Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flanagan flips to OSU

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 18, 2017, 05:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't.

Your stupidity is almost shocking! How in the world can you not understand the circumstances the new coaching staff are faced with. Not only have they only been here a few weeks, but our program just finished a terrible season on top of that. You  obviously love to cry and beg for attention. HV needs to have a kiddie forum for fans that post the kind of nonsense you love posting. Go in the corner until your ready to be a big boy. Go Hogs!
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Hawgphat

All that I know about Morris is what I've read online in the past few days, but He seems to be a high-energy go-getter.  It stands to reason that he's not likely to run the table on top-notch recruits; but I have no unreasoning fear that we're going to end up behind the 8-ball due to Morris' inadequacies and failures in his recruiting pursuits.

Good grief; - give the man a chance!

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 18, 2017, 09:39:40 pm
Your stupidity is almost shocking! How in the world can you not understand the circumstances the new coaching staff are faced with. Not only have they only been here a few weeks, but our program just finished a terrible season on top of that. You  obviously love to cry and beg for attention. HV needs to have a kiddie forum for fans that post the kind of nonsense you love posting. Go in the corner until your ready to be a big boy. Go Hogs!

Two year free pass?

HogFoo

Well I figured the numbers would work out where Morris would be able to get a lot more kids that he recruited than was on the commit list.  And looks like another spot opened up. Not worried one bit about Morris filling this spot. Could have used homegrown talent, but looks like he had other ideas. So, see ya.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

razortrack

Best of luck. Hate to lose any kid that we go after, but this does not hurt.

CDBHawg

First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't.

Welcome to the world of recruiting. Where 25 get signed, normally, out of the 200+ offers.

Morris will be judged ultimately by his W/L record, not a commit flipping during his 1st month on the job.

SooieGeneris

It always stings a bit to lose an instate kid, especially one who has been committed for months.

Having said that, the staff he committed to is no longer here except for Lunney, Jr and the new staff did what they could.

It's like accidentally hitting your thumb with a hammer, it's not fatal and it only hurts for a little while.

Now, just go get another player of equal or better ability from out of state hopefully and most will forget the ones that got away.

When will some fans learn that NOBODY, not even 'Bama, gets every instate player they offer? The days of players staying with the in state school 100% of the time are over!

Look around the college football world, not just at UA or the state of AR. Players from all over the country go to schools hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away.

Players from OK sometimes go to Texas or Ohio State with a program that is 12-1 and in the CFB playoff right down the road.

Adults need to have the good sense to not troll him or any other kid who goes elsewhere. I won't root for Okie Lite just because he's there, except when they play Oh You, nor will I root against them unless they play us.

It is what it is, players have the same right to go where they want just as out of state players have the right to go to UA.

Just going off of what tape I've seen, it would have been nice to have both, but I would rather have Bishop if we could just have one of the two.

Ferrell is a nice pickup also and the big kids in the line are harder to find than safeties or WRs.

I hope we get GB, but if not, we have a good QB committed and we'll just have to roll with him.

Having a 21 year old son, I know how fickle young men are and it is a big decision. Let's roll with what we get, what other choice do we have?

I'm not about to make myself miserable over the choices that teenagers make..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Stu

I seem to remember that a certain Ken Hatfield lost out on 3 highly desirable recruits his first recruiting class as head coach; Keith Jackson, Mark Huston (sp?), and Eric Mitchell. My guess is that all 3 would have been ranked higher nationally than Mr. Flanagan. Who knows?  What I do know is that Coach Hatfield turned out just fine.  I believe he is responsible for the Hogs last 2 conference championships.

Perhaps Coach Morris will have similar success?  Again, who knows?   I think I will wait before passing judgment.   It is totally senseless to be a chicken little drama toddler queen when it comes to a coach's first recruiting class.

codeHog

this is worse for Lunney than Morris

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 18, 2017, 07:44:42 pm
He liked Paul Rhoads and didn't like the delay in the new staff contacting him.
Now if the last part is true then it is absolutely a failure.

colbs

One thing that hurt is that even Lunney couldn't go out and recruit until the CCM wa hired.  So there was almost 2 weeks where Okie Lite was going strong after him and Arkansas wasn't doing much.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 18, 2017, 09:40:50 pm
Two year free pass?
Not necessarily. However, I'll most certainly give him longer than a two WEEK free pass. BTW at this point that's about how long the man has been our coach. GEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!! ::)

Vantage 8 dude

Piggfoot

December 19, 2017, 12:11:25 am #116 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:41:15 am by Piggfoot
Wonder how much not having a DC named hurt with Him or perhaps he didn't like the Mike Woods flip. Is OSU wanting him at WR or Safety?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

southeasthog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 18, 2017, 10:23:01 pm

It appears that is not the case.

