Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis Tigers.Org is having a field day with Hogville.

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 06, 2007, 04:43:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ark30inf

Of course they are.  They are logging on to Arkansas sites, along with the Aggies, and half the SEC.....and posting rumors.  They are poking the Hog and I can see how that would be entertaining.

Michael Porkleone

does this surprise you?

Have you read some of the stuff posted by our OWN members?

:)
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogfan064

I'm just shocked Memphis has a fan board.  I figured Memphis fans were Ole Miss, UT, and Arkansas fans who needed a 2nd favorite team.  Seriously how do you become a Memphis fan.  Is it the awesome conference they play in?  Elliot Perry's goggles?  That dump called the Liberty Bowl?  A football team that until an Arkansas boy played for them hadn't been to a bowl in nearly 30 years?  A city that has awful crime rates, and is just plain nasty?    Seriously how do you become a Memphis State fan? 

LL COOL HOG

arkrzrbacks

If they keep that crap up they can have Nutts and Frank.

inhognation

Why wouldn't they have a field day with us, the rumor that Cal is coming to UA has been posted on here almost as much as the Nutt is going to resign today rumor has been posted.

hardhittinghog

Their city smells of feet...they don't have anything better to do than sit around chug jack daniels and bash arkansas.
Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!

PigWig

Wow. They are a bunch of scumbags.  I wish we could start playing Memphis again in football and basketball.

hoggystyle78

At least they have good BBQ, everything else about that town sucks! Oh and Elvis.

ark30inf

Quote from: inhognation on April 06, 2007, 05:09:55 pm
Why wouldn't they have a field day with us, the rumor that Cal is coming to UA has been posted on here almost as much as the Nutt is going to resign today rumor has been posted.

Most likely by Tigers and Aggies and Arkies that believed them.  So much fun.

Tigerhog14s

Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

Big Papa Satan

PigWig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 06, 2007, 05:16:39 pm
Memphis is a glorified Arkansas State.
You're wrong.

ASU doesn't have a film of smog over the campus.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: PigWig on April 06, 2007, 05:18:09 pm
You're wrong.

ASU doesn't have a film of smog over the campus.

That, and Jonesboro actually isn't a bad place to live. 

bd93

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: MTPAWR on April 06, 2007, 05:24:46 pmCase #1 in point..Deangelo Williams...

Not everything that went on made it to the public, either.

DirtBikeHawg

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the end safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out shouting, "holy sh*t...what a ride!"

MTPAWR

ballhog™

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 06, 2007, 04:50:15 pm
I'm just shocked Memphis has a fan board.  I figured Memphis fans were Ole Miss, UT, and Arkansas fans who needed a 2nd favorite team.  Seriously how do you become a Memphis fan.  Is it the awesome conference they play in?  Elliot Perry's goggles?  That dump called the Liberty Bowl?  A football team that until an Arkansas boy played for them hadn't been to a bowl in nearly 30 years?  A city that has awful crime rates, and is just plain nasty?    Seriously how do you become a Memphis State fan? 

When you mentioned Elliot Perry's goggles my drink came out of my nose.

Oh the glory days of Tiger High...how can anyone forget Baskerville Holmes and The Little General.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

yraciv

The guy who made the tontitown comment should be kicked off our board.  I was lol when I heard that.  The one thing I did learn though was they have a much better selection of smileys. :razorback:

davomartin

April 06, 2007, 06:00:52 pm #22 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:03:08 pm by davomartin
Memphis is marking out to Hogville. They think that it puts them over. I read their whole thread, and it seems they are jealous of money and have a sense of inferiority. As for calling the hogs, let me say that I grew up in Sallisaw, OK just across from Fort Smith. I watched the Hogs and Sooners growing up. I have seen an awful lot more Sooner football wins in person than Hogs wins in person. But I went to college at Arkansas because it is a great place and calling of the hogs is as old a tradition as farming livestock itself. Of course grown men call hogs, feed cattle, build fences, and anything else that comes with living in Middle America. I am proud to be a Hog although my Sooner wife and family ask why. All I say is Pig Sooie Baby, you just don't understand. Memphis can mark out all they want, but it is just jealousy. Have a great weekend and don't worry. Rest assured, something will happen.

DavoMartin.com

westendmed

I never been to memphis but bet its really bad place.  There bakesball teem sux too.

