Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Figured out why some of you are so bitter and hate filled - jealousy

Started by hogsanity, December 06, 2017, 11:15:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

You are not a college coach - but think you would be a great one. Why didn't you choose that as your profession?
You are not an AD - you have not put in the years and the money to get the education or work your way up to be a AD. But you think you would be the greatest one ever. Why didn't you go that route?
You are not in the know, not part of the loop, so you made predictions, assertions, on who the coach would be, and you were wrong, and it burns you up.

You hate Morris because he is getting paid a lot of money. You begrudge him that. You are jealous that these guys are making money coaching, something you wish you were doing but for whatever reason your life did not take you that way. You can't believe guys who do not win as many games as you think they should are getting paid millions while you are stuck in whatever job you have. You also can not stand it that all your predictions - Gus, Norvell, Kiffin, Leach - turned out to be wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Morris paid his dues, he coached HS ball for many years before getting a college job. He was responsible for the offensive rebirth at Clemson that lead to a NC. He runs a innovative offense, which people here have slobbered over for weeks, months, years. He has connection in Texas, which man of you have squealed about needing for years.

Get over yourselves, you are not that important, you are not the AD or on the BOT. Your job is not to hire the coach. You and I choose to be fans, and we can choose not to be. However, if you choose not to be just because your guy did not get hired, then I'd say you were not a fan to start with.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

spiritof92

I think it's mostly because he wasn't who they predicted or they expected some earth-shattering "home run hire".  I like the Morris hire, tbh.

Pork Twain

Most on here anymore remind me of Grouchy Smurf.  No matter what happens, who is hired, who is fired, who we beat and who we lose to, all they do is bitch.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogsanity

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 06, 2017, 11:20:42 pm
I think it's mostly because he wasn't who they predicted or they expected some earth-shattering "home run hire".  I like the Morris hire, tbh.

I like it, I do not love it, I do not hate it. He checks most of the boxes people wanted, yet for some reason they do not even want to give him a chance.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 11:22:48 pm
Most on here anymore remind me of Grouchy Smurf.  No matter what happens, who is hired, who is fired, who we beat and who we lose to, all they do is bitch.
+1

S.A.D.C

Most are bitter because this search exposed something that is hard for a lot of us to deal with:  that our dream job isn't everyone's dream job.  I think CCM is a great hire for Arkansas and has a chance to do something special here....  but I recognize the Arkansas job for what it is.  This search was a commentary on how this job is viewed by coaches.  Our own Native Son would rather stay at Auburn.  I believe Kiffin decided to wait for a bigger opportunity- those are blows to the ego for a lot of people here.  They have to believe that someone screwed up because they cant deal with the reality that a more "big name" coach might actually turn this job down.

hogsanity

Quote from: S.A.D.C on December 06, 2017, 11:29:15 pm
Most are bitter because this search exposed something that is hard for a lot of us to deal with:  that our dream job isn't everyone's dream job.  I think CCM is a great hire for Arkansas and has a chance to do something special here....  but I recognize the Arkansas job for what it is.  This search was a commentary on how this job is viewed by coaches.  Our own Native Son would rather stay at Auburn.  I believe Kiffin decided to wait for a bigger opportunity- those are blows to the ego for a lot of people here.  They have to believe that someone screwed up because they cant deal with the reality that a more "big name" coach might actually turn this job down.

I came to terms long ago that Arkansas is a mid tier college football program playing in a top level conference. It is okay, it is a good program, not great but far from horrible.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:23:11 pm
I like it, I do not love it, I do not hate it. He checks most of the boxes people wanted, yet for some reason they do not even want to give him a chance.
He is going to get a chance he has been hired to be our HC, If he wins more that he loses the fans will love him.  You are judging the fans before the first game is played.  Stop all the negative talk about how bad the fans are, give them a chance.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 06, 2017, 11:36:06 pm
He is going to get a chance he has been hired to be our HC, If he wins more that he loses the fans will love him.  You are judging the fans before the first game is played.  Stop all the negative talk about how bad the fans are, give them a chance.

