Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTS: Kodi Burns' father says Nutt did NOT text Kodi 1000s of times

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 09, 2007, 06:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: JIHawg on April 09, 2007, 06:44:25 pm
Rick changed his story right there on the air, trying to wiggle out of it.  Mr. Burns exposed Rick as a liar.

I admit Rick was exposed...but what was exposed is that he uses some untrustworthy sources.  Rick IS NOT a liar.  He doesn't use wisdom when he quotes someone, but that doesn't make him a liar.

Hogtide

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on April 09, 2007, 07:43:22 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:40:14 pm
Quote from: forrest city joe on April 09, 2007, 07:33:32 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:44:15 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 06:42:35 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.
Sorry Hogtide, not this time. this is on nutt.

You're a well respected man on this board so please explain to me how it's Nutts fault?  Ever heard of Kevin Steele, Bo Pelini, Jimbo Fisher, Ronnie Cottrell.  Those are or were assistant coaches who go after the big time prospects for the big time schools.  Malzhan is not in their realm.  Malzhan stated from day one that they would recruit no one else besides Kodi Burns.  So please tell me Joe how Nutt could have made a difference in Burn's decision.  I mean after all if his position coach and the guy that he would be learning from his college career can't get him on the team then how could the head coach?  You can buy that garbage Joe but I'm not.  There is nothing Nutt could have done to get Burns period.

The head coach is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on in his program (the good and the bad)!

I can't argue with you there matter of fact I agree wholeheartedly but this is on Malzhan not Nutt.

Shaquille O-squeal

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 09, 2007, 07:43:18 pm
Youknow Shaq, what puzzles me is when Rick was covering the S'Dale football games Mitch's Sr. year he felt the way you just described about Mitchand Gus, in the recruitment also. Now he trashes them. He's lost alot of credibility with me over the last year.

Kind of interesting how that works huh? Stabbing your "friends" in the back for the greater good of your loyalties to a man that has the class of a used car salesman. What a shame. Guess he doesn't learn from the lessons taught in the good book huh?

Houston h

WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.

You're a well respected man on this board so please explain to me how it's Nutts fault?  Ever heard of Kevin Steele, Bo Pelini, Jimbo Fisher, Ronnie Cottrell.  Those are or were assistant coaches who go after the big time prospects for the big time schools.  Malzhan is not in their realm.  Malzhan stated from day one that they would recruit no one else besides Kodi Burns.  So please tell me Joe how Nutt could have made a difference in Burn's decision.  I mean after all if his position coach and the guy that he would be learning from his college career can't get him on the team then how could the head coach?  You can buy that garbage Joe but I'm not.  There is nothing Nutt could have done to get Burns period.
All the guys you listed are big time recruiters you're right, but Gus brought in 3 highly rated players in his first class.  Who cares if he was their coach, according to your boy that's not why he hired him.  He hired him because he identified with players and his offense would bring players in.  Of course, we all found out that he only hired him to save his job and quickly pulled the play calling out of his hands.  If Gus had been allowed to run his offense, in time the recruits would have jumped at the chance to come to Arkansas to play basketball on grass!

Reaganite

<<Thread derailment alert>>

I think some of these huggers defend Nutt so much because he reminds them of, well, them. 

Nutt being mediocre, in just about all facets, MUST be defended because failure to do so, means they acknowledge that they are as mediocre, lack luster, and as incomplete as he is. 

Oh and then there's the ever diminishing contingent of gullible souls that fall for his shuck and jive.  These people are supported and further encouraged by the paid Nutt posters (PNP's).  They're on the payroll, either cash or trade, for the Nuttster.  They usually enter the board discussion after a major revelation, scandal, etc. with a very low post total and act like they've been here from the start (which they probably have as one of the other well known Nutt worshipers).  They are armed with their talking points after one of these events and come to the discussion after the first 12-48 hours of the latest scandal... hey it takes time for the GOB network to shake funds loose and put GA's on the 'ville to protect the Nutt.

The statewide opinion polls clearly have shown that Nutt's support is in the 20-30% range.  The level of Jock Strappin' (or Nutt supporting if you prefer) after a new scandal or revelation indicates a coordinated, albeit pathetic, attempt at manupulating perception. 

