Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Double Your Enjoyment of Yesterday . . . Take a Stroll Over to Shaggy Bevo!

Started by ronsooie, September 06, 2015, 09:56:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ronsooie

Can't have a better Sunday A.M. than this.  A Hog victory and a Texas beat down.  To quote Conan the Barbarian when asked, 'What's best in life?' 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!' Go over to ShaggyBevo and check it out! Tis EPIC!

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/forumdisplay.php/7
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."

zane

RIP LSUfan

Buff

Quote from: ronsooie on September 06, 2015, 09:56:20 am
To quote Conan the Barbarian when asked, 'What's best in life?' 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!'

I thought Bobby Petrino was the one who said that.  Either way, I feel bad for Charlie being stuck there but I thoroughly enjoyed that beat down.

ronsooie

Quote from: Buff on September 06, 2015, 10:24:16 am
I thought Bobby Petrino was the one who said that.  Either way, I feel bad for Charlie being stuck there but I thoroughly enjoyed that beat down.

Maybe it was Conan O'Brien . . . Whoever, it's still unbelievably satisfying to hear the t sips cry!
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ronsooie on September 06, 2015, 09:56:20 am
Can't have a better Sunday A.M. than this.  A Hog victory and a Texas beat down.  To quote Conan the Barbarian when asked, 'What's best in life?' 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!' Go over to ShaggyBevo and check it out! Tis EPIC!

Not trying to be too much of a stickler, however, shaggytexas is the actual site. I found that out recently when I tried following the old connection with no luck whatsoever. Having said that, perusing this morning the UT site is truly a pleasure!!!

hogcard1964

Quote from: zane on September 06, 2015, 10:15:03 am
They are legit afraid of losing to Rice next week

If they lose that game, Strong will be fired Sunday morning.

Birminghog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 06, 2015, 10:33:09 am
Not trying to be too much of a stickler, however, shaggytexas is the actual site. I found that out recently when I tried following the old connection with no luck whatsoever. Having said that, perusing this morning the UT site is truly a pleasure!!!

Too bad. ShaggyBevo is a much better name. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

ronsooie

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 06, 2015, 10:33:09 am

It will always be Shaggy Bevo to me :)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ronsooie on September 06, 2015, 10:51:41 am
It will always be Shaggy Bevo to me :)
While I understand, and can even agree, in defense of the poor "steaks on the hoof" ole Bevo wanted to totally disassociate himself from the program "that only the mother of a UT player could love" down in Austin.  After all, there is a law against cruelty to animals. Can you really blame him?! ??? ::hornsdown::

ronsooie

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 06, 2015, 10:56:08 am
While I understand, and can even agree, in defense of the poor "steaks on the hoof" ole Bevo wanted to totally disassociate himself from the program "that only the mother of a UT player could love" down in Austin.  After all, there is a law against cruelty to animals. Can you really blame him?! ??? ::hornsdown::

I swear I saw the poor animal standing on the sideline with a paper bag on his head! Someone should call the SPCA, or at least Sarah Mclachlan from those sad dog commercials.

Mike Irwin

Strong is not a fit in that environment. He's too old school. He needs to go somewhere where the players don't have an sense of entitlement and where the school administrators want a football coach, not a politically correct PR expert. 

ronsooie

I swear I saw the poor animal standing on the sideline with a paper bag on his head! Someone should call the SPCA, or at least Sarah Mclachlan from those sad dog commercials.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol.  Read a few pages of their game thread from yesterday.  Complete meltdown.

Most are stunned at what is happening to their team, & believe that Strong is going to soon be history.  Many saying that this is the worst game ever they have seen Texas play.  Then, several references from other Longhorn fans that say...."you must have missed the Arkansas game last year"..... :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

reddogjcss

Been in total melt down for few years now! Thank u Lord for getting the Razorbacks back on track.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 06, 2015, 11:07:12 am
Strong is not a fit in that environment. He's too old school. He needs to go somewhere where the players don't have an sense of entitlement and where the school administrators want a football coach, not a politically correct PR expert. 
After this year.....Charlie Strong will be Vanderbilt's next coach. 
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

NuttinItUp

GoHogs1091

Strong is probably kicking himself for not taking the Tennessee job.  He didn't while waiting for a "perceived" better job, and now he is seeing what kind of a garbage situation is a "perceived" better job.

