Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In effect, by playing Arkansas, Tex A&M gets a double bye.

Started by logic, March 01, 2018, 08:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

logic

Playing Arkansas was no more difficult for Tex A&M than the light practice session they would have had if they didn't have to play until Friday.

The difference in talent between the top 6 teams and the bottom 4 team in this year's SEC ladies basketball is just too extreme.  I  wonder if the bottom 4 teams have won even a single game against the top 6 teams.

I know with the two transfers setting out this year, that next year we should be a little improved.  However, other than those two, I don't know that we have any new players that will help us much next year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: logic on March 01, 2018, 08:17:39 pm
Playing Arkansas was no more difficult for Tex A&M than the light practice session they would have had if they didn't have to play until Friday.

The difference in talent between the top 6 teams and the bottom 4 team in this year's SEC ladies basketball is just too extreme.  I  wonder if the bottom 4 teams have won even a single game against the top 6 teams.

I know with the two transfers setting out this year, that next year we should be a little improved.  However, other than those two, I don't know that we have any new players that will help us much next year.

Well, the top four teams also lose quite a bit of talent.  MS State looses key seniors (4) including its key scorer, best outside shooter and best ball handler, as does Tenner (3, including their best two players), and SC (3, including Aja Wilson).  A&M loses it best center (Hillsman) and best rebounder.  Georgia will be affected the least by graduation.   There will be more parity in the league next year. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

logic

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 01, 2018, 08:40:39 pm
Well, the top four teams also lose quite a bit of talent.  MS State looses key seniors (4) including its key scorer, best outside shooter and best ball handler, as does Tenner (3, including their best two players), and SC (3, including Aja Wilson).  A&M loses it best center (Hillsman) and best rebounder.  Georgia will be affected the least by graduation.   There will be more parity in the league next year. 
I doubt there will be much parity next year. The top teams just reload. A&M will lose Hillsman, but they have another 6'5" center and Ciera Johnson 6'4", a 5 star and #1 center in the 2016 class.  We may be a little better, but I don't  see how Williams at 6'1" can match up against those players.

flippinhogmana

I can see their roster, but the player you cite is not as good as Hillsman, plus A&M also loses Lumpkin, their leading rebounder.  It will be a lot closer 1-12 than it was this year.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Scott7703

If you don't believe Arkansas will be much improved next season I have to question your knowledge of this game. The team this season which was talent deprived improved greatly and besides Cosper we get all contributors back plus the transfers and signees. Arkansas will be an entirely different team next season.

ladybackfan

I know about the 2 transfers that had to sit out this year. But does anyone have a list of players that we signed this year?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ladybackfan on March 02, 2018, 08:13:37 pm
I know about the 2 transfers that had to sit out this year. But does anyone have a list of players that we signed this year?

so far the only additions for next year are Dungee (5-11 four star), Gaulden (5-7 five star) and the incoming freshman Rokia (5-9 four star).