Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns Father's DTS Audio Link

Started by TulsaHogFan, April 09, 2007, 10:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scarohr

PiggyBack

"Man, those parents call in to refute your lies so fast it messes ya up!"
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

doo-ran

Just listened! WOW!!! Talk about getting owned. Thanks!

NWASooner

Jimmy

Quote from: HeathHateMe on April 09, 2007, 11:42:19 pm
Man, Hats off to Mister Burns.  He showed a lot more restraint than I would have used.  I hope Rick is inundated with calls about this tomorrow.

1.  So Rick you make assumptions based on what your sources tell you, but we can't make assumptions based on the cell phone records.

2.  Rick, what's the drying cleaning bill on your pants going to run you.

Point #1....Right ON!   Reminds me of the ole line..."Do as I say....not as I do."

bigal

I cant make that audio work, is anyone else having problems with it? Where else could I go to hear it?

Man_O_Pork

"The reason that I know, is because I'm his father."

Classic.

BartIV

How long did this exchange last and what did Randy Rainwater say?

LSUFan

Quote from: bigal on April 10, 2007, 11:56:11 am
I cant make that audio work, is anyone else having problems with it? Where else could I go to hear it?
Give it enough time to download?

LSUFan

Quote from: tw_haynes on April 10, 2007, 12:04:15 pm

Classic.
Very Classic, I think he even baited him in and knew he was gonna say, "Now Listen Mister, How Do You Know?"

HogHillbilly

Nice...............I'm glad that everyone gets to hear it now
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

probiotic

it really annoyed me how rick, randy, and ron harped on the whole race issue, totally skirting the reason that he called- to refute rick's assertion protecting Nutt.

i guess he knew he got OWNED though.

definitely classic.  i'm glad i was listening so close to the end of the show.

someone needs to call in and make him apologize again at the beginning of the program so that everyone else knows what happens.

BartIV

my speakers are broke on my computer, I think its time to buy some new ones.

HogNuttz

Quote from: LSUFan on April 10, 2007, 12:31:48 pm
Quote from: tw_haynes on April 10, 2007, 12:04:15 pm

Classic.
Very Classic, I think he even baited him in and knew he was gonna say, "Now Listen Mister, How Do You Know?"

He could have baited him in a lot more than he did and I wish he would have.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: r-neezy on April 10, 2007, 06:58:54 am
Ok, Rick got his info from the wrong source. In my opinion, it is no different than reporters getting info from sources that claim Nutt will be fired today or that Heath had to get in the Tourney to save his job.

Bottom Line- Many people have been getting their story wrong around here these days.
So Wally can't discuss Nutt rumors or rumors of academic issues and failed drug tests in the paper (which turned out to be true) but Rick can discuss the rumors of the conditions of Stan Heath's contract renewal and the Kody Burns thing on state-wide radio(which turned out to be false)?  Ricks defense seem to be "well, I read it in the paper" 

unclebuck

Quote from: HeathHateMe on April 09, 2007, 11:42:19 pm

2.  Rick, what's the drying cleaning bill on your pants going to run you.

Bet it's substantial.
There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you -- Woody Hayes

jhogfan554

If you take the time to read the remarks from Beau you will see that there is no lying going on or some grand scheme to deceive. Fact - Gus had recruiting responsibility for Kodi. Fact - from Beau's interview with Kodi, "He (Kodi) said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodie's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".  Bottom line Houston did attempt to reach out to Kodi, 3 text messages or 5 or 10 really does not matter. There was enough contact that Kodi asked him to stop and Houston respected that request and stopped. Is 3 messages and some number of calls qualify as frequently? Depends on who you asked. The point is that the the accusations were that Houston did not attempt to recruit Kodi and the facts, confirmed by the interview with Kodie and Kodie's father, was yes he did.

joeyself

Quote from: jhogfan554 on April 10, 2007, 12:58:38 pm
If you take the time to read the remarks from Beau you will see that there is no lying going on or some grand scheme to deceive. Fact - Gus had recruiting responsibility for Kodi. Fact - from Beau's interview with Kodi, "He (Kodi) said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodie's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".  Bottom line Houston did attempt to reach out to Kodi, 3 text messages or 5 or 10 really does not matter. There was enough contact that Kodi asked him to stop and Houston respected that request and stopped. Is 3 messages and some number of calls qualify as frequently? Depends on who you asked. The point is that the the accusations were that Houston did not attempt to recruit Kodi and the facts, confirmed by the interview with Kodie and Kodie's father, was yes he did.

