Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NSD - Early Enrollee advantage

Started by Thepigdoctor, February 04, 2015, 09:17:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

I love how "boring" our signing days are becoming. CBB and staff are not just signing kids, they are getting big chunks of our class on campus ahead of schedule. There is such a huge advantage to getting that head start. Spring semester always seemed easier to me for some reason. These kids get a chance to experience college life, develop a routine, and get started in the weight room months ahead of most that wait until NSD for their big reveal party. Can take that kid who was borderline 3/4 star because of his body, and have them ready to contribute as a true freshman.

I see this trend really continuing as this staff has our classes locked up further and further in advance. There are just so many advantages to having these kids already on campus with a full semester under their belts to adjust to college life. Almost 30% of our class is already on campus and won't be jumping into fall practice in a whirlwind of life adjustment. I just don't think this impact can be overstated.

Great day to be a Hog, WPS!

Simple Swineman

Exactly right. Just imagine if we had 22 commits going in to today and we closed with something like Froholdt, Ledbetter, and Gragg. This place would be going nuts and would make for one heck of a signing day party.

But these guys are already signed and on campus preparing for spring practice and we are stuck with a "boring" signing day. I love it.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Simple Swineman on February 04, 2015, 09:23:30 am
Exactly right. Just imagine if we had 22 commits going in to today and we closed with something like Froholdt, Ledbetter, and Gragg. This place would be going nuts and would make for one heck of a signing day party.

But these guys are already signed and on campus preparing for spring practice and we are stuck with a "boring" signing day. I love it.

Excellent post and exactly right. In years past, we may never have seen kids like Froholdt end up at Arkansas, and at best would be refreshing feeds repeatedly hoping to see a kid of his caliber pick us on NSD. What a difference this staff makes, not only signing highly talented and recruited kids, but getting them on campus and working while so many others are dying for that spotlight moment NSD brings. It's all about attitude and our kids have it, just like this staff. I love these kids, don't need a me first spotlight moment, they just committed and went to work. Love to see this mentality, so refreshing in this day and age, and will lead to great individual moments as these kids excel on the playing field.

I couldn't be happier with this class, this coaching staff, and am so proud of the program.

jm

Maybe the best part is that they have an extra semester and hopefully graduate before the NFL  combine ( for those invited). So often they pass up that last semester to prepare for the draft.