Auburn
Ole Miss
Arkansas & Bama Tied
Miss ST

Just so you know, Patrick Willis isnt playing for Ole Miss anymore

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 01:13:02 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:15:22 pm
Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida. Naturally, this will mean Arkansas will retain the West Championship title, as Florida will the East Championship.

This game will go down to Teebow Vs. Dick. The winner will will play for the NC. Teebow will have the edge on running, while Dick will have the clear edge on passing.  I would predict at 35 -17 win with the edge going to the hogs. A possible 385 passing and 200+ rushing by D-Mac.

Sorry, but just had to share as this gives me goosebumps just thinking about it !

You lost me at Arkansas will win the West..
Let's see you lost 3 offensive lineman, your 2 best defensive players, your offensive coordinator, and 2 of your best offensive players transferred to USC...

Better get past Troy first..

Auburn lost 4 Offensive Linemen, but they are still getting picked as a contender for the west.

I have faith in Rocker and Herring (especially Rocker) in rebuilding our defense.

I could name 4 or 5 better offensive weapons than Mustain and Williams.

tiber

This is BigDeal's bizarre, twisted way of getting attention.  Find a passionate audience, and incite them with absolutely ridiculous, pathetic attempts at starting counter-point.

RhodeHog

joebut18

Quote from: HognNam on April 22, 2007, 09:08:37 am
See here's the deal...when you go to the darkside you cannot even debate/talk without being extreme about anything to do with the Football team and the University.
Give it a break and try to pull for the team.  The passing game will be better just cujse Hillis is back.  Casey had no Hillis and that was the biggest factor with the passing game last year.  Receivers are having a better spring cause they are learming something this spring.  If you have read you would know.  Gus failed in teaching the young receivers last spring.  Alex has taught them to get seperation from db's.
The offense will be awesome this year...but....I am concerned about the D.  Starters on D are really good but if we get hit with alot of injuries we will be left with havin to outscore other teams. 
I understand wanting Nutt gone but realize there is more to the football team then Nutt.  Hogs have a pretty darn good team this year and we need to enjoy unlike some did last year.  Possible Heisman winner....ENJOY...my gosh.

Very good post nHam.  I agree with the majority of your points about this upcoming season...I, for one, am very excited for the product we're going to put on field.

As for the darksiders, most of these guys don't have the smarts to debate on-field football topics.  They are programed (and probably paid) to communicate 1 thing....their hatred for HDN.  It's becoming quite funny to read their responses to legitimate football posts, everything they say is so predictable - they've actually saturated their point and what they say has become far less meaningful.  Keep it up boys, the negativity is back-firing on you!

kcabrozaR

They should make Bigdeal a "modulator" in the "Corporation"
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

gatecrasher

This team could either have a big year and get back to Atlanta...and win the SEC....
OR...they could go 7-5 and wind up in Shreveport or Nashville.

IF...and ONLY IF...the Hogs come up with a MUCH IMPROVED passing game to take some of the onus off of the RBs, and open up opportunities for play-action (with our running game we could have some big plays that way), then I really feel the Hogs can win the West again.  The offense needs some balance.  It will come down to two factors: whether one of the QBs steps up and some other receivers emerge to compliment Marcus Monk. 

On the other hand, another year with a passing ranking in the 100s will result in a slide back to also-ran...even with the Heisman front-runner, and a 7-5 season will mean NO Heisman for DMac.

LyonHog

Maybe not next year but the year after that Georgia and Florida will be solid at Qb with Tebow and Stafford.  I have not idea on younger Dick, hopefully i am shocked by his skills.

jkstock04

A possible 385 passing
Really, 385 yards passing against Florida??...thats an interesting hypothesis considering our Mickey Mouse passing game.  Good luck with that.  By the way, the title of your thread makes no sense to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

razorhog29

I like bama in the west john paker wilson is going to be awesome. And bama D is always solid. Only thing in question is there running game.

brooks74

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 22, 2007, 01:24:49 pm
Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida. Naturally, this will mean Arkansas will retain the West Championship title, as Florida will the East Championship.

