Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sykes' flips from Nebraska to Arkansas

Started by RazorBassin, February 03, 2015, 09:54:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on February 03, 2015, 11:42:15 pm
Nebraska recruits are flipping faster than pancakes at IHOP. 

Payback from a few years ago. Lost a safety to them the same year we nabbed Tevin Mitchel.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DeltaBoy

Welcome to the Hog Family.  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wooderson

I didn't think we took commits from players until they visited the campus.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wooderson on February 04, 2015, 08:31:10 am

We usually don't, but we needed a safety and he wanted to be a hog.  I'm betting he visits at some point.  Possibly he and Pettway have an official together?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Wooderson on February 04, 2015, 08:31:10 am

He will visit at some point.  We also have taken commits in the past prior to their visit.

My guess is we bring him and Pettway in together.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wooderson

I hope the coaches know he is a good fit.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2015, 08:27:09 am
It's a done deal.  We have his NLI.

Whew!  I was starting to sweat just a wee bit on Willie.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

scrogg

I'm sure the kid will work out fine, but definitely not for more than 3 years lol. He also said some stuff about partying on college campuses and how a scholarship comes out to less than minimum wage... twitter is stupid.

bigbadhog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 03, 2015, 10:07:46 pm
Notice the money sign this Nebraska guy tweeted with the news of the defection.

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan 6m6 minutes ago

HOL has confirmed that DB Willie Sykes will sign with Arkansas and not Nebraska tomorrow $ http://rvls.co/1CX

If money were involved, he would have signed with the Auburn War Eagle Tigers...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: scrogg on February 04, 2015, 12:58:03 pm
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

great post....

(couldn't stop looking at your avatar)
This is my non-signature signature.

Tripod1

Wonder if the Nebraska fans are up in arms about his flip like the Hog fans have been about the player from NLR?  Always great to be on the receiving end of these flips but not so good when we get the wrong end of the flip. 

scrogg

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 04, 2015, 02:06:36 pm
Wonder if the Nebraska fans are up in arms about his flip like the Hog fans have been about the player from NLR?  Always great to be on the receiving end of these flips but not so good when we get the wrong end of the flip.

I doubt they're too beat up about it, I lost count of how many flips he had in the last month.

azhog10

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 03, 2015, 11:54:33 pm
Payback from a few years ago. Lost a safety to them the same year we nabbed Tevin Mitchel.
Thought it was the Cessay kid or however you say it. He was a CB though not safety. Pretty sure he's in the NFL now as well.......

hawg1221

In the article I posted above, Willie states that one of his main reasons for going to Arkansas is because he wants to major in Business.  He talks about the major corporations that are local like Wal-Mart that he could possibly work for after graduating.

PaintballHog

So what's the consensus on this kid? I know alot of you guys were high on Scott, is this an upgrade or a backup plan?

The_Boot_stops_here

JMO but I could see Dalton growing into a S, effectively taking Scott's place and then Sykes playing CB...of course, this is an uninformed opinion based almost exclusively on their measurables so.....