Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill

Started by Prestworthy, September 07, 2015, 09:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

Not in 3-deep. A case of another AR kid getting lost in the shuffle out of state?

Calling All Hogs

I assume he is red shirting this year.

TomasPistola

or a Freshman WR on a loaded team. Take your pick.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hoggusamoungus

Prestworthy

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 07, 2015, 09:14:36 pm
or a Freshman WR on a loaded team. Take your pick.
Typically, blue chip WR's don't redshirt.

ChicoHog

I read that Ohio st has about 35-40 guys off this roster that will be drafted.  Tremendous amount of talent.   Most talent on any team since the 2005 USC squad. 

MAL3

Wondered how long before this thread started...

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Hogfather

Dude will sit like Tenpenny and flunk out or transfer.  So sad...

Prestworthy

Quote from: MAL3 on September 07, 2015, 09:18:44 pm
Wondered how long before this thread started...
No opinion? Just wanted to post?

MAL3

Quote from: Prestworthy on September 07, 2015, 09:28:18 pm
No opinion? Just wanted to post?
The insinuation by most is he should have stayed home and played in state. Let the guy do what he wants to do and wish him well! Move on!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 07, 2015, 09:27:43 pm
Dude will sit like Tenpenny and flunk out or transfer.  So sad...

This makes you look like a hater. Js. :-\ :'( :-\ >:(
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Paul

Quote from: MAL3 on September 07, 2015, 09:30:15 pm
The insinuation by most is he should have stayed home and played in state. Let the guy do what he wants to do and wish him well! Move on!
r agree. Let's not mention him again. This is a Razorback board.

Hoggish1

reddogjcss

I wish him no harm, at home the entire state would help him succeed in football and life. Good luck in OHIO.

bkjacks

yraciv

One of only 3 True FR to crack the depth chart it looks like to me.  Considering Ohio State is has something like 10 draft picks in McShay's Top 150, and has brought in multiple Top 10 classes, I'd say that is rather impressive.  No ill will to KJ.  He had other options and he chose to play for the best team in the nation with a proven track record.  I don't get how anyone can truly blame him.

lrcentral

So stay at home and play for a 6-6 team or go to the playoffs every year with Ohio State? That is a hard choice. You guys are acting like a scorned ex wife. Be happy for a local kid trying to make it out in the real world.

The Hogfather

Quote from: lrcentral on September 07, 2015, 10:45:28 pm
So stay at home and play for a 6-6 team or go to the playoffs every year with Ohio State? That is a hard choice. You guys are acting like a scorned ex wife. Be happy for a local kid trying to make it out in the real world.

Actually play or sit the bench and "earn" a trip to the playoffs every year (by playing maybe 1 ranked team a year).

Hogarusa

I just don't understand how you guys can't root for an Arkansas kid trying to succeed at one of the most successful football programs in America.  Would have been great for him to be a Hog, he chose to go elsewhere.  Move it along.  He has 4-5 years to be a success.

Pretty small of you to peg the kid a failure after the first game of his career
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 08, 2015, 07:48:15 am
I just don't understand how you guys can't root for an Arkansas kid trying to succeed at one of the most successful football programs in America.  Would have been great for him to be a Hog, he chose to go elsewhere.  Move it along.  He has 4-5 years to be a success.

Pretty small of you to peg the kid a failure after the first game of his career

I'm not rooting against him.  I think he made a poor choice and I think he'll end up sitting the bench, getting frustrated, and leaving, without fulfilling his goals at OSU.  That's my opinion.

If he is happy at OSU, I'm happy for him.  I just think a lot of these kids think the grass is greener on the other side until they actually get to these places and end up disgruntled/frustrated.

I know guys like Altee Tenpenny can't be happy with their choice, despite the fact they get to sit on the bench for successful teams.  I'm sure they'd tell you the same if they were completely candid about it.

ChicoHog

Where did Tenpenny transfer?

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 08, 2015, 09:35:32 am

Nicholls St I believe, that should be fun.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 08, 2015, 09:35:32 am

From Alabama:  UNLV
From UNLV:  Nicholls St.

The Hogfather

From an article about ending up at Nicholls State:

QuoteTenpenny was a four-star member of the Tide's 2013 recruiting class, rated as the No. 8 back in the country; the No. 1 player at any position in the state of Arkansas; and the No. 53 player overall by Rivals.com. Despite that impressive recruiting profile, Tenpenny didn't contribute more than a couple of cents during his brief stay in Tuscaloosa.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/27/dismissed-by-unlv-ex-bama-rb-altee-tenpenny-heads-to-fcs/

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 08, 2015, 08:22:43 am
I'm not rooting against him.  I think he made a poor choice and I think he'll end up sitting the bench, getting frustrated, and leaving, without fulfilling his goals at OSU.  That's my opinion.

If you really aren't rooting against him, why would you say you don't think he will fulfill his goals at OSU (whatever they may be). Do you think he isn't good enough for OSU but would have been better at Arkansas? If that is true, it sounds like you are saying we suck so much that a guy that couldn't make it at OSU could have had an impact at Arkansas.

I hate that he left but I do think that he was and is a dynamic player. Hope he gets to show it at OSU. Would have meant much more to see him show it for the home state though without question.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Wildhog

I am absolutely rooting against him.  Every Arkansas kid that spurns an offer from us and goes on to flop somewhere else is another testament to staying home and playing for the Hogs.  He would have played a lot for us this year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 08, 2015, 11:13:30 am
If you really aren't rooting against him, why would you say you don't think he will fulfill his goals at OSU (whatever they may be). Do you think he isn't good enough for OSU but would have been better at Arkansas? If that is true, it sounds like you are saying we suck so much that a guy that couldn't make it at OSU could have had an impact at Arkansas.

OSU is much more talented than we are at the WR position.  So yes, there are guys that wouldn't make it at OSU that would definitely play at Arkansas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hogfather

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 08, 2015, 11:13:30 am
If you really aren't rooting against him, why would you say you don't think he will fulfill his goals at OSU (whatever they may be).

Oh, because I don't think he will fulfill his goals at OSU (unless his goals are to sit the bench and have little impact for OSU on the football field).  I'm not rooting against him.  At all.  That's just what I think is going to happen.

Just because I think something will happen doesn't mean I want it to happen.  I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

I don't think Arkansas will win the National Championship this year.  Does that mean I don't want them to?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Wildhog on September 08, 2015, 11:24:31 am
I am absolutely rooting against him.  Every Arkansas kid that spurns an offer from us and goes on to flop somewhere else is another testament to staying home and playing for the Hogs.  He would have played a lot for us this year.

I do believe he made a bad career decision as well, but I have no idea what caused that decision behind the scenes.  Whole thing seemed really shady.

PorkRinds

Same here.  I draw the line at wishing an injury on someone, but I hope KJ fails completely and his step dad has to work for himself again at some point instead of riding KJ's coat tails.

onebadrubi

It's not irrational or immature to hope KJ can't break through the depth chart at OSU after his handlers handling here.  If he were to have handled his similar to the Dlineman out of NWA or even Tennpenny, I'd hope him the best, but after that dubacle, I will not be rooting for him one bit. 

Hogarusa

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 08, 2015, 11:44:15 am
It's not irrational or immature to hope KJ can't break through the depth chart at OSU after his handlers handling here. 

Actually....

it is. Cmon mang
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 08, 2015, 01:54:58 pm
Actually....

it is. Cmon mang

No it isn't.  After what he pulled, why would we wish him well?  After all that garbage, never having to hear his name again is preferable to him being a star at O$U.  I hope their money was not well spent and the cash they gave his step daddy was useless.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 08, 2015, 11:27:43 am
Oh, because I don't think he will fulfill his goals at OSU (unless his goals are to sit the bench and have little impact for OSU on the football field).  I'm not rooting against him.  At all.  That's just what I think is going to happen.

Just because I think something will happen doesn't mean I want it to happen.  I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

I don't think Arkansas will win the National Championship this year.  Does that mean I don't want them to?

Well... I think someone did say that he was one of only three true freshmen to crack the 3 deep chart. So, that looks like progress on his part.

RME

What a big bad man you are. Rooting against an 18-year old kid who has a chance to play for the best college football team in the country. Flop? The dude just had his first game as a collegiate athlete. We know nothing of how he will do. But, you wouldn't know anything about this because you're not, nor were you ever, a blue chip prospect with every college coach in the country knocking on your door. Grow up.

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Thank you Mrs Hill

ricepig

RME

TomasPistola

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 08, 2015, 05:17:17 pm
Yay for intelligent banter.

I kinda expected Ryan Mallett's ego to be a little more light hearted.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

RME

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 08, 2015, 05:34:13 pm
I kinda expected Ryan Mallett's ego to be a little more light hearted.

I'm still recovering from the hit I took when Hoyer was named the starter over me

husker71

I hope he does well there  never playing against us   and then goes to the NFL and makes a good living there.  Do not know him at all just cant see why that would bother anybody

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 08, 2015, 05:48:11 pm
I'm still recovering from the hit I took when Hoyer was named the starter over me

;D

Dr. Starcs

Yeah I hope every d-1 athlete from Arkansas goes somewhere else.

Wildhog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 08, 2015, 03:59:05 pm
What a big bad man you are. Rooting against an 18-year old kid who has a chance to play for the best college football team in the country. Flop? The dude just had his first game as a collegiate athlete. We know nothing of how he will do. But, you wouldn't know anything about this because you're not, nor were you ever, a blue chip prospect with every college coach in the country knocking on your door. Grow up.

It must kill you to know that I don't give two quarter-sh*ts what you think about anything, ever.

Hope he never plays a down.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2015, 02:15:30 pm
It must kill you to know that I don't give two quarter-sh*ts what you think about anything, ever.

Hope the kid never plays a down.

I'm with Wildhog.  RyanMallettsEgo needs to get a scantron and sit down.

RME

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2015, 02:15:30 pm

Hope he never plays a down.

I'll go ahead and add two more quarters to that and make it a full. I don't care what Hill does. I don't care whether he plays or not. But to bash a kid on arguably the biggest decision of his life just because you as a sad fan don't agree with it, is just that. Sad.

And you are 100% correct, sir. It kills me. The fact that an anonymous keyboard warrior on a fan forum doesn't agree with me...now that. That permeates so deeply into my stream of consciousness that I am now questioning my existence as to even find a point to it if I cannot gain your approval.

RME

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 09, 2015, 02:17:33 pm
I'm with Wildhog.  RyanMallettsEgo needs to get a scantron and sit down.

-1 for lack of originality