It is thought that if Steve Spurrier retires, Strong may be a candidate for South Carolina's Head Coach position.

pigture perfect

Page 4 shows lots of Giddy anticipation, page 8 shows a little concern. Page 16 anger. By page 24, everyone is on suicide watch.

There is little to no chance that we could see a rematch of the Texas bowl.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Vantage 8 dude

Loved what one of their poster added to the "I'm S#@ing Embarrassed thread: "Get some friggin' pride and put a bag over Shaggy's head already"..... 8) :) :D ;D :P

Must admit I couldn't have said it better myself. I know I should feel guilty for some reason in taking such delicious pleasure and delight in the whoren's suffering....NAH! I'm certainly NOT that saintly!! ;D

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 06, 2015, 03:34:25 pm
Page 4 shows lots of Giddy anticipation, page 8 shows a little concern. Page 16 anger. By page 24, everyone is on suicide watch.

There is little to no chance that we could see a rematch of the Texas bowl.

Because Texas won't be bowl eligible even with their Big whatever schedule.  I feel bad for Strong, but not for Texas.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 06, 2015, 11:07:12 am

Completely agree.  I like Strong and was hoping this job would work out for him.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wild Bill Hog

If Charlie's not on thin ice yet, he's got to be hearing a few cracking sounds.

EastexHawg

Swoopes is an absolutely atrocious excuse for a QB. Why is Strong still playing him?  He's coaching a program that should be able to recruit itself.  He should be able to find a QB who is at least serviceable.

I heard last year that Strong turned off a lot of Texas high school coaches with his dismissive attitude.

Regardless, he has to get away from Swoopes.  A blind man can see he's not a big time QB.

moses_007

Charlie Strong's days at Texas are numbered if he doesn't produce some offense.  They are pitiful.

Michael_E_Davis

I wouldn't delight in their misery too much if I were you.  A few years down the road we could be in the exact same boat with a new coach if Bielema feels he has accomplished what he wanted here and moves on to the NFL or Iowa.  I'm not saying it's going to happen,  but it could.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

ChicoHog

They looked at as bad as they did against us in the bowl game.   I was talking to a guy today who said he will be fired this year.  I just don't see it.  He has to get 3 years barring an off the field embarrassment issue.  They are just so bad on offense. No QB and a weak line.  I still think they will win 6 games but if he does not win 8 or 9 in year 3 he may be gone.

scruf

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 06, 2015, 04:14:13 pm
Swoopes is an absolutely atrocious excuse for a QB. Why is Strong still playing him?  He's coaching a program that should be able to recruit itself.  He should be able to find a QB who is at least serviceable.

I heard last year that Strong turned off a lot of Texas high school coaches with his dismissive attitude.

Regardless, he has to get away from Swoopes.  A blind man can see he's not a big time QB.

I feel the same way about Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. He's absolute garbage.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 06, 2015, 05:12:42 pm
They looked at as bad as they did against us in the bowl game.   I was talking to a guy today who said he will be fired this year.  I just don't see it.  He has to get 3 years barring an off the field embarrassment issue.  They are just so bad on offense. No QB and a weak line.  I still think they will win 6 games but if he does not win 8 or 9 in year 3 he may be gone.
I'm honestly not sure, at least based on what they showed last night, I could see six wins out of their schedule this year.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: scruf on September 06, 2015, 05:14:55 pm
I feel the same way about Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. He's absolute garbage.
Key is he attends AWbarn.......that says it all right there!!

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: GirlHog on September 06, 2015, 05:11:48 pm
I understand what you're saying, but is there a reason to feel sorry for them today?

Another quote...."If we loose to Rice, we just have to face the fact that we are loosers." And that's the exact spelling.

Don't give them too hard of a time for their spelling. We have some people on here who have no idea of the difference between the words "too", "to", and "two"...or..."their", "they're", and "there".

"Loosers" is probably one of the worst, though.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Chuck Beavers

Quote from: GirlHog on September 06, 2015, 05:11:48 pm
Another quote...."If we loose to Rice, we just have to face the fact that we are loosers." And that's the exact spelling. 

