Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 01:17:31 pm

I have a confession...

Started by ambien_sky, December 07, 2017, 04:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigz

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 07, 2017, 04:39:25 pm
Love the Hog Call But think the Arkansas Razorback chant dividing the east and west sides is dumb. Only half of the fans are yelling at one time.
It needs to be yelled from both sides at the same time.
Not AR kin saw. Ra ser backs
But ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS 3 times
Then GO HOGS GO three times followed by RAZORBACKS. 
Now come on, that's the best thing we have going besides the Arkansas Flag cheer
You guys have a good time frig dancing

hogfan446

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on December 07, 2017, 04:37:00 pm
I agree.  The hog call makes me feel like we are no shoes-wearing backwoods hillbillies.  It's horrible.

Squints Pallaboarus

When people do the wolf call in the hog call, THAT is embarrassing.

jkstock04

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 07, 2017, 04:21:39 pm
I love the razorbacks, and I fully support them.  But,  I HATE the hog call.  To me,  it's the dumbest thing in college football. When I am at games, and everyone calls the hogs,  I am embarrassed, and don't participate.  I hate it when they do it on national television,  like today with Chad Morris.  I had to mute the TV I was so embarrassed.  I was hoping not too many people were watching at the end.

I know that all of the college football programs have their thing,  but to me,  ours is by far the most humiliating.  To be honest,  I wish they would just stop doing it,  or come up with something new. 

There. I said it.  I feel much better now.
Question...how old are you?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

FutureMan

Quote from: Hog33 on December 07, 2017, 04:41:31 pm
Calling the Hogs in a full restaurant in Tennessee,as Manager, after Hunter's Heave, is one of my shining moments in my 65 years

Love it.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 07, 2017, 04:39:25 pm
Love the Hog Call But think the Arkansas Razorback chant dividing the east and west sides is dumb. Only half of the fans are yelling at one time.
It needs to be yelled from both sides at the same time.
Not AR kin saw. Ra ser backs
But ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS 3 times
Then GO HOGS GO three times followed by RAZORBACKS.

Man totally agreed! Have thought this for a long time. I know most schools have this back and forth chant thing, but imagine everyone doing it at same time. Would be so loud.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

razorbackfaninar

I love the razorbacks, and I fully support them.  But,  I HATE the hog call.  To me,  it's the dumbest thing in college football. When I am at games, and everyone calls the hogs,  I am embarrassed, and don't participate.  I hate it when they do it on national television,  like today with Chad Morris.  I had to mute the TV I was so embarrassed.  I was hoping not too many people were watching at the end.

I know that all of the college football programs have their thing,  but to me,  ours is by far the most humiliating.  To be honest,  I wish they would just stop doing it,  or come up with something new. 

I have been a hog fan my entire life and I have never liked it when it is done as individuals on a stage like at press conferences.  I like the way it sounds in the stadium when everyone is doing it.  But I agree that I think it looks dumb when new coaches do it, and yes I have caught a lot of hell for expressing that sentiment you just expressed.

Kneph13

I do NOT share the OP's opinion.  The Hog Call is unique and when; like another poster said,  performed at the right time in a game, home or away,  with 50k+ people is a hair raising, goose bump producing, U of A anthem.

Public reactions to a group doing the Hog Call is priceless!
There is no Political Correctness in war

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

I grew up in the Ozarks and heard my dad call the cows every day which sounded just like the Hog call so it warms my heart.

Holmes501

The Hog Call is great for games.

I have issues when people do it at other places. i.e. a Bruno Mars concert at Verizon in Little Rock

Bacons Rebellion

When a person experiences mood or cognitive problems or behavioral issues for a long time, a psychological evaluation may be beneficial, and a diagnosis of a psychological disorder may follow. Treatment frequently involves psychotherapy to work on behaviors, skill development, and thought process. A person may be hospitalized for coexisting medical problems, serious complications, severe disorders, or substance abuse. Medications can be quite helpful for some psychological disorders.

Properly treated, people who have psychological disorders often improve; however, relapses are possible. Left untreated, some psychological problems can lead to academic, legal, social and work problems. Alcohol poisoning, drug overdose, suicide, and violent behavior are other potential complications.
Psychological disorders can have serious, even life-threating, complications. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) for inability to care for one's basic needs (food, water, shelter) or threatening, irrational or suicidal behavior.

Seek prompt medical care if you think you might have a psychological disorder or are being treated for one but symptoms recur or are persistent.

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Billy Bats

OK, if we're confessing, I got one.  I can't stand Boss Hog.  It's creepy and weird.  It's the windowless van of mascots.   

hogfan446

Quote from: Holmes501 on December 07, 2017, 04:45:36 pm
The Hog Call is great for games.

I have issues when people do it at other places. i.e. a Bruno Mars concert at Verizon in Little Rock

Ok, I will agree with this point.  If you're not doing it for something that actually has to do with the Razorbacks... then you look like a moron.

nolt

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 07, 2017, 04:29:55 pm
At the right point in a game calling the hogs is fantastic.  Nothing like it sports in fact.  At a press conference it is contrived.  And uncomfortable for the people who have never done it and don't yet understand it.  Let new coaches and their families work into it.

Agree. I remember BP edited and his family up there like "where tf did we land?"

phadedhawg

In a stadium or an arena, I love the way it sounds.  But like I said yesterday in a different thread, ever since Dana's weak af hog call and the fallout from it, I'm fine with skipping the press conference hog calls. 

