Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conspiracy Theory Against Heath?

Started by Craig O Squeal, March 11, 2007, 12:02:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig O Squeal

Hear me out...as I listen to the "experts", I find myself more and more confused as to the Hogs' fate. Granted, the obvious answer is to (if I may quote from "Major League") "Win the whole fu@#ing thing...", but I'm wondering if there's a bigger issue working against the Hogs.

I know that folks have suspicions about conspiracies against HDN and the football saga, but let's use the conspiracy angle to examine the BBall's Hogs' situation. Someone "leaked" the info about Heath being gone if they did not make the tournament. Now that they have put themselves in a position to do so, Arkansas's name is rarely being mentioned (and most concede that we are out). Is it conceivable that they're being sabotaged from their own folks so the higher-ups (or whoever leaked the buyout/termination) can save face? I have no info to base it on, but the more I think about it, it just seems weird that the Hogs aren't getting more of a mention. I mean, Texas Tech is classified as a "lock" because of some of the games they won?? BS! They're in because they have Bobby Knight, and he's good for ratings. Kansas State?? BS! "Otis Campbell" Huggins is a name that the media loves, that's why they get in. Air Force? I love the military and what they do, but just because they get up at 6:00 in the morning doesn't qualify them (which is the rationale one ESPN guy used). Hell, if we're going to allow hard-working teams that get up early into the tournament, does the Peace Corps have a squad? Let them in too.

I just think the same criteria that teams used to be measured by is not being used in Arkansas's case...i.e. how they finish, the league, record against top 100 teams, etc. Statistically speaking, we should be a lock. You're going to let a Drexel or Old Domino (whatever) in (2 teams from the CAA???) but a strong representative from a "power conference" is left home? WTH?? And you can't play the "well, they finished 3rd in their division and the West was obviousy down this year" angle. 3 of the 4 final teams in the tourney were West teams, and that logic gets thrown out the window with regards to conferences like the Big Ten or ACC or Big East. A talking head will say something like, "Well it's just so competitive in so-and-so conference, and these teams just beat on each other during the season so you can't look solely at the record." Apply the same logic in ALL situations.

I guess my original observation about being sabotaged from within is this: conferences and AD's can lobby hard in other sports (like football) to get INTO events (like better bowls), can those same people do the opposite, and talk a certain team down? If they know that they need a certain result to happen in order to do what they want (change coaches), would they cut the legs out from under their own team? That would mean that there would be something afowl among our athletic program, and we all know that would not be the case in Fayetteville...

hoginsanfran

March 11, 2007, 12:05:49 am #1 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:07:55 am by hoginsanfran
Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 11, 2007, 12:02:51 am
Hear me out...as I listen to the "experts", I find myself more and more confused as to the Hogs' fate. Granted, the obvious answer is to (if I may quote from "Major League") "Win the whole fu@#ing thing...", but I'm wondering if there's a bigger issue working against the Hogs.

I know that folks have suspicions about conspiracies against HDN and the football saga, but let's use the conspiracy angle to examine the BBall's Hogs' situation. Someone "leaked" the info about Heath being gone if they did not make the tournament. Now that they have put themselves in a position to do so, Arkansas's name is rarely being mentioned (and most concede that we are out). Is it conceivable that they're being sabotaged from their own folks so the higher-ups (or whoever leaked the buyout/termination) can save face? I have no info to base it on, but the more I think about it, it just seems weird that the Hogs aren't getting more of a mention. I mean, Texas Tech is classified as a "lock" because of some of the games they won?? BS! They're in because they have Bobby Knight, and he's good for ratings. Kansas State?? BS! "Otis Campbell" Huggins is a name that the media loves, that's why they get in. Air Force? I love the military and what they do, but just because they get up at 6:00 in the morning doesn't qualify them (which is the rationale one ESPN guy used). Hell, if we're going to allow hard-working teams that get up early into the tournament, does the Peace Corps have a squad? Let them in too.

I just think the same criteria that teams used to be measured by is not being used in Arkansas's case...i.e. how they finish, the league, record against top 100 teams, etc. Statistically speaking, we should be a lock. You're going to let a Drexel or Old Domino (whatever) in (2 teams from the CAA???) but a strong representative from a "power conference" is left home? WTH?? And you can't play the "well, they finished 3rd in their division and the West was obviousy down this year" angle. 3 of the 4 final teams in the tourney were West teams, and that logic gets thrown out the window with regards to conferences like the Big Ten or ACC or Big East. A talking head will say something like, "Well it's just so competitive in so-and-so conference, and these teams just beat on each other during the season so you can't look solely at the record." Apply the same logic in ALL situations.

