar.....

I really thought the name was The University of Arkansas.......  Not University of Northwest Arkansas.....  But They would lose some big Time Boosters... Really Big...

Plus Uca will pass U of NWA in numbers student wise... And Then U of NWA will be like ATM...

Only if UCA hires HDN. :-*
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

The Marmot

Quote from: JAHOGS on April 24, 2007, 04:35:18 pm
Who do i sound like?

"I for one will stop going to the games and take all of my money out of the program" if they quit playing the LSU/Arkansas game in Little Rock!!!

So now we have WMS Huggers and WMS Darksiders?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The_Champ

Quote from: razorhead94 on April 24, 2007, 12:03:48 pm
Quote from: tigerLSU on April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

disagree the pre-game atmosphere at little rock is amazing

Thank YOU! Little Rock is to Arkansas like Bear Bryant is to Alabama

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

The_Champ

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 24, 2007, 04:39:56 pm

Plus Uca will pass U of NWA in numbers student wise... And Then U of NWA will be like ATM...

Only if UCA hires HDN. :-*
Hey Hey Hey
We got our coach we don;t need a new one! Go CC

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Little E

Quote from: PiggyBack on April 24, 2007, 12:05:12 pm
Agree.

It's RETARDED to play home games away from campus.

(Don't give me the Red River Shootout as an example.)

Agree.  All the home games should be in NWA. 

JAHOGS

Quote from: Little E on April 24, 2007, 04:41:23 pm
Agree.

Are you guys the same ones that are saying that i will not attend a game this year cause of who we got as coach? But then you want every game in NWA?

Little E

Quote from: The_Champ on April 24, 2007, 04:40:03 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

Little Rock is to Arkansas like Bear Bryant is to Alabama

Whoa there Tiger...not quite.  Little Rock is sort of a dump.  That's like saying Memphis is the greatest city in Tennessee!

Little E

Quote from: JAHOGS on April 24, 2007, 04:42:28 pm
Quote from: Little E on April 24, 2007, 04:41:23 pm
Agree.

Are you guys the same ones that are saying that i will not attend a game this year cause of who we got as coach? But then you want every game in NWA?

Yeah, so what's your point?  There's LR people saying they aren't buying tickets too... 

The Marmot

Quote from: The_Champ on April 24, 2007, 04:40:03 pm

agree or disagree

Thank YOU! Little Rock is to Arkansas like Bear Bryant is to Alabama

That makes no sense whatsoever...
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

We will trade you HC for HC.

Do we go to games for pre game hype or to watch the Hogs.  RRS holds more true fans than WMS holds party goers.

GO GREEN!

Nutts and Bolts

Agree, bring all game to Fayetteville.. And can ya bring us a new coach too?
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Little E

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on April 24, 2007, 04:45:33 pm
Agree, bring all game to Fayetteville.. And can ya bring us a new coach too?

AMEN!  And I'm not even religious.

hogfan2286

It is worth keeping games in LR for recruiting alone, the amount of quality kids we have gotten out of Central Arkansas over the years is unbelievable. Part of the reason those kids go to UA is because their friends and families have an opportunity to see them play.

Q- Where is Darren's favorite place to play?
A- Little Rock

JAHOGS

April 24, 2007, 04:53:48 pm #116 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:58:04 pm by JAHOGS
It's so funny that you guys want all the games in Fayetteville put then turn around and say im not going to any of the games. Why does it matter, where the game is PLAYED?
It kinda sounds like 3-5 year olds. I don't want it, ......now I do cause they want it, .......now I don't.

Torqued pork

April 24, 2007, 04:56:33 pm #117 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:58:57 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 04:50:00 pm
It is worth keeping games in LR for recruiting alone, the amount of quality kids we have gotten out of Central Arkansas over the years is unbelievable. Part of the reason those kids go to UA is because their friends and families have an opportunity to see them play.

A- Little Rock

As long as the Hogs recieve most of the media attention in central Arkansas they will have a built-in advantage when it comes to recruiting central Arkansas.

Agree.

If you've ever attended one of these games, I think you can see its a home atmosphere for the Hogs.

Quote from: humphrey on April 24, 2007, 04:11:00 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 24, 2007, 12:16:56 pm
Completely 100% disagree.  If don't think central Arkansas  deserves the LSU game, then you don't know your Razorback history.

I do know Razorback history and I'm sick of it.  I want the losing to STOP!!!  Once we dump the traditional Razorback losing ways, we can finally make an attempt at the elite program we have always wanted.
Arkansas has a better record in LR than in Fayetteville. So what is your point?

