Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AD Steve Patterson Fired

Started by Hoggy Bear, September 15, 2015, 08:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 15, 2015, 01:16:38 pm
Let's get back on topic. Is Patterson gone or not.

I love talking about Texas's real problems more than our perceived ones.

So losing to a MAC team year 3 under Bert isn't a problem....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsfan31 on September 15, 2015, 04:23:47 pm
He's the type of fan that thinks Nick Saban would come coach at Arkansas and is miserable every year no matter who the coach is.

Why would anyone want him he lost to ULM........................He's as bad as JLS.  Sorry couldn't resist.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JoeyCapital

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 15, 2015, 04:04:41 pm
So in other words, they do what the clintons do.... Silence the people that can sink their ship with truth? If there was anything being said that's not factual, ban me, delete it, whatever. But to silence someone because Jeffi who whomever is has them in his hip pocket..... Your all a bunch of presstitutes that only push sunshine and rainbows because you're scared of losing a little privilege.
So Lanny and hogville are the Clintons, or JL and the whole athletic dept are the Clintons and they have Lanny and hogville in their pockets?

I'm so confused, but I'm really glad I immortalized your post, cuz I don't think it's gonna be around for long.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

ricepig

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Ya think the coach is also on the hot seat now?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hoglady

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 15, 2015, 06:12:21 pm
Ya think the coach is also on the hot seat now?

When the guy who hired you is gone - I would think Charlie's seat just got a whole lot warmer.
He's not winning games and he probably has little to no support from the boosters / and he's made some of the Texas high school coaches mad.
Bad situation to be in.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoglady on September 15, 2015, 06:17:52 pm
When the guy who hired you is gone - I would think Charlie's seat just got a whole lot warmer.
He's not winning games and he probably has little to no support from the boosters / and he's made some of the Texas high school coaches mad.
Bad situation to be in.

He might be there another couple of years.  From what I heard Patterson pretty much screwed everyone over in Athletics.  I'm betting strong is very happy to see him gone.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

pigture perfect

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 15, 2015, 05:38:01 pm
So losing to a MAC team year 3 under Bret isn't a problem....
there are 450 other threads about that. This thread was about The problems of Texas.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 15, 2015, 09:02:13 pm
He might be there another couple of years.  From what I heard Patterson pretty much screwed everyone over in Athletics.  I'm betting strong is very happy to see him gone.   

You are right.
I was reading an article that said Patterson even made Strong mad.
Fired the media relations guy without getting any input from Strong. This was a guy Strong was with on a daily basis and it sounded like a close friend. Strong said the guy was fantastic and he loved him. He was really upset about it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

Patterson BURNED too many Bridges so good bye and good riddance.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2015, 08:42:25 am
Patterson BURNED too many Bridges so good bye and good riddance.

Actually it is too bad he was fired as he did a good job of maintaining the Texass dumpster fire........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)