And the ones I am referring to are judging Morris before the 1st game is played. Why don't they stop all the negative talk about the new HC until he has had a chance to coach a game or a season?

rtr

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:38:11 pm
And the ones I am referring to are judging Morris before the 1st game is played.
You are such a scold.  Lighten up Francis.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:38:11 pm
And the ones I am referring to are judging Morris before the 1st game is played. Why don't they stop all the negative talk about the new HC until he has had a chance to coach a game or a season?
A minarty, most people don't like change if he wins more that  he loses relax the fans will love him.

bondhue

The candidates winnowed themselves out in various ways until we were left with the one who had the self confidence that he could come in and turn it around.  He has the footballs  to put his legacy on the line to face this challenge.  And it is a challenge.  He is taking over a sunbelt team that plays in the SEC.   In five years no one will be able to deny that the success or failure of the program is his.  To paraphrase Ten Bears, it will be success.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

spiritof92

Same here.  I can think of other candidates I like but can see what they are trying to do with this hire.  His offense alone should generate interest. 

SchrodingersHog

Have we been told which coaches the UoA contacted or which coaches applied for the job?  I mean an official statement, not the "insider information" here on HV.  Just out of curiousity, I would like to know how high we set our sights.  Was it just Morris, Gus, Norvell, and Kiffin? 

Hoggie17

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 06, 2017, 11:43:33 pm
Same here.  I can think of other candidates I like but can see what they are trying to do with this hire.  His offense alone should generate interest.
I am like most fans, if we win half our games I am happy, It just a social outing  where we tail gate and meet our old class weekly in the fall. Our days as being relevant are over we are the Miss S and KY. If were to fire Morris we end up with some like him our days of getting an elite coach are over.  It's just a fun place to go every Saturday on the weekend. Relax and stop worrying about few.  Tail gate have an adult beverage, I have gone to some games and stayed at my RV. 

rtr

The Arkansas job is a good one, it's just the last six years have taken it's toll.  Hopefully, things will change.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rtr on December 06, 2017, 11:54:09 pm
The Arkansas job is a good one, it's just the last six years have taken it's toll.  Hopefully, things will change.
I can remember when we were an elite program, but now its just a social outing.

Pork Twain

Most are bitter because this search exposed something that is hard for a lot of us to deal with:  that our dream job isn’t everyone’s dream job.  I think CCM is a great hire for Arkansas and has a chance to do something special here....  but I recognize the Arkansas job for what it is.  This search was a commentary on how this job is viewed by coaches.  Our own Native Son would rather stay at Auburn.  I believe Kiffin decided to wait for a bigger opportunity- those are blows to the ego for a lot of people here.  They have to believe that someone screwed up because they cant deal with the reality that a more “big name” coach might actually turn this job down.
I don't see this as the case at all.  Other than the charlatan, Gus, who turned us down?  Unlike Tenn, we conducted our search, kept our cards close to our vest and got our #2 guy.  Tenn is still looking and we replaced both our AD and HC in the time they made themselves a laughing stock.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:31:58 pm
I came to terms long ago that Arkansas is a mid tier college football program playing in a top level conference. It is okay, it is a good program, not great but far from horrible.

Sounds rather like rooting for the Detroit Lions...

rtr

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 06, 2017, 11:57:04 pm
I can remember when we were an elite program, but now its just a social outing.
Elite programs more often than not have to hire up and comers. Florida-Muschamp, McElwain  Tennessee-Dooley, Jones Texas-Herrmann.  The more research I do, I think Arkansas made a good hire.  Things will get better. You need to get the right coach not one with a big name. 

sickboy

jimmiewkersh

It is not jealousy, it is tired of being Lil O Arkansas.  IF they were willing to drop over $7M of Gus then why can't they drop $8M or 9M and get one of the top 5 coaches is what many of these upset guys think.  It has nothing to do with anger issues it has everything to do with high expectations and returning to a highly meaningful program.
Up and comers are fine, but there are a ton of seats to fill, especially new seats, boxes, and suites to fill so dropping a few extra $M a year should be no big deal if winning follows.
Being civil goes both ways, much like tolerance.  You only should expect that which you extend.