I guess my original observation about being sabotaged from within is this: conferences and AD's can lobby hard in other sports (like football) to get INTO events (like better bowls), can those same people do the opposite, and talk a certain team down? If they know that they need a certain result to happen in order to do what they want (change coaches), would they cut the legs out from under their own team? That would mean that there would be something afowl among our athletic program, and we all know that would not be the case in Fayetteville...

I am always very hesitant to believe "conspiracies", but watching espn run thru 10 Bubble teams including an 18 win stanford with a 60something RPI, and then to mention arkansas only as an afterthought like a Utah state "well, oh, arkansas could steal a bid FROM THE BUBBLE TEAMS if they win (imply we aren't one)"... i don't know, Frank is very very very very powerful... the man can set up a tee time at Augusta in 90 seconds, no doubt he has friends at ESPN and CBS ready to downplay the hogs just to save a little face.

A world of difference between the outlook of EVERYONE associated with LFS re: Hogs and EVERYONE associated with ESPN tonight re: Hogs.

I don't want to think so, but JFB is very powerful.... maybe you're crazy, but if you're right i want to puke.

I mean, the UAAdmins already leaked it to a paper, and to every radio talking head... is it that unbelievable they would place a call to ESPN?  Or to Slive?  Or to the selection committee?

When it comes down to it, maybe having SEC's Slive at the head of the Committee is a BAD thing... if Slive likes frank, and frank says "no"... we are SCREWED!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:05:49 am
Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 11, 2007, 12:02:51 am

I am always very hesitant to believe "conspiracies", but watching espn run thru 10 Bubble teams including an 18 win stanford with a 60something RPI, and then to mention arkansas only as an afterthought like a Utah state "well, oh, arkansas could steal a bid FROM THE BUBBLE TEAMS if they win (imply we aren't one)"... i don't know, Frank is very very very very powerful... the man can set up a tee time at Augusta in 90 seconds, no doubt he has friends at ESPN and CBS ready to downplay the hogs.

A world of difference between the outlook of EVERYONE associated with LFS and EVERYONE associated with ESPN tonight...

I don't want to think so, but JFB is very powerful.... maybe you're crazy, but if you're right i want to puke.
See? That's exactly where I'm coming from...I saw these teams with RPIs in the 50s to 70s (or worse) and SOS's of 50s to 99...yet they're being considered, yet we have work to do? Something just don't seem right.

mudslog

I hate to mention this....but it is a fact....Heath is a black coach.    Just how many large contributors to the U of A are....black.......??????????

Craig O Squeal

And please don't think I'm trying to stir cr@p, but it just isn't making sense...Florida St and Stanford have a better shot than the Hogs. I just feel like there's something here that we aren't seeing.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: mudslog on March 11, 2007, 12:09:18 am
I hate to mention this....but it is a fact....Heath is a black coach.    Just how many large contributors to the U of A are....black.......??????????

very few.

BUT I wouldn't think UAAdmin, not even them, would try to sabatoge a coach just because he's black in this day and age... A-i don't think they care, and B-i mean nolan was black but he was untouchable for decades and he was a hero to the donor$ until he started calling out ole papa frank.  

hoginsanfran

Question of the night then.... does Mike Slive (SEC head, now head of selection committee) owe Frank ANYTHING at all, or is he nuetral?  will he advocate AGAINST us or FOR us?

Craig O Squeal

I don't know that it's because he's black, I think it has more to do with the fact that there are some strong possibilites for "better" coaches and the PTB feel like we need to "fall on the sword" this year to get one of them before they wind up somewhere else (Kentucky) and start coaching against us.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:12:16 am
Question of the night then.... does Mike Slive (SEC head, now head of selection committee) owe Frank ANYTHING at all, or is he nuetral?  will he advocate AGAINST us or FOR us?
Is he head of the committee?? Who was the guy from Princeton that they interviewed at halftime on CBS today?

mudslog

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 11, 2007, 12:12:20 am
I don't know that it's because he's black, I think it has more to do with the fact that there are some strong possibilites for "better" coaches and the PTB feel like we need to "fall on the sword" this year to get one of them before they wind up somewhere else (Kentucky) and start coaching against us.

