Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What other team do you root for?

Started by a_Rev, April 10, 2007, 06:36:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 02:44:52 pm
Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 11, 2007, 02:41:54 pm
Quote from: PigWig on April 11, 2007, 09:55:07 am
I'll admit it. My fiance is from Texas and I like the Horns. Smite away, oh wait...

Also the Denver Broncos in the NFL, Spurs in the NBA, Oregon in CFB, and Kentucky in CBB.

I see at least 3 reasons to smite you on that list!

Here here!!!

I don't think I've ever met a Hog fan that liked Texas AND Kentucky, have you??????
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

cosmodrum

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 02:10:27 pm
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 01:54:23 pm

The Raiders, huh? They don't deserve fans.

Go Chiefs!

My wife would love you for saying that.  She's a huge Chiefs fan, and I have to kind of like them because we're married.  ;)

I live and die with the KC Chiefs. Have you guys caught a game in Arrowhead? It's unbelievable. I was at the last game of the season last year, against the Jags. I sat right behind Matt Jones. With the long shot of getting an MJ sig, I wore a Hog shirt under my Chiefs sweatshirt. I yelled at him, called the Hogs, etc, to get his attention.

My shirt is on display in my home office, with #18 MJ signed on the chest.
Go away, batin'

PigKuneDo

First and foremost, the Hogs of course...

For College teams, Wisconsin (was born there), Oregon (love having Ducks as a mascot) and Slippery Rock (cool school name :))... And of course, SEC teams when they're not playing the Hogs...

Pro football, Pittsburgh Steelers (for over 30 years now) and the Jags (because of MJ, of course)...

Pro basketball and Pro baseball, pretty much just follow former Hogs...

On the "Anyone who is playing....." list, I got Texas (SPIT), Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders... :)

- Bert

cosmodrum

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 11, 2007, 02:48:12 pm
I'll admit it. My fiance is from Texas and I like the Horns. Smite away, oh wait...

Also the Denver Broncos in the NFL, Spurs in the NBA, Oregon in CFB, and Kentucky in CBB.

Here here!!!

I don't think I've ever met a Hog fan that liked Texas AND Kentucky, have you??????

It's like being married, and cheating on your wife with her worst enemies.
Go away, batin'

RhodeHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 02:48:15 pm

Go Chiefs!

My wife would love you for saying that.  She's a huge Chiefs fan, and I have to kind of like them because we're married.  ;)

I live and die with the KC Chiefs. Have you guys caught a game in Arrowhead? It's unbelievable. I was at the last game of the season last year, against the Jags. I sat right behind Matt Jones. With the long shot of getting an MJ sig, I wore a Hog shirt under my Chiefs sweatshirt. I yelled at him, called the Hogs, etc, to get his attention.

She has been to Arrowhead, but I haven't.  She's been on me to take here there this season, especially since we went to the Cowboys/Chiefs game 2 seasons ago.  I've got a buddy who is a Denver fan and we're thinking of going up for that game.  The only thing that sucks for him is he has to wear a KC shirt so people will lay off.  :)

RhodeHog

Here here!!!

Definitely not both...one is rare.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 02:51:41 pm

Here here!!!

I think it's more like being married to Heidi Klum and cheating on her with Rosie O'Donnell and Bea Arthur. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

cosmodrum

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 02:52:23 pm
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 02:48:15 pm

Go Chiefs!

She has been to Arrowhead, but I haven't.  She's been on me to take here there this season, especially since we went to the Cowboys/Chiefs game 2 seasons ago.  I've got a buddy who is a Denver fan and we're thinking of going up for that game.  The only thing that sucks for him is he has to wear a KC shirt so people will lay off.  :)

I would LOVE to go to that game. If get the chance, take it. That place is electric when the Bronc-holes are in town. Not to mention, seeing a freak like Larry Johnson in person is worth the trip.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 11, 2007, 02:54:17 pm
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 02:51:41 pm

Here here!!!

I think it's more like being married to Heidi Klum and cheating on her with Rosie O'Donnell and Bea Arthur. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice
Go away, batin'

RhodeHog

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 11, 2007, 02:54:17 pm

Bad image, but great post!

Blue35

Phatasshog

cynben

PMP11

I have noticed alot of you follow FSU, very surprising.  I will be going to their spring game this saturday in Tallahassee(want to see what a real coach does...and I live in Jacksonville, FL).  If any of you FSU fans want a recap of the game just PM me.

I don't know how any of you people can cheer for Notre Dame, that is just sickening....unless you went there.

cosmodrum

Quote from: PMP11 on April 11, 2007, 03:26:54 pm
I have noticed alot of you follow FSU, very surprising.  I will be going to their spring game this saturday in Tallahassee(want to see what a real coach does...and I live in Jacksonville, FL).  If any of you FSU fans want a recap of the game just PM me.

I don't know how any of you people can cheer for Notre Dame, that is just sickening....unless you went there.

You'll love this.
I'm also and Irish and 'Nole fan.
Charlie Ward is one of my favorite CFBall players of all time. I wish he would've chosen NFL over NBA.
Go away, batin'

BADASSPIG

I like Arkansas State Indian basketball. Go Indians! Go coach Nutt!

PMP11

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 03:53:44 pm
Quote from: PMP11 on April 11, 2007, 03:26:54 pm

You'll love this.
I'm also and Irish and 'Nole fan.
Charlie Ward is one of my favorite CFBall players of all time. I wish he would've chosen NFL over NBA.

I'm not a real fan of FSU, I just love college football.  Plus, my friends here went to FSU and I'd rather pull for them then the Gators(big difference between the fan bases, trust me).  I went to one of their games last season and it was pretty fun, great atmosphere even though it was a down year and they lost to Boston College that day.

We're going to the spring game and then over to the baseball stadium to watch that game.  It's alot different when it's not a team you're passionate about, but still should be fun.  Always good to be in other college towns.

hawgsav1

April 11, 2007, 06:51:49 pm #167 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:00:07 pm by hawgsav1
Football                                         Basketball
1. Hogs                                         1. Hogs
2. Sooners (Proximity Reasons)          2. Any team Mike Anderson is coaching (Love Nolan and his proteges)
3. Miami Hurricanes (like the swagger) 3. Georgetown (I like John Thompson)
                                                   4. Temple (I love John Chaney
                                                   5. Kentucky (Yes they're rivals, but there is a lot of respect there)
                                                   6. UNC

Hated Teams
1. USC (this one is personal)              1. Duke (I hate their sense of entitlement)
2. Notre Dame (arrogant franks)         2. USC (This one is personal)
3. Texas A&M (they just moved up)    3. UCLA (Harrick stole the title from us in 95)
4. Texas (obviously)                         4. Mempiss (They'd be ok without Calipari, but...)
5. LSU (Les Miles pisses me off)          5. Notre Dame (I just don't like them
6. Ole Piss                                      6. LSU (John Brady needs to get slapped)
7. Duke (I hate them that much)
8. Nebraska (Annoying franks)
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

softballguy8

Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

Annax10

Quote from: kirk on April 11, 2007, 11:51:10 am
Stl. Cardinals, Oakland Raiders (since I was 5), Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick

Yeah, Tony Stewart!!!