Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AD Steve Patterson Fired

Started by Hoggy Bear, September 15, 2015, 08:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 11:27:36 am
You guys want us to become even more of a joke on the national scene?  Run off Jeff Long.  That'll do it.  Good luck finding a decent replacement if you run of the AD of the year and CFP committee chairman.  I can't think of a more dumb thing to do.
this. let's run off the last respectable thing we have. it sure isn't football or basketball at the moment. so let's get rid of it all and make it a hat trick. (I'm sure half of you won't even get the reference) SMH

hawgon

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 11:29:10 am
this. let's run off the last respectable thing we have. it sure isn't football or basketball at the moment. so let's get rid of it all and make it a hat trick. (I'm sure half of you won't even get the reference) SMH

I'm sure the irony of your post escapes you.

presidenthog

Quote from: hawgon on September 15, 2015, 11:31:43 am
I'm sure the irony of your post escapes you.
I know it goes from the top down, but guess what it's not JL'S fault we lost that game. it was our piss poor preparation. it's also not JL'S fault that our basketball program can't recruit and decided to recruit broke idiots who tried to get around it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 11:34:27 am
I know it goes from the top down, but guess what it's not JL'S fault we lost that game. it was our piss poor preparation. it's also not JL'S fault that our basketball program can't recruit and decided to recruit broke idiots who tried to get around it.

It is his fault that he hired a guy who provided piss poor preparation and a guy that can't recruit.  That said, I think he didn't have much of a choice with the MA hire.  It was what most of the fans and donors wanted.  It was the obvious choice.  CBB, to me, was a good hire.  We saw results last season, but we've seen some regression as of Saturday.  Whether or not he rights the ship is what decides if Long made the wrong decision when he hired him. 

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 11:39:26 am
It is his fault that he hired a guy who provided piss poor preparation and a guy that can't recruit.  That said, I think he didn't have much of a choice with the MA hire.  It was what most of the fans and donors wanted.  It was the obvious choice.  CBB, to me, was a good hire.  We saw results last season, but we've seen some regression as of Saturday.  Whether or not he rights the ship is what decides if Long made the wrong decision when he hired him.
agreed. I had so much faith in CBB before the loss. I still have faith. I'm still numb from the loss, but I'm going to wait and see. this might be our loss to indiana. this might be the beginning of the end. time will tell.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 11:46:03 am
agreed. I had so much faith in CBB before the loss. I still have faith. I'm still numb from the loss, but I'm going to wait and see. this might be our loss to indiana. this might be the beginning of the end. time will tell.

This.  It's a HUGE red flag.  But it may be a fluke loss, or it may end up being something more worrisome.  I'm not going to decide either way just yet.  The TT game will tell us a LOT about what to expect.  If we struggle with them, it's gonna be a long year because the players have every reason to be focused, ready, and dominate.  If they don't, they may not have it in them.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 11:29:10 am
this. let's run off the last respectable thing we have.
Razorback baseball has made the NCAA tournament 14 years straight with 4 CWS appearances in that time.  That sounds pretty respectable to me.

-phil

presidenthog

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on September 15, 2015, 11:55:49 am
Razorback baseball has made the NCAA tournament 14 years straight with 4 CWS appearances in that time.  That sounds pretty respectable to me.

-phil
Maybe it's just me but I have baseball in a different catagory because it doesn't turn a profit. not hating just the way it is now a days.

I still have respect for vanhorn.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 12:06:27 pm
Maybe it's just me but I have baseball in a different catagory because it doesn't turn a profit. not hating just the way it is now a days.

I thought they were one of the few baseball programs that actually did turn a profit. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

RME

Arkansas baseball does turn a profit. It may not be much, but it's one of the few schools that does.

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 11:50:25 am
This.  It's a HUGE red flag.  But it may be a fluke loss, or it may end up being something more worrisome.  I'm not going to decide either way just yet.  The TT game will tell us a LOT about what to expect.  If we struggle with them, it's gonna be a long year because the players have every reason to be focused, ready, and dominate.  If they don't, they may not have it in them.
i got blasted for telling everyone I didn't buy our oline hype. the attitude isn't there anymore, and we wasn't that great at running against good competition last year. I also got blasted for saying we would miss jwill after the UTEP game. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for saying losing keon is just as big as losing JWill. the fact is up until now I've been right. I still believe in CBB. I hope I'm right again.

presidenthog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 15, 2015, 12:10:07 pm
Arkansas baseball does turn a profit. It may not be much, but it's one of the few schools that does.
thx for that info.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 12:11:59 pm
i got blasted for telling everyone I didn't buy our oline hype. the attitude isn't there anymore, and we wasn't that great at running against good competition last year. I also got blasted for saying we would miss jwill after the UTEP game. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for saying losing keon is just as big as losing JWill. the fact is up until now I've been right. I still believe in CBB. I hope I'm right again.

