Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AD Steve Patterson Fired

Started by Hoggy Bear, September 15, 2015, 08:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

LRHawg

Well color me shocked! SHOCKED!

I had hoped he would have at least lasted another year. Maybe 3?

COACHINTEXAS

Will be fired today
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on September 15, 2015, 08:46:30 am
Gone after 18 months

He isn't gone yet. May happen today. If you have a link that confirms his actual firing, please post it. Here is what I found.

Steve Patterson, the media-savvy Texas Athletic Director who loves the spotlight, is expected to be fired by the school today according to the Austin American-Statesman.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/15/steve-patterson-fired-texas-athletic-director/
Go Hogs Go!

HoggyCat

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2015, 08:54:06 am
, the media-savvy Athletic Director who loves the spotlight

Sounds familiar, but hey.... We TOO have honor.  And integrity. The only difference texass fans have balls to buck the system instead of convincing themselves to do it "the right way".....

@jefflongUA: "I believe in ICA & Higher Ed there are ideals more important than Wins & Losses. If the leaders don't set the example...who will?"
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

FWF79

MuskogeeHogFan

This thread isn't about Jeff Long. Let's stay on topic.
Go Hogs Go!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hoglady

Well - Charlie just lost whatever security and time he had.
He better hope there is major improvement throughout the year - or he'll be the next getting a pink slip.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hoggie17

Don't mess with Texas.... football that is.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 15, 2015, 09:08:26 am
Don't mess with Texas.... football that is.  Hire a football coach that doesn't win and you are gone.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TXrazorback

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 15, 2015, 08:59:00 am

Sounds familiar, but hey.... We TOO have honor.  And integrity. The only difference texass fans have balls to buck the system instead of convincing themselves to do it "the right way".....

@jefflongUA: "I believe in ICA & Higher Ed there are ideals more important than Wins & Losses. If the leaders don't set the example...who will?"

Way to add to the conversation jackwagon...

Patterson definitely made some enemies.  22 months and out the door, WOW.

One policy that just blew my mind was that any Texas season ticket holder who was "grandfathered" in regards to donations was not able to resale tickets...that's absurd.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

WorfHog

Their branding efforts in Dubai will take a serious hit.  ;)

I kind of hoped he'd stay around for a long time. They'll probably hire someone competent now. 

hawgon

They need to look for someone with serious credentials.  Someone who has weathered tough times.  Someone who has won Athletic Director of the Year.

Rmsllc

Texas should take a Long look at their list of candidates to replace patterson

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Rmsllc on September 15, 2015, 09:23:23 am
Texas should take a Long look at their list of candidates to replace patterson

Long is the best AD in the country and Arkansas is blessed that he is a Hog.   What in the h*ll is wrong with you?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

zane

This means Jeff Long will get a raise from the UofA
RIP LSUfan

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TXrazorback on September 15, 2015, 09:17:27 am
Way to add to the conversation jackwagon...

Patterson definitely made some enemies.  22 months and out the door, WOW.

One policy that just blew my mind was that any Texas season ticket holder who was "grandfathered" in regards to donations was not able to resale tickets...that's absurd.

This
This is my non-signature signature.

chitwnhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 15, 2015, 09:26:13 am
Long is the best AD in the country and Arkansas is blessed that he is a Hog.   What in the h*ll is wrong with you?

He's an idiot with 44 posts.

mweston

The flagship radio station of UT has said the meeting has occurred and they are just wrapping up loose ends. (Buy out, etc.)

blunts4mallett

Quote from: hawgon on September 15, 2015, 09:20:06 am
They need to look for someone with serious credentials.  Someone who has weathered tough times.  Someone who has won Athletic Director of the Year.

I see what you did there. +1

Hoggie17

Applaud! +1

harrisburghog

If the Chancellor and Board are dumb enough to give Long another raise because he supposedly gets an offer from Texas they should both be removed.

ricepig

Quote from: harrisburghog on September 15, 2015, 10:04:56 am
If the Chancellor and Board are dumb enough to give Long another raise because he supposedly gets an offer from Texas they should both be removed.

Hopefully they will double his salary and your donation level to pay for it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BadHog

;)

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

Folks I heard rumblings less than 6 months after he been hired.  He acted holier than thou and disrespected Red McComb and other rich Texas Boosters before the ink got good and dry on his contract, He was dismissive of Long Horn Legendary Players and Staff. He blew money remodeling his office. A local Texas Booster said Tommy Noblis had to be restrained a meet and greet after Patterson apparently insulted him.  He was a Dumpster Fire Hire.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HogWall Jackson

He earned it. I heard the last straw was putting the Baseball Team on a 7.5 hours to Stillwater, OK instead of flying them to their games as they had always done.

The NewEra

This is really disappointing news.  Patterson had that program headed just the direction I was hoping for.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2015, 10:17:56 am
Folks I heard rumblings less than 6 months after he been hired.  He acted holier than thou and disrespected Red McComb and other rich Texas Boosters before the ink got good and dry on his contract, He was dismissive of Long Horn Legendary Players and Staff. He blew money remodeling his office. A local Texas Booster said Tommy Noblis had to be restrained a meet and greet after Patterson apparently insulted him.  He was a Dumpster Fire Hire.
I am shocked and dismayed to know that sort of personality exists in Austin. ROFLOL. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BadHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2015, 10:17:56 am

hmmm...disrespected long time boosters? Dismissive of legendary players and staff?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BadHog on September 15, 2015, 10:25:18 am
hmmm...disrespected long time boosters? Dismissive of legendary players and staff?

Sounds a little too much like Jeff Long????

harrisburghog

Quote from: harrisburghog on Today at 10:04:56 am

Hopefully they will double his salary and your donation level to pay for it.

Hopefully he's negotiating his Texas contract today and announced at a presser at 5.00 PM today. 

PorkRinds

You idiots need to run a serious check.  We could have an AD like Patterson.  Instead we got a good one, and you guys want to run him off.  It's really stupid.  Like window licking stupid.

hog911

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 10:38:47 am
You idiots need to run a serious check.  We could have an AD like Patterson.  Instead we got a good one, and you guys want to run him off.  It's really stupid.  Like window licking stupid.
we are one of the few AD'S that make money.... like 1 of 10 maybe less. yes let's run Jeff long off even though he somehow turned a profit when we had JLS and brets first year. everyone of you old idiots calling for his head are the same stupid Ilk who called him a yankie and that was your reason for hating him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on September 15, 2015, 11:02:48 am
we are one of the few AD'S that make money.... like 1 of 10 maybe less. yes let's run Jeff long off even though he somehow turned a profit when we had JLS and brets first year. everyone of you old idiots calling for his head are the same stupid Ilk who called him a yankie and that was your reason for hating him.

It's the very same people.

zane

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2015, 10:38:47 am
RIP LSUfan

PharmacistHog

I think carpetbagger was the proper term. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Ex-Trumpet

Again, Hogville's finest rear their heads.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

That isn't anything new.  We were one of the few making money when Frank Broyles was here.  We've always been profitable and we've never charged a student fee or any of that other mess unless they have started over the last few years.

RME

Quote from: hawgon on September 15, 2015, 11:09:14 am
That isn't anything new.  We were one of the few making money when Frank Broyles was here.  We've always been profitable and we've never charged a student fee or any of that other mess unless they have started over the last few years.

Student fee for what? Games/tickets? If so, they absolutely charge students to get into games.

hawgon

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 15, 2015, 11:12:21 am
Student fee for what? Games/tickets? If so, they absolutely charge students to get into games.

No, most universities have a student fee assessment that is added to every student's tuition that goes to the athletic department.

RME

Quote from: hawgon on September 15, 2015, 11:14:16 am
No, most universities have a student fee assessment that is added to every student's tuition that goes to the athletic department.

My bad

PharmacistHog

I can't imagine why anybody would want to get rid of Long.  Some of you folks are nuts. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ThisTeetsTaken

Hate to see anyone lose their job especially this guy.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PorkRinds

You guys want us to become even more of a joke on the national scene?  Run off Jeff Long.  That'll do it.  Good luck finding a decent replacement if you run of the AD of the year and CFP committee chairman.  I can't think of a more dumb thing to do.