That was an intentional joke. Someone started a thread, "What if we loose to Rice?". Claimed it was iPhone autocorrect, but then everyone started using "loose". Sort of like, "I just ...".

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Arky

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 06, 2015, 05:06:28 pm
I wouldn't delight in their misery too much if I were you.  A few years down the road we could be in the exact same boat with a new coach if Bielema feels he has accomplished what he wanted here and moves on to the NFL or Iowa.  I'm not saying it's going to happen,  but it could.
Tuck Fexas.

DeltaBoy

This is better than the Bowl Thread last year. I feel bad for my Fellow Arkansan but not Texas$ .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thefisher

Here is a dandy little ditty from one of the Texass fans... ,

This is where I am.

Hypothetical, you have to drive from Dallas to Austin, stopping to lick the toilet seat in every gas station bathroom for 200 miles, or watch every second of the rest of this season?

Tough call. 

HAHHHAAHHHAAA  ::hornsdown::
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

hoglady

Some of the Texas fans have some sense and understand how deep the problems are with that program / and that most everything that is happening now can be laid at the feet of Mack Brown.

My favorite post on the site - in a Mack Brown thread.

"I was hanging out outside the stadium talking to some very nice ND fans.

"What you're about to see is a team that is almost entirely devoid of junior or senior talent."
- "Well Texas produces some of the best players in the country."
"Just watch. You'll see."

And they did.

What Mack Brown did to this program as he rode his paycheck into retirement cannot be undone in 2 or even 3 years."
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

tlmack

Strong isn't going anywhere. He is rebuilding,changing the entire culture. We know first hand how that is. I like Charlie Strong,can't stand T.U.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hoglady on September 06, 2015, 06:42:56 pm
Some of the Texas fans have some sense and understand how deep the problems are with that program / and that most everything that is happening now can be laid at the feet of Mack Brown.

My favorite post on the site - in a Mack Brown thread.

"I was hanging out outside the stadium talking to some very nice ND fans.

"What you're about to see is a team that is almost entirely devoid of junior or senior talent."
- "Well Texas produces some of the best players in the country."
"Just watch. You'll see."

And they did.

What Mack Brown did to this program as he rode his paycheck into retirement cannot be undone in 2 or even 3 years."

Which is another reason Texas A&M scares me so much over the next couple years. A big part of the Aggies' out-of-character (& previously unheard-of) top 10 recruiting classes for 2013 and 2014 were because Texas was so historically low, compared to their previous standards, losing out on many of the in-state battles for kids.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 06, 2015, 05:30:11 pm
Don't give them too hard of a time for their spelling. We have some people on here who have no idea of the difference between the words "too", "to", and "two"...or..."their", "they're", and "there".

"Loosers" is probably one of the worst, though.

add than and then to that list..............
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

EastexHawg

Mack Brown isn't the one who keeps running Tyrone Swoopes out there at QB. He's beyond awful.  He can't pass, he's not an effective runner, and he makes poor decisions.  Other than that, he just plain stinks.

Strong has to answer for going through an offseason and into this season with Swoopes as his starter.  He got a first hand look at him last year and is still going with him.  He has no excuse.  It would be impossible to give a shot to another QB and have him play any worse.

snoblind

A fellow Hogvillian put it in perfect perspective last night.  We are in our mid 50's and it has always been a given that Texas gets the recruits they want in Texas.  His comment?  Just think, a #1 QB prospect committed to staying in Texas would go to A&M, Baylor, TCU or maybe even SMU (now that they have Morris as HC) before they would go to Texas.

Hoggard

This post is just weird  ? From the fire Charlie thread. Guess we just don't have as many female posters on Hogville.

SubliminalHorn
asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Silver Club SubliminalHorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    How many hot guys there?
    Tons. That made it better

God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

ChicoHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 06, 2015, 06:53:05 pm
Which is another reason Texas A&M scares me so much over the next couple years. A big part of the Aggies' out-of-character (& previously unheard-of) top 10 recruiting classes for 2013 and 2014 were because Texas was so historically low, compared to their previous standards, losing out on many of the in-state battles for kids.
Exactly.  We need Texas to be good again and be the "it" team in Texas to take away some of the attention from the gosh darn aggies.  I'm starting to dislike A&M as much as Auburn.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality