Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 04:28:35 am

OK, dang it, I'm back on the train

Started by swinesation, February 28, 2018, 09:50:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

I gotta be honest, I quit believing this team had potential to make a run in the tournament somewhere around the LSU loss. We looked so bad for a stretch there. Yes, we were beating the lower half of the SEC, but in my mind the only impressive win we had since beating TN was at Georgia. Beating A&M at home was great, but then KY thumped us at home, and I wasn't surprised. But now, two impressive wins at Bama and against Auburn and I'm back on the train.

We're playing our best basketball right now, and I'm hopeful. We're definitely in the tournament, and I now believe we have a chance to win some games. If we could win at MO and then at least one game in the SEC tourney, we'll probably be a 6 seed or better, which helps our chances even more.

Sorry I quit believing Hogs! But I never stopped watching and rooting for you guys. Let's go Hogs! Make some noise!

Hawg Red

Welcome back.

I did the same thing last year after the Missouri road loss (they were bad) and Vanderbilt home blowout loss (they were without Fisher-Davis). "Never again," I decided after the season was over and we had come very close to beating UNC. It's gonna be rocky at points early and in the middle of SEC play, but you just gotta ride the wave. They usually come around at the right time.

Now, next year is going to be a little step back because we'll be young at every position, but we should be pretty salty in the years after if everyone sticks around.

Letsroll1200

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2018, 10:06:00 am
Welcome back.

I did the same thing last year after the Missouri road loss (they were bad) and Vanderbilt home blowout loss (they were without Fisher-Davis). "Never again," I decided after the season was over and we had come very close to beating UNC. It's gonna be rocky at points early and in the middle of SEC play, but you just gotta ride the wave. They usually come around at the right time.

Now, next year is going to be a little step back because we'll be young at every position, but we should be pretty salty in the years after if everyone sticks around.

If Gafford leaves, the Hogs will be young and small next year. It won't be pretty.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawg Red

Quote from: GuvHog on February 28, 2018, 10:17:33 am
If Gafford leaves, the Hogs will be young and small next year. It won't be pretty.

They'll have a grad transfer big man if Gafford leaves, so calm down.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2018, 10:25:13 am
They'll have a grad transfer big man if Gafford leaves, so calm down.

No, I won't calm down. Having a team with the tallest player being 6'9" and slim is not a good thing. Mike needs to sign a couple of true Big men who are 6'10"+ even if they are only 3 star recruits.

McKdaddy

Quote from: swinesation on February 28, 2018, 09:50:41 am
I gotta be honest, I quit believing this team had potential to make a run in the tournament somewhere around the LSU loss. We looked so bad for a stretch there. Yes, we were beating the lower half of the SEC, but in my mind the only impressive win we had since beating TN was at Georgia. Beating A&M at home was great, but then KY thumped us at home, and I wasn't surprised. But now, two impressive wins at Bama and against Auburn and I'm back on the train.

We're playing our best basketball right now, and I'm hopeful. We're definitely in the tournament, and I now believe we have a chance to win some games. If we could win at MO and then at least one game in the SEC tourney, we'll probably be a 6 seed or better, which helps our chances even more.

Sorry I quit believing Hogs! But I never stopped watching and rooting for you guys. Let's go Hogs! Make some noise!

Agreed.

#NotAHater
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawg Red

Quote from: GuvHog on February 28, 2018, 10:48:39 am
No, I won't calm down. Having a team with the tallest player being 6'9" and slim is not a good thing. Mike needs to sign a couple of true Big men who are 6'10"+ even if they are only 3 star recruits.

Alright. Spazz out at your own risk, then.

What you want isn't going to happen. But we will likely see a grad transfer big man if Gafford goes pro.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2018, 10:52:15 am

What you want isn't going to happen. But we will likely see a grad transfer big man if Gafford goes pro.

If he is at least 6'10", I'm good with that.

sickboy

Auburn's starting five average height is, like, 6'4" or something. They're starting a power forward that's 6'3" and their biggest guy is 6'8". You can win without height.

Bacon_Bitz

dude you are always looking for the negative.  the #1 team in the conference right now doesn't have a player over 6'8" in the rotation. 