I mean lets consider this....very few fans are black....very few donors are black.. if you piss off the donors and the fans...guess who goes?   The black man!

hoginsanfran

I was all for Billy G before 'the run', but now that stan is learning to be MOTIVATOR PLUS COACH, I am all on the Stan-wagon... unlimited upside for Stan, PLUS he's not a money grubbing opportunist (Billy G) or a boring March choker (Billy Self)

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 11, 2007, 12:13:49 am
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:12:16 am
Is he head of the committee?? Who was the guy from Princeton that they interviewed at halftime on CBS today?

whoops you are right... its the princeton guy

however, slive is a CONFERENCE head (SEC), while most others are individual ADs....

so slive is higher in the day-to-day pecking order....

Craig O Squeal

Let's just make it real simple...beat the Gaytors and Joan Kim Noah and it won't matter!! WPS!

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 11, 2007, 12:15:39 am
Let's just make it real simple...beat the Gaytors and Joan Kim Noah and it won't matter!! WPS!

I'm so nervous now... I wanted to believe beating vandy did it.. then it didnt
then i wanted to belive beating MSU would do it.. but it might not..
now we have to beat the reigning champ who just beat each opponent by 20....

we CAN, but i'm nervous for our boys!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:14:27 am

I was all for Billy G before 'the run', but now that stan is learning to be MOTIVATOR PLUS COACH, I am all on the Stan-wagon... unlimited upside for Stan, PLUS he's not a money grubbing opportunist (Billy G) or a boring March choker (Billy Self)
That's where I am...I was able to be swayed to the "big name" but the more I think about the double-standard that seems to exist, the more I got on the SH bandwagon again, and the emotion I've been seeing speaks volumes...from the players and the coaches.

mudslog

Noah is one ugly dude.....lets break out the scarecrow and guard him....wow...

weresoclose

There is nothing here you aren't seeing.  It's plain as day.  Nutt couldn't be fired this year for various reasons, although going into last year he knew his job was on the line.  Heath could very easily be fired because of various reasons, none of them having to do with race, and as the season drew to a close, and as he hadn't performed well all season, they let everyone know.  I guarantee you that if Nutt had had the same crappy season Heath did, it would have been leaked that his job was on the line somewhere around November.  But he reeled off 10 straight.  Why is this so hard to see?

You're like people who say, "The human body is so complicated that it must have been spontaneously made by a supernatural being."  All the while if you just looked at the explanation, and took the time to learn the science of the whole thing, you would understand evolution and it's completely logical explanation for everything.  Instead you make up this fantasy world with ever increasing complexity of irrational stuff.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: mudslog on March 11, 2007, 12:18:06 am
Maybe he'll take a swing at our cheerleaders like he did Kentucky's...

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 12:18:39 am
There is nothing here you aren't seeing.  It's plain as day.  Nutt couldn't be fired this year for various reasons, although going into last year he knew his job was on the line.  Heath could very easily be fired because of various reasons, none of them having to do with race, and as the season drew to a close, and as he hadn't performed well all season, they let everyone know.  I guarantee you that if Nutt had had the same crappy season Heath did, it would have been leaked that his job was on the line somewhere around November.  But he reeled off 10 straight.  Why is this so hard to see?

You're like people who say, "The human body is so complicated that it must have been spontaneously made by a supernatural being."  All the while if you just looked at the explanation, and took the time to learn the science of the whole thing, you would understand evolution and it's completely logical explanation for everything.  Instead you make up this fantasy world with ever increasing complexity of irrational stuff.
Thanks for posting Charles Darwin...don't forget to set your clocks ahead! ;) Besides wins and losses, what are the VARIOUS reasons? Nutt had TWO crappy seasons...oh nevermind, silly me...he TOLD everyone he was going to suck so that makes it okay. If you're going to use the argument that HDN has been to bowls and had big wins. Well, let's take this "magical" season that HDN had this year...he cr@pped out down the stretch and lost the bowl game (hmmm, kind of like getting bumped in the 1st round of a NCAA tourney game). Seems they're very similar situations, yet handled differently.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 12:18:39 am

Because nothing was even sniffed at much leaked during 2005 for nutt.
or 2004 for nutt.

and NO 'pass' was even mentioned for Heath in 2007 after losing a whole backcourt AND NBA lottery pick ronnie brewer.

riccoar

You know, I was thinking this and debated even mentioning it.  But, yes, the call could have been made to Slive that if we don't win the SECT to lobby hard to put just the 4 in from the East.

hoginsanfran

Look i don't want to make this into a Nutt-Heath thread, but i think it is a legitimate question... why the virtual SILENCE froM TV media re: the Hogs, while the internet goobers (net based projections) see us as in?

