Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game 18 (first game of the double header against WSU)

Started by flippinhogmana, March 05, 2018, 08:16:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 05, 2018, 08:16:32 am Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:55:43 pm by flippinhogmana
link to live stats.  Game time is 3pm.

http://statb.us/b/201837

Game two doesn't show any live stat links - at least as of yet.  I will not be doing any pbp the rest of the week at least, getting behind in work.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

In Auburn (23-1 and ranked 10th nationally) we have two common opponents, Wichita State that we play twice today and Delaware.  They beat Delaware 15-0 and we beat them 10-1.   They beat Wichita State 2-0 in their second game of the season.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

not sure why but Archuleta is penciled in at catcher instead of Kayla Green.
Manzo is shown as the dh.  Perhaps Coach D thinks two of her freshmen need at least one of the games off today.  Their hitting is falling off a bit of late.  Mary Haff is shown to be in the circle for the hogs.

flippinhogmana

psych please take the pbp and provide a video link if you happen by!

flippinhogmana

Buczek walks to lead off the top half of the first.
McEwen reaches on what is recorded for now as an fc, but an error on the ss, both runs on, first and second nobody out for Krzysko who walks to load the bases with nobody out
Diaz lines out to 1B, bases still loaded, one down
Manzo struck out swinging, two down
Belans popped to short.  Loading the bases with nobody out and  then not scoring is not exactly how you want to start the game.

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the first, Haff gets the first batter on a fly to right
2nd batter strikes out swinging
3rd batter pops to 2nd.

flippinhogmana

Top of the second, no score
Cooper up, singles to center, one on, nobody out, advances to second on a wild pitch
I believe this is Lauren Archuleta's first at bat of the year, she reaches on the second error on the ss, cooper stay at second
runners on at first and second, nobody out, staring out like the first inning, hope we do better with it this time,
Bugarin grounds out to second, Archuleta advances to second, cooper to third, one down
Buczek strikes out looking, two down
McEwen strikes out swinging and the hogs have left five runners on base in two innings.

flippinhogmana

Haff will face WSU's best hitter to lead off the bottom of the second
She sets her down with her second K, one down
2nd batter K's swinging as well, Haff's third, two down
3rd batter homers to right center, 1-0 shockers, still two down
4th batter walks, runner on fist, two down
5th batter flies out to right, one hit, one run, 1-0 shockers, 3,4 and five hitters up for the hogs in the top of the 3rd.

flippinhogmana

leaving runners on with the bases loaded or two on with nobody out is likely to come back and bite you every time,
Krzysko strikes out looking, one down
Diaz who lined out last time with the bases loaded and nobody out, gets an infield single, one on, one out
Manzo who struck out last time up, reaches on a muffed throw, Diaz out at second (almost a double play), two down, runner on first for Belans who grounds out to 1B.  to the bottom of the 3rd, 1-0 shockers

flippinhogmana

Haff will face her opposite number to lead of the bottom of the 3rd, who doubles to center field,
2nd batter (top of the order) sacrifices the runner to 3rd with one down,
3rd batter strikes out swinging for Haff's third K and she has a chance to get out of the inning without the run scoring,
4th batter flies out to lf without further damage.
to the top of the fourth and the hogs need to get to work with their bats.  1-0 shockers

flippinhogmana

cooper leads off, has been on base twice today, one on a single, once on an error, she reaches again with an infield single to shortstop, one on, nobody out
Archuleta sacrifices cooper to second, one down
Bugarin hit by pitch, runners on first and second
Buczek with an infield single to second base to load the bases with one out
McEwen lines into a double play to retire the side.  1-0 shockers

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the 4th, hogs have left 8 runners on, the shockers have left 2 on.
Haff Ks the first batter for the second time, her fourth
next batter reaches on an error by Buczek, one on, one out for the batter who homered last time
Haff is relieved by Autumn Storms
Storms gives up a single to cf, runners on 1st and 2nd, one down,
next batter who walked last time, hits into a fc, runers now on 1st and 3rd, two down
Storms retires the next bat to escape any damage in the inning, 1-0 shockers

flippinhogmana

Krzysko leads of the top of the fifth, and grounds out to second, one down
Diaz follows suit and grounds out to second for out number two,
Manzo grounds out to ss, to the bottom of the fifth, shockers 1-0

flippinhogmana

I havent liked the feel of this game since we loaded the bases and didnt score in the first
1st batter is the pitcher who doubled last time up off Haff, she doubles to center field again, nobody out
2nd batter (runner advances to third on a wild pitch) grounds out to short, runner has to hold, one down
3rd batter (who Haff fanned twice) runner on third is picked off by the catcher! two down
Storms completes the inning by striking out this batter for the 3rd time today.
Maybe that will provide a spark to the hogs!

flippinhogmana

Top of the 6th
Belans leads off the inning by lining out to 1B, one down
Cooper who is 2-2 and reached on an error, wont reach this time, fouls out to 1B, two down
Archuleta is pinch hit for by Malkin, Linnie strikes out looking to end the inning and leave the hogs with just one more chance.

Bacons Rebellion

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the 6th, Storms gets the first batter on a grounder to 3rd, one down
2nd batter grounds out to Storms, two down
3rd batter also grounds out to Storms, last chance hogs

Bacons Rebellion

flippinhogmana

Top of the 7th
Bugarin leads off, 0-1 today, flies out to rf, one down for Buczek
Autumn strikes out swinging and its down to McEwen
Hammerin Hannah is hitless on the day, she grounds out to 1B to end the game.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

you always offend the softball gods when you load the bases with none out (especially in the first) and dont score.

flippinhogmana

but give the shocker pitcher credit, she pitched a heck of a game especially after the second (and even then in getting around the errors behind her)

hawg1221

They're competitive, but 2 of the better teams they've played ended in loses. That makes me wonder about SEC play and how much success they will have.

flippinhogmana

thats always the question for all 14 teams in the conference, not just us.  For us to rely so much on freshmen is a bit scary but I doubt its wise to rely on forming much of an opinion on two one run losses, one of which was robbery in my opinion.  The next three games, all on the road against a ranked team that is in conference will tell us a whole lot more.