At this point though, it's like rolling a turd up hill for them. 

That's just one man's opinion though.

<<We now return you to Defend the Nutt... brought to you commercial free by Planters Peanutts>>

Above Mediocrity

He could have started by not lying to GM and the Springdale recruits.  Have you considered that Burns and Ziemba had a stronger relationship with those guys than they did with HDN?

I have the feeling that GM couldn't recommend they be Hogs after what he witnessed.
FIRE NUTT!!

Hogtide

Quote from: Shaquille O-squeal on April 09, 2007, 07:43:20 pm

Funny how the assistant takes blame for the failures of the head coach. Wait...Dale's not the head coach? Wow...what a revelation...I never knew...

So Nutt takes the blame for Malzhan's inability to recruit.  Wait a minute you are right.  Malzhan should have never been the offensive coordinator to begin with.  Nutt was forced to hire him and he should have put his foot down and said no he can be a position coach but not coordinator.  No argument here.

Reaganite

By the way,

If Nutt felt that he couldn't trust Gus enough to GIVE HIM the offense, why in the name of all that is Holy would he leave him alone in his first year as a college coach to recruit the TOP IN STATE RECRUITS with no backup calls or texts?????

mj4president

First I agree that it is an absolute joke that HDN is more focused on Donna over recruits not to mention he was married. But I dont think texting him a ton would have done anything. Now this is in KB's case but the other 99% recruits it would have made a difference. Auburn was a much better qb situation.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Shaquille O-squeal

Quote from: Reaganite on April 09, 2007, 07:47:03 pm
<<Thread derailment alert>>

I think some of these huggers defend Nutt so much because he reminds them of, well, them. 

Nutt being mediocre, in just about all facets, MUST be defended because failure to do so, means they acknowledge that they are as mediocre, lack luster, and as incomplete as he is. 

Oh and then there's the ever diminishing contingent of gullible souls that fall for his shuck and jive.  These people are supported and further encouraged by the paid Nutt posters (PNP's).  They're on the payroll, either cash or trade, for the Nuttster.  They usually enter the board discussion after a major revelation, scandal, etc. with a very low post total and act like they've been here from the start (which they probably have as one of the other well known Nutt worshipers).  They are armed with their talking points after one of these events and come to the discussion after the first 12-48 hours of the latest scandal... hey it takes time for the GOB network to shake funds loose and put GA's on the 'ville to protect the Nutt.

The statewide opinion polls clearly have shown that Nutt's support is in the 20-30% range.  The level of Jock Strappin' (or Nutt supporting if you prefer) after a new scandal or revelation indicates a coordinated, albeit pathetic, attempt at manupulating perception. 

At this point though, it's like rolling a turd up hill for them. 

That's just one man's opinion though.

<<We now return you to Defend the Nutt... brought to you commercial free by Planters Peanutts>>

Very well said! +100

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:42:39 pm
Quote from: judgeroyswine on April 09, 2007, 07:38:42 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:35:27 pm
Quote from: edt on April 09, 2007, 07:22:45 pm
I bet if you get Gus's phone records he wasn't texting his lady friend 19 minutes before kick off of the bowl game.  Hogtide

I guess we won't know who Malzhan was texting until the phone records are dug up.  I in no way agree with what Nutt was doing but I'm not stupid either.  Losing Kodi Burns was not Nutts fault that's the only point I'm trying to make here.

Then dig up his phone records and PROVE your point.  My goodness man, quit waiting on someone else to do your dirty work.

I don't want to dig up his phone records.  I have a life and was taking a pop shot at the clown who dug up HDN's records. 

Well you may consider him a clown, but whatever his motivation, we now know who did and who didn't receive texts from HDN.  The same is not evident about Gus, so your assumption that he didn't contact Burns or do his job is very suspect.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

golfjam

Quote from: hogheart on April 09, 2007, 07:27:55 pm
kodi will be a  receiver at auburn...don't lose sleep over it...he is gone, never to be a razorback...look to the future, not the past...i think kodi's dad is protecting his son's image, but is uptight because he sees what could have been at arkansas, and what will probably be at auburn...i wish him well and hope i am wrong...he seems like a nice young man
thank you....he'll never be anything special...sorry pops
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: razor222 on April 09, 2007, 07:26:34 pm
What little, if any, credibility Rick had left has been destroyed.