I agree with what you said, to a point.  I can't remember how Rick phrased it on Friday.  My recollection is that it was in the context of the 48 pager.  Rick said something like, and I welcome a correction of I miscast it in any way, "I know that Houston Nutt sent so many text messages to Kodi Burns that Kodi told him to stop."    In the context of the conversation with the caller, the hundreds of texts to someone Nutt wasn't recruiting for the football team was mentioned, and Rick's assertion on the heels of that could have given the impression that Nutt was approaching those numbers with Burns.   But I don't remember Rick saying how many messages were sent.

Here's the real bottomline on this:  Gus was in charge of recruiting Burns, but knew early on that Kodi was not going to come to Arkansas, for whatever reason.  I think the reason had the initial MM; when Burns committed to Auburn in November, MM was still very much in the picture at Arkansas.   For Nutt to start firing a few messages to Kodi at the point Gus and Mitch left makes sense to me--let's see if Kodi wants to come here now that he's not going to be behind two quarterbacks with experience.

JcS  (I can't believe I just said Nutt did something that makes sense.  Believe me, I'm not going over to the Dorkside.)
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Hogsmith

jnh0g5

Quote from: Beau McCastlain on April 10, 2007, 12:19:36 am
   Sorry for taking so long to respond on this but it's been a busy day around here.  Just want to clear some things up.  Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal. The other day on Drive Time callers were stating over and over again that Houston never contacted Kodi. Someone brought up that Houston could have used another phone. No one (Rick, Randy, or Cain) knew if Houston had used another phone to contact him. I have Rick's cell number and called during the break (I don't call into the show, that show's air time is for the fans). The day Ziemba announced his committment to Auburn I went and interviewed Burns. Keep in mind at this time Gus was gone and D. Lee was in place. I asked Kodi if Houston had started trying to recruit him now that things had changed. He said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodi's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".

We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today.

I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters. Meanwhile Kodi has had an amazing senior year at Northside in football, basketball and track. All of which is overshadowed by the "soap opera". I blame everyone for that.....huggers....haters.....and even us in the media!!!!!

With the recent events such as FOI's  I should have checked back with Kodi and asked "exactly how many" calls and texts were made. I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment. 

Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. After talking with Rick I went to interview Brandon Dean. I had no problem with Rick using my name and probably should have made that clear. No one is lieing in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing it better.

Having said that, lets celebrate!!!! We got a new coach again!!!!!!!!!! He's made it 9 hours so far!!!!! My take: Pelphrey is a good one!!!

Beau,

On another board, the following post was made by another poster on April 7th:

"Rick said an unnamed Fort Smith media person told him that HDN sent so many text messages to Kodi Burns after he committed to Auburn that Kodi finally told HDN to leave him alone, that he was firm with his AU commitment and any number of text messages weren't going to change his mind."

On April 8th, you acknowledged you were the source and responded to that post on the same board:

"Re: 1000 of calls to Kodi Burns
I'm the one that talked to Kodi. Went and interviewed him Jan. 21st (the day Ziemba orally committed to AU) for a story on he(sic) and Ziemba.  Off camera, we talked about Arkansas still trying even though he was committed to AU. Gus was the one recruiting him at first and "early on" "Nov. Dec." as you say. He said the day after Gus left was when Houston started calling and texting him. Burns said after about a week he had to tell Houston "in a nice way" to leave him alone he was going to Auburn.  I'm sure he uses several phones for recruiting purposes. Having said that, this is a perfect example of what can happen when facts are thrown out in the open without digging deeper. The guys behind the 48 page document didn't call Kodi or Lee to confirm this.  Just because it looks legal and professional and conforms to our English Teachers rules for a term paper, does not mean it is the gospel!!!"

Today you posted your explanation on Hogville:
"We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today."

Previously, when you were confirming the information on the thread on the other board where a poster stated "HDN sent so many text messages" to Kodi that he asked HDN to stop, you now admit you didn't ask how many messages Nutt sent.  The title of your post was "Re: 1000 of calls to Kodi Burns".  If you were not aware of the number why did you not bother to provide that information earlier and dig deeper yourself.  Your excuse was you weren't aware of the FOI requests during the interview, but your call to Rick S. happened on Friday, April 6.  You certainly were aware of the FOI requests when you called Rick and provided this information to him and again later on Sunday when you proclaimed yourself the source.