Anyone who thought we wouldn't miss JWill was a moron.  But we do have plenty of those around here.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

I don't understand what money has to do with respect, particularly in amateur athletics.  I respect a person or program when they achieve with hard work.  I respect someone who speaks their mind and keeps their word.

I have no respect for Steve Jobs even though he amassed a huge fortune and built one of the biggest companies in the world.

I respect my father even though he had to work long hours all of his life, until his skin literally cracked from the work,  just to provide a meager existence for his family.  Because of his efforts I was able to get a good education which led to a good job and a comfortable life for my wife and kids.

There are so many more things to respect about the U of A than the football or basketball program despite those being the two that make the money.  The track team is legendary, I'm sure others sports achieve similar results with little to no notoriety thanks to the fickleness of the American public.  There are several world class research and academic programs that the U of A offers as well.

I respect Jeff Long and think he is good for the U of A, but I don't believe he's the last respectable thing that we have.  I appreciate that you were using some hyperbole to make your point but it's a pet peeve of mine that so many great aspects of the U of A and Arkansas in general don't get the respect they deserve.

-phil

60 Minutes of Hell

You guys want us to become even more of a joke on the national scene?  Run off Jeff Long.  That'll do it.  Good luck finding a decent replacement if you run of the AD of the year and CFP committee chairman.  I can't think of a more dumb thing to do.

Just wait.  Some of these guys aren't even drunk yet.
What a fool I used to be.

Calling All Hogs

Not sure we have enough money in the budget to give Jeff Long a raise since we will probably be buying Enos' contract out in a few weeks.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 15, 2015, 01:04:31 pm
Not sure we have enough money in the budget to give Jeff Long a raise since we will probably be buying Enos' contract out in a few weeks.

damn there it is
This is my non-signature signature.

zane

/thread
RIP LSUfan

PorkRinds

I seriously doubt it.

DeltaBoy

Bah LOL Texas failed to set up his contract with a severance clause so they will have to pay him 1.4 million the next 4 years or make a Balloon payment ..
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

Let's get back on topic. Is Patterson gone or not.

I love talking about Texas's real problems more than our perceived ones.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Mr. Porkleone

To the clowns that say Long should jump or go are plain crazy. JL has been great for the Razorbacks. Frank never would hire a top tier guy cause he never wanted his legacy threatened. He passed on Bill Self in BB. He passed on Jimmy Johnson and many more in FB. Jeff Long not always right. But he's a good AD

ricepig

hoglady

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 15, 2015, 01:16:38 pm
Let's get back on topic. Is Patterson gone or not.

I love talking about Texas's real problems more than our perceived ones.

Yes he's been fired.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

blunts4mallett

Well you could fire a head coach that led your program to the Sugar Bowl and Cotton Bowl over two consecutive years...

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2015, 01:29:41 pm
That's not official.......yet.

He's fired, they are just figuring out the severance package.

pigture perfect

He doesn't stay anywhere very long does he? He will find work again soon I think.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 15, 2015, 01:23:46 pm
To the clowns that say Long should jump or go are plain crazy. JL has been great for the Razorbacks. Frank never would hire a top tier guy cause he never wanted his legacy threatened. He passed on Bill Self in BB. He passed on Jimmy Johnson and many more in FB. Jeff Long not always right. But he's a good AD

Truth ! Frank always put his Legacy before the UA.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 12:11:59 pm

Wrong thread sir..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2015, 01:30:55 pm
He's fired, they are just figuring out the severance package.

I don't doubt it. She was making it sound official. It probably is happening due to all the rumblings but nothing official................yet.

Rzbakfromwaybak

This is no surprise, everyone could see this coming, only question was when.  Texas should have made it sooner.

Unbelievable that Texas would have hired someone like him in the first place.  He came right in & made enemies with legend Longhorn players, to the elite boosters. He basically turned everything upside down. They got just what they deserved.....a loser.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

goodguytex

And all over one. Loss in LR to Toledo?? Give me a breakhere! If we had just throttled them 42-16 not one person would be criticizing Long. One loss and it's Long needs to go. Just emotional nonsense.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: goodguytex on September 15, 2015, 01:49:51 pm
And all over one. Loss in LR to Toledo?? Give me a breakhere! If we had just throttled them 42-16 not one person would be criticizing Long. One loss and it's Long needs to go. Just emotional nonsense.

Once again ............. wrong thread. Ya'll keep it up and I bet this thread gets locked fast.

EastexHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2015, 10:17:56 am
Folks I heard rumblings less than 6 months after he been hired.  He acted holier than thou and disrespected Red McComb and other rich Texas Boosters before the ink got good and dry on his contract, He was dismissive of Long Horn Legendary Players and Staff. He blew money remodeling his office. A local Texas Booster said Tommy Noblis had to be restrained a meet and greet after Patterson apparently insulted him.  He was a Dumpster Fire Hire.

