Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dance Card has Arkansas IN the NCAAT!!! (update: all but the last game tonight )

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 09, 2007, 11:44:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holtzhog

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 10, 2007, 05:09:30 pm
If NC State wins tomorrow it's going to get dicey.

they are NOT beating Carolina

just like we probably won't beat UF.

Hogtropolis™

We are now at 35 and the cutoff line is still at 44.  Looking good fellas.

Hogpuddin

Quote from: Hogtropolis? on March 10, 2007, 08:28:27 pm
We are now at 35 and the cutoff line is still at 44.  Looking good fellas.

I think that we are in even if we don't win tomorrow.  Of course, my philosophy is nothing new.

lightsout

the cutoff line is not 44, several teams below that line already have automatic bids.  There are only 34 at-large bids

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: lightsout on March 10, 2007, 08:47:54 pm
the cutoff line is not 44, several teams below that line already have automatic bids.  There are only 34 at-large bids
They have already accounted for the automatic bids.  There are 10 teams in that top 44 that will have automatic bids after tomorrow from winning their conference championship, so if you take those 10 out, you have your 34 teams.  They are ranking them regardless of automatic bids.  Therefore if you look at it just as the 34 teams that will get "at large" bids, we are 25 out of 34.  Not bad.

WhenPigsFly

As of now, this site says we have an RPI of 30?

No way we're out as an SEC team with an RPI that high.

VetRock

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 10, 2007, 06:53:34 pm
Quote from: spankinbacon on March 10, 2007, 05:54:01 pm
Just looking at the numbers that would put Florida in as a 2 seed (I am ok with that), Kentucky a 3  seed (way too high imo), Tennessee a 5 seed (about right), Vandy a 9 and Arkansas a 10.  Arkansas has a hugher RPI than Vandy, stronger strength of schedule, have finished stronger, especially considering that two of the Hogs wins over the past two weeks have been against the Commodores.  Give US the nine seed.

I'd rather be a 10 seed than a 9 seed.

Bacon out...

amen
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

lightsout

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 10, 2007, 08:53:28 pm
They have already accounted for the automatic bids.  There are 10 teams in that top 44 that will have automatic bids after tomorrow from winning their conference championship, so if you take those 10 out, you have your 34 teams.  They are ranking them regardless of automatic bids.  Therefore if you look at it just as the 34 teams that will get "at large" bids, we are 25 out of 34.  Not bad.

How would NC State upseting UNC affect their rankings system?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: lightsout on March 10, 2007, 09:06:13 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 10, 2007, 08:53:28 pm

How would NC State upseting UNC affect their rankings system?
Since NCState is not in that top 44 teams and UNC is that would mean there would only be 9 automatic bids in that top 44 which mean it would become the top 43 instead of top 44.  Basically it would take away an "at large" bid, which would not be good for us if we lost.

lightsout

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: lightsout on March 10, 2007, 09:28:16 pm
But the their "bubble bursts here" point will not move above 43?
Basically if the standings stayed exactly the same as they are now and NC State won, they would have "The Bubble Bursts Here" between 43 and 44 and GT would be the first team out and Purdue would be the last team in.  From looking at the rest of the games though, there is no way that "The Bubble Bursts Here" line would move above 43.  All the other championship games feature teams that will be in even if they don't win their conference tournament.

Pigonometry

AllI know is I am not gonna sleep good tonight.  I don't think we have enough ni the tank to beat Florida and think we will be sweating it out tomorrow afternoon.......
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Pigonometry on March 10, 2007, 09:37:36 pm
AllI know is I am not gonna sleep good tonight.  I don't think we have enough ni the tank to beat Florida and think we will be sweating it out tomorrow afternoon.......
I agree completely.  Also right now we are 35 out of 44 teams, but that will drop tomorrow if we lose to Florida.  By how much???  Hopefully not too much.  I would feel a lot better from 2:00 to 5:00 if we just go ahead and pick up a win against Florida, but that might be asking a bit too much.  We'll see.  GO HOGS!

Hogtropolis™

Now we are 36 out of 44.  Somehow we dropped a spot.  Not sure how, but we did.