NuttinItUp

Fan is short for fanatical.

All fans are crazy in their own way. Some are just crazier than others.

rtr

PigPusher

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:15:35 pm
You are not a college coach - but think you would be a great one. Why didn't you choose that as your profession?
You are not an AD - you have not put in the years and the money to get the education or work your way up to be a AD. But you think you would be the greatest one ever. Why didn't you go that route?
You are not in the know, not part of the loop, so you made predictions, assertions, on who the coach would be, and you were wrong, and it burns you up.

You hate Morris because he is getting paid a lot of money. You begrudge him that. You are jealous that these guys are making money coaching, something you wish you were doing but for whatever reason your life did not take you that way. You can't believe guys who do not win as many games as you think they should are getting paid millions while you are stuck in whatever job you have. You also can not stand it that all your predictions - Gus, Norvell, Kiffin, Leach - turned out to be wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Morris paid his dues, he coached HS ball for many years before getting a college job. He was responsible for the offensive rebirth at Clemson that lead to a NC. He runs a innovative offense, which people here have slobbered over for weeks, months, years. He has connection in Texas, which man of you have squealed about needing for years.

Get over yourselves, you are not that important, you are not the AD or on the BOT. Your job is not to hire the coach. You and I choose to be fans, and we can choose not to be. However, if you choose not to be just because your guy did not get hired, then I'd say you were not a fan to start with.

Funny stuff. I have this image of a thirties something little fat guy with his belly sticking out from under his tee shirt. He's sitting before this old style monitor pouring out nightly offerings of knowledge over things he knows very little about. Bad this and bad that over and over again night after night. Just joking guys.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PigPusher on December 07, 2017, 12:22:23 am
Funny stuff. I have this image of a thirties something little fat guy with his belly sticking out from under his tee shirt. He's sitting before this old style monitor pouring out nightly offerings of knowledge over things he knows very little about. Bad this and bad that over and over again night after night. Just joking guys.
Is that image really just a reflection off of your computer monitor?  ;)

PigPusher

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 07, 2017, 12:25:19 am
Is that image really just a reflection off of your computer monitor?  ;)

Nope got hair around my belly button. Darn syrup dripping sure gets me matted up. Y'all don knowed that.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 06, 2017, 11:20:42 pm

The Malzahn fake news made some think delusional. Malzahn becoming the Arkansas coach was as likely as the Easter Bunny being named tomorrow. However, these pom pom Malzahn guys believed all the false information they got on Malzahn from Arkansas news click bait.

The Kig

You and I choose to be fans, and we can choose not to be. However, if you choose not to be just because your guy did not get hired, then I'd say you were not a fan to start with.

Literally almost every word in your post was drivel.  Seriously it was almost as bitchy as the very people you are whining about....

You are right about our choice to be fans... that's about it.  Where we part ways is assuming that fans have to be ecstatic over a hire they disagree with.  I can be a fan of the program and love/hate the hires we make.   

What I do agree with you on is people deciding not to support the Hogs just because they think this was a bad hire.  To that end, I will say this... Morris was not my guy, not even in the top 5.  I was vocal about who I felt were better options (and no it wasn't Gus or Norvell) up until the hire.  Now, as a fan of this program, I will get behind Morris and cheer the Hogs on.  I sincerely hope he is wildly successful and takes us to the promised land...because I am a fan of the Hogs.  I said my piece before he took the job and now that he has been hired, I will give my support. 
Poker Porker

pigmania

You sound just like Bo Mattingly. You think you're smarter than anyone else when it comes to sports.   

The Kig

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 11:57:22 pm
Unlike Tenn, we conducted our search, kept our cards close to our vest and got our #2 guy.  k.