I would pay good money to see Tommy Nobis' 70 year old arse on Patterson like white on rice.  Nobis would still drop him like a bad habit.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2015, 01:57:53 pm
I would pay good money to see Tommy Nobis' 70 year old arse on Patterson like white on rice.  Nobis would still drop him like a bad habit.

But what would Tommy Noblis do to him?

Sorry Delta.  Couldn't resist.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HoggyCat

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 15, 2015, 09:26:13 am
Long is the best AD in the country and Arkansas is blessed that he is a Hog.   What in the h*ll is wrong with you?

And here folks is another sheep that has been blinded by the light.

What makes him the best AD? I'm highly curious.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: goodguytex on September 15, 2015, 01:49:51 pm

Well, you're wrong on so many levels.

It's not "just one loss". It's Rutgers, MSU and LSU in '13. It's Alabama, Texas A&M, Mizzou last year.

And as far as Jeffi....  Yeah, I've been critical of him since the basketball scandal of 2009, and he's been nothing but lousy since.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 15, 2015, 01:23:46 pm
Not disagreeing with your point but Frank did not pass on Bill Self. Self got a counter offer to stay at Illinois. To hire him Arkansas would have had to pay him more than Nolan had been getting. John White was worried about Nolan suing the university so he would not give Frank permission to pay Self more than Nolan. That botched opportunity was on White not Frank.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 15, 2015, 02:12:57 pm

It's not "just one loss". It's Rutgers, MSU and LSU in '13. It's Alabama, Texas A&M, Mizzou last year.

And as far as Jeffi....  Yeah, I've been critical of him since the basketball scandal of 2009, and he's been nothing but lousy since.
Enjoy the free shots you and other have been taking over the last few days. I've known Lanny for a long time. He has a policy of letting fans vent following losses like this one. But he will only let this forum be a dumpster fire for so long. When he pulls back on the reins some of you are going to be out of here if you keep this up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 15, 2015, 02:25:22 pm
Enjoy the free shots you and other have been taking over the last few days. I've known Lanny for a long time. He has a policy of letting fans vent following losses like this one. But he will only let this forum be a dumpster fire for so long. When he pulls back on the reins some of you are going to be out of here if you keep this up.

Can't come too soon.  I just hope we beat TT. IF we don't, this joint may not be salvageable.

Pig in the Pokey

tw'ould be epic to see the ridicule that would ensue.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

sickboy

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 15, 2015, 02:12:57 pm

Am I gathering that your expectations are that we should win every game? Is that what I'm gathering?

And how in the world could you say that Long was lousy since 2009?!?! At that point -- our football program was better than it had been since the early to mid 80's and two years later we were in our first BCS bowl as a program. I question your sanity if from 2009-2011 you thought Long was lousy.

hogsfan31

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 10:38:47 am
You idiots need to run a serious check.  We could have an AD like Patterson.  Instead we got a good one, and you guys want to run him off.  It's really stupid.  Like window licking stupid.

Agreed

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 10:38:47 am
You idiots need to run a serious check.  We could have an AD like Patterson.  Instead we got a good one, and you guys want to run him off.  It's really stupid.  Like window licking stupid.

Agree, but I would have said it is "a$$ licking stupid".....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

texas tush hog

Quote from: FWF79 on September 15, 2015, 08:59:48 am
Maybe Long will go to TEXASSSSSSS

He likes money and nobody has more than Texas.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 15, 2015, 02:25:22 pm

So in other words, they do what the clintons do.... Silence the people that can sink their ship with truth? If there was anything being said that's not factual, ban me, delete it, whatever. But to silence someone because Jeffi who whomever is has them in his hip pocket..... Your all a bunch of presstitutes that only push sunshine and rainbows because you're scared of losing a little privilege.

hogsfan31

Quote from: sickboy on September 15, 2015, 02:35:20 pm
Am I gathering that your expectations are that we should win every game? Is that what I'm gathering?

And how in the world could you say that Long was lousy since 2009?!?! At that point -- our football program was better than it had been since the early to mid 80's and two years later we were in our first BCS bowl as a program. I question your sanity if from 2009-2011 you thought Long was lousy.

He's the type of fan that thinks Nick Saban would come coach at Arkansas and is miserable every year no matter who the coach is.

HoggyCat

Quote from: sickboy on September 15, 2015, 02:35:20 pm

What did Long do from '09 to '11 exactly??  Oh wait, in '09 he shook a coach's hand that treated rape the same as stealing someone's donut. What else am I missing??

HoggyCat

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 02:26:19 pm
Can't come too soon.  I just hope we beat TT. IF we don't, this joint may not be salvageable.

"I just hope we beat Texas tech".  Wow. See, even the huggers are doubters. So why are we arguing??