Rick "The Lying Stick" Shaeffer exposed as a liar, big time, once again.

This "fine christian man" with no credibility left.

Shaquille O-squeal

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:49:09 pm

Funny how the assistant takes blame for the failures of the head coach. Wait...Dale's not the head coach? Wow...what a revelation...I never knew...

So Nutt takes the blame for Malzhan's inability to recruit.  Wait a minute you are right.  Malzhan should have never been the offensive coordinator to begin with.  Nutt was forced to hire him and he should have put his foot down and said no he can be a position coach but not coordinator.  No argument here.

HUGGER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houston h

Quote from: bigfoot on April 09, 2007, 07:15:21 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on April 09, 2007, 07:11:46 pm
I love the huggers coming out of their gay closet to defend a fellow hugger!  What has Gus got to do with the lies that Rick has been spewing and just got caught telling?

rick hasnt been spewing lies. rick very clearly said why he believed it was true. open your ears and shut your mouth and you might be educated!         out!
Let me guess hugger, Rick said HDN told him so?  Pull your head out of houstons ass for a second and maybe YOU will see the light!  Your boy is a freaking liar and RS is the dumbarse that spews his lies to the uneducated public!

Above Mediocrity

Quote from: golfjam on April 09, 2007, 07:51:38 pm
Quote from: hogheart on April 09, 2007, 07:27:55 pm
kodi will be a  receiver at auburn...don't lose sleep over it...he is gone, never to be a razorback...look to the future, not the past...i think kodi's dad is protecting his son's image, but is uptight because he sees what could have been at arkansas, and what will probably be at auburn...i wish him well and hope i am wrong...he seems like a nice young man
thank you....he'll never be anything special...sorry pops
golf

Perhaps he won't be a liar or misconstrue information to support a thinly veiled con artist.  These are the things that should truly matter in life.
FIRE NUTT!!

Shaquille O-squeal

Please read the board...there is already a topic being discussed on this!!!!

BartIV

Quote from: arslp on April 09, 2007, 07:10:50 pm
Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:41:23 pm
one of Sunshine Shaeffer's arguments totally shot down!!!

actually he did say he texted KB three times only after Gus left.

That very well may be, but makes no sense.  Kodi committed verbally to Auburn on Nov. 9th; Gus left January 07.  Something not adding up.
Mitch Mustain decommitted from Arkansas but still came.
Damien Williams committed to Florida, but came to Arkansas.
People do change their minds about where they are going to college.  Never give up hope, this is just poor recruiting and poor management of the players you do get.

razorhead69

I knew you guys would find a reason to bash shiite today.

Carry on. lol

razorback3072

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:35:27 pm
Quote from: edt on April 09, 2007, 07:22:45 pm
I bet if you get Gus's phone records he wasn't texting his lady friend 19 minutes before kick off of the bowl game.  Hogtide

I guess we won't know who Malzhan was texting until the phone records are dug up.  I in no way agree with what Nutt was doing but I'm not stupid either.  Losing Kodi Burns was not Nutts fault that's the only point I'm trying to make here.

Stop changing history to further your agenda.  The phone call was never about Nutt losing Kodi.  It was about Rick claiming Nutt texted Kodi so much, Kodi had to tell him to stop.  Kodi's dad calling in proves what Rick said was wrong.  Period.  All the other innuendo is just that.  I wonder if this was the same source told Rick the parents meeting was between Mitch, Beck and Broyles.  He got on DTS and announced that, then had to go on the next day and retract his statement.

As far as Gus not recruiting Kodi.....

posted again in this thread.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=60331.msg758998#msg758998
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Shaquille O-squeal

April 09, 2007, 07:58:07 pm #170 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:01:16 pm by Shaquille O-squeal
It's funny to me that the deeper the dung, the more huggers are willing to jump in with Dale and rub it all over themselves.

Sniff, sniff...I smell something.....

