Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas/Georgia Thread

Started by EastMemphisHog, January 17, 2007, 05:51:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

why does life as a hog fan suck this bad, we never get exciting wins like this.
March cannot get hear fast enough, we can take anyone in baseball that is unless play like baby girls in baseball too.

CapitolHog

I work with 3 Mississippi State fans, I am beginning to understand why they were so excited when Ervin left

hog caller

well they played good but the turn overs killed them and they lost.

Bomis Hawg

I said good teams close out good teams.  We did not do that.  Was it dumb luck or poor defense?  Not sure.

But, Arkansas couldn't defend jack on threes against Ole Miss or Florida.  They did it late today.  They STILL made them.

UGA was 40% on 3pt in their SEC games going into today.  Tied for the fourth best mark of the SEC Games.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: CapitolHog on January 17, 2007, 10:12:56 pm
I work with 3 Mississippi State fans, I am beginning to understand why they were so excited when Ervin left

Ervin takes last shots, and misses.  Do you think all of the talk (and Heath telling him) not to take the last shot frick with his head and caused him to overthink.  Thus, the turnover on the last possession?

riccoar

Turnovers: Arkansas 19 -- Georgia 10

nuff said.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Rick better get some rechargeable ni-cads for his sunshine pumping machine, because it's going to be working overtime.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Squealers

Quote from: UAfan on January 17, 2007, 10:07:58 pm
Quote from: HeathWimp on January 17, 2007, 10:07:09 pm
NIT here we come!!!!
You are correct my friend.

We go NIT, and Stan goes NIT.   (Nevada Institute of Technology)
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Bomis Hawg

NJIT is Division 1.  New Jersey Institute of Technology.  GO HIGHLANDERS!

riccoar

Overheard shout coming from Houston's office:  "THANK YOU, STAN!"

Corganist

We've got to stop putting the ball in Ervin's hands when the game is on the line. Period. That's the second game in a row he's personally lost for us by trying to do too much at the end of the game. Its not just about him taking the last shot. Its that his overall decisionmaking is inconsistent at best.

When it rains, it pours.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The curse of the moral victory:  We were all like "Well we didn't beat Florida, but we game them one hell of a game woopeee, it's only one game blah blah blah"  Guilty as charged, but when you really start feeling that way, look what you get.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 17, 2007, 10:15:26 pm
Quote from: CapitolHog on January 17, 2007, 10:12:56 pm

Ervin takes last shots, and misses.  Do you think all of the talk (and Heath telling him) not to take the last shot frick with his head and caused him to overthink.  Thus, the turnover on the last possession?

He was doing this before he got here. I thought we could teach the old dog new tricks.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Ironhawg

TRUHOG718

Im going to wollow in my own self pity! goodnight

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 17, 2007, 09:23:31 pm
Im telling ya if we guard the peremeter and stop turning the ball over we will blow these guys out

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Pigonometry

Quote from: VetRock on January 17, 2007, 10:09:33 pm
Quote from: dmcneil on January 17, 2007, 10:08:52 pm
Quote from: Smithian on January 17, 2007, 10:06:20 pm
Four straight contested threes... They make them all. How?

It's the refs fault...at least that was the excuse against Ole Miss

Nope, this one is all on us. 

I give Georgia some credit ---- they made some tough shots down the stretch..............
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

proud2bpork

Quote from: Table Rocker on January 17, 2007, 10:06:16 pm
bill self?
Had him on campus.........ready to sign.  How do you muck that up!?!

Lots of fun with the play-by-play though.  Thanks guys.

Later.  Proud

NuttinItUp

Lucky shot at the end. Georgia bastards.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Pigonometry on January 17, 2007, 10:34:13 pm

I give Georgia some credit ---- they made some tough shots down the stretch..............

It boils down to confidence which is often inspired by the coach.  Confident teams find ways to win even when it seems improbable.  Teams with no confidence or leadership find ways to lose even when the game should be locked up.

Is this the face of a confident man?

Pignominious

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 17, 2007, 10:54:02 pm
Quote from: Pigonometry on January 17, 2007, 10:34:13 pm

It boils down to confidence which is often inspired by the coach.  Confident teams find ways to win even when it seems improbable.  Teams with no confidence or leadership find ways to lose even when the game should be locked up.

Is this the face of a confident man?

Sadly its not.  I really like Stan, I do.  I just don't think he can get it done.  When I looked at Felton I saw a guy who was coaching fearlessly.  He just let it all hang out.  Two words.   Doc Sadler.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

polandhog

Quote from: Death by Hog on January 17, 2007, 10:07:56 pm
I just don't understand how we can get screwed out of these games constantly. I hate being a hog fan, but I will still be one. Go Hogs, Always having to say maybe next SUCKS!

Could this game be the one that keeps us out of the Dance two months later?