Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golf Channel announcer today

Started by ocsm158, February 25, 2018, 01:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 08:40:54 am
I was joking.

Well ya got me. I don't follow that sport so I had no idea if it was true or not. I just knew I hadn't heard anything on Tyson the last century or so and figured the ear biter would be all over the sports news had he passed.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 01, 2018, 09:01:14 amI just knew I hadn't heard anything on Tyson the last century or so and figured the ear biter would be all over the sports news had he passed.

My wife and I were in Chicago for the Senior Open the night of that fight.  I mentioned that I might be interested in seeing it so she said to find a place that was showing it.

I pulled into a big sports bar and we paid I think $40 each to get in.  We hadn't been inside 5 minutes the first time Tyson bit Holyfield and they almost stopped the fight.  Needless to say I was not happy.  Luckily they let the fight go on and I thought we had dodged a bullet.

Then, of course, he did it again.  I was in disbelief and so pissed that at that moment I would have gotten into the ring with that idiot myself.

Dillar Dog

I would've paid $40 to see you get in the ring with him.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 04, 2018, 08:41:26 pm
I would've paid $40 to see you get in the ring with him.

I would have only won the weigh-in.  I was 7 inches taller and outweighed him by 45 pounds.  My anger would have only carried me so far, though.

That reminds me of something a college kid told me years ago..."I can run faster when I'm scared than you can when you are mad."

Dillar Dog

Your anger would've gotten you a nice visit to the hospital in about 10 seconds.

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2018, 08:48:42 pm
I would have only won the weigh-in.  I was 7 inches taller and outweighed him by 45 pounds.  My anger would have only carried me so far, though.

That reminds me of something a college kid told me years ago..."I can run faster when I'm scared than you can when you are mad."

Haha........ I'll have to remember that one.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 04, 2018, 09:54:38 pm
Your anger would've gotten you a nice visit to the hospital in about 10 seconds.
with or without his ears intact?

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 05, 2018, 02:02:23 am

That was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in sports, maybe the craziest.  The first time was unbelievable, but a second?  Surely Tyson knew he wasn't going to get away with it.  Was he just that crazy or was he trying to get disqualified?  It's hard to tell when you are dealing with a world famous man who covers half his face with a tattoo.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 05, 2018, 02:02:23 am

With.  It would look a lot like Jimmy thunder vs Crawford Grimsley

onebadrubi

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 04, 2018, 09:54:38 pm

Or a broken neck from an uppercut...in the first 10 seconds.
Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 06, 2018, 03:28:33 pm
Or a broken neck from an uppercut...in the first 10 seconds.

It was a joke.  I'm not going to get into a boxing match with Tyson any more than that moron is going to challenge me to a spelling bee.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 07, 2018, 08:51:51 pm
It was a joke.  I'm not going to get into a boxing match with Tyson any more than that moron is going to challenge me to a spelling bee.

He's irrelevant now.  Just as he once predicted, he has faded into Bolivian.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 07, 2018, 09:17:51 pm

Took his hands off to Lewis before he faded to Bolivian.

EastexHawg

March 07, 2018, 10:17:20 pm #64 Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:35:14 am by EastexHawg
Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 07, 2018, 09:17:51 pm

Is that anything like Larry Holmes saying Gerry Cooney was a very "unokwadok" fighter?

PonderinHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 07, 2018, 10:17:20 pm
Is that anything like Larry Holmes saying Gerry Cooney was a very "unokwadok" fighter?
What ???

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 07, 2018, 08:51:51 pm

I know it was a joke.
Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Tyson's career is the perfect example of a crying shame.  Early in his career, when he was receiving and actually acting upon his training from Cus D'Amato and Kevin Rooney, he was on his way to becoming an all-time great of the sport.  He was a ferocious combination of power, speed, and defensive ability.  Then...it all went to hell in a handbasket.  He ended his career as somewhat of a caricature, but I'm not going to let that take away from what he accomplished in his first five years as a fighter.  He was as devastating as he was hyped to be.

Dillar Dog

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 08, 2018, 11:44:02 am
Tyson's career is the perfect example of a crying shame.  Early in his career, when he was receiving and actually acting upon his training from Cus D'Amato and Kevin Rooney, he was on his way to becoming an all-time great of the sport.  He was a ferocious combination of power, speed, and defensive ability.  Then...it all went to hell in a handbasket.  He ended his career as somewhat of a caricature, but I'm not going to let that take away from what he accomplished in his first five years as a fighter.  He was as devastating as he was hyped to be.

His loss to Buster Douglas is still one of the biggest surprises/upsets of my sports watching lifetime. Devastating is a good word for him.
Go away, batin'