Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition Arkansas/LSU in Fayetteville not Little Rock

Started by tigerLSU, April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerLSU

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

razorhead94

Quote from: tigerLSU on April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

disagree the pre-game atmosphere at little rock is amazing
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

PAHog

Nice idea, but it will never happen.  This is the bone the athletic department throws to the LR alumni.  Some also argue that it makes it easier for LSU folk to travel by cutting out 3 hours of driving.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

PiggyBack

Agree.

It's RETARDED to play home games away from campus.

(Don't give me the Red River Shootout as an example.)
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

3kgthog

I say screw LSU and their travel plans. They don't move the game to Shreveport to cut down on our driving.

Little Rock's magic is dead. It got killed when LSU murdered us in Matt Jones's last game. We can no longer beat them anywhere so we might as well move it to Fayetteville and rake in the extra revenue.

Wu Tang Clan

agree or disagree

This game needs to stay in the Rock.  The game atmoshphere in Little Rock is unbelievable.  Little Rock deserves to have this game.  

Wu Tang Clan

agree or disagree

If it is a dump then people from Louisiana should be right at home. 

007 License To Squeal

Completely 100% disagree.  If don't think central Arkansas  deserves the LSU game, then you don't know your Razorback history.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BartIV

I hate to see a long tradition like the Hog games in Little Rock lost, but I think its eventually going to happen.  Once they added on to Reynolds, that was the beginning of the end for the games in Little Rock.

Anyone know how long the Razorbacks have played football in Little Rock???

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 24, 2007, 12:16:47 pm

agree or disagree

If it is a dump then people from Louisiana should be right at home. 
+1  That is pretty funny

TheRazorbackGuy

There is enough money in Northwest Arkansas now to not make games be played in Little Rock... NWA is growing and the Small Rock booster doesn't matter.... and yes War Memorial Stadium is a dump just like Jason Isringhausen's closing games (a dump)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Bi-polar Answer:

Agree:

1.  This is a spotlight game, and starting to become a holiday tradition for CBS.  It should be played in a show place.

2.  If we ever win on a consistent basis this game could regularly decide SEC West, so it should be played on campus.

Disagree:

1.  Since the game is played on Thanksgiving weekend the atmosphere and crowd in NWA would not be as good as a typical game.  Many people from NWA spend their holiday in Central Arkansas or elsewhere.

2.  Central Arkansas have already lost most of the games played in LR.  They get one rent a win and one conference game a year.  On off years their conference game is MSU so come on let them have the battle of the boot.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

darkhogfan

Yeah let's make sure we start making the visitors feel more at home.  Whatever.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

Mark Martin Fan

Anybody think about renovating War Memorial so it could hold 60,000 in a nice facility?  If LR wants the games so bad, why not provide a nice place to play/attend games?

BTW, I live in Pulaski County, so I like the convenience of the LR games, but the place is a dump. 

Either place, I will root for the Hogs!!!!
Hog Fan for Life!!!!

hogsanity

agree or disagree

Everyone think LR is great because they can get drunk much closer to the stadium.  Never mind that it s a much smaller stadium, or that the "home" team has to pay rent, and has about 2mil per in lost revenue playing there, or that recruits can not take official visits there, or that it is 200 mles from campus. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 24, 2007, 12:16:56 pm
Completely 100% disagree.  If don't think central Arkansas  deserves the LSU game, then you don't know your Razorback history.

If it didn't occur before 1990's I don't care.

Mr. Hog

If the Razorbacks are going to get support from Cental Arkansas they should play there every once in awhile, save your time and save your words, you can't change this period !
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

agree or disagree

agree

but it will never ever happen.

The little rock people would crap a squirrel if that happened.

Plus we'll never beat LSU with the current coaching staff anyway.

PiggyBack

Are there any other major universities that play their home games away from home?

(Again, don't cite the Red River Shootout)
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

darkhogfan

Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on April 24, 2007, 12:21:03 pm
Anybody think about renovating War Memorial so it could hold 60,000 in a nice facility?  If LR wants the games so bad, why not provide a nice place to play/attend games?

