Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Double Your Enjoyment of Yesterday . . . Take a Stroll Over to Shaggy Bevo!

Started by ronsooie, September 06, 2015, 09:56:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 06, 2015, 07:25:57 pm
Mack Brown isn't the one who keeps running Tyrone Swoopes out there at QB. He's beyond awful.  He can't pass, he's not an effective runner, and he makes poor decisions.  Other than that, he just plain stinks.

Strong has to answer for going through an offseason and into this season with Swoopes as his starter.  He got a first hand look at him last year and is still going with him.  He has no excuse.  It would be impossible to give a shot to another QB and have him play any worse.

I'm shocked he's still back there, too.
But he's got to have a QB who can run - with that Oline one who can't will be killed.
Mack decimated that Oline - Strong is having to start 2 or 3 true freshman / that usually spells doomsday for any offense.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

It's hard to hate Stong like I am accustomed to hating the Longhorns. I love watching them lose, but Strong is a good guy. It's kinda bittersweet in an "I'm from Batesville kinda way".
This is my non-signature signature.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Break & Run

So over their last two games, Texass has lost a combined 69-10.

LMFAO..."we are texas"...yeah, y'all suck! LMFAO
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 06, 2015, 09:57:15 pm
Exactly.  We need Texas to be good again and be the "it" team in Texas to take away some of the attention from the gosh darn aggies.  I'm starting to dislike A&M as much as Auburn.

To be fair, the rise of Baylor and TCU have had an effect on things in the state of Texas recruiting as well.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogBreath

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 06, 2015, 03:30:24 pm
Strong is probably kicking himself for not taking the Tennessee job.  He didn't while waiting for a "perceived" better job, and now he is seeing what kind of a garbage situation is a "perceived" better job.

It is thought that if Steve Spurrier retires, Strong may be a candidate for South Carolina's Head Coach position.
Probably not by anyone in South Carolina.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Calling All Hogs

What are Texas goals for this season? To finally score in double digits? To hold at least one team to under 30 points?

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoglady on September 06, 2015, 10:45:52 pm
I'm shocked he's still back there, too.
But he's got to have a QB who can run - with that Oline one who can't will be killed.
Mack decimated that Oline - Strong is having to start 2 or 3 true freshman / that usually spells doomsday for any offense.

But he's not a good runner.  He ran 10 times for 17 yards against Notre Dame after carrying 37 times for a combined 21 yards in their last five games last year.  My Longhorn fan friends can't figure out why Strong isn't letting another QB get some experience and seeing what he can do.

greasy_corner

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 06, 2015, 03:27:18 pm
I thought this was hilarious in their A&M game thread:

They really hate the Aggies.

No, they really hate oklahomo. 

Aggie is just the drunk inbred uncle that won't shut up enough so they can get it on with one of their cousins at the reunion. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

pigture perfect

I've noticed the LHN isn't showing recent games either. As in their last 3-4.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: greasy_corner on September 07, 2015, 09:30:42 pm

No, they really hate oklahomo. 

Aggie is just the drunk inbred uncle that won't shut up enough so they can get it on with one of their cousins at the reunion. 

I'd say when you have a verse of your fight song dedicated to a school, then you probably hate that school. (Both Texas and Texas A&M towards each other.)

elksnort

PorkRinds

My favorite post over there...

QuoteJust $#@!ing surreal. $#@! this coaching staff. Just a bunch of $#@!ing incompetent $#@!ers. The only thing that would make me feel better is Watson ritualistically disembowelling himself on the danged 50 yard line whilst apologizing for getting blood on the turf.

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

DeltaBoy

hoglady

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2015, 08:46:58 am
I expect it to crash when Rice wins this weekend.

Charlie would be a lame duck just waiting for the inevitable if that happens.
That's just something I don't think he could overcome.
I hated it when he took that stinking job and as of now it's not looking like a good career move.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 07, 2015, 09:23:42 pm
But he's not a good runner.  He ran 10 times for 17 yards against Notre Dame after carrying 37 times for a combined 21 yards in their last five games last year.  My Longhorn fan friends can't figure out why Strong isn't letting another QB get some experience and seeing what he can do.

Charlie better make some changes pretty fast or Swopes better improve his play.
He reminds me of Les Miles with Jordan Jefferson - sticking with a totally inept QB.
LSU had the talent to overcome poor QB play - Texas does not.

DeltaBoy

TomasPistola

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2015, 08:45:38 pm
HE got a new OC this afternoon.

Sorta. Just promoted his WR coach and demoted his wonder twins that were the Co-OC's.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hoggard

God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

DeltaBoy