Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer - NBA or return to Ark?

Started by Mike Shelton, March 17, 2006, 01:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SexyHogette

I want him to stay and I think he will.  The money I am sure looks good, but he comes from a family where everyone has graduated.  I sincerly think he will stay one more year to get his diploma. 

Cornhogio

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 04:01:39 pm
Quote from: Cornhogio on March 17, 2006, 02:42:24 pm
Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 02:29:06 pm
That's an interesting observation.  Makes sense, too.

I just don't get the guys who are like "Good riddance" to the best player we've had in years.  He obviously loves the school and came to Arkansas at a time when we were at our lowest point.  He could have went to play for OKState, the big "Flavor of the Week" school at the time but he decided to come here.  But now, idiots like Hogleg and Cornhogio are trying to push him out the door.

Anybody who wants Brewer to leave based on what happened today is a freakin' idiot.  Two weeks ago, I bet they were asking God to make him stay.

So because we don't agree with you, we're idiots?  I respect your opinion, so why can't you respect mine?  For what it's worth, I've always felt that in big games in big situations, Brewer tends to disappear.  Sure there have been some notable exceptions, but as a rule, our big gun is hard to find when it's money time.

No..not an idiot..I said "freaking idiot".  It's not because we just happen to disagree about something.  But when your opinion is so egregious, it makes me you're an idiot.

I hope you're not, by-the-way, but it seem as though you are.  I'll applaud you for telling me you respect my opinion, though.

But back to the issue, you and everyone else who are leaving these "Good Riddance" posts are idiots, plain and simple.  He's the best player on our team.  He'll be on the Naismith Watch list all year next year if he stays.  He was our leading scorer for the first two-thirds of the season and when we asked him to give up his role as scorer and play point, he became the leading assist-man.  That makes him versatile.  Oh, it makes him unselfish, as well.  He's a good kid..he's a great representative for the team and school.   If you want someone like that to leave the team you like, I have a problem respecting anything you say after that.

Sorry dude.  I hate to be so abrasive but it's the truth.
Well, dood, allow me to be abrasive.  I was just being polite when I said I respected your opinion.  You're just one more in a line of bobble headed retards that give credit for stats, and don't pay attention to where they're garnered.  I don't give a crap how many points you score, if you don't score them when we need them.  Brewer has disappeared way too many times this year when he was needed.  Who took the shot at the end of the MSU game in Starkville.  What about Tuscaloosa, Red Stick, etc.  Let me give you a hint:  it wasn't Brewer.  If you're the man, be the freakin man, and demand the ball.  He's probably a great kid, but he wouldn't even have started in '94 or '95.  If he wants to stay, fine, stay.  But let's not retire his number just yet.  He hasn't won a damn thing at Arkansas.  Not one championship of any kind.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Illinihog

What makes you think Ronnie is so close to Graduating?  I don't have a clue how close are far he is for this to happen I'm just wondering.  For those who have never played college athletics or worked for Athletic department it is hard as hell to take 15 credit hours each sememster.  There is no way Ronnie has 15 hours this sememster, it just isn't possible with all the class they miss.  In all honesty it's amazing these guys stay eligible.  Leaving Tuesday for your SEC Game Wed. Getting back early Thursday Morning and possibly leaving again on Friday for a Saturday game. 

If I'm Ronnie I'm as good as gone.  I'll take my money and go play with the big boys.  I'll come back and get the Degree if I really want.

Mike Shelton

man i hope and pray the best for him either way but I DO want to see him in the RAZORBACK uniform next year.I truely believe we can be something special in 06-07

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Cornhogio on March 17, 2006, 06:12:30 pm
Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 04:01:39 pm
Quote from: Cornhogio on March 17, 2006, 02:42:24 pm
Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 02:29:06 pm
That's an interesting observation.  Makes sense, too.

I just don't get the guys who are like "Good riddance" to the best player we've had in years.  He obviously loves the school and came to Arkansas at a time when we were at our lowest point.  He could have went to play for OKState, the big "Flavor of the Week" school at the time but he decided to come here.  But now, idiots like Hogleg and Cornhogio are trying to push him out the door.

