Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What other team do you root for?

Started by a_Rev, April 10, 2007, 06:36:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

The Pittsburgh Pirates. I hold out hope for them every year.

The Nuggets.

The Rockies.

Florida State.

I hate Florida. Noah is a tool, and so is Chris Leak.

Soccer: America
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Brand X Hog Fan

Washington State Cougars Football . . . Go Wazzu!
Gonzaga Basketball

Seattle Seahawks

Whoever Randy Johnson is pitching for (except that little fling with the Yankees because I do have standards)

Couldn't really give a rip about NBA but I follow the Jazz because of Stockton and Malone in the day, and now Brewer.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Tripod1

All SEC teams and whoever is playing any Big 10 team.

olblueyes

Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

RazorChuck

#1 Arkansas Razorbacks                                                                                                                                           #2 Seattle Seahawks 

John Futrall

Michigan Wolverines
OSU Cowboys (my bro-in-law went there)
Anyone playing Florida
Detroit Lions (yes, I know)
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Pistons
Chicago Cubs
Detroit Tigers

lew1043

TX HOG

COWBOYS
TEXAS RANGERS
MAVERICKS
WHO EVER IS PLAYING TEXASS

DEVIL DOG HOG

April 11, 2007, 08:53:11 am #108 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:09:29 pm by DEVIL DOG HOG
MSU - north Go Green
Green Bay Packers
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Black Hawks
Any one Beating Notre Dame and Michigan

Tulsa to see how Gus is doing.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

fdx flyer

Auburn - graduated in fall 93 - Terry Bowden's first year, undefeated, great memories

oldhawg

April 11, 2007, 09:11:35 am #111 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:20:28 am by oldhawg
U.S. Naval Academy and TCU - (my kids' alma maters)

U.S. Air Force Academy and U.S. Military Academy (West Point) - (Service Academies represent college athletics the way their supposed to be---a few perks, but essentially the same scholarship that everyone else has; imposed limits on practice time long before NCAA edicts; less of a double standard for athletes; athletics is only one part of an overall leadership development program.)

University of Florida (lived in Florida a number of years when Spurrier was there & became a Gator fan)

cosmodrum

KC Chiefs, KC Royals, Chicago Cubs, Kansas Jayhawks.

I'm programmed to deal with disappointment.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 09:48:26 am
KC Chiefs, KC Royals, Chicago Cubs, Kansas Jayhawks.

I'm programmed to deal with disappointment.

Oh, and the Mavs and Pistons. So I guess I do have a couple teams that actually a chance at a trophy of some sort. And no, the Jayhawks never do. They are the exact opposite of Linda Lovelace. They choke...every year it seems.
Go away, batin'

PigWig

I'll admit it. My fiance is from Texas and I like the Horns. Smite away, oh wait...

Also the Denver Broncos in the NFL, Spurs in the NBA, Oregon in CFB, and Kentucky in CBB.

blake

PeytonManningSUCKS

PeytonManningSUCKS

TX HOG

Quote from: PigWig on April 11, 2007, 09:55:07 am
I'll admit it. My fiance is from Texas and I like the Horns. Smite away, oh wait...

Also the Denver Broncos in the NFL, Spurs in the NBA, Oregon in CFB, and Kentucky in CBB.

I've lived in texas my entire life.  My wife has too.  But WE are Razorbacks.  She's converted. 

spudhog

bama. have family there that i really respect a lot.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Preds/Titans... GO PREDS TONIGHT!  Can't believe we've got Forsberg! 
My other college team is the OK ST Cowboys.  Pops played ball there in '62 when a guy who's 220lbs played both ways on the O/D lines.

chi3fhog

The KC Chiefs! ...and whatever team is playing OU. I hate being a hog fan in OKC.

hogsNbeer

PigWig

Quote from: TX HOG on April 11, 2007, 09:59:54 am

I've lived in texas my entire life.  My wife has too.  But WE are Razorbacks.  She's converted. 
Oh I've concerted her too. By the time we played them in BB in Austin she was rooting for the Hogs. Obviously TX, Oregon, and KY are all very distant seconds/thirds in their respective sports.

SoonerHog

Other than the Razorbacks, we root for:
1. OU Sooners
2. Tulsa (now that Gus is there)
3. Whoever is playing against Notre Dame, a Big 10 or PAC 10 team
4. Other SEC teams playing non-conference opponents

If Nutt or Broyles are still associated with the Razorbacks after this year, we'll still root for the Razorbacks, but won't be buying any more season tickets or donating to anything at UofA until they are gone for good.