You can't seriously believe this...even if you support Morris, you can't really believe he was our #2 guy.
Poker Porker

Pork Twain

Quote from: The Kig on December 07, 2017, 12:53:38 am
You can't seriously believe this...even if you support Morris, you can't really believe he was our #2 guy.
Ok, who else was actually offered and who else actually turned us down?  Please do not use Hogville as a source.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PigPusher on December 07, 2017, 12:43:07 am
Nope got hair around my belly button. Darn syrup dripping sure gets me matted up. Y'all don knowed that.
I shave the middle of my chest, down to my belly button to prevent that.

Phil D

Quote from: jimmiewkersh on December 07, 2017, 12:12:04 am
It is not jealousy, it is tired of being Lil O Arkansas.  IF they were willing to drop over $7M of Gus then why can't they drop $8M or 9M and get one of the top 5 coaches is what many of these upset guys think.  It has nothing to do with anger issues it has everything to do with high expectations and returning to a highly meaningful program.
Up and comers are fine, but there are a ton of seats to fill, especially new seats, boxes, and suites to fill so dropping a few extra $M a year should be no big deal if winning follows.
Being civil goes both ways, much like tolerance.  You only should expect that which you extend.
I would really like a link to this 7 million dollar contract you refer to or is it just rumor and innuendo.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

synthartist69

Nice try smarty pants....

rhog1

Quote from: Phil D on December 07, 2017, 01:40:35 am
I would really like a link to this 7 million dollar contract you refer to or is it just rumor and innuendo.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/dollars-figures-begin-emerge-arkansas-offer-gus-malzahn
According to a report from Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, one number that is being thrown out is a 7-year, $50 million offer for Malzahn.

RideTillIDieHawg

So by your logic if someone isn't a coach they can't criticize?

You've never been president but I bet between Trump and Obama you've done your share of criticizing.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 06, 2017, 11:41:22 pm
A minarty, most people don't like change if he wins more that  he loses relax the fans will love him.

That minority (I think that is what you meant) have a couple of hundred posts in the last two days. I went and looked at a couple of the biggest whiners profiles. It makes this site almost unreadable. We get it. Y'all are pissed off. You didn't get the hire you wanted. I didn't get the hire I wanted. It is what it is. Why try to take this site down in flames just because you're angry? Is it just so you can come back and say "I told you so" if he doesn't succeed?

Mellon Collie

hawgon

Peter Porker

Quote from: jimmiewkersh on December 07, 2017, 12:12:04 am

Because sustained winning here is too hard of a challenge.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jonbo

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 11:57:22 pm
I don't see this as the case at all.  Other than the charlatan, Gus, who turned us down?  Unlike Tenn, we conducted our search, kept our cards close to our vest and got our #2 guy.  Tenn is still looking and we replaced both our AD and HC in the time they made themselves a laughing stock.

Some have said that after Gus's spurning, Kiffin told Arkansas to "Hit the road, Jack!"

IronHog

Same reason you are jealous of people that could touch the net.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

EastexHawg

Absolutely wrong on every count.  My concern is the decline of the football program, not money, and I never predicted who would be hired.

Davidr295

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 06, 2017, 11:52:45 pm
I am like most fans, if we win half our games I am happy, It just a social outing  where we tail gate and meet our old class weekly in the fall. Our days as being relevant are over we are the Miss S and KY. If were to fire Morris we end up with some like him our days of getting an elite coach are over.  It's just a fun place to go every Saturday on the weekend. Relax and stop worrying about few.  Tail gate have an adult beverage, I have gone to some games and stayed at my RV.

I guarantee you that is not how most fans think. You are a minority on that one.

SemperFi

All you had to do was look at the post count of those doing the majority of the bitching to understand what was going on. The trolls were in full force. Disrupting the forum with their unintelligent slandering of our new Head Coach. Posting lies as it they were fact. Scurrying about like roaches stirring up more drama than a soap opera. I wish the Mods would have slapped them hard, but it didn't happen; however, what bothered me most were that some of the long time Hogville members were literally losing their minds right along side of the trolls. Shameful how that all went down.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

HawgwildinMI