Anybody who wants Brewer to leave based on what happened today is a freakin' idiot.  Two weeks ago, I bet they were asking God to make him stay.

So because we don't agree with you, we're idiots?  I respect your opinion, so why can't you respect mine?  For what it's worth, I've always felt that in big games in big situations, Brewer tends to disappear.  Sure there have been some notable exceptions, but as a rule, our big gun is hard to find when it's money time.

No..not an idiot..I said "freaking idiot".  It's not because we just happen to disagree about something.  But when your opinion is so egregious, it makes me you're an idiot.

I hope you're not, by-the-way, but it seem as though you are.  I'll applaud you for telling me you respect my opinion, though.

But back to the issue, you and everyone else who are leaving these "Good Riddance" posts are idiots, plain and simple.  He's the best player on our team.  He'll be on the Naismith Watch list all year next year if he stays.  He was our leading scorer for the first two-thirds of the season and when we asked him to give up his role as scorer and play point, he became the leading assist-man.  That makes him versatile.  Oh, it makes him unselfish, as well.  He's a good kid..he's a great representative for the team and school.   If you want someone like that to leave the team you like, I have a problem respecting anything you say after that.

Sorry dude.  I hate to be so abrasive but it's the truth.
Well, dood, allow me to be abrasive.  I was just being polite when I said I respected your opinion.  You're just one more in a line of bobble headed retards that give credit for stats, and don't pay attention to where they're garnered.  I don't give a crap how many points you score, if you don't score them when we need them.  Brewer has disappeared way too many times this year when he was needed.  Who took the shot at the end of the MSU game in Starkville.  What about Tuscaloosa, Red Stick, etc.  Let me give you a hint:  it wasn't Brewer.  If you're the man, be the freakin man, and demand the ball.  He's probably a great kid, but he wouldn't even have started in '94 or '95.  If he wants to stay, fine, stay.  But let's not retire his number just yet.  He hasn't won a damn thing at Arkansas.  Not one championship of any kind.

According to you, I'm a retard.  According to me, you're an idiot.  If the difference between retards and idiots is a retard knows when he has a good and thing and hopes it stays for as long as possible, and an idiot wishes it would just go away after one bad day, I shall drape myself in retarded-ness and dance in the town square for everyone to see.

People like you disgust me, quite honestly.  If you can look at that kid, think about all he's done and all he's MEANT to this university and say "Good Riddance" just because he failed to live up to your expectations, I pity you because you will never be able to appreciate the performance of a true champion.

You know what?  I'm done.  People like you aren't worth the energy.  I'll leave you all with my position and I won't be back to read your reaction b/c I simply won't care:

I hope he comes back.  The Razorbacks will be better for it if he comes back.  I predict that those of you who are wishing he would just go away will sing his praises when he accomplishes all the great things next year I KNOW HE'LL ACCOMPLISH.

Peace out...
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

PorcineSublime

I want Ronnie Brewer to do what is best for Ronnie Brewer. At this point that seems to be going to the NBA this year. If that changed, I would welcome him back next year. Joe Johnson dissapeared in a few games his last year as well. He turned out ok. Not sure if Ronnie will be an All Star in The League or not, but if he is going to be a lotto pick, he might want to do it this year. Either way I will be pulling for the kid. JMO.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HairyHog

I believe that Ron Brewer will have a lot to say about whether or not Ronnie comes back.  Ron wanted to get into coaching, but without an degree, he couldn't make it. Too late for Ron, but not for the son.

Ronnie stays.

Arkiejared

to answer the question:

he will test the waters, talk to some ppl in the league, and pull out at the last minute he can.

mutdog

Ronnie is an exceptional player.  Not yet ready for the NBA yet.

If we had a good point guard and a good shooting guard Brewer would be allowed to do what he does best. 

Ronnie has to try to do too much right now and he looks out of position and awkward at times. 

