Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The National Championship Game Will be an SEC Team This Year

Started by BigDeal, April 21, 2007, 11:15:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDeal

Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida. Naturally, this will mean Arkansas will retain the West Championship title, as Florida will the East Championship.

This game will go down to Teebow Vs. Dick. The winner will will play for the NC. Teebow will have the edge on running, while Dick will have the clear edge on passing.  I would predict at 35 -17 win with the edge going to the hogs. A possible 385 passing and 200+ rushing by D-Mac.

Sorry, but just had to share as this gives me goosebumps just thinking about it !

jfb4ever

Where did this come from ?  We all need a good Joke !

BigDeal

Quote from: jfb4ever on April 21, 2007, 11:16:43 pm
                   Where did this come from ?  We all need a good Joke !

Just trying to divert the attention where it should be : Football.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:15:22 pm
Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida. Naturally, this will mean Arkansas will retain the West Championship title, as Florida will the East Championship.

This game will go down to Teebow Vs. Dick. The winner will will play for the NC. Teebow will have the edge on running, while Dick will have the clear edge on passing.  I would predict at 35 -17 win with the edge going to the hogs. A possible 385 passing and 200+ rushing by D-Mac.

Sorry, but just had to share as this gives me goosebumps just thinking about it !

I have got to find out where you get your weed. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Porkahontas

Dick will have the clear edge passing?

Did you see the LSU game last year? For that matter, did you see the Florida or Wisconsin game?

Any chance we had at making the national title game is on the next plane to Los Angeles. Had Mitch been given the season to get seasoned and the offense was kept basic enough for him to grow with the offense (look, I'm stating here for everyone to read that the offense should've been kept safer for him than the hurry up), he'd have the benefit of spring practice and would be ready to contribute in a big way in the passing game for '07.

Instead, we're stuck with a walk-on who came out of spring practice practically as the 1A QB because Dick only looked average or better against the second team defense.

The Recruiting Guy

Debate the reasons why it will or won't happen. Quit the other stuff.

DukeOfPork

Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida.

Link me up with those other "professionals".

Professional drug dealers?  Professional glue sniffers?  Professional Drivetime Sports hosts?

Hey, I think we will win 8 games, but I don't see us going to Atlanta this year.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 21, 2007, 11:20:26 pm

How do you even debate this stuff?  It would be like debating Barney on whether or not, "we're a happy family". 

For someone to even state that Dick has a clear edge in passing over Tim Tebow is ludicrous. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 21, 2007, 11:18:37 pmI have got to find out where you get your weed. 

No doubt.  I have never tried drugs in my entire life, but I just might take a hit of the stuff that guy is on. 

Silver Hog

coach, my back hurts

No way either team makes the BCS, much less the SEC championship game.  Florida WILL NOT win with a linebacker playin QB.  I dont look for any SEC team to be playin for the BCSChamp Game.  I think it will be a rematch of last yrs RoseBowl.  USC/Mich.  Watch out for WVU though.  An easy enough schedule could help them out considering they are already a top10 team.

I think the Champ will be either USC, Mich, Texas.  Maybe WVU.

I look for Georgia and LSU to be playin in the SECC.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 21, 2007, 11:23:12 pm

How do you even debate this stuff?  It would be like debating Barney on whether or not, "we're a happy family". 

For someone to even state that Dick has a clear edge in passing over Tim Tebow is ludicrous. 

Personally, I like how he acts like it is a foregone conclusion that we will bury LSU.

BigDeal

Quote from: PorkPariah on April 21, 2007, 11:21:36 pm
Let's talk football ! It's only April , but not too early for some predictions. My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida.

Professional drug dealers?  Professional glue sniffers?  Professional Drivetime Sports hosts?

Hey, I think we will win 8 games, but I don't see us going to Atlanta this year.

I'm not saying we are the outright favorite to win the West as LSU is suppose to have a very good team. However, I really believe they will simply stump their toe more than Arkansas will this coming year. I think the hogs will have 1 loss going into the SEC Championship game.

riccoar

There has been no clear concensus as to who is the leader in the SEC West for preseason.  I've seen us, LSU, and Alabama mentioned.  Both are road games, so you do the math from that.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: PorkPariah on April 21, 2007, 11:23:15 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 21, 2007, 11:18:37 pmI have got to find out where you get your weed. 

No doubt.  I have never tried drugs in my entire life, but I just might take a hit of the stuff that guy is on. 

I'm not going to lie, I've smoked my share, and it led to some "questionable" actions.  But I have never, NEVER, been that high. 

moses_007

Nathan Dick, the freshman, just might beat his brother out. :razorback:

BigDeal

Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 11:24:05 pm
Alabama has a better chance of going than we do.