BTW, I live in Pulaski County, so I like the convenience of the LR games, but the place is a dump. 

Either place, I will root for the Hogs!!!!

I agree with this.  Renovate the stadium.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

The Marmot

agree or disagree

Agree. All home games should be in Fayetteville.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DeltaBoy

April 24, 2007, 12:26:40 pm #21 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:31:20 pm by DeltaBoy

agree or disagree

Politics will keep LSU and UA in LR for a long time to come.

I would like to LR step up like Dallas did for the Cotton Bowl.  LR is a day trip and The Hill an overniter.   I love the RED RIVER SHOOTOUT !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

UAfan

I'm on the fence on this one.  LR fans will never disappoint, but with the stadium we've got in   Fayetteville its hard to keep it from there.  Cutting down on home games in Fville kinda sucks too.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I disagree because I think playing a huge game like LSU in Central Arkansas is very important for keeping the fan base united behind one state school.  I live in Fayetteville now, but I use to live in Malvern, and going to the (use to be three) Little Rock games per year was just awesome and is what fired me up about the Hogs.  I think it's pivotal to keep the state firmly behind the university up in the far corner of the state.  If the Hogs move out of Little Rock, you can bet that A-State and UCA would be clammoring at the chance to fill the void of D-I football for Central Arkansas.

The Marmot

Quote from: Mr. Hog on April 24, 2007, 12:22:51 pm
If the Razorbacks are going to get support from Cental Arkansas they should play there every once in awhile, save your time and save your words, you can't change this period !

Soooo, if the LR games were pulled, central Ark fans would not support the Hogs any longer?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

BartIV

Anyone agree with just keeping the LSU "Boot" game in Little Rock, but making that the only game. I could live with that.

Wes Craven

Quote from: razorhead94 on April 24, 2007, 12:03:48 pm
disagree the pre-game atmosphere at little rock is amazing

Well based on that line of thinking we need to play Kentucky at Barnhill. The atmosphere would be incredible and much louder than Bud Walton.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: heater on April 24, 2007, 12:29:18 pm

Soooo, if the LR games were pulled, central Ark fans would not support the Hogs any longer?

It certainly wouldn't help.

sowsbury steak

I say this....ask every Razorback coach and player if they would rather play the game at WMS or RRS.  Majority rules...and I think we all know where the game would be played based on this.

BartIV

Dwight_K_Shrute

Why don't we just try to convince the central Arkansans that our new big rival is ULM.  We could even make up a trophy or award.  Call it  "The battle for the golden dip cup"  Really play it up and even pay ESPN 8 to pick up the game.   Tell them this will be the game of the year and if they turn out to support it consistently that Gameday might even come.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: heater on April 24, 2007, 12:29:18 pm

Yep the State Government threathen to freeze UA State funds last time Frank opened this can of wprms.  Plus I will watch it on TV before I spend the money to drive 3 1/2 hours to the Hill + a nite in the Holtel when I can drive an Hour each way and sleep in my own bed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Newport Hog

here the thang, I would agree with putting it in LR, but that stadium is on its last leg wtih me.  Expand the stadium instead of building a new ball park for Min league baseball. 70,000 seats nothing less.  If not put it in Fayetteville.  It sux that game always has 10,000 LSU fans there, that like a 1/4 of the crowd.  As for the Little Rock magic goes, I always loves the Fayetteville magic better cool people and not soo many LSU fans would go.

Shocktheman

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on April 24, 2007, 12:27:13 pm
If the Hogs move out of Little Rock, you can bet that A-State and UCA would be clammoring at the chance to fill the void of D-I football for Central Arkansas.

I am all for keeping the LSU game in LR!

As for ASU, they should move a few games every season to LR to help with their own recruiting.  ASU/UCA matchup at War Memorial would be a nice game.

IMO, Ultimately WMS will die due to lack of funds.  The U of A shouldn't be responsible for the remodeling.  LR and Central Arkansas will have to come up with some major funds to remodel, I am not sure that the taxpayers will ever be willing to foot the bill just to watch one or two ballgames per season. 

