Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The only reason the media threw Stan under the bus was ...

Started by madxbayhog, March 10, 2007, 02:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

M6

A leak is a very good way to subtitle the conversation. When TV reporters and fans and the curious hear the word leak they instantly think it's the truth. It's very easy. One call to a reporter an BAM the truth is out. Are there actually fans out there that thought Stan would hang around if he didn't make the NCAA this year? Offering to fire someone if they don't make a goal is a common, very common method of management. The 'leak' was insignificant information. It's what everyone already knew. Wrapped in a nice wrapper. Presented to you by someone you trust. A 'pacifier' for the baby is what it's called in washington. One of the biggest news stories during Clinton's impeachment was false. Planted as a wadded up piece of paper that didn't quite make it in the trash. It took 3 tries but someone finally read it and sure enough leaked it.

liferedeemed

The U of A leadership should be asked whose idea it was to leak about Stan.

The intelligence of this move makes me question the abilities of our leadership.  Maybe time for change, unless they are ready to step up and say, "I made the call."

barry150

Quote from: M6 on March 10, 2007, 09:36:35 pm
A leak is a very good way to subtitle the conversation. When TV reporters and fans and the curious hear the word leak they instantly think it's the truth. It's very easy. One call to a reporter an BAM the truth is out. Are there actually fans out there that thought Stan would hang around if he didn't make the NCAA this year? Offering to fire someone if they don't make a goal is a common, very common method of management. The 'leak' was insignificant information. It's what everyone already knew. Wrapped in a nice wrapper. Presented to you by someone you trust. A 'pacifier' for the baby is what it's called in washington. One of the biggest news stories during Clinton's impeachment was false. Planted as a wadded up piece of paper that didn't quite make it in the trash. It took 3 tries but someone finally read it and sure enough leaked it.
And that is exactly what you and others fell for...a little "leak"...a wadded up piece of paper that said Malzahn and MM were the problem and Nutt was the victim.  You fell for it hook, line and sinker.

weresoclose

Quote from: alohahog on March 10, 2007, 09:18:33 pm
weresoclose you have some valid points.I was one of those students who camped out for days to get tickets @ BARNHILL.I tell everyone I was there during the Robertson,Walker,Kline,Drexler,Young,Hakeem days. You have made me think which is what this forum is for (NOT-FIGHTING).I am just so SAD about our F-Ball coaches actions & deceitfullness.I pray that they RID us of him.

Your post makes me remember "The Night the Lights Went Out in Barnhill"

I still got a cup somewhere.  Brings a tear to my eye.  

Man, it's just memories like those.  Memories like the hooplah that was the UNLV game.  

Memories of Dale Brown's last game against Nolan in Fayetteville, and him talkin to the fans at midcourt, telling us we were the classiest fans in all of college basketball (we had called out "nice hair" when the bald bastard's name was announced, and he thought it was clever).

Remember when everyone would chime in for the "who's she"?  Almost nobody does that anymore.  Remember when the stands were packed, when a ticket for Kentucky was worth twice its weight in gold.  When a trip to Barnhill South was standard rite of passage for father and son.

Remember when Sutton would get T'd up, or Nolan for that matter -- his were legendary!

sigh.

georgecolevet

a couple of points:  the change in the way they sell student tickets affected the camping out, I imagine.  and the fact that so many games are on TV has changed the way the fan base turns out to a degree we didn't have with the Nolan era.  Not that these two things are the only things that have affected the crowds, but they have to be factored in when comparing the 'past'.