My heart sinks when our own fans are picking opposing teams to win. Don't give up. Let's start thinking like winners here .

USCNOKLAHOMA

Florida could win the East but then again I don't think they beat South Carolina....they won because of luck last year and the year before got their tails handed to them. South Carolina fields a vastly improved defensive front this year. Losing Rice hurts but they have the number one receiving class coming in. I think 3 teams fight it out in the East...Florida, UGA, and USC.

As for the West...I think it comes down to LSU, Bama, and you guys as a possible darkhorse. I really think LSU has the most talent but I see them losing 2 games due to Les Miles. Arky...well we all know what...well make that who your season depends on...your QB. Can Dick pass enough to keep 10 out of the box. Bama...they're the unknown team. They were pretty good last year but they have a ton of pressure on them. Wonder if they have a kicker?

And for the record...check my posts and look at one made in 2005....I nailed the SEC last year. I picked you guys on this board while you guys laughed. I wouldn't be surprised to see South Carolina vs. Alabama or LSU in Atlanta next year. South Carolina definitely returns the most from a team that lost a ton of one score games. Florida starts from scratch and I ain't sold on UGA's running game or QB. I think TN has a disappointing year and KY...why everyone is high on them is beyond me. Clemson did not want to be at that bowl and their stupid OC only ran the ball 11 times..11 times with their RB's. Stupid, stupid, stupid. KY was the beneficiary of a good schedule last year. This year they get smacked back to reality.

jfb4ever

If you think Teebow is a Linebacker, then Dmac must be a Defensive Tackle?

Porkahontas

It won't happen because Casey Dick went 3-17 against LSU and I'm not convinced he's going to be the answer at QB.

We don't have a passing game at all.

We have a lifelong QB coach coaching our WR's. More of Monk being double teamed while the other guys watch balls fly over their head all season.

We lost our most underlooked star...Jacob Skinner. How many times did he bail HDN out the past 3 or 4 years?

Plus the completely lack of a passing game is going to put about 9 guys in the box and we're liable to see McFadden wore out by the midway point of the season. That's how Cobbs got hurt against Bama. They knew where he was running every play. We had zero passing threat.

And the defense, hopefully we'll get Grant and Fairchild back 100% at their positions because we're gonna be green as hell in the secondary and we lost a lot on the defensive line, though I'm confident Herring and Rocker won't let the defense slip much.

Oh yeah, one more thing, we get an assistant coach back that wasn't good enough to be on the coaching staff the past couple of seasons and we're moving a good assistant back to the offense that Herring loved and helped transform the secondary into a weapon instead of a liability last season. Louis Campbell WILL be missed back there. It's easy to hide a Bobby Allen. It's much harder to hide both Bobby Allen and Chris Vaughn.

Plus, we've got an "OC" back for his 3rd stint at Arkansas with David Lee. It's more of the 4-play crap we saw for years under Nutt where defenses know what we're gonna run and fans are cheering when someone tries a pass over 15 yards for the Hogs. Unless one of those ladders turned into a gamebreaker, the offense is gonna struggle, even with McFadden.

wincrimson

Arkansas does have a chance at the national championship.

In track.

Porkahontas

Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:29:10 pm
My heart sinks when our own fans are picking opposing teams to win. Don't give up. Let's start thinking like winners here .

Well, we finally figured out what Houston Nutt has been doing with his spare time since he got busted out texting his "friend" 2100 times over a 4 month period.

wincrimson

My heart sinks to see a once proud program and its fans KNOWING that opposing teams are going to win.  Giving up?  It's about not having a choice with that clown.  Thinking like winners?  That's hard to do when your coach has to come out and say "I did not have textual relations with that woman!"

The Razorback nation deserves, and will eventually receive, better.

VenturaHog

BigDeal, I would ignore you if I didn't laugh so hard at you.

hawgsav1

ok, instead of making fun of the guy, why don't people actually debate whether or not these things will happen.  I like your optimism, but I'm not sold on several things.  I would like to see a lil bit more of a passing game develop.  I think putting those old clock rules will actually hurt us a bit because part of our offense is churning out yards and ball control.  I think Auburn will win the West, esp. since LSU loses all their star receivers and yeah I know they lose Irons, but he's no Carnell WIlliams or Ronnie Brown.  Frankly, I think Herring will be either be blitzing like a maniac to cover up our weakness at CB or he will be dropping LB's into coverage ala Cover 2 (which I doubt considering Herring).  I think our defense will be ok, but I hope we don't play any pass happy teams.  I think the South Carolina game will be tougher than people say because Spurrier will have Mitchell throwing it all over the field like he did last year on those slants and all that stuff (good for us Mitchell looked bad in the Spring game).  I think we will pull off 5-6 wins in the SECW and win our non-conference schedule.  I see us going 9-3 and maybe going to the SEC Championship game.  I don't know who we will play because the East loses a lot. People talk about Florida with Tebow coming back but their strength last year was that extremely fast defense.  That spread offense they ran was garbage.  Florida was a big/lucky-play team.  If Stafford improves then Georgia will be ok.  I could see TN win the East, simply because Ainge is back and I'm sure he's a good enough QB to get his receivers playing well.  They lose some defense and some O-line but I could see them winning the East.  I don't think anyone in the East is stacked enough to play in the BCS game.  I hope to god USC stumbles.  I'd like to see them lose to someone, though I think it will be WVU and USC in the championship game.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jcam61

Im sure an SEC team will be right up there at the end....   What a bold prediction..

VoR

Even with the loses of almost all of the OL I thought we would have a good year this year, but couple that with the losses to early departures and 8-5/9-4 is the best I can see. I hope I am wrong, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

brooks74

JIHawg

You guys may be underestimating Tebo's passing-in high school he broke all of Florida's passing records.

I decided to not use the ignore button either-this guy is really a hoot.  Thanks for the good Sunday morning laugh.

jfb4ever

Not only Teebow can throw, they actually have a Coach!

HognNam

See here's the deal...when you go to the darkside you cannot even debate/talk without being extreme about anything to do with the Football team and the University.
Give it a break and try to pull for the team.  The passing game will be better just cujse Hillis is back.  Casey had no Hillis and that was the biggest factor with the passing game last year.  Receivers are having a better spring cause they are learming something this spring.  If you have read you would know.  Gus failed in teaching the young receivers last spring.  Alex has taught them to get seperation from db's.
The offense will be awesome this year...but....I am concerned about the D.  Starters on D are really good but if we get hit with alot of injuries we will be left with havin to outscore other teams. 
I understand wanting Nutt gone but realize there is more to the football team then Nutt.  Hogs have a pretty darn good team this year and we need to enjoy unlike some did last year.  Possible Heisman winner....ENJOY...my gosh.

Torqued pork

April 22, 2007, 09:15:15 am #31 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:34:26 am by Bubbaswinestein

Picking opposing teams to win isn't the same as hoping opposing teams win. I'm hoping the Hogs win every game this season, but I'm expecting them to lose several b/c of being physically overmatched or simply having some bad breaks. Being analytical shouldn't be confused with being treasonous.

Mr. Hog

Hey Big Deal,
Could you PM me your suppliers cell phone number, i need some of what your taking.

Man you are one clueless dude.
Go Hogs Go!

Mr. Hog

Quote from: HognNam on April 22, 2007, 09:08:37 am
See here's the deal...when you go to the darkside you cannot even debate/talk without being extreme about anything to do with the Football team and the University.
Give it a break and try to pull for the team.  The passing game will be better just cujse Hillis is back.  Casey had no Hillis and that was the biggest factor with the passing game last year.  Receivers are having a better spring cause they are learming something this spring.  If you have read you would know.  Gus failed in teaching the young receivers last spring.  Alex has taught them to get seperation from db's.
The offense will be awesome this year...but....I am concerned about the D.  Starters on D are really good but if we get hit with alot of injuries we will be left with havin to outscore other teams. 
I understand wanting Nutt gone but realize there is more to the football team then Nutt.  Hogs have a pretty darn good team this year and we need to enjoy unlike some did last year.  Possible Heisman winner....ENJOY...my gosh.

Don't tell us how good the passing game is going to be, we can relate to the last 9 years....ranking over 100th passing in Div. 1 football.....Mediocrity and Nutt's offense just go hand in hand.
Go Hogs Go!

Bvilleboar

:puke:

BigDeal please tell me how you plan to spin the news on Coe.  I know you can say he was upset at not being a starter and just has an ax to grind.  But how do you spin the part where the NFL scout admits that HDN and his staff gave the league false information on Coe to hurt his chances of being drafted?  Man that just screams class. 
2012 the year of the HOGS

pigfeet

La La Land

gohee

"while Dick will have the clear edge on passing" - what have you been smoking???

Sure he might have the clear edge as compared to my dead great-grandmother!

gohee

Quote from: BigDeal on April 21, 2007, 11:25:26 pm
Quote from: PorkPariah on April 21, 2007, 11:21:36 pm

I'm not saying we are the outright favorite to win the West as LSU is suppose to have a very good team. However, I really believe they will simply stump their toe more than Arkansas will this coming year. I think the hogs will have 1 loss going into the SEC Championship game.

