Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official NSD Thread

Started by Peter Porker, February 04, 2015, 05:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

discombobulationist

You can tell Derrick Graham's mom isn't running off with the LOI, haha. Love her shirt, looks like she had it custom made just for the signing.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

wildhogman

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 08:43:18 am
Bell is in.   Is the punter the only guy left?
Its not 7 AM on the west coast yet. Give the kid time to wake up and find his pen to sign with ;)

cypert2

The nits take over every thread on here.
Swinging on the two and the four.

navyhog24

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2015, 08:46:51 am
Willie Sykes talks to Coach Bielema

http://youtu.be/JLdWnpSYOlc

That's awesome how Beliema is really good with these recruits. He just relates to them really well.

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 08:43:18 am
Bell is in.   Is the punter the only guy left?
The punter is in California so they have to wait until at 7 o'clock out there before they can send in there LOI, is that correct?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Music City Hog

Hog N Bama

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: discombobulationist on February 04, 2015, 08:50:00 am
You can tell Derrick Graham's mom isn't running off with the LOI, haha. Love her shirt, looks like she had it custom made just for the signing.

Nope she definitely isn't running off with it. Love the pics all of our recruits looking happy, makes cfb special.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Music City Hog

Quote from: wildhogman on February 04, 2015, 08:50:00 am
Its not 7 AM on the west coast yet. Give the kid time to wake up and find his pen to sign with ;)

No, I know that.  I wasnt concerned.  I was just asking if everyone else is done.  So Reed is the last guy we dont know about unless a new name pops up correct?   How many schollies are left?

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PonderinHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 08:52:42 am
No, I know that.  I wasnt concerned.  I was just asking if everyone else is done.  So Reed is the last guy we dont know about unless a new name pops up correct?   How many schollies are left?
2 left

wildhogman

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 08:52:42 am
wait? You don't know?  I been following you in twhoggerville. Dang it, get with the program and get us updated lol

Music City Hog

Quote from: wildhogman on February 04, 2015, 08:54:36 am
wait? You don't know?  I been following you in twhoggerville. Dang it, get with the program and get us updated lol

I am beyond confused.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

scruf

SPAL

Signing day was anticlimactic.....and I'm perfectly OK with it. It also means we didn't lose anybody. Just show up, do our thing, go to work. I would like to have gotten Tw to sign, but those are the breaks. Not even 9am and I can go on about my day. Perfect.

wildhogman

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 08:56:05 am
I am beyond confused.
I count 22 on the link Peter porker gave at the start. With the punter that would be 23.  Reed would make 24.  And then there is always the surprise.  That about cover it? 

MFG

Despite not closing how we wanted too, this is the most impressive class I think we have signed since the 2008 class. Lots of big names and depth all around.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Redhogs on February 04, 2015, 08:48:40 am
Thank-you...so sick of this crap.....please take your offended asses somewhere else....there's a whole world out there for you to complain in...
Just curious if you uh maybe uh see what your doing here??

Music City Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 04, 2015, 08:58:34 am
Signing day was anticlimactic.....and I'm perfectly OK with it. It also means we didn't lose anybody. Just show up, do our thing, go to work. I would like to have gotten Tw to sign, but those are the breaks. Not even 9am and I can go on about my day. Perfect.

agreed.  I guess I will actually get ready and go to work afterall.

Dirty

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 04, 2015, 08:59:16 am
Just curious if you uh maybe uh see what your doing here??

We see what you are doing!

MFG

Considering the depth in state this next year, I expect a class just as good, if not better next.

Music City Hog

Quote from: wildhogman on February 04, 2015, 08:58:59 am
I count 22 on the link Peter porker gave at the start. With the punter that would be 23.  Reed would make 24.  And then there is always the surprise.  That about cover it?

yes, thank you.  I was actually referring to that guys reply to me.  I had no idea what he was saying.

but thank you for clearing the numbers up.  I needed that too.

Tim Harris

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: MFG on February 04, 2015, 09:00:13 am
Considering the depth in state this next year, I expect a class just as good, if not better next.

