Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official NSD Thread

Started by Peter Porker, February 04, 2015, 05:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: KMB90 on February 04, 2015, 10:55:39 am
Coach Pittman just said on the NSD show that Jalen Merrick will play tackle even though the recruiting sites have him listed as a guard.

Fixes some of our tackle issues.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2015, 10:22:20 am
Robert Yates (@RobertYates1982) tweeted at 10:21 AM on Wed, Feb 04, 2015:
Dominique Reed on choosing #Arkansas. "I just wanted to come home and play for my home state." Said he will graduate from Coffeyville in May
(https://twitter.com/RobertYates1982/status/563009450647486464?s=03)

^^^THAT IS AWESOME!!!^^^

Exactly the kind of home state pride and attitude we need, love it and can't wait to see him on the field.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hog N Bama

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 10:55:08 am
Unreal.  They don't even have to offer a scholarship to beat out other schools.

It's not even fair sometimes.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 10:06:02 am
Reed

YEAH BABY!! WOOO PIG! Welcome home Dominique! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

WorfHog

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 10:59:12 am
It's not even fair sometimes.

Maybe they learned from the Philon situation and arranged some tuition assistance.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2015, 11:08:23 am
Dominique Reed

http://arkrazor.com/nsd15/reed.html

I am happy with the 2015 WRs all three can contribute right away if they need to. The current WRs on the team will also be better in 2015 (Keon may have a breakout year) and we are adding JoJo into the mix. I think we will be OK at WRs. Adding the talent we have at RB and TE into the equation it will be hard to prepare for the Hogs' offense. 

Tim Harris

Tim Harris

Danny J

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 11:33:24 am
RW3

Just listened to his interview and talk about well spoken. That is what I love about this class. All good kids, great character to go along with their on the field talent. What a great recruiting class.

Tim Harris

Kevin

i like the class.

the interviews i am hearing, they sound like men, with a purpose.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

HoggyStyle07

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 04, 2015, 11:37:55 am
Any chance he gets our last scholarship if we don't find anyone else to fill it?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Phillips-49728

Very doubtful. He's already agreed to walk-on and has an academic scholarship. The last spot will most likely go to a transfer or some kid who was asked to gray shirt at another school.
#BeUncommon #WPS

BrianWPS!!

swinesation

I feel very good about our offensive talent. We're strong at every position on offense. The concern is defense. Losing Philon, Flowers, and Spaight is going to be hard to overcome. We have no proven playmakers on DL or LB. We look solid at CB and probably OK at safety. Will we be OK at DL & LB. That's the question.

WooPig90

Quote from: HoggyStyle07 on February 04, 2015, 11:42:14 am
Very doubtful. He's already agreed to walk-on and has an academic scholarship. The last spot will most likely go to a transfer or some kid who was asked to gray shirt at another school.

A transfer has nothing to do with the 25 spots in this class

Tim Harris

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema  4m4 minutes ago
All 24 are signed and officially in the Razorback family. Built with 10 from AR, 5 from FL, 4 from TX. Class is strong & eager! #WoooPig

BENJAMINX

Welcome to all, looks like a great class.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 11:48:45 am
Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema  4m4 minutes ago
All 24 are signed and officially in the Razorback family. Built with 10 from AR, 5 from FL, 4 from TX. Class is strong & eager! #WoooPig

Laying the foundation brick by brick.

Great things to come, WPS!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Uncommon

Wow.  Talk about a quick NSD.  Today was more like National Signing 4 Hours.  NS4H

Boardon Hamsay

I work with a couple UT alums and noticed this morning the vols had a couple webcams streaming their fax machine room and "war room" with an updating list of LOIs received. Had an NFL draft feel to it and thought it was a cool touch Any thoughts on the Hogs getting something similar in the future? I liked our web coverage but might be an enhancement for future NSDs.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

JayBell

If you actually followed recruiting and you're not just counting up stars, it's hard not to be impressed by this year's class.  I mean, even by stars, this ranks as one of the best classes ever at Arkansas, but it's more than that.  They addressed every area on the field.  Pittman continues to bring in some of the best offensive linemen in the country.  Arkansas continues to be strong on the defensive line and at tight end.  The quality of receivers, defensive backs and linebackers have improved dramatically since Bielema arrived.

Literally my only concern is that Williams is the only running back.  Considering the style of this offense, you'd hope Arkansas could bring in another big time running back.  Jonathan Williams and possibly Collins are gone after this season.  It might be a little worrisome heading into 2016 if Arkansas' running backs are Walker, Evans, Day and Rawleigh.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on February 04, 2015, 12:33:47 pm
I work with a couple UT alums and noticed this morning the vols had a couple webcams streaming their fax machine room and "war room" with an updating list of LOIs received. Had an NFL draft feel to it and thought it was a cool touch Any thoughts on the Hogs getting something similar in the future? I liked our web coverage but might be an enhancement for future NSDs.
I bet you see us continue to evolve the experience. Already leaps better than just 4 years ago. I bet as they get the other areas of the program where they want them this type of thing will inch up the priority list

secneahog

Quote from: JayBell on February 04, 2015, 12:41:26 pm
If you actually followed recruiting and you're not just counting up stars, it's hard not to be impressed by this year's class.  I mean, even by stars, this ranks as one of the best classes ever at Arkansas, but it's more than that.  They addressed every area on the field.  Pittman continues to bring in some of the best offensive linemen in the country.  Arkansas continues to be strong on the defensive line and at tight end.  The quality of receivers, defensive backs and linebackers have improved dramatically since Bielema arrived.

