Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

petrino recruiting

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 03, 2015, 09:10:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

Bobby petting banned from recruiting a high school in south Carolina for pulling a running backs offer just 2 days before NSD. I'm glad to hear that. Seems just wrong to pull a kids offer like that

ArmyOfnobunaga

What is more wrong is to use the dead period against the recruit. Telling them they have to greyshirt when no other coach can contact them.

Petrino isn't eh only one.

Lot of D bags out there coaching.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Uncommon

This is actually the first topic I don't mind being posted over and over.

JaketheSnake

Was the petting heavy?  No wonder he got banned...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 03, 2015, 09:11:31 pm
What is more wrong is to use the dead period against the recruit. Telling them they have to greyshirt when no other coach can contact them.

Petrino isn't eh only one.

Lot of D bags out there coaching.
I thought coaches could still have written or electronic communications even during the Dead Periods? Just can't visit.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ArmyOfnobunaga

February 03, 2015, 09:18:25 pm #6 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:51:15 pm by ArmyOfnobunaga
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 03, 2015, 09:15:53 pm
I thought coaches could still have written or electronic communications even during the Dead Periods? Just can't visit.

I believe that is correct. But when these guys are committed for months and have not taken all their visits all of a sudden they are up against a wall.

Waiting a day or 2 before signing day when a coach cannot visit, to tell a recruit he no longer can go to his school for free is a b move.

This kid was mr hs for SC too I think.

Just a chump move. I know the teenagers switch at the last minute... but grown men should honor commitment a little more.

modify- and hey I am/was/maybeNOmore a petrino fan.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 03, 2015, 09:18:25 pm
I believe that is correct. But when these guys are committed for months and have not taken all their visits all of a sudden they are up against a wall.

Waiting a day or 2 to tell a recruit he no longer can go to his school for free is a b move.

This kid was mr hs for SC too I think.

Just a chump move. I know the teenagers switch at the last minute... but grown men should honor commitment a little more.

modify- and hey I am/was/maybeNOmore a petrino fan.

I agree with you 100% and respect the high school coach for taking that stance. Pitiful stunt by CBP. I was just clarifying the rule.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 03, 2015, 09:13:51 pm
Was the petting heavy?  No wonder he got banned...

One shouldn't pet and ride a motorcycle at the same time............................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rocket23

That is the same stunt Saban pulled that got us Darius Philon.

LRHawg

Sometimes when you play with a snake, you get bit.

Hog N Bama

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 04, 2015, 09:06:48 am

Exactly. So who will ban Saban?

Hog N Bama

opineonswine

Quote from: LRHawg on February 04, 2015, 09:08:02 am

Took us a long time to start to recover from our own bite. 

secneahog

We shall see how many recruits he signs actually pans out in college. ..wait..first see how many even makes it to campus.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hoggusamoungus

harrisburghog

So if BB yanks an offer from a three defensive back to go get a five star defensive tackle you folks would be pissed at him? It's the nature of the business, a common occurrence.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

opineonswine

Quote from: harrisburghog on February 04, 2015, 09:23:33 am
So if BB yanks an offer from a three defensive back to go get a five star defensive tackle you folks would be pissed at him? It's the nature of the business, a common occurrence.

The snake we are discussing has so many scales already.  This last one was just predictable.

Of course offers can get rescinded but most of the time it's done with more class...that is if the coach HAS any class.

BadHog

Why does this thread keep reappearing?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Paul Swinebaum

hoglady

Quote from: BadHog on February 04, 2015, 09:32:16 am
Why does this thread keep reappearing?

Because some just refuse to let it go.
We'll be seeing threads about Petrino and Nutt forever it seems.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TeedupHigh

harrisburghog

It's nieve to think that BB or any other coach from a major program wouldn't do the same thing in the same manner as BP. As the the saying goes there is no honor among thieves, there is no honor in major college recruiting.

LaDecima

Actually it was former UGA defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, now in the same position with Louisville, who made the call on Monday to running back Matt Colburn of South Carolina's Dutch Fork High School.

^^^^ taken directly from the article.

opineonswine

Quote from: LaDecima on February 04, 2015, 12:33:32 pm
Actually it was former UGA defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, now in the same position with Louisville, who made the call on Monday to running back Matt Colburn of South Carolina's Dutch Fork High School.

Are you insinuating Petrino didn't make the decision?  ha

jm

Quote from: harrisburghog on February 04, 2015, 09:23:33 am

I would prefer BB to have a plan and to continue being judicious when accepting commitments. To overcommit is just poor roster management. If you are going to ask a guy to grayshirt, he should know well in advance. All the coach has to do is be honest from the start and it doesn't become front page news.

opineonswine

Quote from: jm on February 04, 2015, 03:34:14 pm
All the coach has to do is be honest

And there is the disconnect...

LaDecima

Quote from: opineonswine on February 04, 2015, 12:34:26 pm
Are you insinuating Petrino didn't make the decision?  ha

Stop following me around.

HOGKING

Actually it was former UGA defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, now in the same position with Louisville, who made the call on Monday to running back Matt Colburn of South Carolina’s Dutch Fork High School.

He may not have made the call but Petrino wouldn't let a DC make that decision especially concerning a running back. We all know how much of a control freak he is.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2015, 09:41:41 am
Because some just refuse to let it go.
We'll be seeing threads about Petrino and Nutt forever it seems.

Petrino?  Nutt?  Smith?  Who in the heck are they anyway?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

26.2Hog

Exactly.  Petrino didn't have the stones to pick up the phone and do his own dirty work.

supersaint

Quote from: LRHawg on February 04, 2015, 09:08:02 am
You will only pet the snake once before you're hooked.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Hogeration

This kid was a stud in HS.  I'm guessing his size has some scared to offer.  Over 5000 yards rushing may be worth taking a chance on though.  And I'm sure after he was burned, he wants to prove some folks wrong.  He still hasn't signed.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 04, 2015, 09:06:48 am
I wonder if that same HS Coach would  Saban?
I love off season Football!!