Quote from: Granny fan on December 18, 2017, 09:24:05 pm
I personally know this young man.  I know CCM made a home visit to him the next day after he was hired.  If Sean Michael has chosen OSU, it has been his decision, totally.  No fault on our new staff.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: razortrack on December 18, 2017, 09:49:37 pm
Best of luck. Hate to lose any kid that we go after, but this does not hurt.

I hope they save the scholarships for the late signing period. Give them more time to look into more prospects.

I just don't think this kid is worth the trouble he was looking to get out for a while now. Coaches at Charleston are not the reason. If so then which coach guided him to Okie State? Name him and I'll go down there and ask?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 19, 2017, 12:11:25 am
Wonder how much not having a DC named hurt with Him or perhaps he didn't like the Mike Woods flip. Is OSU wanting him at WR or Safety?

NOPE..If that was the case he would have waited this is the kids choice. Simple he was looking for a reason and he got one. Go get another player hopefully a 4 star..

Save the ship for the late period.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 10:28:48 pm
One thing that hurt is that even Lunney couldn't go out and recruit until the CCM wa hired.  So there was almost 2 weeks where Okie Lite was going strong after him and Arkansas wasn't doing much.

Yes. Stupid decision by the university

Coach B

Not high on 2A players out of Arkansas HS

searkhogfan

Quote from: Stu on December 18, 2017, 10:06:31 pm
I seem to remember that a certain Ken Hatfield lost out on 3 highly desirable recruits his first recruiting class as head coach; Keith Jackson, Mark Huston (sp?), and Eric Mitchell. My guess is that all 3 would have been ranked higher nationally than Mr. Flanagan. Who knows?  What I do know is that Coach Hatfield turned out just fine.  I believe he is responsible for the Hogs last 2 conference championships.

Perhaps Coach Morris will have similar success?  Again, who knows?   I think I will wait before passing judgment.   It is totally senseless to be a chicken little drama toddler queen when it comes to a coach's first recruiting class.

Keith Jackson & Eric Mitchell weren't in the same class. Jackson & Hutson were 1984. Mitchell 1985

Kevin

when is this jackwagon getting banned.  tired of his act.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGS82

Growing up in Arkansas, I will never understand NOT wanting to play for the Hogs (aside from kids whose parents have special connections elsewhere  e.g. Lee Ziemba).

I hope he comes to regret his decision.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

jbigs77

I don't know, but maybe there was more going on than what we know. Coach evaluated him, maybe saw something? Or met with him, something happened or attitude? Jus saying, maybe he didn't flip, maybe coach flipped him.

AirWarren

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 19, 2017, 08:27:09 am
Growing up in Arkansas, I will never understand NOT wanting to play for the Hogs (aside from kids whose parents have special connections elsewhere  e.g. Lee Ziemba).

Don't cry over spilt hog teat milk.

We have a Charleston product on campus who hasn't done much. So.....I for one....am willing to lose this one in trade of a true contributor.

Pudgepork

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 19, 2017, 07:01:34 am
Keith Jackson & Eric Mitchell weren't in the same class. Jackson & Hutson were 1984. Mitchell 1985

Also, Holtz was the coach who should have been recruiting Jackson and Hutson.I've heard Jackson say Holtz just assumed high school players in Arkansas would come to Arkansas.  They didn't feel wanted by Holtz as Switzer wanted them

farmhawg

They saw him the day CCM was hired.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pudgepork

Farmhawg, if your avatar is your daughter, can I be your son in law?

jkstock04

Have you paid any attention to the Razorback football program the past 6 years? Compare that with Oklahoma State.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 18, 2017, 09:39:40 pm
Your new knickname should be 'Troll Swatter'!  +1

ElDawgHawg

Rumor was that the new staff didn't feel like he was a good "fit".  Take that for what it's worth. 
#WPS

hogmolar

CCM and CBL personally visited him the Thursday after it was announced on Wednesday that CCM is the coach.  Not a lot of a delay.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on December 19, 2017, 09:23:24 am
Rumor was that the new staff didn't feel like he was a good "fit".  Take that for what it's worth. 
if that is the case then why did they bring him in for his official visit last Saturday.

AirWarren

AKA north Arkansas slow.