Today you posted:
"I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment."

If you had no intention of this information about Kodi being used in the controversy regarding our head football coach then why would you then go on to say "Having said that, this is a perfect example of what can happen when facts are thrown out in the open without digging deeper" and then refer to "The guys behind the 48 page document."  You clearly had the intent to connect the two events together when you posted that statement.

Again you wrote:
"Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. ... No one is lieing(sic) in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing(sic) it better."

Today, you are saying that you did not know you were the source until you listened to the link, but you wrote on Sunday on another board where you admitted that you were the source, writing "I'm the one that talked to Kodi."  This claim today of not knowing your own involvement was an inaccurate statement.  I agree with the last portion of that quote that you need to better report and explain your information.

"I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters."

You were willing to insinuate that the people you refer to as the "haters" were lying while you created this controversy.  The point of the FOI records is that HDN reportedly did not text Kodi with his University cell phone and I know of no reports to the contrary.  It is the media's job to investigate and "dig deeper" and NOT to promote your own agenda.   The lack of questions by the media about the cell phone records is the cause of the rampant speculation or what you call "the soap opera".

doo-ran

Will anyone call today and ask Rick to repeat what was stated yesterday for those of us who missed it? ;)

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 09, 2007, 10:21:10 pm
I hope this is allowed, but here is the audio of Kodi Burns Father on DTS.

http://drod.powweb.com/Schaeffer_gets_pwnt.mp3

Listen to it and make your own decisions.

Great audio in my opinion.

Heh.  :)
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

camhawg

Great post, Rick is such a boob.  Why in the hell is he still on the radio?

LSUFan

Quote from: jnh0g5 on April 10, 2007, 01:51:11 pm
   Sorry for taking so long to respond on this but it's been a busy day around here.  Just want to clear some things up.  Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal. The other day on Drive Time callers were stating over and over again that Houston never contacted Kodi. Someone brought up that Houston could have used another phone. No one (Rick, Randy, or Cain) knew if Houston had used another phone to contact him. I have Rick's cell number and called during the break (I don't call into the show, that show's air time is for the fans). The day Ziemba announced his committment to Auburn I went and interviewed Burns. Keep in mind at this time Gus was gone and D. Lee was in place. I asked Kodi if Houston had started trying to recruit him now that things had changed. He said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodi's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".

We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today.

I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters. Meanwhile Kodi has had an amazing senior year at Northside in football, basketball and track. All of which is overshadowed by the "soap opera". I blame everyone for that.....huggers....haters.....and even us in the media!!!!!

With the recent events such as FOI's  I should have checked back with Kodi and asked "exactly how many" calls and texts were made. I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment. 

Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. After talking with Rick I went to interview Brandon Dean. I had no problem with Rick using my name and probably should have made that clear. No one is lieing in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing it better.

Having said that, lets celebrate!!!! We got a new coach again!!!!!!!!!! He's made it 9 hours so far!!!!! My take: Pelphrey is a good one!!!

Beau,

On another board, the following post was made by another poster on April 7th:

"Rick said an unnamed Fort Smith media person told him that HDN sent so many text messages to Kodi Burns after he committed to Auburn that Kodi finally told HDN to leave him alone, that he was firm with his AU commitment and any number of text messages weren't going to change his mind."

On April 8th, you acknowledged you were the source and responded to that post on the same board:

"Re: 1000 of calls to Kodi Burns
I'm the one that talked to Kodi. Went and interviewed him Jan. 21st (the day Ziemba orally committed to AU) for a story on he(sic) and Ziemba.  Off camera, we talked about Arkansas still trying even though he was committed to AU. Gus was the one recruiting him at first and "early on" "Nov. Dec." as you say. He said the day after Gus left was when Houston started calling and texting him. Burns said after about a week he had to tell Houston "in a nice way" to leave him alone he was going to Auburn.  I'm sure he uses several phones for recruiting purposes. Having said that, this is a perfect example of what can happen when facts are thrown out in the open without digging deeper. The guys behind the 48 page document didn't call Kodi or Lee to confirm this.  Just because it looks legal and professional and conforms to our English Teachers rules for a term paper, does not mean it is the gospel!!!"

Today you posted your explanation on Hogville:
"We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today."