Kneph13

Quote from: Hog33 on December 07, 2017, 04:41:31 pm
Calling the Hogs in a full restaurant in Tennessee,as Manager, after Hunter's Heave, is one of my shining moments in my 65 years

+1 That my good sir is definitely priceless.
There is no Political Correctness in war

hogfan446

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 07, 2017, 04:47:17 pm
OK, if we're confessing, I got one.  I can't stand Boss Hog.  It's creepy and weird.  It's the windowless van of mascots.   

One time at the start of the game, one time at the end. Everything else is excessive.

pigskinpreacherII

"Whosoever blasphemeth against the hog call hath never forgiveness"

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

I work at an office on the square in Oxford. When Arkansas beats Ole Miss I make the interns wear the Hog hat and call the hogs.

ar-elwood

I have worked at a pretty large company in Memphis for about 33 years and a new VP (in my management chain) was hired several years ago.  He is from the West/Northwest part of the county.  At the time, a lot of Ark grads were being hired here straight out of school. The VP had heard about the HOG Call and liked to try to put the new hires on the spot and have them call the Hogs in front of a big crowd at a meeting. Several went up in a group and gave an extremely lame Hog Call. 

Someone tipped him off that I was from Arkansas and was a big Razorback fan.  He called on me to answer some questions about something else, but before sat down he called me up put me on the spot for a to do a Hog Call, by myself in front of about 50-60 people.

I thought, I could refuse or give some lame attempt at it or I could go all out and own it.  So I decided I wasn't going to let him embarrass me and I gave the loudest, window rattling, jaw dropping, "take that",  Hog Call I could muster.   I got a huge round of applause from the mostly Tenn, Ole Miss,  Miss State, and Memphis St crowd.

He was rather shocked and I felt vindicated.

Never let'm see you sweat.

CountryHam

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 07, 2017, 04:27:01 pm
At games it is great.  Nothing like it .   At press conferences, with people doing it for the first time on national tv, it is lame.

d3maybe

Quote from: Squints Pallaboarus on December 07, 2017, 04:42:20 pm
When people do the wolf call in the hog call, THAT is embarrassing.

Dilly *** Dilly

CountryHam

razorhead5

It's kinda like drinking beer....You should probably shot gun the first couple and it makes the next few pretty darn good. I remember hog calls in Barnhill, when I got home my ears were ringing.

Rayzback

WOW!   I can't believe what I'm reading?   You know what's embarrassing, a bunch of guys making confessions!  MTFU
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Ugly Uncle

It is the greatest most unique call in sports.

I'm sorry it embarrasses you delicate flowers so much.

Retired Radio Host

nesjunk

Paying hundreds of dollars to squeeze into seats that are too tiny next to people you don't know to watch a bunch of college kids you don't know play a game running up and down a grid with an oblong ball is okay, but you're embarrassed by the Hog call.  I think you are missing the big picture here.

micali

Hawgphat

OP, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, and you're also entitled to refrain from participation in any ritualistic sports franchise inanities which make you uncomfortable; but I would ask you to please severely limit your expression of such disdain to those social circles which tend to agree with you in that regard.  The hog-calling is a long-standing Razorbacks tradition, and traditions play an important role in fan unity and program continuity.  Please don't throw cold water on those many of us who disagree with your take on this issue.

oldhawg

That ranks right up there with a coach saying, "Who would want to coach at Arkansas."

runninghog

I am not upset at you for expressing this forbidden anathema.  I feel sorry for you.  The truth is, every hog fan has started out in the same predicament. 

It is only that you have not experienced the eerie domination that it disseminates as it chills the blood of opposing teams and unifies every hog fan within earshot in a magical moment of willing their team to a charging victory. 

Only after you've been a participating witness to this amazing tradition can you then stand alone in your travels to other states and perform the Hog Call with brazen courage.  It will change you, if you let it.

Rayzback

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 07, 2017, 04:57:13 pm
It is the greatest most unique call in sports.

I'm sorry it embarrasses you delicate flowers so much.

I know it's a trashed thread, but I still wanted to say.... I love that it is unique. Anybody can yell Roll Tide, War Damn Eagle, etc. You can't fake the Hog call.  You can easily spot a true Razorback fan based on how they call the hogs.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

TheSportsGuy

Man soome of yall are weird clueless freaks lol.  Definitely good for a laugh.  Followed the hogs since birth.  Massive fan.  Hog call sucked since childhood.  Fans who love it, more power to ya.  If fans don't, so be it.  Life is simple   

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Vantage 8 dude

Sorry, but anything you said about supposedly loving the Hogs but hating the call makes you the leader of fake news-you AREN'T an Arkansas fan in any way, shape or form. You just proved it without question.

GolfNut57

This post might set a new record for smites on one post.  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Ugly Uncle

All three of my kids learned to call the hogs before they could talk.  I didn't read them poetry while they were still in the womb, I called the hogs to them.

If you haven't called the Hogs since birth you may not get it...but if you can't see how unique and special it is.

I've called the Hogs in restaurants, hotels, many airports (including JFK in NY) and at sporting events that were not Arkansas related.  When two Hog fans get together and start calling the Hogs any other Arkansas boy (or girl) in ear shot will join in. 

People these days...first we are offended by everything...now we are embarrassed by everything.  smh.
Retired Radio Host