CCCharlie

Quote from: TX SUX on April 09, 2007, 07:44:44 pm
Quote from: Earl on April 09, 2007, 07:41:52 pm
Quote from: wooo on April 09, 2007, 07:21:41 pm
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 09, 2007, 07:18:32 pm
So. HDN didn't text Codi until Gus left. Hmmm. Maybe Gus was recruiting Cody, and after he left HDN took it over.
Also. Cody was never coming here, and he made it clear he was solid with Auburn, and that wasn't changing. The point of a text would have been what. To change his mind like Damian and Mitch. How did that work out.

for the last time (I doubt it)the point is this:

Rick was saying that HDN was calling Kodi so much that Kodi had to tell HDN to stop recruiting him cuz he was going to AU.

Kodi's dad says that HDN text messaged Kodi 2-3 times and only after Gus left.

THEREFORE-Rick's spin to show how much HDN was recruiting don't hold water

How could it be more clear then that???

Rick was quoting a source.....  What do you not understand about that?

That if a source came up to Rick and told him Nutt was the Second Coming, Rick would believe it WHOLEHEARTEDLY and WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
That is what I don't friggin' understand.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:49:09 pm

You Huggers are so misguided. Here is the deal...recruiting falls on the head coaches shoulders. IF his assistants are not doing their jobs on the recruiting trail (which does not seem to be the case here, especially since Nutt never even did an in home with Mitch) then it is HIS responsibility to make sure the problem is corrected. Even if KB was Gus' recruit Nutt HAS TO make contact as well. HE IS THE HEAD COACH!!!

If I'm a big time player, I'm going where it seems I'm wanted and can be developed and if the head coach NEVER contacts me then I'm going somewhere else...no matter what asst. is recruiting me. I GUARANTEE you Tommy T made plenty of calls/texts/visits to the 5 star players he took from our state. I think our fence has a couple of missing boards.

razorhead69

Quote from: Shaquille O-squeal on April 09, 2007, 07:58:07 pm
It's funny to me that the deeper the crape, the more huggers are willing to jump in with Dale and rub it all over themselves.

Sniff, sniff...I smell something.....

OKhogfan1959

Burns would have loved to play for Gus. He didn't trust Nutt and I know this for a fact.

Huggers are some sick suckers! 

CCCharlie

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on April 09, 2007, 07:45:15 pm
Rick changed his story right there on the air, trying to wiggle out of it.  Mr. Burns exposed Rick as a liar.

I admit Rick was exposed...but what was exposed is that he uses some untrustworthy sources.  Rick IS NOT a liar.  He doesn't use wisdom when he quotes someone, but that doesn't make him a liar.

Dang it, yes it does, under the law, he is called "willfully blind," which makes him just as guilty.

huthut

Here's a question for anyone that would like to answer.......
   Do you read your kid's text messages?.....
Just an idea ...but who's to say that Mr. Burns hasn't disliked Nutt all along and is just adding fuel to the fire beneath HDN's feet? Best as I remember, KB was leanin' towards AU from way back anyways. And if a kid is better suited as a receiver, and will probably play that for the tigers the way it's lookin'.......then why exaggerate something like the importance of text messaging and who tm'ed who and who didn't, when it looks like to me a case of a dad disappointed that his kid won't be behind center at AU when he might have been at UA.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: CCCharlie on April 09, 2007, 08:00:48 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on April 09, 2007, 07:45:15 pm

Dang it, yes it does, under the law, he is called "willfully blind," which makes him just as guilty.

I very much respect your opinion, but I disagree with you ccharlie.  I believe he is gullible and too trusting, but not a liar. 

Houston h

Quote from: TX SUX on April 09, 2007, 07:44:44 pm
Quote from: Earl on April 09, 2007, 07:41:52 pm
Quote from: wooo on April 09, 2007, 07:21:41 pm
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 09, 2007, 07:18:32 pm
So. HDN didn't text Codi until Gus left. Hmmm. Maybe Gus was recruiting Cody, and after he left HDN took it over.
Also. Cody was never coming here, and he made it clear he was solid with Auburn, and that wasn't changing. The point of a text would have been what. To change his mind like Damian and Mitch. How did that work out.

for the last time (I doubt it)the point is this:

Rick was saying that HDN was calling Kodi so much that Kodi had to tell HDN to stop recruiting him cuz he was going to AU.

