Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WGC-Mexico

Started by ricepig, March 01, 2018, 10:33:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I'm going with Noren this week, unless Montezuma's revenge gets him. Sorry J'Rabb, no Garrigus, so you'll have to pick someone else.

Jackrabbit Hog

Kiradech Affiebarnrat, or whatever the heck his name is.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 01, 2018, 10:55:51 am

I'm going out on limb here, but I'm saying a foreigner wins this tournament.

kingofdequeen

Dustin Johnson, simply for the proximity to yayo.

kingofdequeen

anyone else love the irony of the PGA moving this tournament from trump's place to mexico?

i know i do.

East TN HAWG

Bubba, Noren and Rahm have been playing well lately. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 11:56:34 am
I'm going out on limb here, but I'm saying a foreigner wins this tournament.

Are there any Hispanic national players playing?  So isn't everyone a foreigner to the area?

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 08:52:31 pm
Are there any Hispanic national players playing?  So isn't everyone a foreigner to the area?

Well, there is one from Mexico, Abraham Ancer, or he has dual citizenship. They said today that the highest ranked Mexican automatically got in. But yeah, it was a trick bet.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 08:52:31 pm

I think the top rated Mexican player is on the web.com

Hawgndaaz

Ratings will suck bc Tiger is back but isn't playing in it

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 02, 2018, 07:57:59 am
Ratings will suck bc Tiger is back but isn't playing in it

Why do you care about ratings? 

Jackrabbit Hog

My man the Barn Rat is out of the gate quick.  Just call me Nosterdommus.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2018, 09:57:24 am
My man the Barn Rat is out of the gate quick.  Just call me Nosterdommus.

Which means about as much as trying to collect on your ticket at the pay window at Oaklawn when the horses pass the 1/4 mile post.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 02, 2018, 09:38:24 am
Why do you care about ratings? 

I don't, but this board has been dead a while. trying to stir up the usual stupid arguments, duh.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2018, 10:29:24 am
Which means about as much as trying to collect on your ticket at the pay window at Oaklawn when the horses pass the 1/4 mile post.

I'd be lying on a beach sipping mai tais in Bora Bora if all my horses that led deep into the stretch had just hung on for one more furlong...

Jackrabbit Hog

Asia's John Daly, they call him.  Get to know him.  P.S.  He's leading the tournament right now.

Robert who??

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2018, 04:00:00 pm
Asia's John Daly, they call him.  Get to know him.  P.S.  He's leading the tournament right now.

Robert who??

He'll have to beat Chewbacca.

EastexHawg

Mickelson breaks the drought this week.  No newbie whose name starts with Shank is going to win.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 03, 2018, 09:00:43 pm
Mickelson breaks the drought this week.  No newbie whose name starts with Shank is going to win.

Well, that just guaranteed that Sharma will win.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 04, 2018, 10:00:48 am
Well, that just guaranteed that Sharma will win.

I got a new voodoo doll so Sharma won't get my customary windfall.

Justin Thomas, on the other hand, is making everything.  It's going to take 17-18 under to win.

Boarcephus

JT just holed out on 18 for an eagle and 2 stroke lead.  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 04:01:05 pm
JT just holed out on 18 for an eagle and 2 stroke lead.  ;)

And another journeyman unknown, Justin Thomas, is gonna shoot the round of his life to deprive Phil of a win.  What rotten luck!

Boarcephus

3 way tie at the top with Phil, JT and Hatton with Phil and Hatton with 2 holes to go.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 04:39:27 pm
3 way tie at the top with Phil, JT and Hatton with Phil and Hatton with 1 hole to go.

razCzar

New guy vs old guy.
This should be special.

Boarcephus

Hatton is out.  His ball took a hell of a hop right of the putter. 

Boarcephus

Phil and JT in playoff

EastexHawg

Just call me Notre Damus.

razCzar

After 97 Phil finally comes through!
Love it!
The game needs him to be successful.

Boarcephus

Did you guys see the guy with the camera?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 05:20:19 pm

You mean you got a hunchback?

Congrats to Phil.  One for the old guys.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 04, 2018, 05:23:36 pm
Congrats to Phil.  One for the old guys.

And JT was very gracious. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 05:26:56 pm
And JT was very gracious. 

He's going to win a lot more tournaments in his career. 

Phil loves getting to hang around and play with the young guys.  This win means he will probably get that chance again at the Ryder and Presidents Cups.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 05:20:19 pm

Yep. 

1 out of 87,912 really ain't that bad.

ricepig

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 04, 2018, 06:14:33 pm
Yep. 

1 out of 87,912 really ain't that bad.
Hell of a lot Better than a Powerball ticket.....

EastexHawg

If you just played four days against Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, and John Rahm and came out ahead of them that would be a helluva accomplishment.  This wasn't like winning the Quad Cities Open.

We're going to follow Phil at the Shell Houston Open in four weeks.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 07:21:40 pm
If you just played four days against Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, and John Rahm and came out ahead of them that would be a helluva accomplishment.  This wasn't like winning the Quad Cities Open.

We're going to follow Phil at the Shell Houston Open in four weeks.

Is Phil playing in that?  I would have thought with the Masters the next week he'd get ready for that. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 07:29:36 pm
Is Phil playing in that?  I would have thought with the Masters the next week he'd get ready for that. 

