Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All thoughts on Billy Gillispie and his hiring at Kentucky here only please!

Started by RD, April 05, 2007, 11:17:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

jcrowe01

I knew this was going to happen along with everyone else on this board

hoghogg

If that is true great.  A&M loses their coach and we can't hire him.  I for one would much rather have about 4 or 5 coaches before him.

Arkiebrian

tweakmyhamstrings

Noonan

Is anyone taking their temperature on texags.com?  Should be interesting.

CallThemHawgs!

good call, cant wait to smack his ass next year.. And I didnt mean that in a gay ATM cheerleader way

jcrowe01

RazorNick

I wonder if the ags get the same 100 people to throw another yell practice......I bet their board is popping about now.

Busta_Swines

There's a shocker. I guess he picked up the phone this time.

masonselby

ive had it on espnews for the last hour and i havent heard anything
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Texasbite

Quote from: RD on April 05, 2007, 11:17:24 pm
Not meanting to pour salt in wounds fellas..

A&M is screwed, couldn't happen to a better group of low lifes, basis for this opinion, threating to throw balloons full of piss at Arkansas media, class real class. 

Godfather

Wander if he'll pull the flip-flopper action after his presser?
WPS to the end.

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

jcrowe01

Quote from: Busta_Swines on April 05, 2007, 11:20:41 pm
There's a shocker. I guess he picked up the phone this time.
so he does know how to answer a phone

Pork Twain

I hope he falls flat on his face and cannot get any good recruits there.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ark30inf

Could not be better.......enjoy the shovelful of karma Aggies. ;D

Arkiebrian

"According to sources close to the Texas A&M and Kentucky basketball programs, Billy Gillespie has accepted Kentucky's offer for head coach position..."

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=122339.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=118064.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=124540.0

lol

Dwight_K_Shrute

And once again I have to interject this is why we need John Calipari and not Andy Kennedy.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

masonselby

this not being reported by anyone, no link and hasnt been on tv

Pork Twain

I think he is saying that it is sad people are not smart enough to read before they post.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Godfather

Quote from: masonselby on April 05, 2007, 11:23:16 pm
If hogville says it, its fact.  Look it up.
WPS to the end.

murray-vegas

All I heard on ESPN was that the AD gave permission and expected him to take the job. But then again I was half listening.

pigture perfect

If he goes to UK, it makes me feel better just to think that he was holding out for the Cats instead of picking the Aggies over us. JMO
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RD

Quote from: masonselby on April 05, 2007, 11:23:16 pm
Was on ESPN, check out TexAgs.com, Websider, and CatPause.com, they are all over it. BCG is going to Kentucky.

Table Rocker

masonselby

hey RD when did they say this ive been watching for awhile and havent heard anything

stan the man

Let's see if Mr. Gillespie can handle the pressure at Kentucky.  My guess is he can't.

arklahoman36

Quote from: BeoPig on April 05, 2007, 11:23:18 pm
I think he is saying that it is sad people are not smart enough to read before they post.

Actually, I think what he's saying is ... LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

AnthroHog

Well, maybe this can kick start the rivalry, if we can get Calipari or Grant.

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 05, 2007, 11:24:42 pm
If he goes to UK, it makes me feel better just to think that he was holding out for the Cats instead of picking the Aggies over us. JMO

I feel the same way. I thought all along that he was waiting to see what Donovan did before he made a move.

RazorNick

Not official at texags.com either, by the way, they locked the main forum......lol

joeyself

Hmmmm, sequence of events?

1.  Arkansas contacts Gillespie (informally, of course) and gets the nod
2.  Tubby bolts from KY
3.  Arkansas doesn't check with Gillespie again before canning Stan
4.  Someone at KY makes inquiry of Gillespie (this may be #3 and #3 may be #4, come to think of it) and says he's second choice after Donovan.  Gillespie says he can live with that, becoming Plan B.
5.  Arkansas finds out Gillespie isn't coming here.
6.  Florida wins championship and then Donovan is contacted
7.  Donovan says "no" and the same day, Plan B is executed.

Did I miss anything that MAY have happened?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Table Rocker

they all seem to think the announcement will come tomorrow

Pork Twain

Quote from: arklahoman36 on April 05, 2007, 11:25:53 pm

I think we are both right...

playboy

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: stan the man on April 05, 2007, 11:25:06 pm
Let's see if Mr. Gillespie can handle the pressure at Kentucky.  My guess is he can't.

My guess is he can.  No wife nagging him.  No newslady to service.  No kids.  He can't eat drink and sleep basketball.  He has no other outside pressures to distract him. "Hmmmmm should I start Saul tonight?"  None of that BS.  It's all ball all the time.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

southern hawg

Hey Aggie........IT'S 4/5 AND BCG AIN'T YOUR COACH NO MORE

fu-man-soo

actually i was saying, i am telling you and you aren't listening

joeyself

Hmmm, now we compete not with Kentucky but with A&M for a coach.

Wonder how that will turn out?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Noonan

The moment they stepped up with the new facilities and the raise just for the "please don't go to arkansas" routine and he responded with the "well let me think about it", they should have known he was going to do them wrong.  Like the old saying goes, if you don't know where you stand, you know where you stand .....

Pork Twain

April 05, 2007, 11:34:58 pm #43 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:36:44 pm by BeoPig
Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 05, 2007, 11:31:20 pm

What?

Looks like you were saying you thought YOU needed to start up three different posts on the same topic.  Not like the Mods are trying to cut down on repeat posts or anything...

southern hawg

"Great, we just became Rick Barnes' b@#%$ again..."      I love it.  They're not happy on the Aggie boards.

arklahoman36

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 05, 2007, 11:31:20 pm

Like I said, LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

superjw

Quote from: tweakmyhamstrings on April 05, 2007, 11:19:18 pm
Would anyone care to join me at ....texags? ;)
now that's funny - go have some fun with those aggies - just remember to duck
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: opineonswine on April 05, 2007, 11:22:36 pm
Now maybe the others that were waiting to see if they get a call might have some interest in Hawgball redeux.

I fully expect this.  BD held the keys, said no today, BG takes UK job..the chips fall into place.  Even in light of the recent drama the Arkansas job will look much better this weekend than it did last weekend.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."