Let Ronnie play defense, drive the lane, rebound and fast break.  If we had the players to go with Ronnie it would make a big difference in his efficiency.  His production has been unquestionable, but sometimes not very efficient.

Hawgon

Let me preface my remarks by saying that I do not think Ronnie Brewer is ready for the NBA, BUT, what does he have to prove by staying?  Does anyone really think that we will win the SEC or make a run in the tournament next year?  Even though he doesn't really need the money, there is a difference between daddy's money and your own money.  If he can get lottery pick money, then he should go.  Another year of college isn't going to actually improve him much as a player, at least not under Stan Heath, and the risk of getting hurt is very great.  Go young man, go.

As a hog fan, I would like to see him come back.  But then again, I can't really get all that excited about seeing him come back so that we can finish 3rd in the SEC West again.

zwhogfan

I think Ronnie should do what is best for him. Personally, I hope he will come back for next year, if he does we will be very good, I would not hesitate to predict at the least a sweet 16

Woogie

Idiot huh? Well, I won't lower myself to your maturity level by calling you names and such. But on to the subject at hand... I'm not trying to "push him out the door". I just don't see it as all that big of a loss it he decides to leave. As I've stated in a different thread, Sonny Weems is just about the same type of player. Only difference is that Weems will actually defend someone. Just my opinion, but I'd rather have Modica back than RB. At least Modica can half-way shoot... He doesn't look like he's swimming the breast stroke when he's shooting the ball. RB just doesn't impress me all that much, that's all. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
[/quote]

So you can sit here and say with a straight face that Sonny Weems will come in and contribute at the same level as Ronnie Brewer right away?  I have alot of respect for UAFS and the program, but the Bi-State East conference is not exactly the SEC West.  Big difference between LSU and Eastern Oklahoma State College. 

Dont misread me on this.  Sonny Weems is an outstanding player that is going to help us out alot next year, but to bring him in and expect him to fill RONNIE BREWER'S shoes right away?  Wake up, pal. 

HogInGermany

March 18, 2006, 03:38:54 am #62 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:41:18 am by HogInGermany

What exactly has he meant for the university compared to any other player on that team. Sure he's got stats, but what do we have to show for them. If he goes, fine. If he stays, fine. To act like Ronnie Brewer has done or meant so much for the University is rediculous. He's a fine player and I'm glad he came here I guess, but I support the Razorbacks, not one hyped player. I would trade him right now for a shooter.

[/quote]
According to you, I'm a retard.  According to me, you're an idiot.  If the difference between retards and idiots is a retard knows when he has a good and thing and hopes it stays for as long as possible, and an idiot wishes it would just go away after one bad day, I shall drape myself in retarded-ness and dance in the town square for everyone to see.

People like you disgust me, quite honestly.  If you can look at that kid, think about all he's done and all he's MEANT to this university and say "Good Riddance" just because he failed to live up to your expectations, I pity you because you will never be able to appreciate the performance of a true champion.

You know what?  I'm done.  People like you aren't worth the energy.  I'll leave you all with my position and I won't be back to read your reaction b/c I simply won't care:

I hope he comes back.  The Razorbacks will be better for it if he comes back.  I predict that those of you who are wishing he would just go away will sing his praises when he accomplishes all the great things next year I KNOW HE'LL ACCOMPLISH.

Peace out...
[/quote]

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: razorhead69 on March 17, 2006, 01:59:43 pm
Go!!  we will have to start over again anyway.We will suck with or without him.

Wow... What an idiot.
The problem this season was the lack of an effective point guard. Gary Ervin is a proven SEC-calibur PG who will turn everybodys' heads. To say that we will suck with or without Brewer next year is ridiculous.  Our post game struggled at first a little this year, and still isn't where it should be, but if townes and thomas bust their asses this off-season, they could be a big-time threat.  Not to mention............umm.....what's his name???.......SONNY WEEMS. Michael Washington should also be interesting to watch, as will the kid from Hargrave.  Brewer stays. He has fallen in the draft, possibly out of the lottery.  If he comes back, he will be (or should be) one of the favorites for player year.  I hate the loss today, but I can't wait for next year.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: HogInGermany on March 18, 2006, 03:38:54 am

What exactly has he meant for the university compared to any other player on that team. Sure he's got stats, but what do we have to show for them. If he goes, fine. If he stays, fine. To act like Ronnie Brewer has done or meant so much for the University is rediculous. He's a fine player and I'm glad he came here I guess, but I support the Razorbacks, not one hyped player. I would trade him right now for a shooter.