Why are the "powerful" TELEVISION-WORTHY talking heads ignoring us while the joe schmo's at non-tv-hookup-foxsports.com project us as being in?

Just a thought.

And did Frank tell Slive to nix Arkansas?  That's the most realistic -- and most saddening if true -- question of all!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:27:09 am
Look i don't want to make this into a Nutt-Heath thread, but i think it is a legitimate question... why the virtual SILENCE froM TV media re: the Hogs, while the internet goobers (net based projections) see us as in?

Why are the "powerful" TELEVISION-WORTHY talking heads ignoring us while the joe schmo's at non-tv-hookup-foxsports.com project us as being in?

Just a thought.
Agreed, there is no reason to turn EVERY thread into a HDN thread...I shouldn't have gone there. But I just see discrepencies.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:27:09 am

Just a thought.

And did Frank tell Slive to nix Arkansas?  That's the most realistic -- and most saddening if true -- question of all!

And they said JFB had no power...

razor

When a thread begins with, "Hear me out," sorry but I tune out.

hoginsanfran

March 11, 2007, 12:33:56 am #25 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:41:45 am by hoginsanfran

SUMMARY OF 'THEORIES' - TRUE VS FALSE ;)

Frank knows and has worked with Slive for YEARS in some capacity (TRUE)

Frank approves firing of Stan (ALLEGED ADG, CONFIRMED BY NO JOHN WHITE STATEMENT)

Frank approves leak (UNKNOWN, MOOT POINT THOUGH)

Stan keeps winning (TRUE!)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED :) )

Frank calls media bigwigs, espn contact, says quiet on the hogs (LESS BELIEVABLE)
--> bigwig tells gottlieb, other espn talking heads quiet on hogs (LEAST BELIEVABLE)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED)

Frank calls Mike Slive and 'asks' him to not take Arkansas because its better 'in the long run' (VERY POSSIBLE, VERY BELIEVABLE, REQUIRES JUST FRANK PICKING UP A #$@% PHONE)

Slive follows orders and nixes a legitimate Arkansas in the face of opposition ( ? ? ? ? ? ? )

weresoclose

Yes, Nutt is a golden boy.  Yes he got special treatment.  Yes he should have been fired.

Everyone I talked to couldn't believe he didn't get canned before last season.  He got MM and kept his job, then he won 10 and kept his job.  Then he crapped it away, but we didn't have any great options to hire, and putting our team through another interim was not an option we were willing to take with DMac and Felix.  Now we're stuck with him ONE MORE YEAR and he'll be gone.  Read between the lines.  Not the lines on hogville, the lines from the PTB.

That being said...

So **** what?  It has nothing to do with the fact that Heath said he would have us in the NCAA in 3 years, didn't do it, took us there last year with Brewer and a great frontcourt, lost to Bucknell, then had this the single most dissappointing season I can remember.  And it was leaked out that his job was on the line.  And then his players started playing with heart.  Something he had failed to make them do the first 30 games of the season.

:puke:  This is not hogball.  Who the hell cares about Dale?  We're talking about basketball.  My beloved Hog basketball.  And all you can do is think it's about Dale.  We have a chance to get a great coach, and maybe Heath will take a hint and leave.  Maybe he'll stay and I'll be stuck watching Heathball for 3 more years.  Who knows?  

It is what it is.  Heath simply can't get it done at this time in his coaching career, and we must get someone who can take us back to the National spotlight with Kansas, Duke, UNC, UCLA etc.  You must have no idea we used to be there.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 12:35:07 am
this the single most dissappointing season I can remember

no, i would say 2002, losing record, losing conference, nolan fired
or even 2001, we played like crap even with joe until we won like 5 or 6 in a row to GET in the dance, then lost in round 1 on a buzzer beater to georgetown
or 2003 when we won 9 games and lost at home to troy state
or 1997 when we missed the NCAAs for the first time in 8 years
or 2000 when we had a losing record in conference then won 4 games in 4 days only to lose to MIAMI

no, you're right.... this year SUCKED

hoginsanfran

Heath simply can't get it done at this time in his coaching career,

You should watch CBS tomorrow at 12 noon central.  Mr. Heath is coaching a team in the Southeastern Conference Tournament FINAL.