Yes, he always plays Houston.  He likes to play the week before a major (St. Jude, Scottish Open) plus I think he loves Houston because Amy got her cancer treatment there.

They usually have pretty good fields.  We have watched Rory, Ernie Els, Sergio, and plenty of others. 

EastexHawg

I saw Nicklaus at the old course in the Woodlands a couple of weeks after he won the '86 Masters.  The funny thing was that I was planning to go on Saturday just to see Jack.  That was before the internet and when the USA Network coverage ended in Friday afternoon Jack was on the 18th green with a 15-20 foot putt that he had to sink to make the cut.  I didn't know until I looked in the newspaper the next morning that he made it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 07:38:55 pm
Yes, he always plays Houston.  He likes to play the week before a major (St. Jude, Scottish Open) plus I think he loves Houston because Amy got her cancer treatment there.

They usually have pretty good fields.  We have watched Rory, Ernie Els, Sergio, and plenty of others. 

Sounds like a great deal and a fun time.  I love living in Fayetteville but you have to drive a ways to attend a PGA event. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 07:47:51 pm
Sounds like a great deal and a fun time.  I love living in Fayetteville but you have to drive a ways to attend a PGA event. 

Jordan Spieth, Fowler, Stenson, Justin Rose.  It's fun but tiring.  We get there early and figure out where the big names are so we can find and watch them, then go back to #1 to watch groups go through until Phil starts.  We leave the first hole with his group and walk all 18 with them.

A couple of years ago I dropped my water bottle on 16 or 17 and my back was so tight I didn't think I was going to be able to bend over and pick it up.

EastexHawg

Years ago on a Thursday at the Senior Open we walked all 18 with Arnie, then as soon as he finished we picked up Nicklaus on #1 tee and walked the entire round with him, too.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 08:10:25 pm
Years ago on a Thursday at the Senior Open we walked all 18 with Arnie, then as soon as he finished we picked up Nicklaus on #1 tee and walked the entire round with him, too.

That's a good 12-15 mile jaunt.  Our bunch walks when we play and one day one of my buddies wore a fit bit.  A round of golf is good for approx. a 7  mile walk. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 08:16:57 pm
That's a good 12-15 mile jaunt.  Our bunch walks when we play and one day one of my buddies wore a fit bit.  A round of golf is good for approx. a 7  mile walk. 

I think it's farther outside the ropes.  The Golf Club of Houston is the longest and craziest course I have ever walked.  There are holes where I bet spectators have to walk a quarter mile from one green to the next tee.

zane

Was great to see Phil win. The playoff made for a good finish but I really wished Phil would have iced it with the long birdie putt on 18.

And JT is a stud who is going to have a great career.
RIP LSUfan

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 08:32:59 pm
I think it's farther outside the ropes.  The Golf Club of Houston is the longest and craziest course I have ever walked.  There are holes where I bet spectators have to walk a quarter mile from one green to the next tee.

Could be.  The nicer clubs, which the PGA plays on, aren't made for walkers. We've got a course up here where, like you say, it's a hike from one green to the next box. Our bunch bought the push carts several years ago and the only time we ride is when we play in a tournament.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 05, 2018, 07:59:22 am
Could be.  The nicer clubs, which the PGA plays on, aren't made for walkers. We've got a course up here where, like you say, it's a hike from one green to the next box. Our bunch bought the push carts several years ago and the only time we ride is when we play in a tournament.

I bought one of the better push carts 3-4 years ago, one of the 3 wheel jobbies...........

and have yet to use it even once........lol

Mainly because the courses (Greystone, or CCofA) I usually play around here only charge the one fee which includes a cart. Sure they will let you walk if you want but you're still paying the same price as those who use the carts. So unless I can walk and pay less, then screw it. I suppose if I ever try to play the public courses in LR/NLR  such as Rebsamen or Burns Park......or maybe Southern Oaks in Jacksonville I can use the push cart there. All three of those are pretty easy for walking.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 05, 2018, 09:17:29 am
I bought one of the better push carts 3-4 years ago, one of the 3 wheel jobbies...........

and have yet to use it even once........lol

Mainly because the courses (Greystone, or CCofA) I usually play around here only charge the one fee which includes a cart. Sure they will let you walk if you want but you're still paying the same price as those who use the carts. So unless I can walk and pay less, then screw it. I suppose if I ever try to play the public courses in LR/NLR  such as Rebsamen or Burns Park......or maybe Southern Oaks in Jacksonville I can use the push cart there. All three of those are pretty easy for walking.

I remember walking 63 holes one day in high school.  The first 54 holes of bad golf just weren't enough.

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 05, 2018, 09:30:43 am
I remember walking 63 holes one day in high school.  The first 54 holes of bad golf just weren't enough.

I didn't take up golf until I got out of college and moved to Little Rock in my mid 20's. Never had any interests in it before that. Two college buddies who played golf all the time took me with them to Burns Park one day in 1983 to introduce me to the game. We were interrupted by a big thunderstorm after playing just three holes. But by then I was hooked. After that, every day after work I would scrounge up some change from the jar at home to go play nine holes at the Burns Park nine hole course.

The most holes I ever played in one day was 45 holes at Rebsamen. And I walked every bit of it with one of those rental pull carts.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

onebadrubi

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 05, 2018, 09:30:43 am

What a major pus s to quit after that 9 holes at the end.  haha