Press on.

buldozer

Years ago every arkansas kid wanted to play for the hogs..... not as much now. CBBs legacy here will take a while to overcome. But with a new AD and head coach that prioritize arkansas kids and who recognize the state is not centered around NWA, it can be overcome. I hope this staff appreciates our in-state recruits no matter what part of the state they come from, and values them more than out of state kids with no state pride to play for.

Grizzlyfan

Is Flanagan going to be a receiver or defensive secondary?

hogsanity

Quote from: farmhawg on December 18, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
Obviously an alternate account of someone deleted.....

seems to be an epidemic.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:23:03 pm
Good job Morris
Since you're obviously more than ready to blame Morris for any/every commit that might decide to go elsewhere I have to wonder if you'll be just as ready to give kudos and "good job" posts for any/every recruit he actually gets to flip TO us ??? I mean he obviously got Bishop to change his pledge from MSU. He also brought in Ferrell who apparently wasn't even on CBB's radar.

So before you get too snarky and critical in your judgment of Morris' efforts let's see if you actually have the gonads to present things fairly. My money is solidly on your continuing the weasel you are and of course continuing your unbalanced criticism.

Hogtimes

December 19, 2017, 11:21:59 am #140 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:14:51 pm by Hogtimes

We needed and wanted him...he wanted OSU so he flipped...time to move on...no excuses...it happens

Wooderson

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 19, 2017, 11:07:57 am
Since you're obviously more than ready to blame Morris for any/every commit that might decide to go elsewhere I have to wonder if you'll be just as ready to give kudos and "good job" posts for any/every recruit he actually gets to flip TO us ??? I mean he obviously got Bishop to change his pledge from MSU. He also brought in Ferrell who apparently wasn't even on CBB's radar.

So before you get too snarky and critical in your judgment of Morris' efforts let's see if you actually have the gonads to present things fairly. My money is solidly on your continuing the weasel you are and of course continuing your unbalanced criticism.

Check out the first page.  I said good job on Bishop and Ferrell.  Bad job on Bohanon and Flanigan.  I think that's fair and have no problem saying it.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 11:43:37 am
Check out the first page.  I said good job on Bishop and Ferrell.  Bad job on Bohanon and Flanigan.  I think that's fair and have no problem saying it.

Bad job? Lol...it's recruiting. Every coach in America "loses" more than the "win".

Muleriderhog

Well when the hogs have been trash for the majority of their lives outside of 2 years it's completely understandable. If I was a high profile recruit right now I'd choose several other schools over Arkansas and I've lived here my entire life.

Stu

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 19, 2017, 07:01:34 am

Well, that makes my point even better.  Hatfield missed out on the top recruits in back to back years and he still became the winningest coach in Arkansas history.   In other words, while missing out on top in-state recruits is not ideal, it doesn't necessarily equate in the head coach's ability to recruit and/or more importantly, win games. 

Time will tell how this will turn out.  Chad knows he has to win games and he knows he has to find and develop talent in order to do just that.

Some on here either have unrealistic expectations of what success means or they just hate the idea of Chad being our head coach that they are just hoping he fails.  I will never understand people like that, just remember that what manner of judgment you use to judge others will be used to judge you. 

I know, I am old and out of touch.  So be it.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2017, 06:20:34 pm
Well, that makes my point even better.  Hatfield missed out on the top recruits in back to back years and he still became the winningest coach in Arkansas history.   In other words, while missing out on top in-state recruits is not ideal, it doesn’t necessarily equate in the head coach’s ability to recruit and/or more importantly, win games. 

Time will tell how this will turn out.  Chad knows he has to win games and he knows he has to find and develop talent in order to do just that.

Some on here either have unrealistic expectations of what success means or they just hate the idea of Chad being our head coach that they are just hoping he fails.  I will never understand people like that, just remember that what manner of judgment you use to judge others will be used to judge you. 

I know, I am old and out of touch.  So be it.

Agreed,  Hatfield actually rescinded Mitchell's scholarship offer.  It was always speculated that OU set Mama Mitchell up in Norman.  She moved there when he went to school there.  I think if Mitchell could do it all over again.  He'd chosen Arkansas.  OU & Switzer put the screws to him once they had him there..

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: rljjr on December 18, 2017, 07:09:12 pm
Nope. I think it's just the normal course when coaching staffs change. You lose some, you get others. It's not a big deal. 

I have a strong feeling he is new to college football and college recruiting.  Understanding will quite likely come to him once he gets more experience.