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 04:56:33 pm

A- Little Rock

As long as the Hogs recieve most of the media attention in central Arkansas they will have a built-in advantage when it comes to recruiting central Arkansas.

That is true, but if we eventually pull every game out of Little Rock we run the risk of UCA, ASU, or UALR building a formidable program. If we keep a game in LR, there is no chance any of those schools would be able to steal recruits from us.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 24, 2007, 12:20:59 pm
Bi-polar Answer:

Agree:

1.  This is a spotlight game, and starting to become a holiday tradition for CBS.  It should be played in a show place.

2.  If we ever win on a consistent basis this game could regularly decide SEC West, so it should be played on campus.

Disagree:

1.  Since the game is played on Thanksgiving weekend the atmosphere and crowd in NWA would not be as good as a typical game.  Many people from NWA spend their holiday in Central Arkansas or elsewhere.

2.  Central Arkansas have already lost most of the games played in LR.  They get one rent a win and one conference game a year.  On off years their conference game is MSU so come on let them have the battle of the boot.
Quote from: spehog on April 24, 2007, 01:37:39 pm
most students love the LR games. The atmosphere there is great. Also the LSU game is during Thanksgiving when no students are on campus. Makes sense to move the game to where most the people will be. Students love LR games.

Woo Pig.

The point both of you make about the timing of the game and the location of most fans during that weekend is a huge factor imo.  Most of my friends on campus are in the central part of the state for Thanksgiving.  I'd rather have it up here so I could go, but I can understand having it in LR.

Trashed Hog

doesn't matter......still gonna smell like corn dogs wherever we play..........

prairiehogcompanion

The argument for continuing to play games in Little Rock has been superceded by conditions at War Memorial Stadium.

It is, indeed, a dump.

And at 55,000 or so capacity, it is way too small.

If after all these years of talking about it there isn't the collective will to expand and upgrade War Memorial--and obviously there isn't--then it's time to say thanks for the memories and play all the games in Fayetteville.

It makes no sense to sacrifice millions in revenue for every game played in Little Rock.

(Then again, it also makes no sense to insult the customer, as the UofA does, by scheduling the likes of Chattanooga, Troy, Florida International, Southeast Missouri, Missouri State, North Texas and Louisiana Monroe as glorified scrimmages masquarading as football games.)

Obviously, a lot needs to be remedied when the new athletic director arrives. Let's hope he/she is up to the task.

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 05:02:45 pm

A- Little Rock

That is true, but if we eventually pull every game out of Little Rock we run the risk of UCA, ASU, or UALR building a formidable program. If we keep a game in LR, there is no chance any of those schools would be able to steal recruits from us.
If any recruit would rather be a Bear,Indian or Trojan then we don't need theb/c chances are they aren't SEC material anyway. The "what ifs" you people come up with are mindnumbing.

probiotic

Quote from: Karma on April 24, 2007, 05:02:44 pm
Quote from: humphrey on April 24, 2007, 04:11:00 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 24, 2007, 12:16:56 pm
Completely 100% disagree.  If don't think central Arkansas  deserves the LSU game, then you don't know your Razorback history.

I do know Razorback history and I'm sick of it.  I want the losing to STOP!!!  Once we dump the traditional Razorback losing ways, we can finally make an attempt at the elite program we have always wanted.
Arkansas has a better record in LR than in Fayetteville. So what is your point?
they also play cupcakes 75% of the time in LR.

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 05:13:20 pm

A- Little Rock

If any recruit would rather be a Bear,Indian or Trojan then we don't need theb/c chances are they aren't SEC material anyway. The "what ifs" you people come up with are mindnumbing.

All any of those programs would have to do is get to the level of Memphis and they would be a thorn in our side forever. That is why I'm so against playing ASU, we don't gain anything from playing them and they have everything to gain from playing us.

RhodeHog

DEVIL DOG HOG

April 24, 2007, 05:24:08 pm #128 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:50:51 am by DEVIL DOG HOG
All good recuites go out of state anyway.

GO GREEN!

BassinHawg

I think that they have already started plans to move all SEC games to Fayetteville.

The LSU game date would be moved so it would not be on Thanksgiving weekend.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

DEVIL DOG HOG

April 24, 2007, 05:27:16 pm #130 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:51:23 am by DEVIL DOG HOG
What is DMAC going to do next year when he turns pro, there are no pro teams in little rock.

GO GREEN!

probiotic

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 24, 2007, 05:27:16 pm
What id DMAC going to do next year when he turns pro, there are no pro teams in little rock.
according to hogfan2286, whatever NFL team ends up with D-MAC needs to have a game in LR to keep him happy.

