Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Podcast with Stacey Wilkins and Garrett Wilson talking Hogs

Started by Sportsguy, March 21, 2018, 01:27:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsguy

Ran across this podcast on my twitter feed ( I follow a bunch of recruiting guys from all over) and thought I'd share this. I'd fast forward through the guy ranting about OU spring practice and Trae Young, but Stacey Wilkins and Garrett Wilson both speak highly about Hogs. Thought it was cool the OU reporter specifically brought them up, even if he didn't need to because that isn't his target audience.

Podcast is okay in quality and not much else I care to hear, but the two interviews were good. Arkansas and Coach Morris doing work and I love it! WPS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ou-practice-info-trae-young-19-stars-stacey-wilkins/id1255193313?i=1000407015802&mt=2

GoHogzzGo

Awesome thanks for sharing sportsguy. Really need Stacey on the hill so that is great to hear. Kid looks as close to a sure thing as possible at OT.

Garrett would be a huge get certainly, being so highly recruited and out of state. Would love to see him in CCM's offense, no doubt he would get a lot of touches in open space.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Sportsguy

Garrett has blown up. Crazy the connections that Coach Morris has. The guy is really good at connecting with these kids. I quite enjoyed the Wilkins and Garrett Wilson interviews. Really good.

Interviews start with Stacey at 26 min mark.

Sportsguy

Wanted to add that after listening to this podcast, OU kind of scares me with Wilkins. His HC is from Noble (OK). Noble is 6 miles from OU campus. Reason why he gets back to OU a lot. Connection there is a good one and something the hogs need to counter, outside of his family connections on The Hill. WPS.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Sportsguy on March 21, 2018, 05:51:33 pm
Wanted to add that after listening to this podcast, OU kind of scares me with Wilkins. His HC is from Noble (OK). Noble is 6 miles from OU campus. Reason why he gets back to OU a lot. Connection there is a good one and something the hogs need to counter, outside of his family connections on The Hill. WPS.

Great point. Seems like there is a real threat they could sway him (without knowing the kid of course). Hope family connections and CCM win out.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Richard Davenport

Camden Fairview Coach Jake Monden isn't one to steer a kid. If Stacey ends up at OU it will be because he wants to be there.