King of the Burbs

April 06, 2007, 06:06:49 pm #24 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:13:02 pm by King of the Burbs
One guy has this under all of his posts:

MEMPHIS FOOTBALL:
Liberty Bowl Stadium - 62,380
6 Conference Championships
3 Consecutive Bowl Games
2005 Motor City Bowl
2004 GMAC Mobile Bowl
2003 New Orleans Bowl
2006 1st round draft pick: Deangelo Williams
Head Coach - Tommy West

Come on guys, you HAVE to admit that's a pretty (un)IMPRESSIVE resume for a football program.

They CONSECUTIVELY went to the New Orleans Bowl, GMAC Mobile Bowl, and the Motor City Bowl!!!!!!!

Tejano Jawg

Yeah...regarding this Mempho post:

O.K. the best line of the all is on the new coach forum in the thread about Cal, one of their posters says;

Quote: From what I understand he a big fans of Italians food. We have Tontotown so it make a good fit. And he white.

They probably got that quote when some dumbass Aggie was over here trolling.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

yraciv

Quote from: westendmed on April 06, 2007, 06:01:45 pm
I never been to memphis but bet its really bad place.  There bakesball teem sux too.

I have never been to Memphis, but bet it's a really bad place.  Their baseball/basketball team sucks too.  I couldn't resist on the new guy.

ThunderHog

I have to admit, the Dr. Evil pic is pretty good. 

hogfan064

Quote from: King of the Burbs on April 06, 2007, 06:06:49 pm

MEMPHIS FOOTBALL:
3 Consecutive Bowl Games
2005 Motor City Bowl
2004 GMAC Mobile Bowl
2003 New Orleans Bowl
Head Coach - Tommy West

Come on guys, you HAVE to admit that's a pretty (un)IMPRESSIVE resume for a football program.

They CONSECUTIVELY went to the New Orleans Bowl, GMAC Mobile Bowl, and the Motor City Bowl!!!!!!!

Football
35 bowl games
1 NC in football
27 top 25 finishes
Multiple all americans
Several top 5 finishes
3 SEC division titles
12 SWC conference titles
2 CFB hall of famers(Holtz and Broyles)

Basketball
1 NC
6 final 4s
28 NCAA basketball appearances
2 future HOF BB coaches(Sutton and Richardson)
Top 15 in every major catagory imaginable
S&S Magazine #8 program alltime

Baseball
5 CWS appearances
20+ regional appearances

Overall athletic program
40+ NCs

Thanks Memphis for trying.  Oh and having Tommy West as coach isn't great.  This guy went 3-8 in his last year at Clemson.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: ThunderHog on April 06, 2007, 06:17:07 pm
I have to admit, the Dr. Evil pic is pretty good. 
Yes. That was funny.

But they still smell like feet.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

TNPIG

Quote from: westendmed on April 06, 2007, 06:01:45 pm
That Arkansas education worked out pretty well for ya didn't it.

UofMemphisReturns

LOL...it's so nice to know you guys are trolling our board...i just HAD to return the favor. (you don't even know how to effectively ban people LOL)

John Calipari in freaking R-Kansas...LOL...your little WPS crap scared off Altman (the look on this face was PRICELESS)...i think Cal would just bust up laughing and walk back home to Memphis.

the Piggies are coveting Cal...I LOVE IT!!!

Porkestrator

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 06, 2007, 06:28:30 pm
Quote from: King of the Burbs on April 06, 2007, 06:06:49 pm

MEMPHIS FOOTBALL:
3 Consecutive Bowl Games
2005 Motor City Bowl
2004 GMAC Mobile Bowl
2003 New Orleans Bowl
Head Coach - Tommy West

Football
35 bowl games
1 NC in football
27 top 25 finishes
Multiple all americans
Several top 5 finishes
3 SEC division titles
12 SWC conference titles
2 CFB hall of famers(Holtz and Broyles)

Basketball
1 NC
6 final 4s
S&S Magazine #8 program alltime

Baseball
5 CWS appearances
20+ regional appearances

Overall athletic program
40+ NCs

Thanks Memphis for trying.  Oh and having Tommy West as coach isn't great.  This guy went 3-8 in his last year at Clemson.

Don't forget this:

Memphis State = 0 Championships in any sport.   ANY.

Not even underwater basket weaving.

UofMemphisReturns

April 06, 2007, 06:42:29 pm #33 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:46:52 pm by UofMemphisReturns
"Basketball
1 NC
6 final 4s
S&S Magazine #8 program alltime"

OK...

1 National Championship game
2 Final Fours
5 Elite Eight
9 Sweet 16's
21 NCAA basketball appearances
1 future HOF coach (Gene Bartow at Memphis and UCLA)

but most importantly...WE HAVE A COACH...AND YOU CAN'T GIVE YOUR JOB AWAY!!!

