Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There will be a surprise tomorrow

Started by Uncommon, February 03, 2015, 09:47:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

There is going to be a lot of people on here surprised tomorrow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on February 04, 2015, 12:27:07 am
Why do you say that?

Scott7703

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 04, 2015, 12:29:54 am
We have to be poesitiv joe! Good things are a comin!
Hope you guys are right. nothing wrong with being positive. GO HOGS.

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 04, 2015, 12:33:11 am
Hope you guys are right. nothing wrong with being positive. GO HOGS.

Honestly, we have pretty much met every need we had. Added defensive headhunters, speed in secondary and d-line depth. Brought in a great quarterback prospect, added weapons at wr, a rb who put up massive numbers in Texas, outstanding offensive lineman, and the best te class in the nation. Also the top punter.

If we could land one of the big fish we are after it would put an exclamation point on the class and make for a great finish.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 04, 2015, 12:38:01 am
Honestly, we have pretty much met every need we had. Added defensive headhunters, speed in secondary and d-line depth. Brought in a great quarterback prospect, added weapons at wr, a rb who put up massive numbers in Texas, outstanding offensive lineman, and the best te class in the nation. Also the top punter.

If we could land one of the big fish we are after it would put an exclamation point on the class and make for a great finish.
We got some outstanding players on the DL,LB and DB. this is a great defensive class. and outstanding OL class. and i feel we got a franchise QB in TY Storey.this class will be the foundation that helps us win an Sec championship. i love this class already. if we get some good news today, it will just be icing on the cake. GO HOGS.

ChiTown27

I just want to interject and say that this class has me excited like a kid on Christmas. We are building a fantasy defense, and a low-risk, clock-chewing, ground and POUND offense, and it is going to win us a title!  :razorback: ;D :razorback:
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

HogCzar1

Quote from: duckman on February 04, 2015, 12:09:36 am
The hush hush double secret disguised visit tonight from Pittman may have flipped Weathersby...

Now this is what I call getting it done. If you can't unmask the Assassin #1 from parts unknown then no way can it be an NCAA violation.
I can see Pittman doing this!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Kevin on February 04, 2015, 12:27:07 am

Not me.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawg IQ

The surprise was nothing happened we didn't expect..
go hogs go !

hogrocker

There never is much of surprise with Bielema.  He is workmanlike.  He doesn't recruit for show; he recruits to make his team better.  That's why he doesn't waste scholarships on eleventh hour reaches.  If you look at our roster with the new signees included, you'll see that we are way deeper and way more talented at each position than we were two years ago.  That's the whole point of recruiting.

BigSexyHog

Lol.  Yep surprised for sure at nothing. ..
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Scott7703

If our recruiting guys are right there is going to be 1 surprise. They say we will sign 25. We are at 23 with Sykes. Add reed and you have 24. Who is 25???? Surprise!!!!!!

hawg IQ

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 04, 2015, 09:14:38 am
If our recruiting guys are right there is going to be 1 surprise. They say we will sign 25. We are at 23 with Sykes. Add reed and you have 24. Who is 25???? Surprise!!!!!!
shouldn't be that hard now to figure out a 4 or 5 star that hasn't sign just yet? One thing for sure its not Hill or Weathersby?
go hogs go !

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Suprised we didn't fill all 25the spots???
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawg IQ

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 04, 2015, 09:41:56 am
Suprised we didn't fill all 25the spots???
always secret recruit every year, another gruden moment. I think overall its a good class, more than Hill or weathersby, I had hoped for another good running back.
go hogs go !

OldCoot

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 04, 2015, 09:45:30 am
always secret recruit every year, another gruden moment. I think overall its a good class, more than Hill or weathersby, I had hoped for another good running back.

I LOVE the defensive and offensive foundation that we are building.  We are going to have a friggin solid core to build on.  And we did sign a top notch WR from Nashville who had offers from all the bigs.  Solid class.  Good job!