A LOT of headway was made here with Houston hs coaches. Next year will be a scarey recruiting year if we can win nine games at least.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

hawginbigd1

If I read/parsed what RD has said over the last 3 or 4 days I think we are in with Reed. Just an opinion. I am hoping there is a huge surprise left.

scruf

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 04, 2015, 08:58:34 am
Good point. This class seemed to sign as early as possible without a lot of "picking the hat" drama. Bielema has said "you recruit your own problems" and signing a class that seemed to handle their NLI ceremonies with little fanfare might be a good indicator of their off-the-field personas.

PonderinHog

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2015, 09:04:58 am
Good point. This class seemed to sign as early as possible without a lot of "picking the hat" drama. Bielema has said "you recruit your own problems" and signing a class that seemed to handle their NLI ceremonies with little fanfare might be a good indicator of their off-the-field personas.
Business decisions.  These guys have bad intentions.   :razorback:

SPAL

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2015, 09:04:58 am

I agree here. The term "blue collar" comes to mind. On a scale of 0-10 , I'd rate my happiness with this class an 8. I would have liked another safety and Toby....if on fact we do sign Reed, I'll call it a 9 and be a happy hog fan. This is a darn good class. Most all our recruits were won against big time schools.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2015, 06:53:01 am
Bret Bielema (@BretBielema) tweeted at 6:52 AM on Wed, Feb 04, 2015:
Another great addition to our program, @6_showtime #WoooPig http://t.co/i5OLbvMjLH
(https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/562956847922290690?s=03)

Gotta love a DB who calls himself "Showtime".
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 04, 2015, 09:07:44 am

An all-business class that just want to go to work. 
This is my non-signature signature.

WooPig90

It was anticlamatic but now that we have 2 spots left i wonder who will fill them? Reed and ???

SPAL

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 04, 2015, 09:07:44 am

So Jermain Taylor is the 25th spot?

Chief Mac

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 04, 2015, 09:10:13 am
I agree here. The term "blue collar" comes to mind. On a scale of 0-10 , I'd rate my happiness with this class an 8. I would have liked another safety and Toby....if on fact we do sign Reed, I'll call it a 9 and be a happy hog fan. This is a darn good class. Most all our recruits were won against big time schools.

don't forget the three 3 star recruited walk-ons.  Having that type of talent walk-on can only be a good thing
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Music City Hog

I really want Reed.  What time does he announce?

Id hold the extra schollie and sign another next year rather than take a flyer on a guy thats clearly way down the list.

SPAL

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 04, 2015, 09:12:50 am
don't forget the three 3 star recruited walk-ons.  Having that type of talent walk-on can only be a good thing

Without a doubt. Good point.

PonderinHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 04, 2015, 09:11:19 am
So Jermain Taylor is the 25th spot?
Damn, it's so tempting to go there...   :razorback:

SPAL

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 09:13:57 am

Id hold the extra schollie and sign another next year rather than take a flyer on a guy thats clearly way down the list.
10 am is the word around town.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 04, 2015, 09:13:57 am

I believe it was said he will tell the coaches at 1000 and announce publically thereafter
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Music City Hog

Chief Mac

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 04, 2015, 09:13:58 am
Without a doubt. Good point.

2 DBs and a LB walk-on.....I'll take some more of that!  :D

MFG

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 04, 2015, 09:04:34 am
A LOT of headway was made here with Houston hs coaches. Next year will be a scarey recruiting year if we can win nine games at least.

If we can get Bunch and Carmouche from out of state next year, Hardwick gets eligible, we sign Agim and Capps, we have a chance to have a monster defensive class next year.

Piney Woods Rooter

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 04, 2015, 09:10:30 am
Gotta love a DB who calls himself "Showtime".
yep...just glad it isn't "Prime Time"

hogcard1964

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HotlantaHog

Arkansas class ranked #22 by Rivals, best I can remember in recent years...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

Given that the last few years have been a struggle, it seems pretty impressive...

Paul