Sounds like he's getting it done!

PiggyBack

Noah looks like the bastard love child resulting from an affair between "animal" and a piranah.

Conisder:

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

weresoclose

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:33:56 am

Frank approves firing of Stan (ALLEGED ADG, CONFIRMED BY NO JOHN WHITE STATEMENT)

Frank calls media bigwigs, espn contact, says quiet on the hogs (LESS BELIEVABLE)
--> bigwig tells gottlieb, other espn talking heads quiet on hogs (LEAST BELIEVABLE)

Frank calls Mike Slive and 'asks' him to not take Arkansas because its better 'in the long run' (VERY POSSIBLE, VERY BELIEVABLE, REQUIRES JUST FRANK PICKING UP A #$@% PHONE)

Slive follows orders and nixes a legitimate Arkansas in the face of opposition ( ? ? ? ? ? ? )

I know you're probably joking, but if you're not, let me be the first to say this is the stupidest thing I have ever read.  You clearly have no idea what goes on in the BAC, nor with any athletic dept in general.  Yeah, our AD is sabotaging our bid into the NCAA.  Anyone who knows anything knows its about money, and the money -- present and future -- we'll make going to the dance far exceeds any petty losses we would incur firing Heath after we went.  That being said, we'll probably follow our leaked word and not fire him if he does make the tourney, so all this is moot anyway.

hoginsanfran

March 11, 2007, 12:45:07 am #31 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:46:56 am by hoginsanfran
Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 12:41:52 am
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:33:56 am

I know you're probably joking, but if you're not, let me be the first to say this is the stupidest thing I have ever read.  You clearly have no idea what goes on in the BAC, nor with any athletic dept in general.  Yeah, our AD is sabotaging our bid into the NCAA.  Anyone who knows anything knows its about money, and the money -- present and future -- we'll make going to the dance far exceeds any petty losses we would incur firing Heath after we went.  That being said, we'll probably follow our leaked word and not fire him if he does make the tourney, so all this is moot anyway.

I know YOU'RE probably joking, but if you honestly think that the BAC will fire a coach (a BLACK coach at the school where the previous coach SUED over RACISM) who was made 2 straight tourneys at a school that's been in the headlines for 3 months as having "issues" (parents meetings, t-shirts, emailgate, transfers), if you really think the BAC would fire stan AFTER making the tournament and face only "petty losses", then you are out of your mind!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight, and good luck recruiting non-local black players for a while!  Good luck getting any coach other than John wooden to accept this job with a sword hanging overhead!

THINK!

Goodnight!

weresoclose

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:39:01 am

or even 2001, we played like crap even with joe until we won like 5 or 6 in a row to GET in the dance, then lost in round 1 on a buzzer beater to georgetown
or 2000 when we had a losing record in conference then won 4 games in 4 days only to lose to MIAMI

Yep.  Everyone expected us to do something we didn't do ALL SEASON LONG.  At least with Nolan the games were exciting.  Did you go to a game in the latter part of the season?  The place was half empty.  Those other years you mentioned, most we weren't expected to do as well as we were expected to do this year.  I have NEVER not given a damn as little as I did this year.  Funny, a large portion of the fan base feels the same way.  I guess you can't see it because you're trying to link imaginary conspiracies to keep you preoccupied with HDN, to keep that obsession going.  

Fire Heath.  He can't get it done, and if you don't know that you don't know basketball.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2007, 12:46:55 am

Yep.  Everyone expected us to do something we didn't do ALL SEASON LONG.  At least with Nolan the games were exciting.  Did you go to a game in the latter part of the season?  The place was half empty.  Those other years you mentioned, most we weren't expected to do as well as we were expected to do this year.  I have NEVER not given a damn as little as I did this year.  Funny, a large portion of the fan base feels the same way.  I guess you can't see it because you're trying to link imaginary conspiracies to keep you preoccupied with HDN, to keep that obsession going.  

Fire Heath.  He can't get it done, and if you don't know that you don't know basketball.

Psh!  You sound like one of those 'latercomer' bball fans.