To me what he has meant is that we have both a quality individual and a quality BB player. We now have many of those, but until SH came we were not overrun with Nobel Laureates on our BB team. Not that any of these guys will work for NASA next year, but they can carry off a interview with a minimal number of you know's. He just seems to be a classy kid who will not likely be arrested in two year in a bar fight in a drug deal gone bad. If for no other reason, that makes him special to me.
I know that having player who are better human beings doesn't win championships. But maybe just maybe we could have both. It seems to work for Duke and NC.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HogInGermany

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 18, 2006, 08:11:20 am

To me what he has meant is that we have both a quality individual and a quality BB player. We now have many of those, but until SH came we were not overrun with Nobel Laureates on our BB team. Not that any of these guys will work for NASA next year, but they can carry off a interview with a minimal number of you know's. He just seems to be a classy kid who will not likely be arrested in two year in a bar fight in a drug deal gone bad. If for no other reason, that makes him special to me.
I know that having player who are better human beings doesn't win championships. But maybe just maybe we could have both. It seems to work for Duke and NC.

Fair enough, good answer. +1 for you.

I understand the sentiment and don't have anything against Ronnie, but in the big scheme of things if his legacy is one NCAA tournament appearance in a lost to Bucknell, he will be forgotten and will ultimately mean less to the University than the winners of the past that were not such model citizens.

razorhead69

Quote from: cshivley1 on March 18, 2006, 03:51:58 am

Wow... What an idiot.
The problem this season was the lack of an effective point guard. Gary Ervin is a proven SEC-calibur PG who will turn everybodys' heads. To say that we will suck with or without Brewer next year is ridiculous.  Our post game struggled at first a little this year, and still isn't where it should be, but if townes and thomas bust their asses this off-season, they could be a big-time threat.  Not to mention............umm.....what's his name???.......SONNY WEEMS. Michael Washington should also be interesting to watch, as will the kid from Hargrave.  Brewer stays. He has fallen in the draft, possibly out of the lottery.  If he comes back, he will be (or should be) one of the favorites for player year.  I hate the loss today, but I can't wait for next year.

Difference of opinion = Idiot.   Real Nice
Love name callers who hide behind screen names.
Andy Crowson -BENTONVILLE

Zen_Hog

razorhead69

And we cant blame him. Play for millions or for a team with no identity.

hogs24

He ain't going out like that. He'll be back. I hope. WPS
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Anon2

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 18, 2006, 08:11:20 am

Best post I've seen today.

Lokirain

If Brewer watches the last game he played, he'll know he's not ready. Ronnie had a chance to tie the game with less than 10 seconds and did not do it. Could not do it. Ronnie needs to come back and prove that he's ready for the next level. I think right now, he is a late first rounder in the NBA. But with rosters the way they are, that does not guarantee that he'll get off of the bench.

the donger

Not even close to being a NBA player and I am not saying this because of his Bucknell performance. He's just simply not good enough.

EastMemphisHog

March 18, 2006, 11:46:40 pm #73 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:48:14 pm by cshivley1
Quote from: razorhead69 on March 18, 2006, 10:24:14 am
Quote from: cshivley1 on March 18, 2006, 03:51:58 am

Wow... What an idiot.

Difference of opinion = Idiot.   Real Nice
Love name callers who hide behind screen names.
Andy Crowson -BENTONVILLE

There's a fine line between a difference of opinion and pure ignorancy. Hiding behind screen names???? What a joke you are....   Trell Shivley Knoxville,TN    How big a boy arrr ya????

hogtheball

Quote from: Lokirain on March 18, 2006, 01:03:24 pm
If Brewer watches the last game he played, he'll know he's not ready. Ronnie had a chance to tie the game with less than 10 seconds and did not do it. Could not do it. Ronnie needs to come back and prove that he's ready for the next level. I think right now, he is a late first rounder in the NBA. But with rosters the way they are, that does not guarantee that he'll get off of the bench.