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 05:16:49 pm

A- Little Rock

All any of those programs would have to do is get to the level of Memphis and they would be a thorn in our side forever. That is why I'm so against playing ASU, we don't gain anything from playing them and they have everything to gain from playing us.
So the sensible thing to do is to continue to lose valuable recruiting weekends and millions of dollars to ensure UCA,ASU and UALR stay down?  Living in fear sure is expensive.

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 05:32:34 pm

A- Little Rock

So the sensible thing to do is to continue to lose valuable recruiting weekends and millions of dollars to ensure UCA,ASU and UALR stay down?  Living in fear sure is expensive.

The benefits of keeping one game in LR are worth the amount of money we lose.

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 05:35:34 pm

A- Little Rock

That's why playing home games off-campus is the norm across the country. I get it now.

CheeZ_PuFF

agree or disagree

yeah amazing at how many drunk retards i see for such a small stadium. Move it to Fayettevile

gkimrey

Like LR games just like they are. We live in deep south Arkansas. We are Razorback fans too.
\"if you would not be forgotten, before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing\".  Benjamin Franklin

Torqued pork

Quote from: gkimrey on April 24, 2007, 05:48:14 pm
Like LR games just like they are. We live in deep south Arkansas. We are Razorback fans too.
I have traveled through deep south Arkansas and know for a fact automobiles exist there.

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 05:39:11 pm

A- Little Rock

That's why playing home games off-campus is the norm across the country. I get it now.

No one else in the country has the statewide fan base that we enjoy. The situation at Arkansas is not comparable to other programs, our program is unique and that is one of the things that is great about it.

RhodeHog

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 06:03:25 pm

No one else in the country has the statewide fan base that we enjoy. The situation at Arkansas is not comparable to other programs, our program is unique and that is one of the things that is great about it.

Really?  Georgia and Tennessee don't have statewide fan support?  Weak argument IMO.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 05:39:11 pm

A- Little Rock

yawn

hogfan2286

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 24, 2007, 06:06:15 pm

Really?  Georgia and Tennessee don't have statewide fan support?  Weak argument IMO.

In Georgia you have Georgia Tech which is a huge instate rival and you also have Georgia Southern which is a beast of a DII school. Tennessee has Memphis and Vandy. If there was a Memphis or Vandy in Arkansas we would suffer greatly. One game in LR a year helps more than it hurts.

Torqued pork

Quote from: probiotic on April 24, 2007, 05:30:32 pm
What id DMAC going to do next year when he turns pro, there are no pro teams in little rock.
according to hogfan2286, whatever NFL team ends up with D-MAC needs to have a game in LR to keep him happy.
In order to keep his 501 tats relevant, DMAC will forego a career in the NFL and play for the Twisters. ;D

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 06:15:57 pm
In order to keep his 501 tats relevant, DMAC will forego a career in the NFL and play for the Twisters. ;D

haha. I was just using the fact that DMAC loves to play in LR as an example of how playing in WMS can be beneficial when recruiting kids from different areas of the state.

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 06:21:15 pm

haha. I was just using the fact that DMAC loves to play in LR as an example of how playing in WMS can be beneficial when recruiting kids from different areas of the state.
I simply believe that the coaching staff and the amount of on-field success have more of an effect than if a recruit can see the stadium lights from his back porch.

hogfan2286

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 06:37:01 pm
Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 06:21:15 pm

I simply believe that the coaching staff and the amount of on-field success have more of an effect than if a recruit can see the stadium lights from his back porch.

I agree but keeping one game in LR even if it is non-conference would be very helpful for our recruiting around the state, and it would keep a tradition loved by a great deal of razorback fans alive.

jkstock04

I agree.  To me a "at home" game means you actually play on the actual university campus where the brand new mulitmillion dollar football facility actually is.  Playing any games in Little Rock deserves the "heres your sign" award.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: sowsbury steak on April 24, 2007, 12:32:21 pm
I say this....ask every Razorback coach and player if they would rather play the game at WMS or RRS.  Majority rules...and I think we all know where the game would be played based on this.

I have spoken to many players and the majority of them agree that games in little rock are more fun.  The fans are more into the games b/c a lot of the ones there only get to go to 2 games a year.  A lot of my friends back around little rock don't have the money to come up here to 7 or 8 games a year with the $200 a night hotels.  Hell they get 1 good game every 2 years.  Tell you what trade LR the LSU game for the Texass game here in a few years.  I'm sure they'd agree to that!

gatecrasher

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 24, 2007, 05:59:34 pm
Quote from: gkimrey on April 24, 2007, 05:48:14 pm
I have traveled through deep south Arkansas and know for a fact automobiles exist there.
I guess you haven't noticed the price of gas lately, have you?