Arkansas' been stumping their toe already this year... on & off the field... so how's that going to change in the fall?

gohee

I would prefer our fans to think realistically... but that's just me!

mword

I'm not sure about Florida, but I doubt Arkansas will win the SEC West or ever come close. I got LSU winning that.

pigfeet

Bomis Hawg

Even if I thought Arkansas will win the West.  I would not pick them.
No team, since Bama in 93 & 94, I think, has repeated in the West.
No team has played back-to-back in the Georgia Dome from the SEC West.

Not good.

I think Florida or Tennessee gets there.  Alabama or LSU gets there.
Auburn could do a Tennessee from last year, or did what Georgia did.
Until Jevan Snead takes over at QB, Ole Miss will no do much.  Schaeffer is an interception waiting to happen.
Vanderbilt will be your shocker, getting close to 6-6 for a bowl -- they must might get it.

Big_D

BigDeal , do you put this kind of stuff on here just to get a rise out of folks. You cannot truly believe these post you put on here.To even put CD in the same sentence with Teabow is a joke in itself.

I know you don't think Florida has or will ever have a defense that bad. Don't get me wrong I hope D Mac wins the Heisman of which he very well may. But you truly put some stuff on here that sounds like the Twilight Zone....

P.S. Didn't I see you put a post that said if you found out that HDN was still remaining close with TP you would have to consider dropping your support of the Nutter? Well listen to her call in to DTS. Also her friend on here , can't remember her screen name , but said she was in the car the day HDN called about the email, She says they are still very close. Drop him like a rock , brother.

pigfeet

Quote from: Big_D on April 22, 2007, 10:08:20 am

BigDeal , do you put this kind of stuff on here just to get a rise out of folks. You cannot truly believe these post you put on here.To even put CD in the same sentence with Teabow is a joke in itself.

I know you don't think Florida has or will ever have a defense that bad. Don't get me wrong I hope D Mac wins the Heisman of which he very well may. But you truly put some stuff on here that sounds like the Twilight Zone....

P.S. Didn't I see you put a post that said if you found out that HDN was still remaining close with TP you would have to consider dropping your support of the Nutter? Well listen to her call in to DTS. Also her friend on here , can't remember her screen name , but said she was in the car the day HDN called about the email, She says they are still very close. Drop him like a rock , brother.

I think he likes the attention he gets.

AFWarrior83

Ok I'll play:

WEST
1)LSU
2)Bama
3)Ark
4)AU

EAST
1)FL
2)USC
3)Georgia
4)Vols
Hogville member since 2005.

bphi11ips

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on April 21, 2007, 11:24:49 pm
No way either team makes the BCS, much less the SEC championship game.  Florida WILL NOT win with a linebacker playin QB.  I dont look for any SEC team to be playin for the BCSChamp Game.  I think it will be a rematch of last yrs RoseBowl.  USC/Mich.  Watch out for WVU though.  An easy enough schedule could help them out considering they are already a top10 team.

Pretty close to what I'd predict.  Would have left out the slam on Tebow.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Big_D

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 22, 2007, 10:31:24 am
Quote from: coach, my back hurts on April 21, 2007, 11:24:49 pm

Pretty close to what I'd predict.  Would have left out the slam on Tebow.

What you guys are not getting about Teabow is one big fact..HE"S A WINNER. plain and simple.

He wins at whatever he does. He's won at everything. He's a leader. There are just people who are winners, and he is one.

That is something that the Mitch haters don't get either. Have you guys ever looked at his record since like 8th grade. He's lost I think about three games. You can spin that with all your little funny jokes you want but he wins, period.

And before you start lighting him up, I will tell you that David Lee told me personally , the year we were recruiting him that he WAS the best quarterback he had seen in  the 30 years of his career on the recruiting trail. Now for all you HDN lovers , that is your present OC and quarterback coach  making that statement. Take it however you want...

Idahog

My opinion(and those of other professionals) is that the SEC Championship will come down to a rematch of Arkansas and Florida. Naturally, this will mean Arkansas will retain the West Championship title, as Florida will the East Championship.

Do you use the same professionals that Frank used to declare that the spread offense wouldn't work in the SEC?

I think it will be LSU or Bama in the West and Georgia or TN in the East.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Dugann

Florida, LSU, and hmmmm maybe TN in the mix I think.  Arkansas I think will with a black cloud over it and Dmac I hope healthy along with Jones 8-4 Cotton bowl bid.  Just my gut.  Florida I think an repeat damn I like that myers guy.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

vol_in_ar

You lost me at Arkansas will win the West..
Let's see you lost 3 offensive lineman, your 2 best defensive players, your offensive coordinator, and 2 of your best offensive players transferred to USC...

Better get past Troy first..