Started by ghg1, April 12, 2007, 09:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sharks89

Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:21:21 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:16:56 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:15:34 pm
Quote from: dakpowers on April 12, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
Quote from: dchogfanindc on April 12, 2007, 10:05:12 pm
What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?
Satirical/comical content is open range. How many times has Bush been blasted in satirical political cartoons? Or any other public figure for that matter?

Supreme court ruled satire as protected speech in their judgement for Larry Flynt.

One of my favorite movies.

One of my favorite magazines.

Judge Renquist's opinion stated that satire was protected speech because it is normally such a ridiculous scenario that noone in their right mind could possibly think it was possible.

This may not qualify as satire.

+1!

On the downside, this cartoon destroyed my Liittle Bo Peep dress up fantasy with my wife,...
Hmmmm, maybe I'll try the Pocahontas (like Kate Beckinsale in "CLICK")
Go Hogs!

wholehog92

I tend to agree with question man although I lived waaaaaay out in the boonies and didn't get MTV.  The below the belt nature of the last pane will detract from the logic in the other panes.  It's not like there is a lack of material available to fill the pane.  I did laugh, but I also see the downside like some jokes in mixed company....funny but out of place.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

wirebender25

That is bad.  The times should never print anything ever again.

RazorRaider

Quote from: sharks89 on April 13, 2007, 10:10:45 am
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:21:21 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:16:56 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:15:34 pm
Quote from: dakpowers on April 12, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
Quote from: dchogfanindc on April 12, 2007, 10:05:12 pm
What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?
Satirical/comical content is open range. How many times has Bush been blasted in satirical political cartoons? Or any other public figure for that matter?

Supreme court ruled satire as protected speech in their judgement for Larry Flynt.

One of my favorite movies.

One of my favorite magazines.

Judge Renquist's opinion stated that satire was protected speech because it is normally such a ridiculous scenario that noone in their right mind could possibly think it was possible.

This may not qualify as satire.

+1!

On the downside, this cartoon destroyed my Liittle Bo Peep dress up fantasy with my wife,...
Hmmmm, maybe I'll try the Pocahontas (like Kate Beckinsale in "CLICK")

Dress up as a policeman and have her be your latest arrest. that way you can do a search incidental to an arrest. A real hands on experience. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

94 Hawg

there's a reason the AR times is a free paper..
thats really poor taste.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

patrickparish

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

meagain

Typical of the Arkansas Times

pigfeet

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: VenturaHog on April 12, 2007, 10:01:03 pm
is this for real? i dont believe it

Pick up this week's Arkansas Times... I couldn't believe it, if this doesn't cross the line there aren't many things that will

King-Tusk

I think it's hilarious!  The cartoon is true up until the absolutely ridiculous last frame, which I think was the artist's intention.  It's ridiculous that nutt still has a job with the university after all of the controversy and turmoil he has put our program through in the last 18 months. 

I think it's fitting though as it seems that nutt and broyles both have huge man-crushes on each other.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

RazorRaider

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on April 13, 2007, 10:45:16 am

Pick up this week's Arkansas Times... I couldn't believe it, if this doesn't cross the line there aren't many things that will

It doesn't cross the line.

If Nutt would have gotten the job done here and not been such a moron cartoons like this would never have been published.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

bstreet

It's funny - it's not about the sex, it's about how Broyles owns Nutts ass - in everyway imaginable (and then some).

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 10:46:50 am

If Nutt would have gotten the job done here and not been such a moron cartoons like this would never have been published.

"Crossing the Line" is a personal isssue.  To me and for me, it crossed the line, no doubt.

And yes, some of the ALLEGED things that HDN has done has crossed the line for me.  However, I do not believe you correct a wrong (HDN's alleged actions) by presenting another wrong (this cartoon). 

RazorRaider

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on April 13, 2007, 11:06:18 am
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 10:46:50 am

"Crossing the Line" is a personal isssue.  To me and for me, it crossed the line, no doubt.

And yes, some of the ALLEGED things that HDN has done has crossed the line for me.  However, I do not believe you correct a wrong (HDN's alleged actions) by presenting another wrong (this cartoon). 

Sometimes I agree with the old adage of two wrongs don't make a right.

But this has become war a civil war if you will.

And you know what they say about war.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Silver Hog

Finally the pressure is being put on NUTT!

Good luck Stan with your future.

Nutt just go away and crawl under a rock for all I care.

PulledPork

prolly some of you are pissed because you didn't think of it first...... ::)

Pulled out...

Pignominious

There is probably going to be some backlash on this.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PulledPork

Quote from: BarryS on April 13, 2007, 11:25:52 am
Call this post anal if you want but I don't think this is a time for cartoons and sexual inuendos.It's time for Broyles to do some serious probing into Houston .Frank needs to show Nutt who's boss and not let him slide.
He needs to go in like a well-oiled machine . Really get to the bottom of the matter. I believe it's possible this kind of stuff with Nutt goes much deeper than most of us suspect.

+1000 to you sir, classic!!

read just like a "Three's Company" script

Pulled out....

dsewell70

the same cartoonist had an earlier strip that showed nutt and broyles kissing... wonder what the reaction to that one was

King-Tusk

Call this post anal if you want but I don't think this is a time for cartoons and sexual innuendos.It's time for Broyles to do some serious probing into Houston .Frank needs to show Nutt who's boss and not let him slide.
He needs to go in like a well-oiled machine . Really get to the bottom of the matter. I believe it's possible this kind of stuff with Nutt goes much deeper than most of us suspect.