Kodi's dad says that HDN text messaged Kodi 2-3 times and only after Gus left.

THEREFORE-Rick's spin to show how much HDN was recruiting don't hold water

How could it be more clear then that???

Rick was quoting a source.....  What do you not understand about that?
Rick: Hello Houston, how are you?
Houston: What do you want this time Rick, I'm just in the middle of a text!
Rick: Is it true that you never text messaged that Burns kid?
Houston: What the f^$# are you talking about Rick, that's not my job but if you must know!  Of course I did, Danny too, all the time!  wink wink
Rick: I knew I could depend on you for the truth Houston, I love you!
Houston: Click, dumb@ss white boy!

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:46:27 pm

The head coach is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on in his program (the good and the bad)!

I can't argue with you there matter of fact I agree wholeheartedly but this is on Malzhan not Nutt.

You can't argue with me? You just did by blaming Malzahn instead of Nutt. Like I said before "Everything that happens is ultimately the head coach's responsibility" (The good and the bad!)

Hogtide

Quote from: ScottFaldon on April 09, 2007, 07:43:07 pm

He could have shown some serious interest in Burns.

He could have attended a Northside football. Coaches at Northside say the last time Nutt attended a football game or practice there was during Matt Jones' senior season. Yes, he was on Northside's campus to see a basketball game this year, but that's only because one of his daughters was playing.

I'm sorry Scott, but if telling the recruit himself that he is the only quarterback recruit they are going after even over Mallet, isn't serious enough then I don't know what is. 

Looking at the schedules there were three dates where Arkansas and Northside were home at the same time.  September 1st, September 22 (Fayetteville and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nutt's son play for Fayetteville?  I'm going to assume he was at that game), and October 20 (Rogers game and I'm almost positive from hearing reports that Nutt and staff were at that game). 

BartIV

Quote from: huthut on April 09, 2007, 08:01:19 pm
Just an idea ...but who's to say that Mr. Burns hasn't disliked Nutt all along and is just adding fuel to the fire beneath HDN's feet? Best as I remember, KB was leanin' towards AU from way back anyways. And if a kid is better suited as a receiver, and will probably play that for the tigers the way it's lookin'.......then why exaggerate something like the importance of text messaging and who tm'ed who and who didn't, when it looks like to me a case of a dad disappointed that his kid won't be behind center at AU when he might have been at UA.
It was nice for Mr. Burns to take his time in order to fulfill his agenda of trying to get rid of Houston Nutt.

AnthroHog

How is this one on Malzahn? Gus Malzahn talked to Kodi Burns at least once a week according to
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,60331.0.html

Gus was keeping in good contact with Kodi according to TRG
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=70087.msg926804#msg926804

According to an article detailing the average day for Lee Ziemba, Gus texted Lee Ziemba twice a day, so I'm assuming that he did the same with Kodi Burns.

Guess who showed up in Fort Smith to watch his recruit play?  That's right, Tommy Tuberville made the effort to go to watch him, while the coach who is less than an hour away doesn't go do to watch him.  After all of this, I'm thinking Gus must've been doing a good job recruiting him because we finished second in getting him depite the total lack of interest by our coach while the other school's coach was watching him in person.

Houston h

Conspiracy theory?

Geohul

To the huggers who pin the loss of KB on Gus:

Wake up slaps!  How in the College Station is Gus supposed to land a 5-star QB, with NO ACTIVE INTEREST from the head coach of the team.  I'm certain that if Gus hadn't been on the hill that Kodi wouldn't have even given them the time of day much less waited till November to commit.  Gus simply couldn't convince Kodi that he was wanted because Nutt didn't make it a priority to communicate the want to have Kodi here.  If you as a 5-star recruit had numerous schools offering you whose assistant AND head coaches were texting, emailing, phoning you on a daily basis, OR you had ONE coach, on  staff who reached out to you on a regular basis, which team would you feel wanted you more?  Now, lets suppose that you went 5+ months without ANY contact with the teams head coach would you go there?  Or would you go to the team that texted you 5,6,7 times a day and showed up at your school just to wave to you while you were on your way to practice?  I know who I'm choosing 100% of the time.  It should be obvious to everyone by now that Houston didn't want Kodi.  That's his prerogative.  But I would like to see him answer the question WHY?  So all of you huggers that want to drag Gus' name through the mud, (many of whom were touting his genius when we hired him),for "Losing Kodi to Auburn", need to take a close look at the A+ recruiting tactics of you hero Houston "Thunder Fingers" Nutt.