Literally my only concern is that Williams is the only running back.  Considering the style of this offense, you'd hope Arkansas could bring in another big time running back.  Jonathan Williams and possibly Collins are gone after this season.  It might be a little worrisome heading into 2016 if Arkansas' running backs are Walker, Evans, Day and Rawleigh.

AC won't be leaving early. ..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JayBell

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 12:46:47 pmAC won't be leaving early. ..
Philon shouldn't have left early either, IMO, but it's still good to have some cover.  Arkansas could be very, very green at one of its most important positions in 2016.  Bielema may need another Collins-level signing to fill that void.

secneahog

Quote from: swinesation on February 04, 2015, 11:47:45 am
I feel very good about our offensive talent. We're strong at every position on offense. The concern is defense. Losing Philon, Flowers, and Spaight is going to be hard to overcome. We have no proven playmakers on DL or LB. We look solid at CB and probably OK at safety. Will we be OK at DL & LB. That's the question.

That's what spring and fall practice is for. We didn't have a true playmaker at lber last year.  Spaight just exploded on the scene. We have alot going on at lber.

Ellis.
Williams.
Hackett.
Eugene.
Ramsey.
Graham.
Kendrick Jackson. 
Dre Greenlaw.

Gonna be nice competition.   :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: JayBell on February 04, 2015, 12:54:13 pm
Philon shouldn't have left early either, IMO, but it's still good to have some cover.  Arkansas could be very, very green at one of its most important positions in 2016.  Bielema may need another Collins-level signing to fill that void.

Big difference between a elite dt vs a elite rb. Rbs just don't go that high anymore unless you're a absolute beast.

As it sits right now in the mock draft philon goes ahead of flowers.

The rb spot is for sure the least of my worries.  You can plug in a true freshman if need be and he can get a 1000 yards if your oline and scheme is good.

PaintballHog

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 12:58:02 pm
Big difference between a elite dt vs a elite rb. Rbs just don't go that high anymore unless you're a absolute beast.

As it sits right now in the mock draft philon goes ahead of flowers.

link?

The only mock I've seen was flowers 2-3 round and philon 7-FA

secneahog

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 12:59:53 pm
link?

The only mock I've seen was flowers 2-3 round and philon 7-FA

Yeah I'll have to start digging. Believe it was philon to the dolphins round 3 and flowers to Minnesota later in round 3.

Killean

I wouldn't pay any attention to mock drafts until after the combine, especially for the lower rounds.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 01:04:13 pm
Yeah I'll have to start digging. Believe it was philon to the dolphins round 3 and flowers to Minnesota later in round 3.

It was Bleacher Report.

GolfnHog

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Smokehouse

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 04, 2015, 12:41:41 pm
I bet you see us continue to evolve the experience. Already leaps better than just 4 years ago. I bet as they get the other areas of the program where they want them this type of thing will inch up the priority list

The production quality of everything today was really impressive compared to previous years. Not sure if they changed whoever is in charge of that stuff within the past 3-4 years but it's gone from embarrassing quality to solid work.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Seebs

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 04, 2015, 01:07:35 pm
It was Bleacher Report.

The difference between Hogville and Bleacher Report?  Bleacher Report pays their writers to be wrong. We do it for free on Hogville.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RedyorNot

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 04, 2015, 01:07:35 pm
It was Bleacher Report.

It was also on nfldraftscout.com. I posted it awhile back, but it had his ranking and potential draft spot which was mid 3rd round.

Tim Harris

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 10:54:14 am
TJ Smith

http://instagram.com/p/yr7gJDwd14/
Isn't that the coach that used to coach at Hoover... That was in the MTV show two-a-days??

Piggage

Quote from: JayBell on February 04, 2015, 12:41:26 pm
I mean, even by stars, this ranks as one of the best classes ever at Arkansas, but it's more than that.  They addressed every area on the field. 

This is one thing the recruiting services can't take into consideration and shouldn't try to.

If a school that has a crying need for DE's picks up a couple of average DE's but takes two 4* RB's just because they wanted to come and were easy to recruit, the 4* RB's will boost that school's recruiting ranking just as much as they would for a school that was in desperate need of them.

I wonder how many schools ranked ahead of us in recruiting are getting some players they don't completely need and leaving a potential hole or two unplugged?