Nice job there!!!
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

PulledPork

Quote from: dsewell70 on April 13, 2007, 11:32:15 am
the same cartoonist had an earlier strip that showed nutt and broyles kissing... wonder what the reaction to that one was
that's acceptable to the huggers, they do it all the time.

Pulled out

RazorRaider

Call this post anal if you want but I don't think this is a time for cartoons and sexual innuendos.It's time for Broyles to do some serious probing into Houston .Frank needs to show Nutt who's boss and not let him slide.

I think the cartoon was implying that Frank may very well be probing into Houston. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Conway Cool Daddy

I will go out on a limb here and say that cartoon goes well beyond good taste.

Really not that funny or imaginative either...............

:(

joedirt

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on April 13, 2007, 11:42:32 am

That's pretty much how I felt about it.  It didn't make me mad.  I just though it was stupid.

jdhoover

Quote from: joedirt on April 13, 2007, 11:58:11 am

That's pretty much how I felt about it.  It didn't make me mad.  I just though it was stupid.

Same here.  Low class.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

Jabba_the_Nutt

Some may find offensive while others may find it...."funny". I wonder what Diana's perception of this cartoon would be.

prairiehogcompanion

Great cartoon! Kudos to the Arkansas Times! In a state that doesn't have a decent daily newspaper, we should be thankful that the Times is around.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Jabba_the_Nutt on April 13, 2007, 01:14:32 pm
Some may find offensive while others may find it...."funny". I wonder what Diana's perception of this cartoon would be.
Heh. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll issue a "public statement" about it.

dakpowers

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 11:39:38 am

I think the cartoon was implying that Frank may very well be probing into Houston. :)
Methinks you missed the other six innuendos in the post. :P

RazorRaider

Quote from: dakpowers on April 13, 2007, 03:45:06 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 11:39:38 am

Methinks you missed the other six innuendos in the post. :P

Nah it is just that one made me laugh the loudest.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Hog Fan 51

The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

PulledPork

Quote from: jdhoover on April 13, 2007, 12:29:19 pm
Quote from: joedirt on April 13, 2007, 11:58:11 am

Same here.  Low class.
coming from you, that's a compliment!

Pulled out....

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Well, I guess now, we can expect to hear HDN complaining about seeing laminated copies of "the cartoon" on recruit's coffee tables.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Sweet_P on April 12, 2007, 10:19:42 pm
Someone got balls.

Yeah they do, the size of Candlestick park!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jameshogfan

I concur.

Hogs-n-Roses

EXCELLENT! And very accurate.

WilsonHog

That cartoon might be funny if the characters were from Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, etc.

That they're from Arkansas makes it sickening...at least to a Razorback fan.

hoggydog

ha ha ha they should expect a letter from nutt's lawyer.

PulledPork

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 13, 2007, 04:14:41 pm
That cartoon might be funny if the characters were from Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, etc.

That they're from Arkansas makes it sickening...at least to a Razorback fan.
oh so it's okay for your neighbor to beat his wife, but unacceptable in your house?

Pulled out...

HawgWyld

Quote from: hoggydog on April 13, 2007, 04:16:42 pm
ha ha ha they should expect a letter from nutt's lawyer.
That would certainly be entertaining. Still, a letter from Nutt's wife would be even better. She really *should* issue a few more public statements -- funny stuff.

LSUFan

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL

Like a Sheep!

jameshogfan

I really can't believe our own paper would put that in there. It shows how bad things have gotten. I think it is pathetic.

HawgWyld

Quote from: jameshogfan on April 13, 2007, 04:20:21 pm

I really can't believe our own paper would put that in there. It shows how bad things have gotten. I think it is pathetic.
Why? Because a newspaper in this state just won't play along and kowtow to the Athletic Department?

Hey, the cartoon wasn't all that funny and was, indeed, crude. Still, we have seen a trend over the past few months that is to be encouraged -- the media is starting to take the gloves off when it comes to Nutt.

jameshogfan

Quote from: HawgWyld on April 13, 2007, 04:22:43 pm

Why? Because a newspaper in this state just won't play along and kowtow to the Athletic Department?

Hey, the cartoon wasn't all that funny and was, indeed, crude. Still, we have seen a trend over the past few months that is to be encouraged -- the media is starting to take the gloves off when it comes to Nutt.

No. I think it is pathetic because, as you said, wasn't at all funny and was indeed crude. I mean, just write an article, or post a full page ad that fans pay for. That is fine. That is reporting. But a cartoon like this is just not good business IMO. It's childish. Taking off the gloves is writing a solid article, real journalism. This cartoon is not that. It's pathetic.

HawgWyld

Quote from: jameshogfan on April 13, 2007, 04:26:28 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on April 13, 2007, 04:22:43 pm

No. I think it is pathetic because, as you said, wasn't at all funny and was indeed crude. I mean, just write an article, or post a full page ad that fans pay for. That is fine. That is reporting. But a cartoon like this is just not good business IMO. It's childish. Taking off the gloves is writing a solid article, real journalism. This cartoon is not that. It's pathetic.
Again, that little cartoon that has upset you so is part of a positive trend. Newspapers, overall, seem to be getting away from the "homer" mentality and ignoring anything negative that has to do with Nutt. I'm not extolling the virtues of one crude comic, but rather looking at a general trend in Arkansas journalism.

dowils

That is sick, really sick and such disgraceful and slanderous and sophmoric humor should not go into any statewide publication.

PigsCanFly

You gotta have a sense of humor. As an unabashed Nutt supporter (AKA jock strap), I still fnd that funny.