Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Choke-lahoma

Started by razorpimp, February 19, 2018, 10:24:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorpimp

Damn Oklahoma sucking it's killing the Hogs!  Our win against them used to look great now more pedestrian! 

2-8 in last 10
4-10 in last 14

they have lost their last 8 games on the road, haven't won one in 2018...

Gotta start winning again OK....

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Breems

Fire Trae Young? Fire Lon Kruger?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TNhawgfan

Lunardi says win 2 of last 3 to even make tourney
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lynbug

One of the biggest surprises (among many) of the season.

FineAsSwine

Does this mean Krueger can't coach fundamentals and doesn't know x's and o's? Guess dude just rolls the balls out for practice and goes and has a few drinks at the bar.

He has a lottery pick at the point. Everybody on Hogville knows having an elite point guard is a ticket to the final four, right? Who gets the blame for Oklahoma's tailspin?
Hogs up! Covid down!

lynbug

Excellent point.  This has been a crazy year and we know there's plenty of praise and blam.e to go around

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm hating Choklasota as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 20, 2018, 09:40:49 am

If Oklahoma and Minnesota would have held their ground it would have been a nice resume complement with Houston cracking into the top 25 this week.   

Breems

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 20, 2018, 09:02:42 am
Does this mean Krueger can't coach fundamentals and doesn't know x's and o's? Guess dude just rolls the balls out for practice and goes and has a few drinks at the bar.

He has a lottery pick at the point. Everybody on Hogville knows having an elite point guard is a ticket to the final four, right? Who gets the blame for Oklahoma's tailspin?

He's just bouncing the ball out there for Trae. Needs to roll it out there like Mike!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 20, 2018, 09:40:49 am

Nice one dude. Too funny. +1 for Choklasota. I can see this expanding to other teams very nicely. Now I'm waiting for Misstate to lose a few more so I can spring Chokedogs on them. Haha.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 10:25:49 am
He's just bouncing the ball out there for Trae. Needs to roll it out there like Mike!

It's all in the wrist action baby. Gotta be smooth with the stroke and put a little English on it like rolling a bowling ball. Krueger don't know nuthin' bout dat.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on February 20, 2018, 10:15:04 am
If Oklahoma and Minnesota would have held their ground it would have been a nice resume complement with Houston cracking into the top 25 this week.

Yes, you're right. Not sure what is going on with Oklahoma. Big surprise right there. Minnesota's issues were starting to become apparent even though they were ranked when we played them so, wasn't shocked to see them fade but Oklahoma was on fire for a while and we beat them when they (and Trae) were playing their best basketball.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Kevin

never thought I would see a kruger coached team not play defense
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

niels_boar

Kruger wore Young out without getting more balance on offense.  During the first half of the season they were consistently playing games in the high 70's and low 80's possessions.  Our game against them was 85 possession, which is a major reason we underperformed against UNC.  Young is averaging 35 minutes a game on the season.

OU was one of the best offensive teams in the nation through about 17 games.  Their O has cratered since.  They are barely averaging 1.00 ppp over the last five games.  Their treys have completely dried up.  The Sooners are struggling to shoot 30% from the arc lately.  Big 12 opponents have also slowed them down to low 70's possessions per game. 

Their defense was never great, but it has steadily gotten worse as the season progressed, especially the arc defense.  They have gone from decisively winning the arc with consistency to losing it big.  That's the big change.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Atlhogfan1

Kruger tried getting more energy at the start by inserting 3 new starters.  He's just guessing at this point.  KU jumped on them and built up a big lead quickly.  OU played pretty well through the middle part of the game.  Just couldn't catch up from the start and gave out down the stretch. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

k.c.hawg

Yep. And I remember mid season when they surged and we went in a funk, how many pointed out that we were lucky we got them when they did. We would never beat them now. And now, we might beat them by 20.  We suck, Oklahoma is great. Hogville being Hogville.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

niels_boar

February 20, 2018, 11:59:39 am #18 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:25:35 pm by niels_boar
Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 20, 2018, 11:09:41 am
Yes, you're right. Not sure what is going on with Oklahoma. Big surprise right there. Minnesota's issues were starting to become apparent even though they were ranked when we played them so, wasn't shocked to see them fade but Oklahoma was on fire for a while and we beat them when they (and Trae) were playing their best basketball.

Minnesota's problem was that Lynch got kicked out of school and then other injuries hit.  They won five games in a row after they played us.  Then Lynch got suspended.  Their big problems before playing was losing a close game at home to Miami, an NCAAT team, without McBrayer and then losing at Nebraska, who has won 20 games and is on the bubble. Their play leading up to our game had nothing to do with their current fade.  The team we played was an NCAAT team. Minnesota also got screwed last night.  Wisconsin tripped Mason on his game-winning attempt.  Somehow incidental tripping is no longer a foul.  I don't know how many times I've seen drivers against Arkansas trip over their own feet and get a call.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: niels_boar on February 20, 2018, 11:59:39 am
Minnesota's problem was that Lynch got kicked out of school and then other injuries hit.  They won five games in a row after they played us.  Then Lynch got suspended.  Their big problems before playing was was losing a close game at home to Miami, an NCAAT team, without McBrayer and then losing at Nebraska, who has won 20 games and is on the bubble. Their play leading up to our game had nothing to do with their current fade.  The team we played was an NCAAT team. Minnesota also got screwed last night.  Wisconsin tripped Mason on his game-winning attempt.  Somehow incidental tripping is no longer a foul.  I don't know how many times I've seen drivers against Arkansas trip over their own feet and get a call.

Everything you said it true. I should have been clearer that I was talking about Curry being hurt and how that took away from their inside strength and presence. They would have been a stronger opponent had Curry been available when we played them. After that, they sprung a few more leaks.
Hogs up! Covid down!

code red

Maybe just maybe....they aren't very good.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

niels_boar

Quote from: code red on February 20, 2018, 12:25:20 pm
Maybe just maybe....they aren't very good.

Pre-February they beat Oregon in Portland, USC in LA, Wichita St. in Wichita, as well as Texas Tech and Kansas at home.  I think it's pretty clear that they were very good and then their play fell off quite a bit in February.

code red

Quote from: niels_boar on February 20, 2018, 12:31:27 pm
Pre-February they beat Oregon in Portland, USC in LA, Wichita St. in Wichita, as well as Texas Tech and Kansas at home.  I think it's pretty clear that they were very good and then their play fell off quite a bit in February.
So...your saying their not very good?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

niels_boar

Quote from: code red on February 20, 2018, 12:34:16 pm
So...your saying their not very good?

No. Good teams can suddenly start playing poorly and just as suddenly be good teams again.  See South Carolina last year.