Maybe he's ready, maybe he could be more ready.  A missed shot with 10 seconds left doesn't prove anything.  That's goofy.  Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, all good players have lost games in the last 10 seconds.  As I recall, Jordan lost a couple of big games in college.  Larry Bird went the last ten minutes of a game against Arkansas his senior year without scoring.  I guess you'd have reasoned he wasn't ready for the NBA either.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

mutdog

First of all I would like to say that I am a big fan of Ronnie Brewer.  With the right people around him, good point guard and shooting guard he would show better than he has.

But, here comes the negatives.    I wish he could do something about his shot mechanics.  While watching an endless amount of basketball these last few days, I have concentrated on watching the good shooters.  They have the pretty follow through with the perfect spin.

I don't know if Brewer's athleticism can overcome his weakness in shooting form and percentage from the outside.  Can he make a living on stealing the ball and shooting layups; rebounding and put backs.

Hope the best for Ronnie, hope he stays.

hogtheball

I'll think he'll play point guard in the NBA.  He's going to have to get more intense on D to be good.  His shot is ugly, but not terrible.  He's not going to get drafted by anybody looking for a shooter.    His 3pt. percentage isn't terrible, just average.  His athletic ability and ball-handling are awesome for somebody his size.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Burnt Orange Sucks

TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

merccedes

nobballconcept

my source sits close to ron sr. at games.  said to be seen with ron sr. talking to three agents outside of AA after the game.  I am told he is gone.

mtownhog

His draft stock will be much higher if he goes into the draft this year.  With the new 19 year old rule coming in place this year all the high schoolers must now attend college for one year.  Next year when all these college freshmen declare for the draft, RBs stock will fall.  This year he is projected as a lottery pick, next year he might not go until late in the first round.  Although I don't want it to happen, it would be smarter for him to leave this year.

EastMemphisHog

i think that rule goes into affect next year. Might be wrong though

J.A.Y.

Rule is in effect this year. Ronnie LEAVE!  No one will hate you for securing your future. We love you for playing your heart out for the Hogs. Make us proud.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

RBLtoHOG

This weekend I talked to one of my mom's friends in the Players bar at the Adams Mark. He happens to be good friends with Ron Sr. Choose to believe me or not, that's your choice, but he said "Regardless of what you hear from everybody, Ronnie WILL be back next year." SO once again you choose to believe what you want but I, for one, am not gonna worry about it ;)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

HogFanZito

He's is good, but not great.  I would like for him to come back, but it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't. 

HogFanZito

Oops, please excuse poorly written post (He's is).  Got in a hurry. 

Kevin

he maybe gone. i think he has trouble at the next level right now.  he has trouble beating people off the dribble.  that is what the next level is all about. 

isn't brewer's game similar to julius hodge out of ncst?  drafted in the 1st round but now playing in the nbdl.  not a judgement but a question.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mbgrulz

lets dont forget that we still have to wait on the pro days and the workouts that players will do for the scouts. things could go a long ways in either direction depending on those workouts. lets just hope that he doesnt even attend those workouts and he just says screw the NBA for now.

hopefully he stays, but i think we've seen the last of ronnie brewer.

freedomcounty

He's gone. He dropped down to 11th on NBAdraft.net, but there's no way he turns down lottery pick money.

hogs24

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on March 19, 2006, 09:33:56 pm
This weekend I talked to one of my mom's friends in the Players bar at the Adams Mark. He happens to be good friends with Ron Sr. Choose to believe me or not, that's your choice, but he said "Regardless of what you hear from everybody, Ronnie WILL be back next year." SO once again you choose to believe what you want but I, for one, am not gonna worry about it ;)
+1 just cause I'm a homer 1 more Ronnie!!!
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now.