Didn't expect anything?  Are you crazy?  We were in the FF in 95 and the S16 in 96!  You mean we expected not to get out of the second round for the next 7 years under NOlan?

Get a grip!  99% expected another sweet 16 before nolan left had you polled them in 96

Stop posting about basketball you're embarrassing yourself.

heath can't get it done?  He's won 21 games in the toughest conference in america the last 2 years.  He's coaching a tourney final tomorrow, and made the top half of tourney seeds last year.  John Wooden couldn't have won with that 2003 class, and Al Jefferson going pro hurt us more than Lamptey ever did!

GO BACK TO ROOTING FOR FB, AND LEAVE HOOPS TO THE REAL FANS!

Craig O Squeal

Yes, Nutt is a golden boy.  Yes he got special treatment.  Yes he should have been fired.

Everyone I talked to couldn't believe he didn't get canned before last season.  He got MM and kept his job, then he won 10 and kept his job.  Then he crapped it away, but we didn't have any great options to hire, and putting our team through another interim was not an option we were willing to take with DMac and Felix.  Now we're stuck with him ONE MORE YEAR and he'll be gone.  Read between the lines.  Not the lines on hogville, the lines from the PTB.

That being said...

So **** what?  It has nothing to do with the fact that Heath said he would have us in the NCAA in 3 years, didn't do it, took us there last year with Brewer and a great frontcourt, lost to Bucknell, then had this the single most dissappointing season I can remember.  And it was leaked out that his job was on the line.  And then his players started playing with heart.  Something he had failed to make them do the first 30 games of the season.

:puke:  This is not hogball.  Who the hell cares about Dale?  We're talking about basketball.  My beloved Hog basketball.  And all you can do is think it's about Dale.  We have a chance to get a great coach, and maybe Heath will take a hint and leave.  Maybe he'll stay and I'll be stuck watching Heathball for 3 more years.  Who knows?  

It is what it is.  Heath simply can't get it done at this time in his coaching career, and we must get someone who can take us back to the National spotlight with Kansas, Duke, UNC, UCLA etc.  You must have no idea we used to be there.
Look, I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing contest with you. This is NOT designed to point at Nutt. It just appears that there's a different measuring stick. Listen to what is being spewed by the media...loss of fanbase, less attendance (translation: money) it's not a matter of wins and losses. That's why HDN gets to stay, because the money keeps coming. What great coach are we getting Wally? Tell me...did Billy G. tell you over the last putt on 16 yesterday? Did Bill S. tell you while ya'll were at the urinals at the restaurant the other day? And what's great about Self? Would I mind having him? Hell no, he's a great one, BUT..what's the knock on him? I can't think of it...oh yeah, he can't win the big one. And isn't winning the big one the most important thing? Billy G.? I see him as a mercenary, a Nick Saban type who will leave the second a better offer comes. He'll leave us in great shape, but he'll leave us. Everyone spews that you couldn't fire HDN because he won 10 games and COY...and how would that look to potential coaches? Well how does it look to potential coaches when you can the guy after back-to-back 20 win seasons, (hopefully) back to back NCAA tourney invites and (possibly) a SECT title? Unless you've got "that guy" in your pocket sitting on GO waiting to come in, it's gonna look ugly in the press. We're going to agree to disagree. And FYI, I remember the "good old days."

weresoclose

1.  not toughest conference in america.  only homers say that.  no objective fan says that.

2.  you make my point exactly.  we expected ANOTHER SWEET 16.  jesus, we should have gone to the sweet 16 last year, Heath's fourth.  this is Arkansas basketball, not whatever it is you want us to be.

3.  twenty-one wins is excellence for people who think mediocrity is the norm.

4.  big huge secret al jefferson was going pro.  if Heath put all his stock in Jefferson, he should be fired just for that.

5.  my friend, I think you have proven just what a mediocre fan you are.  you expect mediocrity.  this is mediocrity we went through this year, and it's not gonna get better.  five years is plenty of heath.  time to get a coach who has what it takes.

bbulhogfan

Quote from: razor on March 11, 2007, 12:32:45 am
When a thread begins with, "Hear me out," sorry but I tune out.

well then shut up and get out!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: PiggyBack on March 11, 2007, 12:41:49 am

Noah looks like the bastard love child resulting from an affair between "animal" and a piranah.

