Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scotty Thurman Jr.

Started by HogfanGC, February 06, 2012, 08:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogfanGC

Is deciding to walk-on for football this year!

PigDaddyKane

What's his stats and other info (height, speed)?
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

whosiskid

Yeah, I'd like to know more. I assume he isn't short. I'm guessing a WR? I'm basing this on Scotty.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

booogaga

Yes someone give us some info on this kid.
GO HOGS!

RazorCraft

I teach in Fay.  One of the other teachers at the high school tells me that he always jokingly complains that they don't throw him the ball.  He always says he'd be a star if they would throw to him.  Hope hes right!!!
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: RazorCraft on February 06, 2012, 10:07:53 am
I teach in Fay.  One of the other teachers at the high school tells me that he always jokingly complains that they don't throw him the ball.  He always says he'd be a star if they would throw to him.  Hope hes right!!!
Sounds like an All-Pro WR!  I bet Jerry Rice didn't think they threw it to him enough either.

PigDaddyKane

BTW According to 247 sports hes 6 feet tall and weights 180.  Doesn't have speed listed.

whosiskid

Well, nothing to lose.  Heck, I hope he is right about being a potential star!
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ur

Scotty is prob 6-6"2 more like 190. He might grow into a tight end. Played defense last year and moved to rec. this year. Not sure of his 40 time. He has great hands. He didn't get a lot of touches this year but when he did he looked good. I think he has a lot of growing left to do. He has put on some serious muscle from his junior to senior year. He could put a lot more on in the UA strength program.  Has a great work ethic also.

booogaga

Why the heck is he not playing basketball.
GO HOGS!

ur

Quote from: booogaga on February 06, 2012, 10:56:43 am
I have never seen him play so can't answer that. He has only lived here two years. I am not sure if he played jv basketball last year or not. He was not on varsity. Seems like last year he was a little 5'9"ish 160lb. cornerback. Now he is over 6' and I would say 190. Like I said, I think he has some more growing to do.

Virgil

Quote from: booogaga on February 06, 2012, 10:56:43 am

Obviously he ain't good at it!!!  lol  I'm sure he's tried a few times.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

HogfanGC

just stood up next to him, 5'10 170, runs a 4.5, 40

McHogLovin

Quote from: HogfanGC on February 06, 2012, 02:06:37 pm
just stood up next to him, 5'10 170, runs a 4.5, 40

...But does he drive a Mack truck?

ridgehog88

HogfanGC

Mrs. Regina is about 5'2. haha he got the height from her.

HogInHotSprings

I played against him in basketball in high school when I was a senior and he was a sophomore...he's a fairly decent bball player, but I'm sure he's much better at football unless he's improved drastically from his sophomore year. Great kid with a great attitude, his smartest move was leaving Episcopal and enrolling at Fayetteville High.

Jackrabbit Hog

He's the son of a Razorback legend and he wants to be a Hog.  I don't care what sport it is, that's good enough for me.  Sign him up!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hoggy1

Damn Scotty has a kid n college?!?!

Puts time into perspective....
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

lumphog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 06, 2012, 03:55:04 pm
He's the son of a Razorback legend and he wants to be a Hog.  I don't care what sport it is, that's good enough for me.  Sign him up!
Bet he pans out!!!

booogaga

Quote from: HoggyPetrino501 on February 06, 2012, 04:02:06 pm

yes it does.... yes it does
GO HOGS!

conwaycarl

This, legacy.

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Danny J

Yes it does. I was thinking the same thing. Time starts to really fly as we get older.

WayneHawg

Ya,seams like yesterday that Scotty hit the biggest shot in Hawg ball history

Hogsmoke

Time sure does zip by, I need a drink.

Huds_HawgTide

i was eleven when that shot went in and ive been hooked ever since...i love football it is my passion...but it was nolans teams that really sunk their teeth in me and made me bleed razorback red!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on February 06, 2012, 10:49:09 pm
i was eleven when that shot went in and ive been hooked ever since...i love football it is my passion...but it was nolans teams that really sunk their teeth in me and made me bleed razorback red!
Well put, and same here (except I was 13). 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

dhizzle

The walk-on program could pay dividends in a couple of years. Didn't we just get two three stars to walk on.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: dhizzle on February 04, 2015, 11:05:25 am
The walk-on program could pay dividends in a couple of years. Didn't we just get two three stars to walk on.
3 three stars

arkbuck

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 04, 2015, 10:53:56 am
Well put, and same here (except I was 13).

I was 21 in my fraternity house on Dickson when he hit the shot.  Will never forget it.  seems like it was yesterday or I'm senile one.  probably the latter.

OldCoot

THIS.  We take care of even the family of those who sign in Arkansas. 

jjdlc

Terrible day to be necroposting.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol......so, we are told he is anywhere from 5-10 & 170.....to 6-2 & 190 ?

That's quite a gap.  Anybody know what his measurements really are ?
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Scotty's kid got a scholarship in the summer.

We've taken care of Scotty EXTREMELY we'll.  too well actually.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Pudgepork

Scotty wasn't known for his speed up and down the floor.  Hopefully he got his size from Scotty and his speed from his mom's family.