Previously, when you were confirming the information on the thread on the other board where a poster stated "HDN sent so many text messages" to Kodi that he asked HDN to stop, you now admit you didn't ask how many messages Nutt sent.  The title of your post was "Re: 1000 of calls to Kodi Burns".  If you were not aware of the number why did you not bother to provide that information earlier and dig deeper yourself.  Your excuse was you weren't aware of the FOI requests during the interview, but your call to Rick S. happened on Friday, April 6.  You certainly were aware of the FOI requests when you called Rick and provided this information to him and again later on Sunday when you proclaimed yourself the source.

Today you posted:
"I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment."

If you had no intention of this information about Kodi being used in the controversy regarding our head football coach then why would you then go on to say "Having said that, this is a perfect example of what can happen when facts are thrown out in the open without digging deeper" and then refer to "The guys behind the 48 page document."  You clearly had the intent to connect the two events together when you posted that statement.

Again you wrote:
"Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. ... No one is lieing(sic) in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing(sic) it better."

Today, you are saying that you did not know you were the source until you listened to the link, but you wrote on Sunday on another board where you admitted that you were the source, writing "I'm the one that talked to Kodi."  This claim today of not knowing your own involvement was an inaccurate statement.  I agree with the last portion of that quote that you need to better report and explain your information.

"I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters."

You were willing to insinuate that the people you refer to as the "haters" were lying while you created this controversy.  The point of the FOI records is that HDN reportedly did not text Kodi with his University cell phone and I know of no reports to the contrary.  It is the media's job to investigate and "dig deeper" and NOT to promote your own agenda.   The lack of questions by the media about the cell phone records is the cause of the rampant speculation or what you call "the soap opera".

PWNED!!!!!!!!!

oldbear

I am definitely not a hugger, but think the biggest point in all of this is that Mr. Burns does not wish for his son to be used as the focal point of an argument to keep or rid ourselves of HDN.  This is a wish that should and easily could be honored.

the_rifleman

Is it just me or is anyone who typed PWNED[a complete bag of [CENSORED]......Go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons online...
Lucas McCain OUT-

LSUFan

Quote from: the_rifleman on April 10, 2007, 04:31:33 pm
Is it just me or is anyone who typed PWNED[a complete bag of feminine tool......Go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons online...
Do you get out from under Nutt's desk to post?

the_rifleman

ha, oh man I just got PNWED....good one LSU
Lucas McCain OUT-

LSUFan

EastexHawg

Quote from: oldbear on April 10, 2007, 04:28:58 pm
I am definitely not a hugger, but think the biggest point in all of this is that Mr. Burns does not wish for his son to be used as the focal point of an argument to keep or rid ourselves of HDN.  This is a wish that should and easily could be honored.

I don't think anyone has to "interpret" Mr. Burns' point for him.  He stated it quite clearly himself when he told Rick not to misrepresent the facts as they relate to his son in an attempt to support Houston Nutt.

I am glad we finally have it on record that the stories about Nutt texting Kodi so many times as to warrant Kodi telling him to leave him alone...as well as the out and out lie about Auburn playing the race card to turn Kodi away from Arkansas...were misrepresentations to say the least, and total BS to say the most.

hawgaramus

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2007, 04:44:22 pm
Quote from: oldbear on April 10, 2007, 04:28:58 pm

I don't think anyone has to "interpret" Mr. Burns' point for him.  He stated it quite clearly himself when he told Rick not to misrepresent the facts as they relate to his son in an attempt to support Houston Nutt.

I am glad we finally have it on record that the stories about Nutt texting Kodi so many times as to warrant Kodi telling him to leave him alone...as well as the out and out lie about Auburn playing the race card to turn Kodi away from Arkansas...were misrepresentations to say the least, and total BS to say the most.

At the same time I really doubt that Mr. Burns wants his son's name brought up in conjuction with the 48 page document.  He probably wants both sides to stop using his son to make their point.

Whoever floated the racecard story out there, and any reporters who perpetuated it, should be removed from their jobs and permanently banned from any media positions.

defcoach

Better be careful including the media as a problem... Wally will get his feathers ruffled and may right ugly things about you in the paper!!

Dustbug10

What an awesome thread. Rick Shaeffer gets completely tooled with. And I'm not sure anyone noticed, but jnhog05 made a complete fool out of Beau McCastlain on pg. 2. You huggers will never learn that this is the internets. We will throw the facts and contradictions you make at you so fast, it just messes you up.

Tim

Anyone have a link to the audio that works?  Thanks. 

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.