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on February 28, 2018, 10:55:44 am
Auburn's starting five average height is, like, 6'4" or something. They're starting a power forward that's 6'3" and their biggest guy is 6'8". You can win without height.

Daniel Gafford killed them last night. That's what happens when a team is smaller. Auburn will get killed in the lane in the NCAA Tournament.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: swinesation on February 28, 2018, 09:50:41 am

Fans like you go with the direction of the wind. Your optimistic, then your pessimistic and say the team and coach have lost you, then they win 2 or 3 and you are back on the train. Typical schizophrenic fan. I get it. Most fans do not understand how to evaluate a team and staff so they go by W's and L's only.

This team is too inconsistent. The bench scores a lot and they win. The bench scores very little, like they did vs KY at home, and they lose badly. They don't rebound and they lose. They suddenly decided to rebound, or just get lucky bounces off the iron, and they win. They run the offense and look good and get results or Macon and Barford and Beard decide to go one on one or jack 3's and they lose. This team never gives the same effort for 40 min. And the coach doesn't not hold them accountable. Thus, this team will not go too far. I see them losing to Missouri on Saturday, winning 1 game in SECT. Being a 8 seed in NCAAT and hopefully winning first round  then out in 2nd round. Same song, 3rd verse.

Next year, losing 6 or 7 seniors and possibly losing Gafford, Anderson is looking at a losing record in SEC play. Something along the lines of 6-10 at best.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GuvHog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 28, 2018, 10:56:08 am
dude you are always looking for the negative.  the #1 team in the conference right now doesn't have a player over 6'8" in the rotation. 

And they got killed underneath by Gafford last night because of their lack of size.

k.c.hawg

Enjoy this year!! That's the problem with many on this board, they can never live in the moment. They have to live in the rearview mirror or be looking in a crystal ball. Everyone looking in their crystal ball when we were 11-5, 12-6 bailed.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:01:02 am
Fans like you go with the direction of the wind. Your optimistic, then your pessimistic and say the team and coach have lost you, then they win 2 or 3 and you are back on the train. Typical schizophrenic fan. I get it. Most fans do not understand how to evaluate a team and staff so they go by W's and L's only.

This team is too inconsistent. The bench scores a lot and they win. The bench scores very little, like they did vs KY at home, and they lose badly. They don't rebound and they lose. They suddenly decided to rebound, or just get lucky bounces off the iron, and they win. They run the offense and look good and get results or Macon and Barford and Beard decide to go one on one or jack 3's and they lose. This team never gives the same effort for 40 min. And the coach doesn't not hold them accountable. Thus, this team will not go too far. I see them losing to Missouri on Saturday, winning 1 game in SECT. Being a 8 seed in NCAAT and hopefully winning first round  then out in 2nd round. Same song, 3rd verse.

Next year, losing 6 or 7 seniors and possibly losing Gafford, Anderson is looking at a losing record in SEC play. Something along the lines of 6-10 at best.
Pure garbage3 post. you haters just will not stop your whining and crying.but you may as well stop it,because Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here.and it does not matter if you like it.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:01:02 am

Stating BS as if it is fact. Another Minister of Misinformation.

If the coaches and players thought like you they would be 15-15 at this point. You must wake up convinced you are going to have a wreck on the way to work, get fired for being late, and return home to find out your house was hit by a meteorite. Good thing for Hog fans, these players and coaches don't think like you.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

daprospecta

Think about what you are doing.  You are upset over a situation that has not happened yet and the current season isn't over.  Save this complaint IF this scenario plays out.

daprospecta

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 28, 2018, 11:08:35 am
Pure garbage3 post. you haters just will not stop your whining and crying.but you may as well stop it,because Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here.and it does not matter if you like it.
Haters are literally talking about next year's record because they can no longer complain about our record this year. Amazing.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 28, 2018, 11:08:35 am
I do not care if Anderson is the head coach or not. All I care about is W's. Next year, the W's are going to be much fewer than they were this year in all likelihood. If you cannot handle just the prospect of that, then you are very fragile.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

forrest city joe

I heard the same stuff when Dusty,Kingsley and Watkins left last year.how did that work out for you guys?hogs are going dancing yet again.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 28, 2018, 11:08:59 am
Stating BS as if it is fact. Another Minister of Misinformation.
Stating it as fact? You cannot read with comprehension. You have a lot of company here. I said, "...looking at..." I did not say it is baked in the cake or guaranteed. I think it is likely. We will see. As for the current season, look for 1 win in SECT and 1 win in NCAAT. Will not finish in top 25 once again.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2018, 10:52:15 am