The question was asked a few posts ago, "Are there any other major universities that play their home games away from home?"  My answer, I don't know.  But your ? begs another. . .why does that matter?  We don't have to conform just because that is the way everybody else does it!  Individuality is nice every now and then.  It is not so nice when your the only program that could be an off season soap opera, but it is nice to be known for tradition, loyalty, and respect to the whole state of Arkansas.  Otherwise, we should just call it the Northwest Arkansas University.

With regards to TigerLSU, if you think LR is a dump, you should take a look around Baton Rouge and reconsider what you call a dump!

Sorry for the diarrhea of the keyboard!  Im done now.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

arkjay19

Some fans might like it, but only the players from Little Rock like it.  It's a hassle for the team, the band, and the cheerleaders.  The university loses tons of money every time they play in Little Rock instead of Fayetteville. 

I'm tired of seeing this team lose at War Memorial.  I'd like to see what they can do at RRS which has developed a nice home-field advantage.

JAHOGS

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 24, 2007, 12:14:36 pm
I say screw LSU and their travel plans. They don't move the game to Shreveport to cut down on our driving.

Little Rock's magic is dead. It got killed when LSU murdered us in Matt Jones's last game. We can no longer beat them anywhere so we might as well move it to Fayetteville and rake in the extra revenue.
yeah that same revenue that folks say they are not attending any games any more.

spehog

most students love the LR games. The atmosphere there is great. Also the LSU game is during Thanksgiving when no students are on campus. Makes sense to move the game to where most the people will be. Students love LR games.

Woo Pig.
Woo Pig.

probiotic

i live in little rock and i'd rather all the games were in fayetteville.

HogISH™

i think it makes sense to play in little rock and loose millions per game.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

The Hog Blogger

hogfan2286

I think keeping a couple games in LR is essential to maintaining the statewide support of the team.

OTTER

I love playing in The Rock.  I saw my 1st game there in 1958 when you were expected to wear your Sunday best!(tie and all).  I'm not sure how many years remain on the current contract with WMS, but I have a feeling that this contract may be the last and when it expires you better be ready to head to the Hill.  It will truly be a sad day, as the atmosphere in Little Rock is far superior to Fayetteville although Fayetteville has improved.  It boils down to money and recruiting and common since says all games should be on the Hill.  The heart says--stay in The Rock.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

joeyself

Quote from: spehog on April 24, 2007, 01:37:39 pm
most students love the LR games. The atmosphere there is great. Also the LSU game is during Thanksgiving when no students are on campus. Makes sense to move the game to where most the people will be. Students love LR games.

Woo Pig.

This is the most (and probably only) compelling reason to keep the game in Little Rock.  The Fayetteville campus is pretty much vacant during that weekend, and I suspect the police and other security folks appreciate having that long weekend without the game there.

JcS (who frankly doesn't care so long as it is still on TV)
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

IMAballHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on April 24, 2007, 12:21:14 pm

agree or disagree

Everyone think LR is great because they can get drunk much closer to the stadium.  Never mind that it s a much smaller stadium, or that the "home" team has to pay rent, and has about 2mil per in lost revenue playing there, or that recruits can not take official visits there, or that it is 200 mles from campus. 

Couldnt we just play the game in NWA and use the extra revenue generated to hire a better coach?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

zebra

Quote from: joeyself on April 24, 2007, 01:44:44 pm
Quote from: spehog on April 24, 2007, 01:37:39 pm

Woo Pig.

This is the most (and probably only) compelling reason to keep the game in Little Rock.  The Fayetteville campus is pretty much vacant during that weekend, and I suspect the police and other security folks appreciate having that long weekend without the game there.

JcS (who frankly doesn't care so long as it is still on TV)

This is the reason, that the University cites most often when speaking of the game being played in LR, is that the students/staff are gone for the weekend.

pikehog

When is this dead horse going to end up in the dump.

This is a vent thread if I have ever seen one.

pikehog

Quote from: PiggyBack on April 24, 2007, 12:25:27 pm
Are there any other major universities that play their home games away from home?

(Again, don't cite the Red River Shootout)

And why should we not cite the Red River Shootout?