Conisder:

My God! That's the funniest (yet creepiest) thing I have ever seen! +1

bbulhogfan

Yea i guess that's why we are in the Championship of the SEC...probly because he can't get it done...that makes sense...

weresoclose

March 11, 2007, 01:19:47 am #39 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:31:37 am by weresoclose
Quote from: bbulhogfan on March 11, 2007, 01:08:23 am
this the single most disappointing season I can remember

no, i would say 2002, losing record, losing conference, Nolan fired

Yea i guess that's why we are in the Championship of the SEC...probly because he can't get it done...that makes sense...

ok last post for me.  Heath can't get it done.  And I hope I eat crow but he won't get it done tomorrow. 

Goodness Gracious.  He beats SC, Vandy and MSU and all of a sudden he can get it done.  We are incredibly talented, arguably the most talented team in the SEC (just like last year with the exception of Florida), and we couldn't get it done enough to break even in SEC reg season play.  We have to sneak our way into the NCAAs by telling our players that their coach will be fired if they don't get him there. 

Heath is a great assistant coach.  He may be the best assistant coach in the country.  But he's a mediocre at best head coach, and he definitely does not portray Hogball to any degree. 

We are winning in spite of him, not because of him.  That last second shot by Irvin was a busted play.  We can't draw up an inbound play to work against tough full court press.  We can't defend in a full court way, it's not even in Heath's playbook.  With the exception of some alley-oops to Hill and the occasional give and go, we run sloppy and ineffective offensive sets.  Other coaches give us all kinds of match up problems midway through games with their subtle changes. 

No.  The players are inspiring themselves, and it shouldn't have to be that way.

hoggystyle78

I must admit, I do find it somewhat disheartining that everytime I see ESPN there is little to no mention of the Hogs, our RPI is better and SOS is like 13th or something, I just don't get it, in a conference like the SEC the #2 rated power conference, with the some of the best name recognition and Tradition in the history of the game, (I know that supposedly doesn't count, but who can really say for sure), I just don't get it, we should be in win or loss, providing maybe it's not a blowout. Hopefully the guys will take care of business and win it all, then there's no doubt about it.

BornHog

Heath is a classy guy unlike Nutt. Nutt had 2 back to back losing seasons. Yet everyone is all over Heath it makes me sick :puke:

Jazorback

lunchbox72703

Who would of thought, it was Michael Jackson hiding from the media all along......

Porkem

If, Craig...and only if, you're right (which I don't think you are) then I think we would have an outright mutiny on our hands.  Fans, myself included, would storm the hill and demand that Frank be fired on the spot....if you are right.  Frank is powerful, I agree, but not that powerful.  He can't tell certain national media dudes to "cover his you know what just to save face."  Don't listen to the fools on ESPN for one thing, because they are not the committee.  I'll bet whatever you want to bet the Hogs are in...a solid lock with their 39 or whatever power rating.  The Hogs are in! Vanderbilt should be the team worrying about their future.  The SEC will have 5 teams in with their #2 overall conference power rating...trust me.  I admire your brain power though and +1 for you brother.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

jimmur74

Please dont go there!

owl

Quote from: jimmur74 on March 11, 2007, 06:10:44 am

Please dont go there!

AMEN !!!!!!!!!
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

hoginsanfran

Quote from: butchdavisisback on March 11, 2007, 06:06:57 am
If, Craig...and only if, you're right (which I don't think you are) then I think we would have an outright mutiny on our hands.  Fans, myself included, would storm the hill and demand that Frank be fired on the spot....if you are right.  Frank is powerful, I agree, but not that powerful.  He can't tell certain national media dudes to "cover his you know what just to save face."  Don't listen to the fools on ESPN for one thing, because they are not the committee.  I'll bet whatever you want to bet the Hogs are in...a solid lock with their 39 or whatever power rating.  The Hogs are in! Vanderbilt should be the team worrying about their future.  The SEC will have 5 teams in with their #2 overall conference power rating...trust me.  I admire your brain power though and +1 for you brother.

+1

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: butchdavisisback on March 11, 2007, 06:06:57 am
Thanks for the love. Believe me, I hope that I'm wrong (I want to be in in the worst way), but with the recent string of events, I just wondered out loud...WPS!!!

WASAHAWG70

I am all in for SH now. He got the players to believe in the team concept. Although it took awhile it did take. So to hell with the PTB, if the hogs don't make the dance I say screw'em all I'm done.