Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Memphis

Started by Memhogs, December 16, 2017, 11:07:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

Memphis always has good players. Whitehaven HS is consistently good and has won many state championships... Clemson pulled a stud runningback out of Trezevant HS last year, and we pulled Chase Hayden out of Memphis's suburbs last season as well!
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Would be nice.

Don't know why past coaches gave up on Memphis. Bert did b/c he was lazy. Uncommon and character was an excuse to not recruit talented athletes from challenging homes. Those were the kids that needed a program structure like what we have the worst.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Wooderson

Zero chance Morris can pull a kid from Norvell. Zero.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Seebs

Worst thing about recruiting Memphis is having to be in Memphis.

Best thing about recruiting Memphis is saving a kid from Memphis
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogtrillian

Quote from: Wooderson on December 16, 2017, 04:34:38 pm

If I'm a recruit and an SEC school comes calling, I'm picking SEC over memphis any day of the week.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Seebs on December 16, 2017, 05:04:19 pm

As someone who travels there frequently for work there is a lot of truth in this statement.

Beached

This is ridiculous.

jcharkansas

I've often wondered why we don't recruit there more myself, maybe we are and just haven't landed many idk. There are some good ones over in that area.

870hogfan

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

Memhogs

Rule # 2 on the recruiting forum... No bashing Memphis!
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Wooderson on December 16, 2017, 06:31:26 pm
You're about to see
I guess you're saying Bohanon to Memphis then.

ChicoHog

It's also a long drive to Fayetteville from Memphis.  Dallas is probably about the same time in driving as Memphis.  Even St. Louis is not much further away than Memphis. 

BirmingHam

Quote from: Seebs on December 16, 2017, 05:04:19 pm

dillydilly

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 16, 2017, 07:28:35 pm
It's also a long drive to Fayetteville from Memphis.  Dallas is probably about the same time in driving as Memphis.  Even St. Louis is not much further away than Memphis.

Dallas and Saint Louis are about an hour farther than Memphis, plus there's a game in Little Rock (I think).
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

NashvilleHog

We just aren't going to roll into Memphis now and get whoever we want.  As far as SEC schools go, Ole Miss and Alabama have established pipelines there.  You also have UT, but they are 6-hours away.

With the success the Tigers are having, we aren't going to beat them for a kid out of Memphis they want.  The reality is that they are a better program at this moment than we are.  They have players all over the NFL and have been winning at a high rate.  We are a middling SEC program.  As much as I hate to admit it, we just are.  Hopefully our new coach will change that, but our record over the last 20 years speaks for itself. 
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Hollywood870

Memphis didn't have half of the stadium full their final couple of home games.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 16, 2017, 09:11:53 pm
Never mind the terrible rain that was coming down...

LuckyGiraffe

hawgwash

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 16, 2017, 09:11:53 pm
Neither did Arkansas.

factchecker

Quote from: hawgwash on December 16, 2017, 09:33:59 pm
Neither did Arkansas.

We weren't winning.

What was the excuse for Memphis?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

in Memphis, Id almost agree. Zero chance is a dumb thing to say, but the gist of your point is true. Id say maybe 10%.

But, Norvell cant even walk into his own hometown of Dallas and expect to beat Morris , either. Facts.
And you know I love me some Cornrows.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang