Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enter Sandman

Started by 95_alum, September 07, 2015, 07:08:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

95_alum

Props to Virginia Tech. Blasting Metallica's Enter Sandman when the team hits the field. Their fans are down with it.

rhames

They have done that for awhile
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

95_alum

pigbacon

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

NuttinItUp

Great entrance. The crowd is loud.

HawgLife4Eva

Rooting for Va Tech, but they have a tall task ahead of them.

Love the crowd enthusiasm.

95_alum

(notOM)Rebel123

That place was rocking. Cool intro!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HawgLife4Eva

Oklahawg

Sigh.

Wish we didn't have these silly threads pop up 10 times a season. We have a number of signature cheers and spirit songs that help define UA as unique. Why mess with that?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

14erHog

What should the Hogs entrance music be?
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

rhames

Quote from: 95_alum on September 07, 2015, 07:10:22 pm
Thoughts?

It looked good but it isn't hard for fans to get pumped up for playing the number one team.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: 14erHog on September 07, 2015, 07:20:20 pm

Why do we need a entrance song?

NuttinItUp

Good job Ohio State on their first drive. Va Tech is moving it a little but having trouble.

Torqued pork

As worn out as it is, there are much worse intros that could be used.

Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? by Culture Club comes to mind.

HawgLife4Eva

OSU defense is smothering Va Tech.

HawgLife4Eva

14-0 now.

This could turn into a route fast.

ricepig

PonderinHog

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on September 07, 2015, 07:31:36 pm
Route 66??
Some sort of route!

Va Tech is moving it a little now, but they need points on the board.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 07, 2015, 07:20:15 pm
Sigh.

Wish we didn't have these silly threads pop up 10 times a season. We have a number of signature cheers and spirit songs that help define UA as unique. Why mess with that?
C'mon, man....don't go Positive Pete on us. The Va Tech house was rocking. It's no diss on the UofA. Yeah, that "wolf Hog Call" is so cool. 1/3 of our fans can't get that right.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 07, 2015, 07:34:35 pm
C'mon, man....don't go Positive Pete on us. The Va Tech house was rocking. It's no diss on the UofA. Yeah, that "wolf Hog Call" is so cool. 1/3 of our fans can't get that right.

I'm an old man, but every game when then band heads north in the "A" I still get fired up. We seem to change it up on the introduction every few years, so maybe that's our tradition.

Albert Einswine

Ohio State looks pretty polished for 1st game so far. I hate that.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 07, 2015, 07:44:26 pm

I agree. I thought it would be more of a game.

HoggusMaximus

They look very good, and have a cupcake schedule. Easy mode into the playoffs.

They literally have 1 challenging game and that's against Michigan State.

NuttinItUp

Neither team can make a field goal.

Bubba's Bruisers

They are an elite SEC type team with a Big10 schedule.  Will sprint through the nothing schedule all the way to the playoff most years.  Probably the best gig in CFB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Albert Einswine

I hate to say it but OSU got hosed on that incomplete pass ruling.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

TomasPistola

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 07, 2015, 07:47:16 pm

It's Urb. He'll drop one he shouldn't. Always does. Won't be tonight though. Urb is gonna run it up on Va Tech.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 07, 2015, 07:47:16 pm

It's how they made the playoff last season.  They had the schedule that allowed them to work through their kinks and then peaked in the end. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 07, 2015, 07:50:21 pm
It's Urb. He'll drop one he shouldn't. Always does. Won't be tonight though. Urb is gonna run it up on Va Tech.

I bet he doesn't.  Not in today's Big10. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 07, 2015, 07:50:21 pm

Would be an absolute thing of beauty if Harbaugh could will a miracle out of Michigan against them in his inaugural season.

Cinco de Hogo

Hard to judge but they both look a little slow to me.  The Arkansas game only last about an hour and fifteen minutes.  This game looks like it could go on for three hours.

Slow-mo?

It took Elliott at least two minutes to run 80 yards.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

NuttinItUp

14-7...TD on the wheel route.

bigbadhog

Quote from: 14erHog on September 07, 2015, 07:20:20 pm

Welcome to the jungle GNR
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Albert Einswine

Hokies get on the board for 6! PAT makes it 14-7

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HoggusMaximus

That fullback juked him outa his shoes.

Lets go VT!

lahawg1

14-7....GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!

bigbadhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 07, 2015, 07:57:23 pm
14-7...TD on the wheel route.

I miss the wheel route - that was my favorite play for 4 seasons...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

NuttinItUp

TomasPistola

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 07, 2015, 07:58:12 pm
That fullback juked him outa his shoes.

He could end up being the Hero of the day.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Torqued pork

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 07, 2015, 07:26:37 pm
OSU defense is smothering Va Tech.

It is going to take a QB like Boykin at TCU or Watson at Clemson to have success against Ohio State's Defense.

Non-mobile or not very mobile QBs are not going to cut it over an entire game against their Defense.  Their Defensive technique and pursuit ability is too high level.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: bigbadhog on September 07, 2015, 07:58:45 pm

Blast from the past for sure.

ricepig

Quote from: bigbadhog on September 07, 2015, 07:58:45 pm

We've run it the last two years.