You should know better than to argue with guv.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:11:56 am
I do not care if Anderson is the head coach or not. All I care about is W's. Next year, the W's are going to be much fewer than they were this year in all likelihood. If you cannot handle just the prospect of that, then you are very fragile.

No we aren't fragile. We just realize by seeing your posts, that your doomsday scenarios never come true. That's all.

sickboy

Quote from: GuvHog on February 28, 2018, 11:00:08 am
Daniel Gafford killed them last night. That's what happens when a team is smaller. Auburn will get killed in the lane in the NCAA Tournament.

Yeah, but you're acting like you can't win. Auburn is a leading the conference.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 28, 2018, 11:14:14 am
No we aren't fragile. We just realize by seeing your posts, that your doomsday scenarios never come true. That's all.
They have come true every year since Anderson has been the head coach. Every single year. We have not won the SEC. We have not finished in top 25 and we have not been past the 2nd round of the NCAAT. We struggle to win 10 games in SECT every year. I have literally nailed it every year for past 7 seasons. 2 NCAAT's in 6 years and 2 NCAAT wins.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:13:47 am
Stating it as fact? You cannot read with comprehension. You have a lot of company here. I said, "...looking at..." I did not say it is baked in the cake or guaranteed. I think it is likely. We will see. As for the current season, look for 1 win in SECT and 1 win in NCAAT. Will not finish in top 25 once again.

No, he's not looking at 6 wins. Most men I know wake up confident they are going to get the job done. You might wake up every day knowing the world is going to abuse you and you are going to fail. I'm pretty sure when the appropriate time comes (AFTER THIS SEASON), Mike Anderson will sit down and chart a path for next years team to be successful. 

ThisGuy

Hogville got to be the only place to complain after a big win lol look let's just enjoy the ride we are playing our best basketball at the right time with a chance to set ourselves up for a pretty good seed in the NCAA tournament. I'm sure mike has a plan for the event that Gafford goes to the NBA

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:16:40 am
They have come true every year since Anderson has been the head coach. Every single year. We have not won the SEC. We have not finished in top 25 and we have not been past the 2nd round of the NCAAT. We struggle to win 10 games in SECT every year. I have literally nailed it every year for past 7 seasons. 2 NCAAT's in 6 years and 2 NCAAT wins.

Meanwhile please don't mention your other 20, 761 posts. I can successfully predict on Jan the 1st that every person born that year is going to die, but I'm not so good posting about how everyday in their life is going to go.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 28, 2018, 11:16:40 am

Three solid recruiting classes in a row. NCAA 3 out of last 4 years. I could go on but nah. Here's a number for you to call, 1-800-273-8255 because life is worth living.
Hogs up! Covid down!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: ThisGuy on February 28, 2018, 11:26:16 am
Hogville got to be the only place to complain after a big win lol look let's just enjoy the ride we are playing our best basketball at the right time with a chance to set ourselves up for a pretty good seed in the NCAA tournament. I'm sure mike has a plan for the event that Gafford goes to the NBA

Obviously you don't spend much time here.

Vantage 8 dude

This most certainly has been one of the more frustrating of seasons as times. So often we've looked great, especially early in the year, and with our senior laden talent you would expect that. At other times, however, we've played as if we're lost: the first game against TAM and the blow out loss at home against Kentucky (and this NOT a vintage UK team) and being swept by LSU are three prime examples. Hopefully as the season's progressed our horrible road struggles seem to have been dealt with. We most certainly need to learn to play well on the road because starting on Saturday I don't know of any other games we'll be afforded the luxury of playing in front of a super friendly crowd.