Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AD Prospects

Started by harrisburghog, September 16, 2015, 01:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

If I was Mack, I'd be happy that I escaped when I did. Tejas is too big for their breetchs.
This is my non-signature signature.

HogWall Jackson

At this time this Job = Waterloo for any man on that list. Texas has just about every kind of Problem a School with such rich Tradition can have except for NCAA Violations and being short on Funds. Mack Brown is much smarter than I thought. The biggest problem for any New A.D. is these Fans and Alumni want "Microwave Solutions" to their Problems. I don't see that happening. It will take a 5 year type Plan to rebuild the mess and then you are still in the Big 12. Texas should have come to the SEC way back there with A&M when they were 1st discussing it. The Longhorn Network is an Anchor around their neck.

All I can say is Stay Tuned!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 16, 2015, 01:13:37 pm
If I was Mack, I'd be happy that I escaped when I did. Tejas is too big for their breetchs.
It is projected that Texas may ZERO players drafted in the next NFL draft.  Making it two years in a row.  That's on Mack Brown, not Charlie Strong.  You make it sound like Texas treated Mack unfairly?

NuttinItUp

Any AD worth their salt should be smart enough not to touch that job with a 10 foot pole.

hawgon

I knew Long was on that list without even clicking on the link just by the responses in this thread.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgon on September 16, 2015, 01:46:23 pm
I knew Long was on that list without even clicking on the link just by the responses in this thread.

I knew he would be on the list without needing a list published. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

lahawg1

Tom Jurich (Louisville AD) if Charlie Strong has any chance of survival there.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

I can't see mack as ad.  I guess he could raise cash for them though. 

aar0n

Long has already turned the job down once before Patterson was hired, don't see him jumping ship not even 2 years later. 

And the Texas funds may be fairly deep at this time, but there have been several articles lately about them slipping and being broke within 6(+/-) years at the same rate of decline as the last 3 years. 

Any AD that's not completely blinded by the name will avoid UT like the plague.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: aar0n on September 16, 2015, 02:16:48 pm
Long has already turned the job down once before Patterson was hired 

That depends on who you talk too.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 16, 2015, 01:49:04 pm
Tom Jurich (Louisville AD) if Charlie Strong has any chance of survival there.

Then Petrino to Tejas.......

He'd fit in just fine down there.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 16, 2015, 02:25:31 pm
Then Petrino to Tejas.......

He'd fit in just fine down there.

No he wouldn't.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

HogWall Jackson

Long has already turned the job down once before Patterson was hired, don't see him jumping ship not even 2 years later. 

And the Texas funds may be fairly deep at this time, but there have been several articles lately about them slipping and being broke within 6(+/-) years at the same rate of decline as the last 3 years. 

Not True.

aar0n

blunts4mallett

Sure buddy  ;)

aar0n

Quote from: blunts4mallett on September 16, 2015, 02:29:03 pm
Sure buddy  ;)

Unlike their coaching search, which was kept under wraps really well, their AD search was more out in the open.  It's been confirmed by both sides that Long was offered the job. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2015, 02:27:25 pm
Have you seen the women in Austin ???

Yes I have. It's a gun toting state though...............

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: aar0n on September 16, 2015, 02:30:20 pm
Unlike their coaching search, which was kept under wraps really well, their AD search was more out in the open.  It's been confirmed by both sides that Long was offered the job. 

and you can post proof since you say it was confirmed...............................

EastexHawg

The idea of anything at the University of Texas being broke and destitute is beyond hilarious.

Hoggie17

Jeff Long was named best AD in the country by The Sports Business Journal earlier this year. In addition to that he is serving as the chairman of the first ever College Football Playoff selection committee. Texas could not find a better man for the job.  I expect that they will try to hire him and make no mistake, if its money no one can outbid Texas. Jeff would do an excellant job at Texas.

I have one question would he take CBB with him?

elviscat

Jeff Long, to Texas according to inside sources.

Hoggard

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 16, 2015, 03:29:04 pm
Jeff Long was named best AD in the country by The Sports Business Journal earlier this year. In addition to that he is serving as the chairman of the first ever College Football Playoff selection committee. Texas could not find a better man for the job.  I expect that they will try to hire him and make no mistake, if its money no one can outbid Texas. Jeff would do an excellant job at Texas.

Do you really think we could get that lucky ?
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggard on September 16, 2015, 05:55:09 pm
Do you really think we could get that lucky ?

We would be luckier if you would leave instead.

ricepig

Quote from: elviscat on September 16, 2015, 03:38:37 pm

The one's inside of your head? They've already said the hire won't come until after the first of the year.

Da Porker

Whats the love for Long for??  For every good thing one of you might point out (i can't think of any off hand), I'll reply with 2 bad things....I sincerely hope that Yankee carpetbagger goes anywhere outside the borders of this state - anywhere
Go Hogs

bigbadhog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 16, 2015, 03:29:04 pm

Yes, please.  He should be forced to...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Da Porker on September 16, 2015, 06:15:10 pm
Whats the love for Long for??  For every good thing one of you might point out (i can't think of any off hand), I'll reply with 2 bad things....I sincerely hope that Yankee carpetbagger goes anywhere outside the borders of this state - anywhere

All you idiots dogging Long for different reasons don't have a clue. Especially those that use terminology that was used 150 years ago and no longer applies in the modern world.   

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 16, 2015, 01:28:00 pm
It is projected that Texas may ZERO players drafted in the next NFL draft.  Making it two years in a row.  That's on Mack Brown, not Charlie Strong.  You make it sound like Texas treated Mack unfairly?

Nope. But I still wouldn't want much to do with the AD position any time soon.

Hoggard

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 16, 2015, 05:59:25 pm
We would be luckier if you would leave instead.

Yeah god forbid we have expectations. Time to go all MSM for your boy Houston. I mean Bielema. Right ?
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Hoggard

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 17, 2015, 08:25:27 am
All you idiots dogging Long for different reasons don't have a clue. Especially those that use terminology that was used 150 years ago and no longer applies in the modern world.

Insulting other posters is against the rules here. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are as lacking as your ability to evaluate coaches and AD's ?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: elviscat on September 16, 2015, 03:38:37 pm

Let us hope and pray NOT....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggard on September 17, 2015, 04:06:49 pm
Insulting other posters is against the rules here. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are as lacking as your ability to evaluate coaches and AD's ?

Just like you I didn't give any specific names did I.......................so who's lacking reading comprehension skills..............Hmmmmmmmmm. Besides I don't evaluate my Coaches or AD's strictly on wins and losses. It is a factor but not the only factor.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 17, 2015, 04:13:00 pm
Let us hope and pray NOT....

I hope he stays as well but nobody is irreplaceable. I've already hinted as to who imho I think would be a good one if Jeff left.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggard on September 17, 2015, 04:04:40 pm
Yeah god forbid we have expectations. Time to go all MSM for your boy Houston. I mean Bielema. Right ?

He's not my boy ...........he's the coach at my Alma Mater so I'll support him until a certain time has passed. For him this isn't it. There are a lot of factors involved in that time and that is why it is variable for each coach imho. It doesn't make sense to get all emotional and go ballistic and get childish over it. Besides it isn't our decision to make when he stays or goes.

Bowfishinghogfan

Da Porker

where is the list of all the great things this ruler has done?? that's what i thought...
Go Hogs

ricepig

Quote from: Da Porker on September 17, 2015, 06:18:53 pm
where is the list of all the great things this ruler has done?? that's what i thought...

Pretty sure that's why Texass fired him........