ChiTown27

....there will still be some kids needing "homes" from big schools that over sign... We can still pick another good one off.  :razorback: Like UTenn.

George Bernard Shaw

secneahog

Josh Williams was a nice pick up late last year. Might be in the same situation this year.  :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawg IQ

Quote from: ChiTown27 on February 04, 2015, 11:29:57 am
....there will still be some kids needing "homes" from big schools that over sign... We can still pick another good one off.  :razorback: Like UTenn.

That's grasping! we need to be a program that's not grasping on NSD.
We are still a program on the rise that needs to continue to grow. We are not there yet?
go hogs go !

ChiTown27

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 04, 2015, 11:32:43 am
We are still a program on the rise that needs to continue to grow. We are not there yet?

While I mostly agree, I don't think you would have turned down Philon in hindsight. Get them with a chip on their shoulder! It's not always a compromise. In a couple of years, we will be pulling top 15-top 12 classes on the regular. Can't wait.

George Bernard Shaw

code red

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 04, 2015, 12:38:01 am

We need some more LB's for sure.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hawg IQ

Quote from: ChiTown27 on February 04, 2015, 11:47:31 am
While I mostly agree, I don't think you would have turned down Philon in hindsight. Get them with a chip on their shoulder! It's not always a compromise. In a couple of years, we will be pulling top 15-top 12 classes on the regular. Can't wait.
I agree, probably the big let down was losing weatherby more so than "the un named one" that went to play for Urban renewal up north.

We all set ourselves up for fail on the board here believing there will be some big time name jump on board from somewhere else. I think if that ever happens , then we will feel as we have arrived you know.
go hogs go !

Maddhog

I was mildly surprised that KJ chose OSU over Bama.  🐗😃🏈
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

ChiTown27

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 04, 2015, 11:56:23 am
I agree, probably the big let down was losing weatherby more so than "the un named one" that went to play for Urban renewal up north.

We all set ourselves up for fail on the board here believing there will be some big time name jump on board from somewhere else. I think if that ever happens , then we will feel as we have arrived you know.

Honestly, when the drama started to surface, I was done with the un-named one. That guy made his choice to fade into obscurity. Weathersby was a pretty big let down, but on the bright side, we had already filled what we needed there. We will land some top-flight OL next year. This year was defense! The Punisher (Robb Smith) is going to have the tools he needs to dominate. I mean, we did get KJack! That was solid! And the new walk-on (TP) that has potential to be a starter in a few years. This is a GREAT class.

George Bernard Shaw

latrops

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 04, 2015, 11:32:43 am

It would be grasping if we had a few spots left that we needed to fill.  Grasping would be signing 2 star in state guys just to have the bodies.  We have one open spot.  Sign someone later, save it for next year...it isn't a big deal either way. There are good players out there who signed with programs that ultimately won't have room for them.  It isn't exactly the same, but a similar situation is how we wound up with Philon.  Nothing wrong with getting a quality prospect a little late or because their first choice didn't have room.

mhuff

Quote from: latrops on February 04, 2015, 12:32:37 pm
It would be grasping if we had a few spots left that we needed to fill.  Grasping would be signing 2 star in state guys just to have the bodies.  We have one open spot.  Sign someone later, save it for next year...it isn't a big deal either way. There are good players out there who signed with programs that ultimately won't have room for them.  It isn't exactly the same, but a similar situation is how we wound up with Philon.  Nothing wrong with getting a quality prospect a little late or because their first choice didn't have room.

hawg IQ

Quote from: latrops on February 04, 2015, 12:32:37 pm
I don't know if I meant it just like you described it.  My thoughts were we should be recruiting ( good athletes) to all 25 positions and not be in a holding situation, hoping some others over signed and we got their gray shirts- THAT would be grasping ! 
   Recruit to the 25 to begin with and get as high in 3-4 or a 5 star player.

Besides the thread was stated with "there will be a surprise tomorrow" and there wasn't, in fact if anything just the contrary with KJ and Weatherby going else where.
go hogs go !