ColumbianHog

NFL: Carolina Panthers
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NBA: San Antonio Spurs
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
College: (other than Arkansas), UALR (my alma mater), UNCW (my other alma mater)

I ocassionaly find myself pulling for other SEC teams when they aren't playing Arkansas or Arkansas doesn't need them to lose in order to win the division...which doesn't happen too often.

rzrbak_chic09

HOGS are and always will be my favorite in every sport.......but i'll also cheer for whoever is playing texas......i do like the tarheels in basketball, though

inhognation

St Louis Cardinals
Dallas Cowboys
LA Lakers (before Kobe) Chicago Bulls (when Pippen was there)

Can't stand the Cubbies or the Washington Redskins
can't stand the longhorns, the aggies, or Duke.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TX HOG on April 11, 2007, 09:59:54 am

Wow. A Longhorn and a Bronco fan? Kentucky?

Go Chiefs and Go Hogs!!!
Go away, batin'

maximus

Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Rebels99

Atlanta Braves and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

hogs25

The New York Yankees
The Dallas Cowboys
I like Notre Dame I guess because of their fight song and Rudy.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hogs25 on April 11, 2007, 11:15:48 am
The New York Yankees
The Dallas Cowboys
I like Notre Dame I guess because of their fight song and Rudy.
Yankees and Cowboys?  throw in the Lakers and you got the trifecta.  Most hated programs in my life... haha, jk around.

hawgslop00

My father went to Texas and we lived there most of my life, and all of my family still lives there, so I root for them and Notre Dame, when I'm not watching the Hogs.  And I like anyone who's playing LSU in anything.

JoePaul03

Boston Celtics and St. Louis Cardinals...and Liverpool in soccer, for those that care
WCOB, 2003

HoopS

Quote from: rzrbak_chic09 on April 11, 2007, 11:02:54 am
HOGS are and always will be my favorite in every sport.......but i'll also cheer for whoever is playing texas......i do like the tarheels in basketball, though

Yes ma'am.   I agree, especially about Hogs #1 and whoever plays Texas, #2.

kirk

Stl. Cardinals, Oakland Raiders (since I was 5), Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick

ksrazorback

:razorback:
University of Arkansas Razorback for all seasons...
Especially when they beat the H_LL out of Texas and revenge factor for USC!!

College sports for me.....

:razorback:   Go Razorback    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

HoggieStyle

The only other college FB team I keep up with is Florida State. Probably because a real good friend of mine is a Miami fan and I HATE Miami.

HarrisonHog

New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Royals

TLFHAWG

St. Louis Cardinals
Dallas Cowboys
University of Wyoming Cowboys

hawgslop74

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 10, 2007, 06:37:21 pm
THE GREATEST SPORTS TEAM OF ALL TIME-THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!
Keep preaching it!

George S. Pigton

Yanks and Cards
Raiders, Cowboys, Jags
Tiger
Mavericks

USC Football - was out there for the game a few years ago, have to respect the tradition and
I think Coach Pete is a heck of a coach.

North Carolina Basketball - again, respect the tradition

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

pittstr

cosmodrum

Quote from: George S. Pigton on April 11, 2007, 01:28:41 pm
Yanks and Cards
Raiders, Cowboys, Jags
Tiger
Mavericks

USC Football - was out there for the game a few years ago, have to respect the tradition and
I think Coach Pete is a heck of a coach.

North Carolina Basketball - again, respect the tradition

The Raiders, huh? They don't deserve fans.

Go Chiefs!
Go away, batin'

George S. Pigton

I watched Stabler beat Minn. in the superbowl around '76 or so (I was 9 or 10) and liked
his style and I liked Madden.  Just stuck with them, and of course I liked
Roger and the boys in those days as well.

My dad was a KC fan, not sure why though, maybe because of their early superbowl
win.

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

RhodeHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 11, 2007, 01:54:23 pm

The Raiders, huh? They don't deserve fans.

Go Chiefs!

My wife would love you for saying that.  She's a huge Chiefs fan, and I have to kind of like them because we're married.  ;)

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I see at least 3 reasons to smite you on that list!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

cosmodrum

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on April 11, 2007, 02:41:54 pm

I see at least 3 reasons to smite you on that list!

Here here!!!
Go away, batin'

sooie12

Of course #1 is the Hogs. Second favorite team without exception is whoever is playing Texas!!!