Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

michigan state ad resigns

Started by Kevin, January 26, 2018, 10:31:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RME

Great post directly related to Arkansas Razorbacks football.

grayhawg

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 10:31:54 am
seems like a program that is in need of some integrity.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2018/01/26/mark-hollis-resigns-michigan-state-athletic-director/109835108/
Jeff Long are you paying attention, here's an opening in your part of the country. The perfect place for you.

Kevin

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 10:38:16 am

relates to Arkansas razorbacks money they are having to spend.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RME

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 10:39:24 am
relates to Arkansas razorbacks money they are having to spend.

It really doesn't at all. It's not the University of Arkansas' job to push Jeff Long to take the position at Michigan State University. That decision is strictly between Jeff Long and Michigan State University. The University of Arkansas has nothing to do with who fills that vacancy.

go hogues

Quote from: grayhawg on January 26, 2018, 10:39:09 am
Jeff Long are you paying attention, here's an opening in your part of the country. The perfect place for you.

First thought I had. You know he's politickin' BIG TIME to ride in as the moral savior in his old stomping grounds.

I'll be shocked if they don't hire him.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

rljjr

Quote from: go hogues on January 26, 2018, 12:29:48 pm
First thought I had. You know he's politickin' BIG TIME to ride in as the moral savior in his old stomping grounds.

I'll be shocked if they don't hire him.

I'm sure he could find better jobs without all the garbage to deal with. Who would want that headache ... AND the weather? I think he's holding out for a better climate, like Stanford. He has our money to hold him over, although he knows he's going to have to get back in the saddle sooner than later. All of that to say -- it could happen.

cityhog

firing Long was quite possibly one of the dumbest things this athletic department/university has ever done. And that's saying a lot because there have been a lot of very stupid decisions happen over there. From the chairman of the football playoff committee to the guy who hired serial cheater K Sampson. Only in Arkansas folks.

go hogues

Quote from: rljjr on January 26, 2018, 12:40:21 pm
I'm sure he could find better jobs without all the garbage to deal with. Who would want that headache ... AND the weather? I think he's holding out for a better climate, like Stanford. He has our money to hold him over, although he knows he's going to have to get back in the saddle sooner than later. All of that to say -- it could happen.
If I'm not mistaken, he applied for the Stanford position when it was open a few years ago?

His wife is from Michigan, he spent time at UM and they'll want a squeaky clean guy. It's almost too good to be true for him.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

little pigee

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 10:38:16 am
As if much on this board does lately.  And get the pencils out of your nose! 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 10:41:14 am
It really doesn't at all. It's not the University of Arkansas' job to push Jeff Long to take the position at Michigan State University. That decision is strictly between Jeff Long and Michigan State University. The University of Arkansas has nothing to do with who fills that vacancy.
yes but part of his package to leave was he had to be active in a new job hunt.

rhog1

https://twitter.com/BarstoolMSU/status/956975257222512640
BREAKING NEWS: Sources close to the Athletic Department reporting that Izzo may retire within next few days, Dantonio soon to follow.
Seems like Michigan state is Baylor 2.0. Barstool sports is reporting that Izzo and Dantionio are both out in the coming days.

Torqued pork

ESPN is all over this. Heads will roll.

Cargill A. BullHog

You dont think they will come after Yurchak?  Ive heard only good things about this new AD and dont want any interference from big boys up north
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 05:59:01 pm
You dont think they will come after Yurchak?  Ive heard only good things about this new AD and dont want any interference from big boys up north

Anything can happen but he has no ties to there. Why leave a good job that doesn't have, as far as we know, near the problems that one could have with these things coming out now. Besides Fayetteville is the tropics compared to East Lansing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

holeinthewall

Emmert knew about this and did nothing. Big changes coming to the NCAA now. Saban may want to retire the entire SEC will now get their exposed for the payments without Emmert there to cover it up

kodiakisland

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 27, 2018, 06:42:38 am
Emmert knew about this and did nothing. Big changes coming to the NCAA now. Saban may want to retire the entire SEC will now get their exposed for the payments without Emmert there to cover it up

Changes?  I doubt it.  Lots and lots of people at many colleges are allowing this behavior.  They will protect themselves like MSU protected their doctor.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

yuptol