This game will go down to Teebow Vs. Dick. The winner will will play for the NC. Teebow will have the edge on running, while Dick will have the clear edge on passing.  I would predict at 35 -17 win with the edge going to the hogs. A possible 385 passing and 200+ rushing by D-Mac.

Sorry, but just had to share as this gives me goosebumps just thinking about it !

Let's see you lost 3 offensive lineman, your 2 best defensive players, your offensive coordinator, and 2 of your best offensive players transferred to USC...

Auburn lost 4 Offensive Linemen, but they are still getting picked as a contender for the west.

I have faith in Rocker and Herring (especially Rocker) in rebuilding our defense.

Can you name a better QB on Arkansas roster than MM?  Other than Monk is there a better proven WR on Arkansas' roster than DW?  Sure, DMac, Jones, and Monk are better offensive weapons, but the point is we lost two very talented freshman that could have made a huge difference in our team this year, and that combined with losing our seniors is going to hurt our offense even if you are too blinded by your allegiance to Nutt to realize it.

BadHog

Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:29:10 pm
Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 11:24:05 pm
Alabama has a better chance of going than we do.

My heart sinks when our own fans are picking opposing teams to win. Don't give up. Let's start thinking like winners here .

Most of the posters that have contributed to this ridiculous thread are more clear-minded and more objective in their thinking -and possibly can break down each teams competitive advantages/disadvantages which inturn would lead to a prediction about the scenario of the SECCG that would actually have substance. Most astute posters do not start threads for the simple objective of getting opposing sides to argue insignificant points, which by the history of your threads, is exactly what you do.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

ttownhog

Next year it will come down to defense. Defense won games for us last year and we will need it next year too. Whether the the haters like it or not, if the defense steps up again next year, we WILL be better than last year. And bama was terrible last year. Just because they got a new coach and had a lot of people show up at their spring game doesn't mean they are gong to be good.

warchalker1

casey dick the edge in passing?  i think i just wet myself.

vol_in_ar

You might name 2, and that counts McFadden and Jones..
You might could throw Hillis in, if he stays healthy, and I don't know about Cleveland, if it's true he's moving to fullback.

I feel sorry for Cleveland and Williams, they could have gone to Florida and had a National Championship.

lazyj70

I sure hope you are right.  WPS!  WPS!  WPS!

ttownhog

Alabama plays Florida State and Houston next year out of conference. Florida State has been off but still will be good and Houston is the defending conf. USA champions, will probably win it again, and beat Oke State last year, who beat Alabama last year.

LSU plays Florida in early Oct (can't wait for that) but besides that they have a very favorable schedule to win the west.

Ole Miss's schedule is hell so just count them out alltogether.

Auburn: At Florida, at Arkansas, at LSU, at Georgia. Kansas State and South Florida are not cupcakes.

Honestly if Arkansas can beat Alabama Early they should ROLL until Tenn. Tuscaloosa will be HOSTILE but who knows what will happen with a new coach and a new offense. Alabama's skill positions are unproven and inconsistent although very flashy at times. Arkansas is mature, skilled, physical and has something to prove. Defense will be a key factor. No need to delve into the QB position,(see my avatar) but as a fan I am hoping for a miracle.

I can't help but get exited about next season. If Houston blows it of course I will be crushed and disappointed. I regret what has happend with the program lately and I can't help but think about "what could have been." But i am still optimistic for next season and I will go into every game hoping for, and expecting wins.  If that makes me a hugger to all of you, then fine, thats what you can call me.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 06:09:50 pm

You might name 2, and that counts McFadden and Jones..
You might could throw Hillis in, if he stays healthy, and I don't know about Cleveland, if it's true he's moving to fullback.

I feel sorry for Cleveland and Williams, they could have gone to Florida and had a National Championship.

McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk, and Smith. Maybe Crawford. I believe Dick had more passing yards per game than Mustain did.

lazyj70

See here's the deal...when you go to the darkside you cannot even debate/talk without being extreme about anything to do with the Football team and the University.
Give it a break and try to pull for the team.  The passing game will be better just cujse Hillis is back.  Casey had no Hillis and that was the biggest factor with the passing game last year.  Receivers are having a better spring cause they are learming something this spring.  If you have read you would know.  Gus failed in teaching the young receivers last spring.  Alex has taught them to get seperation from db's.
The offense will be awesome this year...but....I am concerned about the D.  Starters on D are really good but if we get hit with alot of injuries we will be left with havin to outscore other teams. 
I understand wanting Nutt gone but realize there is more to the football team then Nutt.  Hogs have a pretty darn good team this year and we need to enjoy unlike some did last year.  Possible Heisman winner....ENJOY...my gosh.

Amen!  I'll driink to that!

Hogs GoneWild

we won't be in the national championship! It's a nice thought and a great dream but it will never happen with HUNH as the coach. Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee on the road and Auburn at home. We should win the rest of our games, but at best we will split these 4 games maybe. I say at best we'll be 10-2 or 9-3. Either way LSU will have the tie breaker and play florida in the SEC championship. I' a hog fan, but I'm also realistic. Even if by some chance we make it to the SEC championship 11-1, Nutt will screw it up! History repeats itself.

HognNam

If our d stays healthy you never know.  O will be hard to stop. 

hogsmaster

It's not that unlikely that Arkansas has the potential to contend for the SEC and NC.  There are some question marks on defense and the passing game, but with Dmac, we may very well have the best player in college next year and maybe the best football player to ever played at Arkansas.

Passing does not have to be great, just consistent.  Monk is solid, but need another WR to step up.  Herring can make an average defense a good one. 

If compared to last year's team, this year team has better potential on paper.  Who would've guessed that we would be 10-1 with an outside shot at the NC title game before last season started.

hogifino

It will all depend on our defense.  It is more of a question than the quarterback.

imahoggie

if you wanted to have any credibility for this thread you should have made it about baseball. arkansas, usc, msu, and vandy all seem to have real shots at the college world series and the national championship. as for football, i dont think there will be any team undefeated or with one loss. i honestly dont see any team as being that far above any of the others this year.... and none of them will be in the bcs championship game.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

HeathWimp

BigDeal, you really perform a valuable service here on Hogville.  Your one-man plan to discredit the Huggers is really picking up steam.  I like to think of you as the mole from Resevoir Dogs - you are having to do some really unpleasant things now, but you will eventually bring the Huggers down from the inside.  Keep up the good work!
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

rtom

dont overlook the fact that the hogs could just as easily be a 6-6 team......tenn, lsu, aub, bama scar and an improving kentucky team...without a decent quarterback and we have none...we could easily lose those games

DukeOfPork

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 22, 2007, 03:22:42 pm
A possible 385 passing
Really, 385 yards passing against Florida??...thats an interesting hypothesis considering our Mickey Mouse passing game.  Good luck with that.  By the way, the title of your thread makes no sense to me.

Has Nutt EVER had 385 yards passing in any game since coming to Arkansas a decade ago?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: joebut18 on April 22, 2007, 01:30:10 pm

Very good post nHam.  I agree with the majority of your points about this upcoming season...I, for one, am very excited for the product we're going to put on field.

As for the darksiders, most of these guys don't have the smarts to debate on-field football topics.  They are programed (and probably paid) to communicate 1 thing....their hatred for HDN.  It's becoming quite funny to read their responses to legitimate football posts, everything they say is so predictable - they've actually saturated their point and what they say has become far less meaningful.  Keep it up boys, the negativity is back-firing on you!

I will be more than happy to debate you or anyone else here on football topics. Just to make it fair, we don't even have to discuss the hogs. 

And who would be paying the darksiders? I need to pick up my check. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

pwf3k2

The SEC-West is pretty loaded as always, but I can see us getting to the SECC, and I also think we have a good chance of beating Florida (I don't think they'll be there though). And keep up the optimism BigDeal, don't worry about the scum that think they are "fans".

RazorRaider

Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:29:10 pm

My heart sinks when our own fans are picking opposing teams to win. Don't give up. Let's start thinking like winners here .