Hawg_Heaven

I am sure Mr. Burns checks his phone bill like all of us do! Especially our kids' phones!

gwddog

Thanks for the ignore button. Now it's a great thread to read. Go Mr Burns Go.
back 2 back 2 back

Mr. Hog

You guys crack me up with the let's blame Malzahn for Nutt's significant problems. Your grasping for straws on this one huggers. Go mow the Nutts lawn and shine his shoes.

quote author=jhog link=topic=131029.msg1978103#msg1978103 date=1176163434]
Good stuff there Gus.
[/quote]
Go Hogs Go!

Dugann

huggers are so busted on this one they might as well quiet while they are ahead take it from your daddy sometimes saying nothing is saying enough.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

beansandtaters

I'm now convinced that "we only want kids who really want to be Razorbacks" is Nutt's biggest scapegoat to mask his failed recruiting.

Shaquille O-squeal

April 09, 2007, 08:07:53 pm #190 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:14:35 pm by Shaquille O-squeal
This is not Rocket Science people. This is very easy to figure out, despite all of the ovations that the Huggers keep sending Dale's way.

1. Shaver is employed by the University of Arkansas.
2. Shaver is very opinionated despite his good Christian values.
3. Shaver quoted a source on the air, which is not wise considering that he didn't verify it's accuracy.
4. Shaver will defend Houston now and probably stab him when he is finally fired.

NWASooner

All this over a coach that's 19-17 over the past three years?

If he had some skins on the wall I could see the angst but damn....

razorhead69

Kodi's dad
Mitch's mom
Where does it end.

You boys need to just agree to disagree.

Mr. Hog

It was nice for Mr. Burns to take his time in order to fulfill his agenda of trying to get rid of Houston Nutt.

I don't even know Mr. Burns but doesn't it seem he is an extremely good judge of character !!!!!!!
Go Hogs Go!

steelers-hawgs 1 love

Hogtide

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on April 09, 2007, 08:04:02 pm

You can't argue with me? You just did by blaming Malzahn instead of Nutt. Like I said before "Everything that happens is ultimately the head coach's responsibility" (The good and the bad!)

I really don't want to blame anybody for Burn's recruitment because I really don't think he ever wanted to come here to begin with, but I also am not going to jump on this bashing of Nutt because of losing Burns when he was Malzhan's priority.  I mean do we know for a fact that Nutt never called Burns during his recruitment at all?  Not text messaging but actually speaking to the kid on the phone.  Do you know this?

alohahog

The Head coach is responsible,period.A brand new lie from Rick and NUTTY.

Silver Hog

Quote from: luvinlife on April 09, 2007, 06:52:41 pm
Why didn't gus do the job in recruiting Kodi??  NO ONE seems to want to respond to that.

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:50:23 pm
Quote from: jhogfan554 on April 09, 2007, 06:44:57 pm
The question I have is since KB was Gus's recruiting responsibility why were there no text messages from Gus? why wasn't Gus doing his job
He was talking about Nutt not Gus.
HDN treated Kodi just like he treated Mitch. He turned his recruiting over to another coach.
In Mitch's case it was Roy Wittke. Do you understand that HDN never made an in home visit to Mitch ?
In Kodi's case he let Gus do the work until Gus wasn't there anymore.

Because Gus was too busy carrying HDNs fat ass around all season long keeping him out of hot water.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Shaquille O-squeal on April 09, 2007, 08:07:53 pm
This is not Rocket Science people. This is very easy to figure out, despite all of the ovations that the Huggers keep sending Dale's way.

1. Shaver is employed by the University of Arkansas.
2. Shaver is very opinionated despite his good Christian values.
3. Shaver quoted a source on the air, which is not wise considering that he didn't verify it's accuracy.
4. Shaver will defend Houston now and probably stab him when his finally fired.

I have a hard time disagreeing with any of your points.