Porkestrator

April 06, 2007, 06:47:37 pm #34 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:55:44 pm by jxhopper
Quote from: UofMemphisReturns on April 06, 2007, 06:42:29 pm
"Basketball
1 NC
6 final 4s

OK...

2 Final Fours
5 Elite Eight
9 Sweet 16's
22 NCAA basketball appearances

LOL you posted that as a brag?

You must be using that "Memphian Mathematical Method" for your calculations.

Here are the real numbers:

http://gotigersgo.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031407aaf.html

You just furthered our point that Memphis State has no basketball tradition compared to Arkansas.
Sure, we are down... but Memphis State never was.

Go ahead and post your rich tradition in other sports.

Start with football..... snicker.

TNPIG

Quote from: UofMemphisReturns on April 06, 2007, 06:42:29 pm
"Basketball
1 NC
6 final 4s

OK...

2 Final Fours
5 Elite Eight
9 Sweet 16's
22 NCAA basketball appearances

Hey Hey, we Hog fans live in our past glory.....let's not talk about recent success. Oh yeah, did you see our football NC from back around the Vietnam era? President Nixon came and everything.

chiefhog

Quote from: hogapalooza on April 06, 2007, 04:45:35 pm
Thanks for the Link.  But FRANK them!  I really don't care what any other board says. 

Better watch it.  Mike said any of the F word will get you banned.

ExArky

holyj04

Let's all be real and stop trying to get back at one another. Memphis basketball is a better job right now than the Arkansas job. The football job is not better but they are in better shape than we are. So they are better than us, lets stop being dilusional and face the facts. Our program is screwed up right now and if I was an athlete honestly I would'nt go to the UofA either. Don't get me wrong I'm a Razorback fan but I'm a realist and athletics up there is in very very bad shape. The only thing that looks good up there now is the Lady Backs ball team.

UofMemphisReturns

Quote from: ExArky on April 06, 2007, 06:53:39 pm

Arkansas State 26, Memphis 23
LOL...that was before we beat them for 18 straight YEARS.

the sun even shines on a hogs ass every now and then.

just not NOW...LOL

who's next in your search...John Wooden...i hear him and Frank live at the same "home"

Porkestrator

Then you are right. You should be a realist and not base a programs entire history off of a couple of bad years.

You are mistaken. I don't care how bad our football program looks.  We had 10 wins and played in the SECCG. Their football is not "in better shape than we are"

ballhog™

Quote from: UofMemphisReturns on April 06, 2007, 06:57:56 pm
Quote from: ExArky on April 06, 2007, 06:53:39 pm

Arkansas State 26, Memphis 23
LOL...that was before we beat them for 18 straight YEARS.

the sun even shines on a hogs ass every now and then.

just not NOW...LOL

who's next in your search...John Wooden...i hear him and Frank live at the same "home"

Bragging about beating Arkansas State...wow
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

holyj04

I meant the way the program looks to recruits and everyone else. We have way more talent than them, but I'm sure they are not killing their coach like we are. I could be wrong though.

Porkestrator

No doubt about it, we are down now. But where we have been, we will return. Where we have been, Memphis State has NEVER!

...IN ANY SPORT.

UofMemphisReturns

oh...make no mistake...we were BAD last year in football. (2-10)

we have the talent...but Joe Lee Dumb's 2 freaking man front killed us. (and so we fired him)

now that we have a real DC in Rick Kravitz (NCState and South Florida) we should be back to bowling this year.

if not...we'll take the Million we pay Tommy and find another coach.

Porkestrator

Some delusional MS fans have a warped view of their basketball program. They even bash Kentucky because Calipari could not step up to the plate.

He obviously didn't want the Kentucky job because MS is a better basketball school. hehe

Hogpuddin

April 06, 2007, 07:10:06 pm #47 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 07:12:44 pm by Hogpuddin
I will just say this for now: their poster who laughed and made a statement similiar to "I doubt Broyles remembers Nolan, what with having Alzheimer's."  That poster should personally call Frank at the Broyles Complex and apologize.  That is the lowest of the low.  If he has any man/human at all, he will, and should, apologize. 

I know that some fans are more than ready for Frank to leave, but on a personal note, Alzheimer's is no laughing matter.

That is a complete sign of having no class!

I'm calling you out, georgiatiger.  You can bring mimi with you if you want, as well.

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 06, 2007, 07:11:42 pm
LMAO at you guys!

You can't stay away from here can you? If Memphis State is so great, why are you so obsessed with this Arkansas site?