My heart sinks every year that Nutt is still our coach. Because I know our chances of getting to the next level keep getting slimmer and slimmer.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

BCShogs

We have a better chance to win the West than Tenn does the East. The Vols are irrelevant these days.

hawgaramus

This is funny.  Every year people jump up and say that Alabama is going to be better than us and write that game off as a definite loss.  If you look at the record, we've beat them 3 out of the last 4 times we've played them.  I'm sorry, but until they start beating us on a regular basis, I'm going to ahve to say that we have a better chance of going than Bama.

sharks89

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on April 21, 2007, 11:24:49 pm
No way either team makes the BCS, much less the SEC championship game.  Florida WILL NOT win with a linebacker playin QB. 

Unless Chuck Norris or his son plays Linebacker.

Seriously, Tebow could have a pretty good season a la "poor man's Matt Jones".
Go Hogs!

PulledPork

I'm begging you......put some money where your mouth is concerning Arkansas in the SEC championship game!!

Pulled out...

gatecrasher

Quote from: ttownhog on April 22, 2007, 06:05:48 pm
Next year it will come down to defense. Defense won games for us last year and we will need it next year too. Whether the the haters like it or not, if the defense steps up again next year, we WILL be better than last year. And bama was terrible last year. Just because they got a new coach and had a lot of people show up at their spring game doesn't mean they are gong to be good.
I don't care how good the defense is...if we don't get some semblence of balance on the offensive side of the football you and I will be spending part of the holidays in Shreveport. 
That defense got shredded against LSU and Florida.  The front seven, I believe, will be OK.  It's the secondary I am concerned with. 

BigDeal

Quote from: PulledPork on April 23, 2007, 09:22:39 am

I'm begging you......put some money where your mouth is concerning Arkansas in the SEC championship game!!

Pulled out...

Unlike some fans, I"m truly hoping the hogs win A LOT of games this year. I know how many here would be just thrilled to have a 1 - 12 season.  There would probably be more excitement on this board than since Gus was hired.

combsj

If you get the first part right, and I hope you do, I'd love a rematch in the SECCG, Tebow is a better QB than Dick, both passing and running...you will see it in his stats this year.  We lost too much defensively to hold FL to 17 pts, and I think we will be lucky to surpass 200 yds a game next season, 385 is a little far fetched in my opinion.

bsking

Good post, i hope it turns out like that.  I love optimism, though it doesnt go over too well here.  I agree that tebow will be an achiles heel for the gators, he hasnt proven that he can throw.

BadHog

Quote from: bsking on April 23, 2007, 04:07:59 pm

Good post, i hope it turns out like that.  I love optimism, though it doesnt go over too well here.  I agree that tebow will be an achiles heel for the gators, he hasnt proven that he can throw.

Optimism goes over just fine 'on this board'.  Hallucinating, on the other hand, will not.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hawgaramus on April 23, 2007, 09:06:53 am

This is funny.  Every year people jump up and say that Alabama is going to be better than us and write that game off as a definite loss.  If you look at the record, we've beat them 3 out of the last 4 times we've played them.  I'm sorry, but until they start beating us on a regular basis, I'm going to ahve to say that we have a better chance of going than Bama.

Apparently you didn't get the memo about Bama hiring this guy named Nick Saban.  He's pretty good, you know.

DukeOfPork

Yeah, I'm excited too!!!

I think we'll go 12-0 this year and shut out the last 6 opponents!!!  We'll end up giving up only 17 points the whole season and we'll hammer Florida 42-3 in the SECCG with Casey Dick passing for 642 yards to set an SEC record!!!

Woo Pig Soooooie!!!!

BigDeal

After spending a couple of months on here, I'm truly convinced a large percentage of people on this board has some sort of mental disorder. Having said that, I'll just try to promote optimism on this board.  They need a little sunshine in an otherwise dreary life.

rcowen

:puke:

WMHawgfan

385 yards passing? Those are Dick's season stats right? You are not saying he will get that in one game, especially against Florida.